Sign in to follow this  
Sparky McGee

Devs - New Players think Official Servers are Dead!

Noticed a friend from Ark login to Atlas today, messaged him and said "about time", told me he is on a private server because he looked at the official servers and they were all dead with only a few players, further discussion made us realize why he thought this, it is because the only populations that can be seen when choosing a official server is Freeports, which of course tend to only have 1-2 players if that many most of the time nowadays. Yes population has went down alot on official servers, but they are still pretty busy and new players thinking the servers are dead just end up making matters worse fast.

Lovely to see that you have such positive feedback Jozzie, but even with your sarcasm, yeah 10-20 per grid is alot better than maybe 1-2, but i was thinking more along the lines of showing total players on a server would be helpful, however anything would be better than a new player thinking there are only a dozen people playing on such a huge map

TBH I don't think the "whole server" stats would do the new players any good either as it's advertised as 40k players on a gameworld they would see what, a couple thousand at most? Since most people claim to have moved to unofficial and myself when I login I see 15-20 players in peak time and about 1-4 when it ain't peak time for my region. This week will be the 5k player week at lowtimes and with some luck slightly over 10k in peaktimes, with a weekend of 13k players upcoming and after that a week where peaks won't go over 10k until it's weekend (maybe). New players have the advantage to proper test the game for 2 hours and still get a refund. Either refund it or play on empty servers until Grapeshot shuts them down and forces everyone to play on unnoficial servers on an Early Access game which isn't 3 months old yet. So on full release if it ever will happen, it will be without official servers, some MMO they delivered huh 😉

Edited by Jozzie McTowel