Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

Things that should NOT work like that.

Did you know that you can ATTACH A TORCH TO a SADDLE? Do that with your bear saddle and enjoy the torch floating above your bear's back:

A0eAQ28.jpg

Oh... and here is my CREW controlling SMALL HANDLING SAIL placed in front of my Schooner. I hope he feels comfortable down there:

rEgdekD.jpg

The thing I hate in Galley in Atlas - amount of masts. I mean seriously. Bigger ship DOESN'T mean more MASTS! There are more complicated sails, more yards, etc, but in most cases THERE ARE JUST 3 MASTS (i know there were ships with even more than Galleys have here but those were just an exceptions). Check the Pirates of the Caribbean. Even biggest royal ship with 2 rows of gunports have 3 masts:

c45DytP.jpg

There was a pirate game Corsairs before. The BIGEST WARSHIP in a game had just 3 masts:

manowar.jpg

And what we have here?

WCHCsCW.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'll add one more. Some1 dig the treasure and army of damned solders right there:

lQPRvLR.jpg

Guess what happened when army was spawned? Half of solders immediately fall down from hill. Good thing I found all of them later...

Edited by George Catcher

Good show, chap!

There was, however, an 7-mast schooner called the Thomas W. Lawson. Check it out sometime.

It wasn't the norm, but it was a thing.

• Like 1

I'm with you mate.

I can not stand the sight of the galleons in this game. And if we want to say it all ... handling and weight sails works exactly the opposite of what it should be. They should ensure excellent upwind sailing speed.

• Like 1

- you do a little jump when you leave water (ARK has that for years so I guess that is intended?) which is hilarious strange and annoying at times 

- crew member can´t wander but have wander option

- crew member can´t harvest but have harvest option

- tames vanishes/is killed when you port them on your ship if a npc crew member is on the same spot

- tames phase in / phase out 

- giraffe still does lower thatch harvest than by hand

- FoY entrance is spammed by abandoned ships (hundrets) causing powerstone islands to be a lag fest

- fire elemental on powerstone islands are literal gods compared to hydra and other stuff

- crossing server grids deletes sometimes shoulder pets

- crossing server grids sometimes moves tames from the ship leaving them at server boarders to die

- not all discovery points are working which is annoying as fuck if you go there and don´t get it after a long travel (solutions is: put a chair down, sit and stand up in the discovery. take a tame with you, get up and down. place a bed and die and spawn there) 

- treasure hunts are in stones or mountains unable to receive gold

- killing damned monsters of treasure hunts don´t count as killed if you kill them to far away (annoying! )

- claim system bugged beyond believe. in pve a company with 223 claims has an claim timer of 3d 18h (hilarious if you consider you only need to be online once to refresh all timer as it seems)

- traveling makes almost no sense, just farm gold and trade resources in your freeport for what you need

- ship level cap is to low and you get it to easy making SoTD useless in PvE after you leveled up. blueprints in PvE are useless you don´t have anything to fight that would be worth the investment (kraken just go there with 2 more ships instead of mythic ships etc.)

- we have dozent of dead ships on our beach reducing FPS and we can´t remove them ourselfs (PvE) 

- NPC Crew sit on the wrong place when mounted to sails

-  NPC crew following is really bad

- Cow following you is fast as lightning (could be lag)

- Server has 20 FPS on our island (while i get 90 FPS if I´m away from islands or in polar regions) cause of all the structures and stuff spawned. Game is 0 optimized and will never be (ARK still has huge FPS issues to this day if you encounter bigger bases)

there is so much stuff broken and annoying and I could bear with it if the game wouldn´t be so damn empty. 

you think the amount of islands would make it a huge exploration game but in the end you have 5 mirrored copies of each island in each different climate zone and that´s it. 

since you only have the limited base building elements every damn building looks the same, ever island looks the same and every harbour looks the same. 

i really don´t know what I should do in this game except farming gold for nothing.. the dream of creating my own one piece to let others hunt for it maybe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mephos said:

- you do a little jump when you leave water (ARK has that for years so I guess that is intended?) which is hilarious strange and annoying at times 

The little hop was due to trying to avoid meshing. During very early Ark, you would sometimes fall through the land when exiting the water, and the little hop was put in to avoid that. (Similar to the thing thats causing tames to go floating off into space) There has always been something funky where the water meets the land - when you would lose a tame through the mesh, you could get it out by whistling it to follow you, and swimming out into the ocean a little ways, which allowed it to pop up through that water/land seam

The saddle-torch is an artifact from ARK. A light that travels with you, on your mount, leaving hands free.

Sure, it's not well rendered in Atlas. Is that your point?

