Sign in to follow this  
EvilNecroid

this is not ark

i don't care what you say, they've been changing every week, whether you like it or not, you can't foresee what is going to happen with the development of this game, keep on being negative, and acting like you can see the future, it'll get you so far in life.

• Sad 1

for me the problem it's the PvE combat balance, fighting, Soldier of Damned without pet can be interesting, dodge, parry, strike ! it's fun, but when you are in front of a animal ennemi, like Wolf, tiger if your are not the first to engage, you will Die 8 time on 10.

Tamed animal are the best anwser agains animal NPC

i dont know how is the fight again's gorgonne or Cyclop, but when a wolf or a tiger with one hit of 60 or 80 dmg with a Plate armor and your are near to dead it's not fun and exciting, if the Dev dont work on it's Taming like Ark is the only way.. i Agree, i dont really like that, but it's only dev can be change that ! 

Edited by ReilanT

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Lol. You read what I said? It won’t change, so I can leave now and come back in 2 years, it would still be the same. So I rather keep playing can’t I? And if you can’t handle the negativity, you shouldn’t be on the official discussion forums lol. 

Latest few patches were all A > B, reverted to B, back to A, reverted to B. But.. clearly they won't change because you see the future.

Not sure why you are all crying about using tames. They are as support in this game, to make life easier. You can certainly play without any taming, nobody is forcing you to tame stuff or invest points in the skill tree that is for taming (which is in the game and yet you complain that they don't want tames?)

And complaining that "people quit because it's a tame game" 😄 really ? 🙂 Most I know of didn't even care about the tames. They cared that the flag system is broken, you cannot get land unless some other poor creature quits the game and other players can just spam flags with no upkeep for them, look at "top PVE companies" which are basically who can spam more flags. They cared that you could sink a galleon with a hatched. They cared that anchored ships could be sunk by weight glitch if you spent a night on another region, or even in front of your own base. They cared that resource distribution is broken (you can find all you need in the central regions without ever having to venture too far, unless you wanted to kill pinguins for oil). They cared about the fact that griefing is real but company want to "handle issues that cause the griefing". As if they can only do 1 thing at a time. They cared about bugs that made you pull your hair (falling through floors, tames flying to the sky, "shoot at ships only" option not working, discoveries bugged, map meshing, flame arrow OPness, etc). Cared about the laggy servers when 20+ people were on a single region, let alone a full 150 lag fest. Cared about disconnect issues, crashes, etc. Not one of them cared about having a tame or not.

Most of the people that play Atlas CAME from Ark. And if you think otherwise you are fooling yourself. Atlas is about ships. Nobody cares HOW you build the ships as long as you don't want to shoot yourself if you lose one. Easier to build ships = more PVP and happier people. Hard to build ships = people will run and get depressed when they lose it. Do try to remember it's a freaking game!

• Like 2

how come every time i bring up tames people start fighting?

im not saying get rid of them or nerf them. let people have tames if they like. im just saying i shouldnt have to suffer just because i dont want to use them

Just now, EvilNecroid said:

im not saying get rid of them or nerf them. let people have tames if they like. im just saying i shouldnt have to suffer just because i dont want to use them

Because it's the only PVP anybody can find!

More serious, it's because so many people drive to extreme, opposite end of the spectrum stances that everybody just assumes it gets there.  There's only a few clear extremists who hijack threads, and then people feel the need to respond at the same intensity level.  Posts like "X seems a bit powerful, maybe dial it down 10% and see what happens" get drowned out in the "People are quitting because of this one thing despite the fact that the game is complicated"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, uaf said:

Latest few patches were all A > B, reverted to B, back to A, reverted to B. But.. clearly they won't change because you see the future.

Not sure why you are all crying about using tames. They are as support in this game, to make life easier. You can certainly play without any taming, nobody is forcing you to tame stuff or invest points in the skill tree that is for taming (which is in the game and yet you complain that they don't want tames?)

And complaining that "people quit because it's a tame game" 😄 really ? 🙂 Most I know of didn't even care about the tames. They cared that the flag system is broken, you cannot get land unless some other poor creature quits the game and other players can just spam flags with no upkeep for them, look at "top PVE companies" which are basically who can spam more flags. They cared that you could sink a galleon with a hatched. They cared that anchored ships could be sunk by weight glitch if you spent a night on another region, or even in front of your own base. They cared that resource distribution is broken (you can find all you need in the central regions without ever having to venture too far, unless you wanted to kill pinguins for oil). They cared about the fact that griefing is real but company want to "handle issues that cause the griefing". As if they can only do 1 thing at a time. They cared about bugs that made you pull your hair (falling through floors, tames flying to the sky, "shoot at ships only" option not working, discoveries bugged, map meshing, flame arrow OPness, etc). Cared about the laggy servers when 20+ people were on a single region, let alone a full 150 lag fest. Cared about disconnect issues, crashes, etc. Not one of them cared about having a tame or not.

