Sign in to follow this  
strawman

Bear HP nerf feels closer to 33%

1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

Bears arent needed for treasure.  More than half the maps bears cant get to anyway.   We just bring grenades, it's way less hassle.

Ya, I don't usually do the maps the bears can't get to. Grenades are more of a middle game item. I'm playing the private servers, many of them don't pan out or get wiped because of some game bug. I only make it to where I'm making grenades on half the servers I'm on. I can do way more treasure maps with a bear and have more fun than the few where I have to climb ups some slope and use a grenade.

For the bear haters, how about we fix the other tames so they are more useful than bears, and then players will use something other than a bear?

This is ARK with ships, tames should be useful.

Let's not make this into the Dark and Light DLC that was recently added where they removed all fliers and made the game better played with no tames at all. We all know how successful that was.

7 minutes ago, wildbill said:

For the bear haters, how about we fix the other tames so they are more useful than bears, and then players will use something other than a bear?

This is ARK with ships, tames should be useful.

Let's not make this into the Dark and Light DLC that was recently added where they removed all fliers and made the game better played with no tames at all. We all know how successful that was.

My only comment is that bears should be t3, they merit it based on their current power.

Also, the tame that needs the MOST help is the crewmember.  

1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

My only comment is that bears should be t3, they merit it based on their current power.

Also, the tame that needs the MOST help is the crewmember.  

Yes about the crew member. I think they will add more functionality to it, and it will be a welcome addition to the game.

In other similar games, the bear has never been top tier. Making it that here would just keep it from being used.

It only seems like t3 because all the t3 tames are mostly not worth the skill points needed to be able to tame them.

Fix all the other tames and the bear will just seem like a normal tame like the rest should be.

8 hours ago, TheCoolGuy said:

they are OP as fuck. "cant swim well" ??? wtf almost no tame can swim well, all suck at water. no argument here. "they cant jump" who cares jumping is not important really.

the dmg is very high, the hp is very high, their speed is not bad, the weight is high. one word: OP!  (for a tier 2)

it needs another nerf and thats a weight nerf. fiber weights nothing so it wouldnt ruin the bear at all.

and buff bulls please, they need more health and a little bit more dmg.

Again, I don't disagree with you that bears are good. . .

And no, they are shit in the water. Giraffes and ele's beat them, and birds turn on a dime, so both are better for jumping in the water and playing chicken with a shark or harvesting fish (I hear the tiger turns on a dime too so he's a good fisher as well - the best is annoying in this role in comparison).

The damage is decent - less then a rhino and far less then a tiger, about ele/giraffe but they have huge knockback the bear lacks.

Their health is decent but not huge, less then rhino or elephant, bit less the giraffe, bit more then horse.

Their weight is decent but not great, about that of a horse, bit more then a bird, about the same as a rhino (who's shit for a T3 tame) and far less then the 2+k from giraffe or elephant.

The lack of a jump is a HUGE negative for map hunting, mobility and escape. Bear needs flat land to fight on without broken cliffs it can't go up. Elephants, rhinos and giraffes can climb those with their long legs and birds horses can jump them.

They're a good all around pet and great T2 pet and pretty easy to tame, but they are not OP OP OP NERF OP NERF like people say. If you say that, go ride other animals, hit something for 400 with a rhino and shut up about uber leet dmg for instance.

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

Ok, say you "fix" the bear.

You make the bear so it is not good to do treasure hunt, what other tame would you bring? I'm guessing you think no tame should be needed. Way funner to bring a tame, but make that a pain and no fun by "fixing" the bear. It is good for treasure hunts because it is tough and can carry the weight of the gold.

Oh, the bear carries so much, lets break that, so now what would we use, nothing? Maybe the horse? The horse steering is so derpy, I prefer the bear and the bear will defend itself and me when I'm out gathering, the horse is not nearly as good at it. So then what would we use for carrying stuff around? The horse is a pain to tame, way easier to tame a bear.

Yup, the bear is broke, too easy to tame, lets break that too. Make it like the elephant or giraffe where you get killed about 10 times before you usually find the sweet spot where it doesn't kill you.

There, you have "fixed" it. (Like it was ever broke, it just works, so lets break it to be like all the rest of the tames.)

Yeah, if for thou the fact that bear doing everything is not balance breaking means nothing only tells us there's no point further trying to explain why is that no fun to have a jack-of-all-trades master-of-all afk-RMB-farming-machine, please enlighten us with thy glorious skill while sitting on a lvl 1 bear and clearing masterwork map by standing still and pressing RMB, the APM must be in thousands.

1 hour ago, Nightstrasza said:

Yeah, if for thou the fact that bear doing everything is not balance breaking means nothing only tells us there's no point further trying to explain why is that no fun to have a jack-of-all-trades master-of-all afk-RMB-farming-machine, please enlighten us with thy glorious skill while sitting on a lvl 1 bear and clearing masterwork map by standing still and pressing RMB, the APM must be in thousands.

Yup, my skills are not great, which is why I bring the bear on treasure hunts and skip all the ones it can't reach. 

This game isn't just for the hard core elite gamers, us casual players like it too. Looks a lot like Grapeshot Games is also realizing that you can't make a game that just appeals to the hard core gamer.

4 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

Because Mace guy can kill you while you on bear .

There are time when you need to cross steep hill and jump over rock to get to the treasure , hence giraffe / tiger may be the better choice .

On 2/17/2019 at 6:30 PM, kampfer91 said:

Because Mace guy can kill you while you on bear .

There are time when you need to cross steep hill and jump over rock to get to the treasure , hence giraffe / tiger may be the better choice .

Chocobos are fast tames, cheap tames, can solo maps and can go in a straight line and into tiny places and up steep hills thanks to their high jump.

Bringa bo and a horse or giraffe for fast carry (or even a cow if you lack other carries) and you can get everything around.