AntonyVW

Tale of the missing bear

Several days ago (close to a week if not more), we lost a bear at sea when we were pounced on by SOTD. Despite searching for it afterwards we could not find it and gave it up as lost. Then yesterday my son found it swimming around on a return visit to the area. How it survived that long at sea I have no idea. Happily reunited with said bear we took it on a treasure hunt. Everything started fine. Completed the first hunt and carried on doing a further 2 treasures.

At the end of the third hunt - when the bear was carrying the bulk of my sons gold, we sent it back onto the ship. but it decided to float off instead. We have no idea what happened to it, it just went to high and would not respond to whistle commands. We followed it for some time across the island where it eventually came crashing back to the ground and disappeared completely.

So if anyone sees an owned bear - trailing a cannon in B8 - we would love to hear about it please.

One sorely missed bear.

• Sad 2

Yeah, I have so many tames just straight up disappear. I lost a horse yesterday. One minute it was on my boat, next minute *poof* no more horse. No death message, no anything. Just gone like a magic trick gone wrong. That's the 2nd horse that just vanished without a trace.

I had an NPC crew member literally go bouncing off my ship's deck too. I watched her bounce off into the sky. I imagine she's dead by now. A funny if inconvenient glitch. 

And then there are the bears that keep dying on board or while boarding my ships. I'll have them board, then a little while later I get the message "Your bear has died!" Like wtf. I lost several good bears like that. So now instead of looking for the best bears to tame and get attached to only to have them die to stupid bugs my new policy is just to tame whatever crappy bears I find because they'll be dead within 24 hours anyway. 

Seriously, I have more tame casualties to bugs than the hordes of asshole predators, although it is a pretty close match. 

F, but great story.

My mate had some bears gliched from a ship. He told this way to move tames to ship. Swim there, unmount, whistle follow, climb ship with hook (or ladder), when tame is on ship whistle stay AND ride them on the ship.

This way i havent gliched on off the ship for weeks.

But two bears were knocked of the ship by hits from a SotD. i could recover one, the other i realised 3 grids after, so i did not bother to go back and S&R.

We had one parrot on shoulder that was glitched during server crossing, couldnt see it first, then it was visable after some time but was moving all the time. Could not interact with it.

So my mate took him with him into a Powerstone cave to get a powerstone (He got the PS). The parrot is buried there now 🙂