Most of the people that play Atlas CAME from Ark. And if you think otherwise you are fooling yourself. Atlas is about ships. Nobody cares HOW you build the ships as long as you don't want to shoot yourself if you lose one. Easier to build ships = more PVP and happier people. Hard to build ships = people will run and get depressed when they lose it. Do try to remember it's a freaking game!

I can read from this you are a PvE player. The devs said themselves ‘we don’t want tames to be leading in this game, but more of a small helper.’ They made a patch that completely followed their sight on the game and within no time there were that many (mostly pve’ers) here that they reversed it and now buffed it even more. And no, I don’t have a choice not to since we need to keep up with the other mega companies. The devs are literally forcing us into something we (pvpers) didn’t want and also - what the devs themselved do not want. 

I’m not sure if the next paragraph is about me, if that is - there’s a lie in the first sentence so I wouldn’t bother reading the rest. 

And no, easier to build ships is not the solution. I’m pretty sure most PvPers (atleast on our company and ally companies, people hate it, so I can only talk for them). The fact a solo guy can make a completed gally within a day is nothing but ridiculous. And that is without the weekend multiplier. 

Remember the times when a Gally actually meant something rather than be just ‘one of that many’. I remember, just like I remember that the devs didn’t want tame dependence in the first place. I really thought they’d use crew for the gathering, but maybe (hopefully) we will see that in the future. 

And btw, before I forget - they have taken away ANY excitement about PvP. Lost your ship? Doesn’t matter, I just make a new one within a day from scratch. Not to mention, if you take planks from our base, you are done within a couple of hours if you take a couple of our thousands and thousands of planks/gunports laying around. Sieging is also that boring now, since you can keep building and keep sending ships over since your resources wouldn’t run out. Sea battles are completely dead, it completely changed the way fights were going down. Way more rambo and way less fun. 

If people want it, they can have it since I’ll move over to unofficial when I’m completey done on official. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Percieval said:

It is our own fault. When they added animal nerfs, there were dozens of players complaining about it. It is a shame, but we can’t do anything about it. I absolutely hate the fact that this is yet another fully tame dependant game. 

I’m forced to use tames to harvest now otherwise we will get behind with the other companies. I can’t wait when I’m completely done with official and move over to unofficial with actual tame nerfs. 

LOL. This actually made me laugh. 

Every unofficial server I've ever tried (although I admit I don't usually pick them at random), does not nerf tames, they boost them. Usually weight and health, sometimes attack also. You level them about 10 times, they are pretty OP, that is standard. 

Sure, you can make your own server, and nerf them all. You should do that as an experiment and see how many people you can get to play it.

Solo players tend to play the unofficials, so they want stuff boosted, since they are not playing in a group of 5 or more players, they need stuff boosted by about 5x, which is probably the average boost you find.

19 hours ago, Shintai said:

This is also one of the big reasons that Atlas is failing. If people want to play ARK they play ARK instead.

I would guess many of the Atlas players are former ARK players, I am.

I think Atlas is not doing as good as it could (I don't like the word failing, hell, it just was released), is that it needs to be more focused. If you are going to have a feature, it needs to be a good feature and work correctly.

Tames are in the game, doesn't seem like they are going anywhere, so they should work correctly. If you have a tame that is the best thatch harvester, it needs to be better than a person with a pick, and the giraffe just isn't worth all the trouble you go to get one.

The bear is one of the few that pays off. Anyone that needs to collect 30, 000 fiber to make some ships is going to want a bear, they are not going to want to do that with a sickle, and that tame makes total sense. If the bear was worse at getting fiber and it was the best tame at the job, that would drive people to quit the game. That would be just stupid to have a tame that gathers fiber, but takes longer than you can do it by hand.

People are going to use the tames that give them an advantage, but then they have all kinds of bugs that keep killing their tames. That is the sort of thing that makes people quit, not that the would rather play ARK. It is that they can have tames in ARK and they don't all end up dead to a cobra that attacks right through walls or spawns right inside the base.

