Rieke

Let the players create a useful city, a trading routes, habours and so on. Simple Suggestions

@Jatheish

(At first: sorry for my bad english, i am just a woman from germany, trying my best to write down my opinions in english)

I see what the online player count is dropping down. I talked with a lot of people in different ark/atlas communitys about - why they dont log in.
And i tryed to find some solutions for bigger problems. So just some brainstorming ideas.

Let the players create a usefull city, a trading routes, habours and so on

Bank System:
Let the people up- and download gold to the own account, let them use every tribe-bank or ally bank for this.

Taverne Food selling.
Lets craft every tribe NPCs whos is only able to sell food, so a tavern makes sence. And buff the cooked food to something its worth  shipping resources from around the world... and don´t down them to a 5-stack.

Habour and growing citys
Everyone can build a nice habour but for what?
Look who is the bigges tribe or wich tribe hast the most landclaims in a sector. So THIS tribe, is able to place NPC Vendors or Auction buildings.  
If a tribe is able to create a player-friendly habour ... it will start to become a big trading habour /center.
If there is enaugh space to land /anchor with ur ships, if u finde a lot of trade stuff and maby u will finde some land to rent from the tribes, for a small outpost, storage... something great can grow.

Crafting a nice habour and make ships anchor.
Give us a component for a quay wall, where ships can anchor. It is a pain in the ass to build a harbor and at the end the ships can not anchor. Dont let us waste tonns of struktures in the deep water to get the ships anchored.

Landclaims (Idea is just for PVE. i dont know enaugh about PVP Server to make a suggestion there)
U need a better system.  Its not ok to run all the time to save ur claim (PvE) but also just loging in all 3 Weeks to make ur land save, its also not ok for the rest.
So make some stats to check, how aktiv a tribe is/was last 24 hours / last week. Check up how many ingame hours a tribe has last 24 hours, last week.
Check how many ships moving hours they have, how many ships released, how many tames got used and so on.
Dont tell us exaktly wich faktors are how importent, so people dont find to much easy ways to use the mechanic in a wrong way.
If u know how aktiv a tribe is and how many players are aktiv in real.... use that informations to manage how many flags they need = can hold easy and drop down the save-time for the flags.
Use something like online hours or tribe aktivity points.

Maby a tribe can have 1 Tribe Flag wich is save for 2 Weeks. Then set up more flags (save time 7 days) per 8 hours playtime/aktivity ... no mather 4 persons play 2 hours a day or one play 8 hours a day.
If the tribe has 48 hours playtime / day - they have 6 more flags with 7 days savetimer.
If they drop down the playtime to  24 hours / day ... drop down the savetime of each flag (not the one main tribe flag) to 3,5 days savetime... so they need to be more aktive or remove some flags to have more savetime.

Land for rent
Lets talk about why rent land/space to other players.
If an enemy try to claim ur land. The tenant get an information also. The tenant has a kind of right to claim the land as first.
He can take over the land before the enemy gets it. Maby let it cost an amount of 1000 Gold. (First renter on the flag, has the first right)
Give this renter a chance to say "save the claim for the owner" - so flag stay save, without beeing claimed and for no money.

Old ships standig around for weeks , blocking ur habour.
If a Ships isnt moved for 3 days - let player klick on it to say "remove ur shit". The owner tribe get an information in a new log (tribe log is to full to find this info) , or mark it in an other color on the map).
The owner tribe has 3 more days now, to just move it 1 meter (or just anchor it again) to show... its not and un-loved ghost ship, its in use.
If they pass the 3 day timer... lets decay it between 1-3 more days, depents on how big the ship is.

Let the people removed compleatly.
If a player dont logged in for 4 Weeks. Remove them from the server. Compleatly... also from tribes and so on - clear that shit. Look into their stuf, so the tribe dont have bad penalitys cause of that.

Ships - personal owner.
Give the option "personal owner" to ships. Let the Ship Creater choose, its an tribe ship or an personal owner ship.
And as an personal owner, u can unclain a ship, so everyone else can claim it and can choose claim as personal owner or as tribe.
So we can build and SELL ships!

