Goha

Target enemy in naval battle

Is there way to specify particular enemy for NPC crew to attack?

I approach several enemy ships which are close to each other, how to explain to NPC crew wich one to attack?

this will allow you manually make target for one shot of selected cannons. How about "specify target for NPC crew" to use then with auto fire "V" ?

Edited by Goha

In atlas movies (strams) I've seen that ppl did soemthing and then white raget icon appear on taraget boat and NPC start shooting at it. What was that?

I have really hard time trying to make make team shooting at enemies (Solo PVE mode). Pain in the A when fighting whales - crew wont auto fire (rarely sometimes it does). 

So, how can I explain to my crew on canons/balistas what they shout be shooting at?

Aim with Right Click, Press V? Afaik they shoot the Target when in Range/Sight

Unfortunately, they dont shoot ALWAYS. somtimes - yes. 

For ship of the damned ~50% chance

for whales it is really problem - always never. 

Ships are really easy to kill, this isnt a problem. 

Whales are real problem: crew won't auto shoot them. And manual targeting is super buggy and works really bad, you can shoot out hundreds of bolts with zero results - I mean playing solo and shooting via npc crew using left and right mouse. 

Using "V" is much-much more effective. But they wont shoot at whales, except for spme rare times. 

Question: how to force crew shooting to particular whale in auto mode (with V command). Just click V does not works usually. Mouse click with V makes no sence and does nothing else but usual mouse click and separate click  V.  How?

Edited by Goha

I've figured the answer:

1 Put crew on "C" (optional)

2 Choose battle station(s) that you want to assign on this target (unselected groups will not recieve the target)

3 Right click and hold right button pressed

KYmqR5cjJP

4 hower over desired enemy - release right button. Upon release targeting icon will appear on enemy (for short time) and also targeting icon will appear on selected battle station(s). 

jYKJumpeZf

5 Do not click "V" after all, as V will switch selected battle station(s) to regime similar to "aggro" and therefore remove  chosen targeting.

6 you can choose defferent targets for different cannon groups. Or you can assign all/several groups on the same target.

Edited by Goha