Jump to content

Calthaza

Needs foundation support

Recommended Posts

So, I was trying to fill in the open spots of my upper bow deck on the Galleon, but on all these spots i get the message: "Requires Nearby Foundation Support"

6323b3764d.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here.... 

Couldn't place any structure in front of the Galleon , after releasing the Galleon , i was able to place a a few things , had to re log and now i cant place any more structures ...

20190219230814_1.thumb.jpg.d59767e2ae91b31821a367740584465e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the same issue. They only way i resolved this is to destroy everything to the deck and rebuild it. But after a while the problem comes back.

It also only occurs on the galleon.

Edited by Cocaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use the key to flip the placement orientation ('Q' key). I came across same issue few days ago and this helped me finish mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, krphilabaum said:

Use the key to flip the placement orientation ('Q' key). I came across same issue few days ago and this helped me finish mine.

Did not work for me. i still have the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, same for me.

Seems to be more the front end of the Galleon. Cant place anything. Using Q and a lot of moving around eventually got to place the remaining ceilings but cant do anything else keeps saying I need support??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had this bug a few times now and have not completely narrowed it down. However, I'm pretty sure it's linked to some of the structures placed on the ship, most likely the resource chest because of its link to the parts of the ship. Try demolishing some of the key building structures like the smithy etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, DeDuffman said:

I've had this bug a few times now and have not completely narrowed it down. However, I'm pretty sure it's linked to some of the structures placed on the ship, most likely the resource chest because of its link to the parts of the ship. Try demolishing some of the key building structures like the smithy etc.

I had this problem again... after demolishing my resource chest it didn't fix it   UNTIL    I made a new resource chest. After the new chest was placed I was able to build as needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also having this problem.  I am rebuilding the back of my galleon after taking a mean whale hit or 3 that destroyed a lot of stuff.  I destroyed everything under deck except I made some large boxes to transfer the resources to.  I cannot place the triangles on the top edge.  Prior to demo'ing everything, I had a section that survived, so where where there were triangles, when I destroyed them, I could not rebuild them.  I have also tried moving around and hitting "q" repeatedly, but nothing is working.  I have also killed myself and relogged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, Bierbitte77 said:

I am also having this problem.  I am rebuilding the back of my galleon after taking a mean whale hit or 3 that destroyed a lot of stuff.  I destroyed everything under deck except I made some large boxes to transfer the resources to.  I cannot place the triangles on the top edge.  Prior to demo'ing everything, I had a section that survived, so where where there were triangles, when I destroyed them, I could not rebuild them.  I have also tried moving around and hitting "q" repeatedly, but nothing is working.  I have also killed myself and relogged. 

exact same issue here, its demotivating, and ripping off all my top deck cannons to rebuild entire back, its not really a satisfying option

foundation suppoort on a ship, that cant have foundations? 😄 absurd bug, please get this fixed asap - thanks

and can we at least have a response, if that bug is on someonces list to fix

have a nice one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, this is still an ongoing issue. I would love a dev to weigh in on this, at least to acknowledge they're aware of the issue and have plans to address it in the future. Completely rebuilding your galleon isn't a reasonable option, and replacing the resource chest doesn't appear to fix this issue for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On our radar, appreciate the reports folks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Issue is still happening, only on galleons front end with the cutout deck, going to try with the filled in deck and see if that helps. 

Edit** 

 

filled in deck had no problems at all.

Edited by lloyd5867

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×