TRADE SYSTEM!
We realy need something like a trade window for an save share. Without taxes, or something like an auktions house. Just to say "take this and give me that",  without the need to drop stuff on the ground.
If i wanna sell a ship: I need something like a ownership notice, put it into a trade window and if the buyer put the right amount into the window, everyone can klick "ok", so we have a save deal.
Same like resources. Use a selling box, put in the stuff u wanna sell and close it (say ready) ... buyer put his payment into the other side of the box and say ready, and if both klick a last "ok", the deal is done.

Breeding
48 hours is a way to much. Temperatur... its to heavy to manage the breed, the babys dying to fast cause of the normal changes of the temperatur and u cant do anything against the warm/hot.
Having 20 pinguins and 30 fires and looking into it for 15 - 48 hours - that cant be the right way.
Sorry, but our tribe needs to work in real live. We can do it as a tribe, of cause - but if everyone needs to sleep or work... there is nobody who can manage it ... so we need some people without a work to be able to breed?

In Ark i loved to be a breeder, but in atlas, its not possible if u have a real life.

Ship Autopilot.
I can put an npc on a ship weel and use the auto pilot. But why the hell it stop working, so far i leave the ship - so its useless?
Of cause i know, it will just drive forward... yes i know, it will drive into an isle , will do nothing agains ghost ships (ok, i can set the npc on auto fire with cannons!) and will be a blind pilot.
But if there is an autopilot - lt me use that! I wanna set it on drive strait forward and i can jump onto the bed on board if i think the npc need help. (i can see my ship on the map).
If i loose the ship... its happed... let it be MY risc.

There are a lot more ideas, but i am not sure if any one importend will read and think about it - and i dont wanna waste my time 🙂

Edited by Rieke
  • Like 3

I like your ideas, but for efficient trading and resources transportation, we need weight-capped containers, it's simply logical, what you want to carry,  you put it in a box first...

• Like 2

U can do it like in the ARK Auction Mod. Put the Stuff u wanna trade into the inventar of a tame or into a box and put a note into it also. Then u can choose this inventar at the npc/trader as actual trade.

I think there are a lot of posible ways - but we both mean the same problem wich need to fixed 🙂

Next breed Problem:
If u let a breed alone... it stops eating. After so many hours we got it over the 10% , but if u leave the render zone it starts starving.
And they have that much problems with the temperatur. We had our babys on a ship and changed location every time if it was to warm. But at around 18% we let them die if it was to warm again... we are not able to wach 48 or more hours. We have to sleep, we have to work, we dont have enaugh members without a real time job.

Edited by Rieke
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 6:04 PM, Rieke said:

Ship Autopilot.
I can put an npc on a ship weel and use the auto pilot. But why the hell it stop working, so far i leave the ship - so its useless?
Of cause i know, it will just drive forward... yes i know, it will drive into an isle , will do nothing agains ghost ships (ok, i can set the npc on auto fire with cannons!) and will be a blind pilot.
But if there is an autopilot - lt me use that! I wanna set it on drive strait forward and i can jump onto the bed on board if i think the npc need help. (i can see my ship on the map).
If i loose the ship... its happed... let it be MY risc.

No it's not useless, it's so u can walk around or even go to the crow's nest and remotely order an npc helmsman to change course. I even killed a Sotd with npc on helm with a brig 🙂
If they make actual autopilot for ships without players on them, there would be a few problems:
1. if u fall off, your ship continues without you. You could get back to ur bed, but lose all stuff on ur character
2. people would have way too many automated ships, so instead of having max x ships sailing around with x players online, theyre could eb potentially up to 10x or more ships sailing around with x players online, way too much for the servers to handle, I think.

Though I would like full autopilot for just the ship u are on, with the ability to order them to sail to a set of coordinates and perhaps even somewhat intelligently engage (or maybe better avoid) Sotd or other treaths, so u could AFK while sailing, or walk around on the ship below deck (a bit like in Shores of Hazeron, though that is a space game)

Edited by Admiral_Ivan
added somethng