Sign in to follow this  
Epicstankyy

animals dying to snakes in tame pen

every few hours a snake gets into the pen and kills my animals i have on passive flee. what should i set them to? Also what should i set animals to to follow me and avoid everything if i want them to folllow me when farming? neutral? thanks so much whoever could help

Hey,  the best way is to put your animals on neutral. If they get attacked, they will attack back. If you have a few bears in it, they should be even fine to handle a alpha snake if it spawns in. Your farm animals, like cows etc are fine on passive flee. This way they run away, and the other animals have room to attack.

6 minutes ago, Epicstankyy said:

every few hours a snake gets into the pen and kills my animals i have on passive flee. what should i set them to? Also what should i set animals to to follow me and avoid everything if i want them to folllow me when farming? neutral? thanks so much whoever could help

neutral is your friend , use it 

okay for them following me? i have a very huge tame pen enough room for them to flee if a snake did glitch through so while leaving them in the tame pen put them on neutral? not passive flee? and im going to make a gated area inside the tame pen to futher keep snakes out. i figured i try to breed and tame lots of bulls since theyre easier than horses and pretty much do same thing if im correct plus have an attack or are horses tamed a lot faster but take longer

Anything that doesn't kill could be on passive flee.  Everything else on Neutral in the pen.

When you have them on follow while gathering, either neutral or attack my target.  We have many lions in our area, I stick to attack my target outside since there's a good chance i'll get ripped off my mount.  The mount comes to the rescue.

Cobras seem to be able to get past walls and even still between foundations.     The only thing the can't seem to do is climb, although the can strike up a from inside a foundation, they cannot climb up a to a full foundation (half wall) higher.

Edited by José Gaspar

Always keep animals on neutral in pen, 2 bears can easily kill alpha cobras which have higher chance to glitch inside pen. By only keeping animals on neutral we haven't lost a single tame inside pen.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:39 PM, Epicstankyy said:

I know how you feel, we lost quite a few animals to cobras, it shouldn't be happening but it does.

We used to keep them in base which is secure but snakes somehow kill them. We've since built a platform in the air with a gate on, had no problems since.

We have a few tigers set to neutral below that platform incase any drop through, so they are like the guard dogs or should i say guard cats.

Cobra look to me to be able to attack right about 2 floor cubes inward through a wall.

I've built a barn with the animals on the 4th floor (4 walls high) where they stand, on passive. I have not lost one since keeping them like this. 

I’ve lost countless lions, elephants, giraffes, horses and bears to alpha cobras,. I’ve had pen on pillars, with roof doors used as ramps and that seems to have been one of my better pens, I’ve used pens built 6 walls high over top of my taming area with all of it enclosed but things would either fall through the floor and be killed on the lower pen or the snakes would come up the ramp and strike through the gate, done away with that and tried a ground build with double walls but single gates and that didn’t work so now I’ve went 4 floor foundations high on the outside and 3 on the inside connected to my base with a large gate and a ramp with a elevator separating it so now I have a drawbridge that keeps things away from the gate

I lost tames as well. Bees and Snakes like them. Every 2 weeks 1 tame, so its not that bad.

Sure put them on neutral is an option, but........i sell tames and i have always a lot on stock in the gallery and they lock best when they stay in a accurate line. When i put them on neutral i can sort them again......

• Like 1