Sign in to follow this  
strawman

Bear HP nerf feels closer to 33%

Had one that I remembered that went from like 640 to 500. However damage up 20%, resistance up 30%. Only got better.

The 176 alpha tiger today seemed like an easy kill.

Edited by Shintai

Yea, it's an overall buff. It would be wiser to not bring more attention to bears as they are in a good place.

1 hour ago, Axden1 said:

Yea, it's an overall buff. It would be wiser to not bring more attention to bears as they are in a good place.

Bears were and are now even more OP.

They need to reduce their weight, nerf HP/resistance and damage. It is supposed to be a [Tier 2] supplemental fiber gatherer is it not? Then why does it outperform every single Apex tame? As well as the same stats as a T3? (Because they nerfed Apex into near non-existence)

Keep in mind I'm saying this as a Tundra dweller where I have plenty of incentives to be bias in favor of Bears.

• Haha 1

Bears are good. 

I suppose if you don't like tames being used in game you will want them nerfed until no one uses them. 

16 minutes ago, Nari said:

They need to reduce their weight, nerf HP/resistance and damage. It is supposed to be a [Tier 2] supplemental fiber gatherer is it not? Then why does it outperform every single Apex tame? As well as the same stats as a T3? (Because they nerfed Apex into near non-existence)

Keep in mind I'm saying this as a Tundra dweller where I have plenty of incentives to be bias in favor of Bears.

Bears aren't particularly fast (until they run in a straight line for a while), they can't jump, they don't swim very well, they turn shit in water, they have no k/b, they're outdamaged by T3 tames, they have good HP but aren't insane, they have decent damage, they provide no mount buff (chocobo buff v heat, wolf buff v cold).

I'd hardly call them OP. Great tames for the work you take getting them, but not OP.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nari said:

Or just up them to t3 and add a t2 fiber tame as part of the new creatures.  Bears qualify to t3 as they do compete with all t3s

5 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I suppose if you don't like tames being used in game you will want them nerfed until no one uses them. 

Taming and pure Breeding is my go-to gameplay. Until T3 breeding is implemented they need to either buff Apex back to an acceptable state (Which wont happen because too many people complain about their precious bears and chickens dying due to unrelated issues) or just nerf the Bear. It is arguably the best multipurpose tame in the game.

Edited by Nari

7 minutes ago, Nari said:

Taming and pure Breeding is my go-to gameplay. Until T3 breeding is implemented they need to either buff Apex back to an acceptable state (Which wont happen because too many people complain about their precious bears and chickens dying due to unrelated issues) or just nerf the Bear. It is arguably the best multipurpose tame in the game.

Yes, the bear is the first or second tame I get. The other is a horse. 

The bear for me is the best because it harvests fiber. It is also good for treasure hunts. 

Honestly the game would suck for me if the bear is nerfed or removed. 

Could be the one thing that would make me quit.

So until the game is significantly improved, please leave the bear alone. 

• Like 1

If I had to play the whole game with only 1 tame it would still be the bear, and I dont even need to really weigh other options.

Agreed. Make bear tier 3.

I would be bothered if they didn’t add tier 2 fiber tame tbh. Most of the resource gathering mounts are tier 3 anyways. The bear is pretty op as it is . You can tank high level treasure maps with it, it’s fast, it’s strong, it carries a lot and has high HP even after the patch. I’m able to clear out yetis easily with it and tank alphas no problem. The only real counter to a player mounted on a bear is distance and lions. 

To add to all this you can use it to raid. 

I would however like if they changed the need to learn taming in order to ride creatures. I’d like it if someone in my company could tame things and everyone else just needs to learn riding without the need to learn taming aswell. 

2 hours ago, Archsenex said:

Or just up them to t3 and add a t2 fiber tame as part of the new creatures.  Bears qualify to t3 as they do compete with all t3s

Riding should be an offshoot tree where you JUST learn riding, similar to how you can use upgraded gear without needing all the other skills in a tree.  It shouldn't take no points, but it should be more like using upgraded tools etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wildbill said:

Bears are good. 

Sorry if want meele, archery and guns to be usefull, right now, just bear this, bear that, bear everything, in terms of combat?, just use bear, no skills are needed, just spec cheap into tier 2 riding, have someone in company to tame the bear and enjoy a lvl 250 alpha yeti hunting machine bcs everything gets knockback locked from the bear and for no durability cost just spam RMB, other than alpha lion that dismounts, there is no non-mythical creature that stands a chance, we don't even have to worry about our life bcs tame takes dmg first and they rapid regen as if we stuffed herbs up the ass of it. Also why do even tools exist in this game if we can just have tames do everything better than even a mythical tool.

