Sign in to follow this  
EvilNecroid

this is not ark

so i saw in the patch notes that devs seem to be making tames an even more of a must have thing.

i dont care that people want tames, my problem is that they seem to be making it so u cant live without them and i dont want to be forced to use the damn things

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, EvilNecroid said:

so i saw in the patch notes that devs seem to be making tames an even more of a must have thing.

i dont care that people want tames, my problem is that they seem to be making it so u cant live without them and i dont want to be forced to use the damn things

This is also one of the big reasons that Atlas is failing. If people want to play ARK they play ARK instead.

• Like 2

we need the devs to start changing the crew , as i was under the impression they would be used for farming / fighting / etc , would it not make mroe sense , 

maybe we assign skills to them when we rescue/ buy them  i.e crew memebr 1 is resource farmer so he has incresed carry weight , crew 2 is fighter so he has incresed hp / mellee damage , crew 3 is repairer so has increased repair speed  etc etc etc , 

we can maybe go out with the gather crew and they auto gather trees rocks etc they maybe gather from the same things we hit using the attack my target command?

as u say this isnt ark and the devs need to move away from tames and use crew ...

tames= ark 

crew = atlas 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 6

Ive never played Ark. Never even heard of it till I started playing Atlas. And while I like tames (we have several) - I would much prefer that crews earned their keep. A large number of crews are land based as the captain does not go to sea all the time. Dismissing them, while cheaper results in having to rehire crew when its needed. If they had land based work todo the maybe the cost of hiring them could be better justified.

• Like 2

For the love of everything that is good in life, don't give me fucking crew instead of tames.  "If you want tames go play Ark".. If you don't want tames go play Barbie Island Adventure, see what I did there?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, EvilNecroid said:

It was well known you will have tames in this game even before release. What are u complaining about now? 

I am not anti tame. I played a lot of Ark even though I’m not someone who gets jazzed up about dinosaurs. It is worth pointing out that although the developers said there would be tames in Atlas before release, they also went out of their way to say tames would not be the focus. I think the Op is saying he feels the recent changes are making them too much of a focus.

Personally I would like to see Atlas be more crew focused than tames. This is after all a pirate themed game. I think that the best design choice is to make both crew and tames equally useful for gathering and combat, leaving players the ability to choose which they prefer for aesthetic or thematic reasons without feeling they are forced into one or the other. The fact crew can fill more roles onboard ship would justify their additional cost in gold.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

They should buff crews then, not nerf animals. MMO with lots of different routes of progression is a good thing.

• Like 2

Tames are 100% focus. If you don't use them you are doing something wrong.

There is technically not a single thing the human player is better to than tames. And that is the core of the issue.

Let´s face the fact, this game is going down the drain fast because it haven´t offered anything yet that ARK can´t do besides ships.

With this pace nobody will talk about Atlas in half a year because everyone besides the most stubborn have moved on. And at the same time ARK will field 40000 peaks.

Edited by Shintai
  • Like 1

Just now, Axden1 said:

They should buff crews then, not nerf animals. MMO with lots of different routes of progression is a good thing.

Agreed. I think a focus of developer effort should at some point be improving crew AI and expanding their functionality. It doesn’t necessarily have to be next week, because I think there are more pressing issues, but it’s something that should be on the to do list for fleshing out the game over time.

2 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Tames are 100% focus. If you don't use them you are doing something wrong.

There is technically not a single thing the human player is better to than tames. And that is the core of the issue.

Well, except for manning ships. My elephant can trim sails okay using his trunk, and he does work for peanuts, but my rhino can’t aim a cannon for @#$&. 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shintai said:

This is also one of the big reasons that Atlas is failing. If people want to play ARK they play ARK instead.

Show us where you came up with that nonsense.

PvP is one of the big reasons Atlas is failing. If people wanted to PvP they would play PUBG instead.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Show us where you came up with that nonsense.

PvP is one of the big reasons Atlas is failing. If people wanted to PvP they would play PUBG instead.

You can look at ARK and Atlas numbers.

2 minutes ago, Shintai said:

You can look at ARK and Atlas numbers.

Maybe people quit because they don't want to be a pirate and only want to tame animals?

Seriously, theres tons of posts about bugs and griefing and people quitting. I do not recall ever seeing a post anywhere from someone saying they were quitting because of the animals. LOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bryan said:

Maybe people quit because they don't want to be a pirate and only want to tame animals?

Seriously, theres tons of posts about bugs and griefing and people quitting. I do not recall ever seeing a post anywhere from someone saying they were quitting because of the animals. LOL.

