Sign in to follow this  
Adfax

Stop making the game easier for mega tribes

The more you make stealth options less viable, aka : offline raiding; the more you make it impossible for small tribes to hurt megatribes. 

The cure to this problem is simple : make ships cheap to make. 

The reason people hate losing their ships to offline raiding isn't due to ships being too easy to sink, it is because you've made them too expensive. If ships are always disposable, make them cheaper. You'll find less people complain.

Megatribes are already playing on the easiest difficulty by simply being teamed with so many people. They are the worst players on the game, STOP making it easier for them.

Edited by Adfax

Just now, strawman said:

No please less offline raiding it's such a toxic meta

Offline raiding is stealth, it isn't fair on small tribes who want to attack big tribes. You literally can't hurt them anymore with these ridiculous changes.

It'll just be megatribes dumping on everyone, and no one will be able to hit them back. 

Edited by Adfax

You want to make it less easier for the mega tribes yet you want ships to cost less? A solo guy can already make a gally in 1 day, with the upcoming animals buff that will probably be 1,3 gally or even more. If ships cost less, we’ll be seeing a continues ship spam that will screw up everything. 

Logically, its gonna be harder to 'offline' a megatribe with 4-500 people spread across a dozen time zones, that it would be to offline a small tribe of friends who all live near each other and work together.

If my tribe is 4 people that I work with. We all work the same hours, sleep more or less the same time, dictated by work schedule There's a good 12-16 hours any given day that no one from my tribe would be on. Pretty easy got get offlined.

A megatribe with say 100 active people, usually has members from NA, Europe/Australia, and maybe a couple members from Asia. There's a pretty good chance that at least 10 of those members are online at any given time, and can respond to attacks relatively quickly - once they get a notification that they're under attack. Add in the fact that most megas are aligned with 3-4 other megas, and your 'stealth attack' is gonna get responded to with 30-40 people.

I don't think the little guy is gonna win so well in that scenario. You -might- be able to get there, firebomb a few ships, and popcorn a few boxes, but I wouldn't say that it is going to really set much of anything back.

1 hour ago, Adfax said:

Offline raiding is stealth, it isn't fair on small tribes who want to attack big tribes. You literally can't hurt them anymore with these ridiculous changes.

It'll just be megatribes dumping on everyone, and no one will be able to hit them back. 

😄 lol. How many megatribes don´t have anyone online during "offline" hours? Offline raiding is a problem for smaller companies which don´t have people online during night. Not for a fuckin 400 member megatribe which has 30 people online even during night. Stop acting like this is helping megatribes somehow. If u want to fight megatribe just put together alliance and strike them all together. Stop trying to fight alone against megacompany and pretend like it should be possible. Offline raiding hurts smaller tribes much much much more than megatribes. Megas really don´t care if u destroy 15 of their ships. They will have them back in a day. 

Edited by Willard

So from the vantage point of playing in both a mega tribe and a small tribe. Mega tribes have already won. The problem isnt the tribes themselves. We had 1 person alone take out almost 50 of our ships in 2 days. The problem is the cost of the mats to sink a ship are way cheaper than the cost to make a ship. It take 1 oil jar and 1 flame arrow to sink a ship.

On another note the reason why greifing is so rampant is because its easier to acquire the mats for the stuff you need by simply taking it from someone else. If i want to build a new ship, im not going to farm the 100's of thousands of mats, im going to sink 2-3 ships and salvage them and then make planks. If i sink 2 schooners i have 28 planks. That takes 15-20 minutes instead of hours.

the large company has the player base to grief you and the resources over and over. they can acquire resources way fast than solo or a small tribe. One night we almost farmed 1 million wood in like 4 hours on 2x. 1 MILLION!  They have the man power to push anyone out of an area. We wanted an island so we took it, it took 3 days straight but we finally took it. How is a small group of friends playing togethe supposed to survive against that?

Go look at the lawless islands. They are completely abandoned. To many people have come through while you were offlined and took your stuff that you gathered for hours to get and now you have to start over. Most people i know didnt want to keep starting over and just quit. i started with 5 friends and its just me left. Ive had to merge and join other tribes because you cant play solo. The player base has already left and they arent coming back. Most servers have like 10-16 players on them 8 on lawless and 30 on popuilated ones. the games dead, sorry but it aint coming back. Its to late.