• Like 1

Bear lose to a tiger in a straight fight with both rider is on . They also can't protect you from lion grabbing attack .

But yes , bear should be tier 3 .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, gadefence said:

Bears aren't particularly fast (until they run in a straight line for a while), they can't jump, they don't swim very well, they turn shit in water, they have no k/b, they're outdamaged by T3 tames, they have good HP but aren't insane, they have decent damage, they provide no mount buff (chocobo buff v heat, wolf buff v cold).

I'd hardly call them OP. Great tames for the work you take getting them, but not OP.

they are OP as fuck. "cant swim well" ??? wtf almost no tame can swim well, all suck at water. no argument here. "they cant jump" who cares jumping is not important really.

the dmg is very high, the hp is very high, their speed is not bad, the weight is high. one word: OP!  (for a tier 2)

it needs another nerf and thats a weight nerf. fiber weights nothing so it wouldnt ruin the bear at all.

and buff bulls please, they need more health and a little bit more dmg.

Yep, bear is OP as hell. Best single tame without any competition. It can do anything really. Fiber, thatch, wood, berries kill, carry, stamina, omnivore.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wildbill said:

Yes, the bear is the first or second tame I get. Honestly the game would suck for me if the bear is nerfed or removed. 

That's not a red flag to you? Clearly something is seriously wrong if a T2 tame is the difference between playing and rage quitting for you.

Edited by Nari

6 minutes ago, Nari said:

That's not a red flag to you? Cleary something is seriously wrong if a T2 tame is the difference between playing and rage quitting for you.

Yes, lots is wrong with the game. At this point they need to start fixing a few of those things and stop removing or nerfing what is not broke. Nothing wrong with the bear, leave it alone. Plenty of stuff wrong. Why pick on something that people use because it works well?

The biggest problem with tames is there is no way to keep them safe that really works well. The bear is strong enough it can defend itself and other tames you have, so people sometimes just leave it on the ground next to a building. They may tether it to another tame (on follow) so it doesn't get aggro'd too far away. If you manage to get your tames up and in a safe spot, they tend to just fall through the floor and get stuck in stuff. What a pain.

12 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Yes, lots is wrong with the game. At this point they need to start fixing a few of those things and stop removing or nerfing what is not broke. Nothing wrong with the bear, leave it alone. Plenty of stuff wrong. Why pick on something that people use because it works well?

Because the issues you're referring to will take [a lot of] time. You do realize that's why they're buffing and nerfing everything right? These patches are band-aids for the meantime. There was nothing wrong with Apex and Alphas (except maybe the spawn rate of alphas at launch).

There is now plenty wrong with the bear so use another band-aid.

Edited by Nari

25 minutes ago, Nari said:

Because the issues you're referring to will take [a lot of] time. You do realize that's why they're buffing and nerfing everything right? These patches are band-aids for the meantime. There was nothing wrong with Apex and Alphas (except maybe the spawn rate of alphas at launch).

Wow, we are on a completely different page here.

Almost every single tame has problems or the tames in general have problem. No one uses the giraffe, it was supposed to be the thatch gatherer (I think), but was way too much a pain to tame and put in a barn and barely got any thatch. That is broke, it needs to get fixed.

The bear is doing exactly what it should be doing and people actually use it because almost no other tame can fill some of the roles it has and you want to break it too?

This attitude that everything must barely work or not work and the game must be so hard is part of what they are trying to fix about this game. This very attitude you have about how the bear being liked and used so it must be broke is what is driving players in droves from this game.

Edited by wildbill
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nari said:

Ok, say you "fix" the bear.

You make the bear so it is not good to do treasure hunt, what other tame would you bring? I'm guessing you think no tame should be needed. Way funner to bring a tame, but make that a pain and no fun by "fixing" the bear. It is good for treasure hunts because it is tough and can carry the weight of the gold.

Oh, the bear carries so much, lets break that, so now what would we use, nothing? Maybe the horse? The horse steering is so derpy, I prefer the bear and the bear will defend itself and me when I'm out gathering, the horse is not nearly as good at it. So then what would we use for carrying stuff around? The horse is a pain to tame, way easier to tame a bear.

Yup, the bear is broke, too easy to tame, lets break that too. Make it like the elephant or giraffe where you get killed about 10 times before you usually find the sweet spot where it doesn't kill you.

There, you have "fixed" it. (Like it was ever broke, it just works, so lets break it to be like all the rest of the tames.)

• Haha 1

Bears arent needed for treasure.  More than half the maps bears cant get to anyway.   We just bring grenades, it's way less hassle.