Because the forum only contains the vocal minority. 80%+ of my company left because they thought the human player actually mattered this time around. And I know it´s the same with the neighbours and others around. Instead all they got was go tame a zoo and ride a bear.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Because the forum only contains the vocal minority. 80%+ of my company left because they thought the human player actually mattered this time around. And I know it´s the same with the neighbours and others around. Instead all they got was go tame a zoo and ride a bear.

The players are the reason animals are where they are today. Not the devs. If it were up to the devs, we would be doing everything by hand. Seriously. We will need to go back to the early days of the game for new people to understand this.

Animals were suppose to only serve a secondary support role in harvesting. GS has stated multiple times that Ark was the taming game and Atlas was the conquest pirate game. The bad thing is the vast majority of people do not read Twitter or the forums and did not know they were suppose to do it by hand, so they all jumped on an elephant and went to town.... and BITCHED. OMFG!! THIS THING SUCKS!!!

Now we are here today with animals being the primary source of harvesting.

Sounds to me like people want animals. Does not sound to me like people are quitting by the tons because of them. If anything, people quit because they were not better. I myself know of companies who went unofficial 100% because building on official sucked.

Have you ever checked outside this forum with a tiny amount of people on it? We cant even get bug votes above 100.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/3247562523080284448/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/3247562523079584235/

Just examples from the first Steam forum page.

But again, let´s for all sake continue. Then we can enjoy 5000 peaks in summertime and the talk about server closure.

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/834910,346110#3m

Edited by Shintai

Ah, a doomsayer. Sorry, I did not recognize you. I will no longer contribute to this thread. Not wasting my time. Good luck on your travels.

-EDIT-

The last patch shows that the devs are not only listening, but that they will make vast changes in an attempt to make things better. Considering this is Early Access and that these devs actually care and produce steady updates, I am happy with it. If you want to holler doom and gloom because of animals, go ahead.

Edited by Bryan

It is our own fault. When they added animal nerfs, there were dozens of players complaining about it. It is a shame, but we can’t do anything about it. I absolutely hate the fact that this is yet another fully tame dependant game. 

I’m forced to use tames to harvest now otherwise we will get behind with the other companies. I can’t wait when I’m completely done with official and move over to unofficial with actual tame nerfs. 

NO! Is ARK with Pirates! Haven't you noticed?

I'm enjoying this game so f_cking hard!

PS: I only have 2 bears and 1 wolf and most of the time i'm doing pirate things.

Pretty sure Hyperbole is what's killing this game...

I do want crew buffed, doesn't require tames to be nerfed.  Give me a crew boss skill tree etc.  Also, if they let crew do stuff completely autonomously (gathering etc.) at a lower rate than tames, it provides a complimentary option.  Go crew if you want slow reliable progress without much hassle, go Tames if you want bursty gathering where you get a lot very quickly but you have to be involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trqfreak350 said:

2 years in the making guys, 2 years in the making.

Doesn’t matter. They won’t change this since the last time they did it, their forums were filled people that evidently, want another ARK with full tame dependence. It won’t go back to the point as it should be. 

And this isn’t the way they wanted it. they wanted tames to be something you ‘could’ do. Not something you ‘need’ to. Fun thing is that unofficial servers will be more of what they want it to be than the official servers. 

Edited by Percieval

Nobody is forcing you to use tames. You can gather without them, and to be honest I find them a pain in the ass sometimes to use for gathering. Everyone has their own reasons for leaving the game....griefing, sinking of ships, tames, claiming, etc. It's not all about the animals. And as this game started out as an Ark expansion, you would think that it would be very similar in some ways. I myself like having the tames. I don't tame a lot...only what I need. Without them I would gather less, take more time to build ships, and have less to do in a game that could already use a little more content.

The recent update helped tweak things that are a part of the game. They are things that mostly needed to be addressed, but personally I wish they would focus more on fixing the claim system and making it so there is always a small piece of land available for everyone, without having to sail for days in hopes of finding it.

Have no fear, they are not making it so that you can't live without tames. But certain things did need to be adjusted.

47 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Doesn’t matter. They won’t change this since the last time they did it, their forums were filled people that evidently, want another ARK with full tame dependence. It won’t go back to the point as it should be. 

And this isn’t the way they wanted it. they wanted tames to be something you ‘could’ do. Not something you ‘need’ to. Fun thing is that unofficial servers will be more of what they want it to be than the official servers. 

well with that attitude just stop playing, negativity only breeds negativity. again 2 years in the making, come back in 18 months and see if it's how you want to play.

2 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

well with that attitude just stop playing, negativity only breeds negativity. again 2 years in the making, come back in 18 months and see if it's how you want to play.

Lol. You read what I said? It won’t change, so I can leave now and come back in 2 years, it would still be the same. So I rather keep playing can’t I? And if you can’t handle the negativity, you shouldn’t be on the official discussion forums lol.