vvs242

Two months of the game went to the bottom of the ocean for 5 minutes.

I'm playing on [EU PVE] The Siren's Call server. The whole 2 months I was gathering recources and build a Galleon. Finally built. The first thing I decided to take the metal from the neighboring island. I sailed to the island and anchored. It was late and I went to sleep. Waking up in the morning I saw that my Galleon drowned. And gamer with nick "?? ??????" is demolishing planks and drags resources to a house nearby. What for I was building the ship for two months? To swim to a nearby island? Why should I play farther? Two months of the game went to the bottom of the ocean for 5 minutes.

Log says: - "Your galleon (TAPAH) was destroyed"

Edited by vvs242

Ship of the Damned will no longer physically damage a team's structures and anchored boats unless they have been specifically damaged by that target. PvE servers only

so i doubt it was sunk by another player using sotd , something maybe hitting the bottom of the ship that u didn't notice when you anchored up fo the night ,

33 minutes ago, vvs242 said:

What is - "sotd" ?

It's deep enough. The ship's hull is completely underwater.

tyhey may have been something underneath u didnt spot,

the only other reason i can think of is that there may be a new exploit again 😞 if thats the case then we will no doubt see more reports of ships sinking for no reason 

You probably got weight glitched, people always find new ways to weight glitch ships.

3 hours ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

2 Months for a Galleon, you are doing something wrong.

No kidding wth? Try using tames or even picks and hatchets at least.

25 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

No kidding wth? Try using tames or even picks and hatchets at least.

wrong game best to be playing unofficial with that time on your own home based server.

SoDs even tho don't target anchored ships, they will fire at something that damaged them and is behind that ship, 300% dmg reduction surely slowed down punching thro those 12k planks, but with enough dedication they could just lure SoD and get it stuck on the shore, then keep punching it to grab agro and hidding behind galleon for the cannon balls to hit it.

33 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

SoDs even tho don't target anchored ships, they will fire at something that damaged them and is behind that ship, 300% dmg reduction surely slowed down punching thro those 12k planks, but with enough dedication they could just lure SoD and get it stuck on the shore, then keep punching it to grab agro and hidding behind galleon for the cannon balls to hit it.

That should be solved in the latest patch. Pitty you can see what was the cause of sinking. Log should show that info, sunk by sod, sunk by weight limit, sunk by bottom etc....

It takes me 4 hours to solo build a brig on 2x with normal pick and hatchet, no tames. Around 6-8 hours to solo build a galleon.

The math does not add up. I don't care how much of a casual player you are, it should not take 2 months to build a galleon. I believe you are stretching those numbers for the sake of drama. That takes away from the actual content of your post, the fact that your ship was sunk and you have no idea why. A lot of people will ignore this post for that fact.

No, seriously, what for do you want a galleon or a brig if you play alone? 

I'm a solo player too, but, for me is enough a sloop or schooner.

If you build a galleon or brig, you must be aware about the risk having and sailing those ships alone, it's to much effort, time and resources to lose if you're sailing SOLO.

Edited by JotaCe

7 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

The latest patch was supposed to make it so that SOTD do 0 damage to  anchored ships that haven't hit them.  They'll still fire but it should cause no effect.

The Anchored 300% structure bonus strikes me more as a PVP thing, to at least slow down offlining.

1 hour ago, JotaCe said:

No, seriously, what for do you want a galleon or a brig if you play alone? 

I'm a solo player too, but, for me is enough a sloop or schooner.

If you build a galleon or brig, you must be aware about the risk having and sailing those ships alone, it's to much effort, time and resources to lose if you're sailing SOLO.

I'm a solo player and won't sail in anything less than a brig. The other ships can't carry the weight, or have the firepower of a brig. Now with the reduced cost of crew, I'm gonna be launching my Galleon soon. I may just run with 24 - 30 guns to keep costs down, but it can be done rather easily....just gotta pick your battles. The smaller boats I use mainly for crew transport or fast travel beds on my outposts around the map.

As for the OP, sorry you lost the galleon...hope you figure out what happened because there is a lot of work that goes into building one. Next time, maybe gather mats with a sloop or schooner for short trips. Just use the bigger boats for longer trips/bigger hauls.

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

It takes me 4 hours to solo build a brig on 2x with normal pick and hatchet, no tames. Around 6-8 hours to solo build a galleon.

The math does not add up. I don't care how much of a casual player you are, it should not take 2 months to build a galleon. I believe you are stretching those numbers for the sake of drama. That takes away from the actual content of your post, the fact that your ship was sunk and you have no idea why. A lot of people will ignore this post for that fact.

The math is what you’re lashing about? Maybe you’d ignore it. It could be sarcasm, a form of expression or maybe he wasn’t continulously building his ship. I have no idea why you’d make such a post, but you’ve done it before. I do find it ironic that you lash out to me because I ‘wasn’t on topic’ and now you do the same. 

44 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The math is what you’re lashing about? Maybe you’d ignore it. It could be sarcasm, a form of expression or maybe he wasn’t continulously building his ship. I have no idea why you’d make such a post, but you’ve done it before. I do find it ironic that you lash out to me because I ‘wasn’t on topic’ and now you do the same. 

Huh? My post explained exactly what I meant. Why do you feel you must troll?

I pointed out that him saying it took two months took away from the actual content, the fact he lost it. You even quoted me. LOL.

Trolls gonna troll I guess.

Edited by Bryan

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Huh? My post explained exactly what I meant. Why do you feel you must troll?

I pointed out that him saying it took two months took away from the actual content, the fact he lost it. You even quoted me. LOL.

Trolls gonna troll I guess.

Read again what I said. 

3 hours ago, Greyleaf said:

I'm a solo player and won't sail in anything less than a brig. The other ships can't carry the weight, or have the firepower of a brig. Now with the reduced cost of crew, I'm gonna be launching my Galleon soon. I may just run with 24 - 30 guns to keep costs down, but it can be done rather easily....just gotta pick your battles. The smaller boats I use mainly for crew transport or fast travel beds on my outposts around the map.

As for the OP, sorry you lost the galleon...hope you figure out what happened because there is a lot of work that goes into building one. Next time, maybe gather mats with a sloop or schooner for short trips. Just use the bigger boats for longer trips/bigger hauls.

If you are solo I recommend a bunch of points in accommodation (about 15, can't remember exactly sry), I have a 56 crew Gally and pay 200ish Gold per 24hrs, makes running a galleon bearable solo 

• Like 1