seruum

griefing is a major issue on pve

NA PVE lost 5 brigs to our neighbor we have never even talked to until after this griefing dragged SotD's over aggro them and stands behind our base and ships. openly admits it in chats and even vowes to do more and is leaving taunts on our flag message. what can we do??? i don't want to do the same and lower to his standard. we have tried talking to him asked him why he did it and he just says we have too many claims. 20190215164400_1.jpg?width=1135&height=620190215164403_1.jpg?width=1126&height=6 

Video proof here : 

do i need more proof???? or can something be done about this with what we have here???

• Sad 2

Ship of the Damned will no longer physically damage a team's structures/boats/players unless they have been specifically damaged by that target. PvE servers only.

so you failed to watch the video at all???

15 minutes ago, DilBert said:

Ship of the Damned will no longer physically damage a team's structures/boats/players unless they have been specifically damaged by that target. PvE servers only.

did you watch the video at all mate???

he is getting aggro and standing behind the ship it isn't targeting the ships it is targeting him and he is behind it......

Edited by seruum

did you read the patch notes I linked? it is getting fixed as soon as those go live. Sometime later tonight. 

Ohh sorry misread the patch notes there thought it said will no longer target my bad.

Yeah,  they are deliberately over fixing the issue and making them near harmless to be sure they stop this

Eventually PVE will be nothing but mobs that stand there motionless and every player will have a bubble around him to protect him from everything and everyone.

The issue with PVE is that there are people that want to PVP, but they do not want to PVP too much, so they go to PVE, get bored because PVE is a complete joke with no real threats. And they come up with ways to entertain themselves, they are doing the "naughty thing" by griefing people. Because it is really the only way to PVP on those servers.

More like they are coward  afraid to take responsibility .

Edited by kampfer91
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, seruum said:

so you failed to watch the video at all???

did you watch the video at all mate???

he is getting aggro and standing behind the ship it isn't targeting the ships it is targeting him and he is behind it......

unless the owner aggros them after the patch bases  will not take damage anymore ......READ MUCH , ability to read and understand is a basic human thing .....

Edited by UDO

5 minutes ago, UDO said:

unless the owner aggros them after the patch bases  will not take damage anymore ......READ MUCH , ability to read and understand is a basic human thing .....

did i not admit to misreading the comment??? mistakes are also a basic human thing.

1 hour ago, mndfreeze said:

Eventually PVE will be nothing but mobs that stand there motionless and every player will have a bubble around him to protect him from everything and everyone.

So, you are one of the griefers then? Only someone who was doing this would come to that conclusion after experiencing or witnessing this type of griefing. It needed to be stopped.

No. I play on PVP.  PVE in this type of game just doesn't work well and never has for all the reasons everyone has been complaining about since day 1.

3 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

No. I play on PVP.  PVE in this type of game just doesn't work well and never has for all the reasons everyone has been complaining about since day 1.

Everyone has been complaining about PVP too, should the devs scrap that mode too?

I don't comment on PVP mechanics because I don't understand the issues completely as I don't play it. Basing your opinion of a game mode on reddit or forum posts is fine, voicing those opinions  or engaging in debate on those issues is ignorant - you should understand that you don't understand.

Edited by FruitBatCat
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, seruum said:

NA PVE lost 5 brigs to our neighbor we have never even talked to until after this griefing dragged SotD's over aggro them and stands behind our base and ships. openly admits it in chats and even vowes to do more and is leaving taunts on our flag message. what can we do??? i don't want to do the same and lower to his standard. we have tried talking to him asked him why he did it and he just says we have too many claims. 20190215164400_1.jpg?width=1135&height=620190215164403_1.jpg?width=1126&height=6 

Video proof here : 

do i need more proof???? or can something be done about this with what we have here???

Such a Charming game.

14 hours ago, FruitBatCat said:

Everyone has been complaining about PVP too, should the devs scrap that mode too?

I don't comment on PVP mechanics because I don't understand the issues completely as I don't play it. Basing your opinion of a game mode on reddit or forum posts is fine, voicing those opinions  or engaging in debate on those issues is ignorant - you should understand that you don't understand.

Just throwin all sorts of words in my mouth aren't you.  I never said PVE should be scrapped.  I said it doesn't work well in games like this.  Conquest survival games with heavy pvp design elements TURNED pve always have tons of issues.  This isn't a themepark mmo where all it takes is a few simple 'player cant damage other player' flag changes on configs.  This game has minimal pve content in it.  Ark was the same way.  I have actually, in fact, played pve in a ton of these games so I'm far from "ignorant" on voicing my opinion.  

To assume I don't understand is just you being ignorant.

what i dont get is this guy is not even trying to kill the sotd, grab a pic, axe, scythe, and start swinging away. just complains, there are griefers in PVE, we deal with it in every game. im glad the patch made this harder to be effective. but sheesh fight back my man

he is a solo player trying to repair the boat build some planks and a connon to shoot. we ended up getting cannon to shoot it. this same guy sank 5 of our brigs and destroyed a base of our the night before (brigs were gone he was working on base when we got on) or we would have had ships there.

quick update no reply from devs yet he logged on after the SotD grieding patch and proceeded to build a wall around our neighbor since someone had an open water claim that overlapped his entire base. he has since also started putting down foundations on anyone who was nice enough to have an open claim on our small island so effectively stopping spawns and people have to close buildable claims down.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:24 PM, mndfreeze said:

Just throwin all sorts of words in my mouth aren't you.  I never said PVE should be scrapped.  I said it doesn't work well in games like this.  Conquest survival games with heavy pvp design elements TURNED pve always have tons of issues.  This isn't a themepark mmo where all it takes is a few simple 'player cant damage other player' flag changes on configs.  This game has minimal pve content in it.  Ark was the same way.  I have actually, in fact, played pve in a ton of these games so I'm far from "ignorant" on voicing my opinion.  

To assume I don't understand is just you being ignorant.

Your comment shows that you don't have a good understanding of what pve content is.

What's your idea of pve content, anyway?

The new way to just kick you out of your territory is just to build a lot of crap ships and land it in your shipyard, or blocking your ships or the way out etc, since there is no way to do anything against and its so easy to do, that will kill PVE very quick, some one just done with me, now I have only one choice if I want to keep playing, that is do this to someone else to get an new territory...

They will find new ways.

EU PvE has actually a problem with "Winter is coming". It is chinese company. They try to grief everything........before the patch they sunk some ships with sotd bug.

• Like 1