Sign in to follow this  
Evir

Latest patch notes

5 hours ago, Talono said:

I have to contradict, they did not make players life more easy but harder. An example : you can build stone on only 40% of the islands now (stone is still one shot for any bored baby troll), you get a debuff at old age of you dont go for a naked suicide run, defence was basically nerfed below zero.

Survival is only possible through ninja tricks, „i build a base and be -quite- safe“ is not working. On my island ALL bases and ships are down every day, except mine.

If devs continue on their path Atlas is clearly doomed.

Patch says debuff has been removed.  

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

You’re the first pvper I see on the forums that likes the animals, I didn’t know that. But yeah, everyone thinks differently about it. I don’t want the gap between large and small companies get bigger, and this is another little step that does that. 

Guess I'm the 2nd.  Ark is the reason I was interested in Atlas.  I love the animals. I wish there was more lol.    I find taming in Atlas actually fun.  I'm sure I'm in the minority on that.  

2 minutes ago, Gfnjr said:

Guess I'm the 2nd.  Ark is the reason I was interested in Atlas.  I love the animals. I wish there was more lol.    I find taming in Atlas actually fun.  I'm sure I'm in the minority on that.  

not the minority 😛 but almost only ppl who dont like them speak about it in the forum 🙂

great update so thank you dev

and for ppl who complain about big companie, they will always have the advantage unless they dont know how to play, tame limit dont change anything to that... was 800 before never see 800 pet raiding a base Oo

Don't see anything negative in patch notes. Like the animal changes. Good to have the opportunity for a thatch gatherer. Like the old age debuff removal - foy not worth attempting in a group of 4. weapon reloads lowered. all good

2 hours ago, UDO said:

thanks , but imo not really minor with all the incresse in skill points per lvl ,weight changes , reduction to relaod speeds and damage buffs to firearms , 

That's not what the definition of a minor or major patch is though.

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Did anyone get the 20% more points per lvl to spend?? I didn't.. That and stone/sap were all I really wanted.. lol

I did yes, didn't have to respec either, I had 0 before update and then 20 after.

13 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Hmmm, I might give it a try then anyway, don't normally respec so doesn't matter if i use up my free one.

i went from 12 to 31 points without respec , its not neccesary to do it unless u want to remove some weight points now that we have that buffed 

23 minutes ago, Shintai said:

If you respect you get even more points, I did.

5 minutes ago, UDO said:

i went from 12 to 31 points without respec , its not neccesary to do it unless u want to remove some weight points now that we have that buffed 

Yup that's right, you don't get more skill points if you respec. I still had 20.

2 hours ago, Shintai said:

Another flip flop mess of a patch. So now they essentially enable a weight exploit on ships again by loading tames.

Good thing to see NPC crew naming tho. Their names was long and annoying.

Drag weight of the animal would offset that to a degree, i don't think it's worth putting an elephant on for 25% reduction after the weight of wood itself has been reduced by 30% anyways. there is also risk to that, you lose your ship you lose your tame as well.

6 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

Just ally with small companies and form a group to take on big guy . Alone you have no chance .

Your right, but being forced to team up in a game is putting soo many people off from buying Atlas.

• Like 1

Yay to even more overpowered tames, let's just scrap guns, artillery, unarmed, archery, meele and any tools, we soon won't even need stone tools bcs in freeport we gonna get a pretamed chicken to gather us resources as we hold it. Gotta love it when a lvl 250 yeti comes out and a single 50 lvl bear can handle it solo or treasure maps being tone by 1 player spamming furriously RMB as the rest of company waits for free loot.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Yay to even more overpowered tames, let's just scrap guns, artillery, unarmed, archery, meele and any tools, we soon won't even need stone tools bcs in freeport we gonna get a pretamed chicken to gather us resources as we hold it. Gotta love it when a lvl 250 yeti comes out and a single 50 lvl bear can handle it solo or treasure maps being tone by 1 player spamming furriously RMB as the rest of company waits for free loot.

Ye, if my bear wasn't OP enough already. Sure they removed 10% HP, instead it got 30% resistance and 20% damage buff. Haha.

46 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yup that's right, you don't get more skill points if you respec. I still had 20.

Maybe my character was just bugged in that sense. I went from 52 to 157 points free.

2 hours ago, Willard said:

And how is this "enabling" weight exploit? Why would you load tames just to provide a little bonus resources? Do u think people will start loading elephants on the deck so they have 25% weight reduction on wood? It´s 1 more crew AND u risk losing it if someone attacks you.

They did it before on galleons, they would put them at the back of the ship under the top deck, and wall them in. Carrying a ton of extra wood.

1 hour ago, tsavo74 said:

Don't see anything negative in patch notes. Like the animal changes. Good to have the opportunity for a thatch gatherer. Like the old age debuff removal - foy not worth attempting in a group of 4. weapon reloads lowered. all good

Now I want my good looks also back. My flesh is hanging and if I'm not paying attention then I can glide without a glider.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Willard said:

So you as a small company can´t tame like 20 animals during 2x weekend? 1 person can do that ...

I think you understood me wrong. 

4 hours ago, Gfnjr said:

I don’t mind taming, they can add 200 animals in, I’m fine with everything (even though they can’t do that since the only reason Atlas is not an “ARK DLC” is because the combination of the animal spam/kibble farms and the ‘atlas dynamic stuff’ wouldn’t work. That is if we must believe the devs, and I think it’s a good argument. My point is about the OP gathering stuff that makes a solo guy make a gally in a day. There’s so ridiculously much spam going on on official pvp that it just isn’t that much fun anymore. 

Edited by Percieval

1 hour ago, Evir said:

They did it before on galleons, they would put them at the back of the ship under the top deck, and wall them in. Carrying a ton of extra wood.

I'm sorry but it's hardly gamebreaking that anyone can take an elephant with them for 25% more wood, and the overall benefit to the whole player base is welcome.

23 minutes ago, Falcon4 said:

water barrels do not hold more than 500 still, need to relook at them

My water barrel can hold 6k

6 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Did anyone get the 20% more points per lvl to spend?? I didn't.. That and stone/sap were all I really wanted.. lol

I did when u log in i have 20 moře free skill points

I got (I think) 26 extra skill points (lvl 62) but it's nowhere near "20% more skill points per level" - 20% should be more like 70 points extra. 

6 hours ago, Willard said:

And how is this "enabling" weight exploit? Why would you load tames just to provide a little bonus resources? Do u think people will start loading elephants on the deck so they have 25% weight reduction on wood? It´s 1 more crew AND u risk losing it if someone attacks you.

"Oh no, our galley is almost overweight. Put the resources on the tames"

That's how. You can bypass the weight limits. Reversing this was a stupid decision.

And no I don't think people will, I know they will because they did it before the devs removed it.

Edited by Nari

2 minutes ago, Nari said:

"Oh no, our galley is almost overweight. Put the resources on the tames"

That's how. You can bypass the weight limits. Reversing this was a stupid decision.

And no I don't think people will, I know they will because they did it before the devs removed it.

Guess u are talking about PvE servers right? Because u can´t risk something like that in PvP. 

Just now, Willard said:

Guess u are talking about PvE servers right? Because u can´t risk something like that in PvP. 

No both. You can easily do this in PvP and I'd argue it's even more effective in PvP. In PvE it'd save you some time at most. In PvP that is 25% more resources to repair with.