Sign in to follow this  
Derfel

Patch deployment

please please please please for the love of all thats holy stop deploying patches without any warning!
I love the game , love that you all care so much and are constantly working on issues , but when you get a message that you're deploying a patch instantly and then get kicked is infuriating :-p
15 minutes is all we ask..give us a chance to get the ships to land , to get out of dangerous area's etc
thanks

thats fair enough , its partially on me for not having checked the forums an hour ahead...im simply asking for an in game warning that gives the people who don't constantly check the forums for sudden patch drops time to get safe.
sadly my prophetic powers are a little lacking these days

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Derfel said:

thats fair enough , its partially on me for not having checked the forums an hour ahead...im simply asking for an in game warning that gives the people who don't constantly check the forums for sudden patch drops time to get safe.

I getcha man not trying to be an ass 5 min warning would be nice, 15 with the huge distances makes sense... Personally, with how inaccurate they have been with the pre-announcements and the fact that we're alpha testing i think they're better off not providing a warning.. but I also believe that "stuff" is too expensive (in terms of time to grind) for this stage of alpha testing too... 

• Like 1

they re warning us and its better like that

only trolls dpnt want warning because they re trolls and sailing rafts naked with stone pick  😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Derfel said:

The people who do check the forums is consistently a significant minority of a game’s playerbase so imo it’s not on you at all. Also more than one ingame warning is needed. Most similar games give warnings at intervals of say 30, 15, 10, 5 and then one minute. If you miss all that then yeah it’s on you, but not just a single warning an hour out. Why they aren’t doing it the way pretty much every other game does is getting simple stuff wrong. C’mon Wildshot, we know it’s EA, but this is low hanging fruit. Put out more regular server down warnings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

The people who do check the forums is consistently a significant minority of a game’s playerbase so imo it’s not on you at all. Also more than one ingame warning is needed. Most similar games give warnings at intervals of say 30, 15, 10, 5 and then one minute. If you miss all that then yeah it’s on you, but not just a single warning an hour out. Why they aren’t doing it the way pretty much every other game does is getting simple stuff wrong. C’mon Wildshot, we know it’s EA, but this is low hanging fruit. Put out more regular server down warnings.

This!

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Or, better yet, leave a small box at the top of the screen, with either a countdown, or the estimated patch time. I've missed the patch warning too many times due to being afk for a minute or two, or logging in after the warning.