Edited by wildbill

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

LOL. This actually made me laugh. 

Every unofficial server I've ever tried (although I admit I don't usually pick them at random), does not nerf tames, they boost them. Usually weight and health, sometimes attack also. You level them about 10 times, they are pretty OP, that is standard. 

Sure, you can make your own server, and nerf them all. You should do that as an experiment and see how many people you can get to play it.

Solo players tend to play the unofficials, so they want stuff boosted, since they are not playing in a group of 5 or more players, they need stuff boosted by about 5x, which is probably the average boost you find.

Right, yet we were talking about official and I was talking about big groups/small groups. And I never said I’d join a ‘random’ unofficial - we’ll get our own one without tame dependence. Right now we have about 80 people that could and would deliver their own server grid to our server. But then again, that will probably launch in a few months, if not longer. 

The amount of hate there was when it was 1x and they upped it to 2,5x in the weekends already. That was without any animal buff, because ships were being built too fast. Ironic. 

Edited by Percieval

8 hours ago, EvilNecroid said:

Because everyone wants what they want to happen, that's the problem here. Some want it  like ARK, some don't, some want want tames and breeding to be focused on, some don't.

People cry and complain saying the dev don't listen, but the problem is the community is so split on everything it's impossible for them to please everyone. This thread is a perfect example, the community is all over the place, but they expect the devs to do as they say and threaten and us number as in someways of blackmail to get what they want.

From what i've seen,

This game will die if they do focus on breeding or if they don't focus on it,

This game will die if they do focus on tames or if they don't focus on them

The game will die if they do focus on solo/ smalls groups or if they don't focus on them

Damned if they do, damned if they don't situation right now imho

• Like 3

It is impossible for anyone to say with any certainty why Atlas is doing poorly. If anyone has any peer reviewed survey of players who have quit I have yet to hear of it. Failing meaningful data my best guess is Atlas is doing poorly for a combination of reasons: unpopularity of design choices in claiming system, unpopularity of aging mechanic and the perception (off base imo) that FOY runs are forced and unfun, steep difficulty curve with regards to number and power of wild animals, SOTD, storms etc, and so on and so on. Everyone likes to claim that the thing they personally dislike is the reason the game is doing poorly. I think as has already been stated it is more complicated than that, and at most the thing they dislike is one of a number of factors.

Unless you are like Realist who posts here purportedly only to warn others about the evils of GrapeCard, then you are here because you play the game. If you play, then you must be enjoying it to some degree and you shouldn’t want it to fail if only so that you can continue to play and enjoy it. There is likewise nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade and acknowledging that the game has flaws and needs a great deal of work to attract back players who have left. This is not only a complicated process but will take time. The best way you can contribute to the process is to not only offer your views in a clear, calm manner, but to also offer as much insight as you can on why you think so. 

Given that beast mastery is a profession I doubt tames are going anywhere but since the community clearly seems divided about them, the best design choice imo would be to work to make them useful but not required. To me the approach that makes the best sense to achieve this is to make crew on par with tames for combat and gathering. Perhaps tames could retain greater overall carry capacity while crew could have greater ability to passive farm.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:57 AM, EvilNecroid said:

so i saw in the patch notes that devs seem to be making tames an even more of a must have thing.

i dont care that people want tames, my problem is that they seem to be making it so u cant live without them and i dont want to be forced to use the damn things

One of Atlas's selling points is taming. They are holding true to having tames implemented. I come from a very large community of players who adore having features such as taming available to us as a play choice. Without taming, I would most likely NOT be playing this game. I am very glad to see taming being supported and getting enhanced. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 6:57 AM, EvilNecroid said:

so i saw in the patch notes that devs seem to be making tames an even more of a must have thing.

i dont care that people want tames, my problem is that they seem to be making it so u cant live without them and i dont want to be forced to use the damn things

You aren't forced to use them, although not using them is less efficient. That said, while I like tames I do think the NPC crews could use some serious work on every level. Considering how bloody expensive they are to keep around, I would like to get more utility out of them. 

• Like 1

Another thing to remember is that the tables could easily be turned around and posed differently. I do not enjoy the sailing nor the cannon fights however I am forced to spec for these aspects as they are a "must-have" feature. 

("don't care that people want cannons & ships, my problem is that they seem to be making it so u can't live without them and I don't want to be forced to use the damn things.")

See how the tables could be turned around?

Edited by vaylain