Sign in to follow this  
bitemyass

skill points

ok, the patch notes say: Players now have approximately 20% more skill points per level.  which (if i use common, logical math) should come out to an extra 71 skill points for a lvl 52 char.  that's given that you get 7 sp per lvl and start at lvl 2.  the problem is that all i got after the patch is 24 points.  did i use the wrong type of math? should i use a new form that wildcard/grapeshot made up? is this just a glitch? any actual info would be appreciated.

Oh read it wrong. The total skill points available when you’re level 52 is 259. 

259 : 5 = approx 52 more skillpoints. Still doesn’t come close to your 20. 

Edited by Percieval

Why does this sound like an SAT word problem? 

If Johnny is level 52 and earned 24 skill points per level to that point, and a game patch says it will give him 20% more points, calculate how many points Johnny should have after the patch assuming that:

A) The developers weren't drunk when they coded the patch.

B) Johnny wasn't drunk reading the patch notes.

C) Thinking about math when I'm gaming doesn't make me wish I were drunk.

• Like 1

Lol they should just drastically lower the amount of skill points you can get overall. That way Johnny will need to trade, or team up with people Johnny doesn’t know/ like in order for Johnny to get that rihno he really wants. 

Just my opinion. 

57 lvl. Got 24 extra as well.

Maybe they recalculated it in the way when additional 20% goes from lvl where you got at least 5 points? (because 5 + 20% is 6 and if there 4 so that will be 4.8 points and no addition by patch?)

11 hours ago, bitemyass said:

did i use the wrong type of math? should i use a new form that wildcard/grapeshot made up?

lel