5 hours ago, Mephos said:

you think the amount of islands would make it a huge exploration game but in the end you have 5 mirrored copies of each island in each different climate zone and that´s it. 

since you only have the limited base building elements every damn building looks the same, ever island looks the same and every harbour looks the same. 

Despite the islands being the same shape, ive found that they definitely do not have the same geography. Sure there is a few different sets for those island shapes, so they may be similar. But rather than just sailing by and saying ‘oh its the same as this other island’, have you made landfall and explored?

One of my favorite aspects of PvE is travelling to see all the different ways people have built their bases. I love the creativity that I see in a lot of zones, and that’s what makes getting discovery points and travelling fun to me. I have never seen two islands with the same shape that are exact mirror copies. Players are what make each area different, maybe interacting with them will give you that adventure you’re searching for 😉

6 hours ago, Mephos said:

I do wish they'd throw in another set of stone and wood with different textured.  The stone on the bank and the footing of the large stone gateframes looks great, and fits the overall aesthetic of the game. As is, cinderblock, or ancient temple is the only look we get on stone.

26 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

Yeah, I just saw a Brig sail by... I check my spyglass and I clearly found out - what company this ship belongs to:

RMTWP1k.jpg

Yes and ? It's a spyglass, to spy..

• Like 1

Yes and ?

I always forget to add "sarcasm" word in text like that...  the problem is on the picture. I just saw a ship belongs to "(???something???) WacKinger" I even point it by red circle.

Edited by George Catcher

Nah it's my bad, shouldn't have taken that one serious, stupid that i mist the sarcasm xD

• Like 1

I was on my way back to base... I pushed thru SotDs, they damaged my sails. So my ship was on full speed, with tail wind. I went top deck to repair sails, hit my repair hammer and...

...next second I found myself deep into ocean, seeing my ship chasing away, lowering sails. Wile I was on my swim back I saw SotD goes by to attack my ship:

Xi6r4Dl.jpg

Then I finally get there. 

I climbed rear ladder. Fell down to the ocean. 

I climbed again. Fell down to the ocean.

I swam to another ladder, and finally get to deck. One plank was missing, my ship was sinking. I raised sails to full speed to get away from open fire. I looked back. I certainly should get away ASAP:

aVgvRIX.jpg

Then I went down to replace my missing plank, because my ship was still sinking. And guess what happened next?

I FOUND MYSELF DEEP IN TO OCEAN WATCHING MY SHIP CHASING AWAY LOWERING SAILS.

This story has it's happy end. Thx for 160% sturdiness and my -40% sinking speed in captaining. But... well. Any1 else could easily lost their ship. Just because they took a step on the deck and next moment found themselves into the ocean.

(my guessing - it somehow connected to high waves. When there is a wave that above you, no matter if you staying on deck, or in hold, or climbing a ladder - the game put you into waters).

Edited by George Catcher

53 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

I was on my way back to base... I pushed thru SotDs, they damaged my sails. So my ship was on full speed, with tail wind. I went top deck to repair sails, hit my repair hammer and...

...next second I found myself deep into ocean, seeing my ship chasing away, lowering sails. Wile I was on my swim back I saw SotD goes by to attack my ship:

Xi6r4Dl.jpg

Then I finally get there. 

I climbed rear ladder. Fell down to the ocean. 

I swam to another ladder, and finally get to deck. One plank was missing, my ship was sinking. I raised sails to full speed to get away from open fire. I looked back. I certainly should get away ASAP:

aVgvRIX.jpg

Then I went down to replace my missing plank, because my ship was still sinking. And guess what happened next?

I FOUND MYSELF DEEP IN TO OCEAN WATCHING MY SHIP CHASING AWAY LOWERING SAILS.

This story has it's happy end. Thx for 160% sturdiness and my -40% sinking speed in captaining. But... well. Any1 else could easily lost their ship. Just because they took a step on the deck and next moment found themselves into the ocean.

(my guessing - it somehow connected to high waves. When there is a wave that above you, no matter if you staying on deck, or in hold, or climbing a ladder - the game put you into waters).

it's to do with ramps and stairs if your on the edge of them you glitch off the boat make sure your on the centre of it 

• Like 1

I also had the bear blinking then it just vanished on me lost my best tame yet the thing was 44 wild lvls with 900 health 1k Stamina and 155 melee damage and 800 carry weight I lvled it to 65 putting everything into carry and it just ups and deletes on me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 1

I passed HALF ATLAS just to find - treasure right INSIDE of mountain. Army of damned out through the rock and... there is just no way I can dig the treasure. Not near (just potatoes and rocks) not in the top of this cliff where green light out (potatoes and rocks). Gr8 voyage!

z8uhB6H.jpg