Sign in to follow this  
gadefence

Snap points for animals/ships

Until you guys fix people falling through shit (so never), I'd recommend you add snap points. Snap points for sleeping people, and animal tames. Right now, I just logged out for a bit to go do something while my mate was sailing to M14 so we could go do the 8 maps we captured. I log back in into the middle of the ocean in A10 freeport, while he's in M14. I nearly made it to the freeport island before drowning, and we lost all our maps before we could go back. I'm sure everyone has a similar experience, we lost a few pets for instance, and ALWAYS see a few animals floating in the ocean.

Adding snap points that force something to stay in a certain spot would help with pets falling through floors, and losing people in the middle of the ocean. If you can't fix your collision by improving that code, can you please add this in?

• Like 2

Do you load in very, very slow? On our ships, people that load in very slow get into the game, they still have the blackscreen, and they start moving towards the end of the ship and eventually fall off. People I know with good rigs never ended up in sea (yet). As for the animals, never one fell through anything on the ship. Once we had an elephant stuck in between decks but we just moved him onto another ship. That’s all the experience I have with it so far. 

Edited by Percieval

3 hours ago, gadefence said:

Snap points for sleeping people, and animal tames

Nice idea. Maybe this would help prevent the infuriating rubberbanding when you get anywhere near a tame on a ship.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Percieval said:

Do you load in very, very slow? On our ships, people that load in very slow get into the game, they still have the blackscreen, and they start moving towards the end of the ship and eventually fall off. People I know with good rigs never ended up in sea (yet). As for the animals, never one fell through anything on the ship. Once we had an elephant stuck in between decks but we just moved him onto another ship. That’s all the experience I have with it so far. 

I logged out in B9. I logged back in when our boat reached M14. I was kicked off at the server wall zoning into A10. Loading doesn't really matter considering we HAD crossed 2 servers after I logged out, and crossed another 6-8 before I logged back in.

As for ele IN deck, that's easy - anchor and unanchor until he pops up on the deck. But at times they just FALL through the ship (we've lost a horse, an ele, a bear and a chocobo this way). I haven't had it happen to me personally (I fell off when someone else was driving) so it may be that their PCs load slower, but that's still something worth fixing.

Some sort of "hitching Post" would be awesome for tames and just make it so you can snap sleepers to beds or chairs, great idea!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zhoutai said:

Some sort of "hitching Post" would be awesome for tames and just make it so you can snap sleepers to beds or chairs, great idea!

I was thinking the same. A hitching post would also help organize and keep tames from moving so far when aggro'd. An ability to log out in something that removes your character from the game would be great too. This would solve the snoring noise too. 

• Like 1

I think there needs to be a better system to keep tames either on board a ship or load them safely. I've lost 3 tames today while sending to my ship. Two floated away and I couldn't whistle them and one sank to the bottom of the ocean on Emslow in M4.

Yea we have lost a few animals off our boats. Having to start double checking after every single server transition and keeping them right in front of the captains wheel. We had a tame die last night while sailing which we had kept right behind us and it somehow fell off the boat, just saw the "X has died" Really lovely way to lose tames just to falling through the decks. Have had the same issue with ourselves if running around on deck during transitions. Sitting in a chair keeps it from happening, same as npcs on cannons, sailsl etc, but you can't keep unassigned npc or tames and players not at a station from clipping through.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:46 AM, Percieval said:

It happens after they removed rendering of bodies. You cant sleep travel with anyone on a ship. It´s also annoying in many other ways if a company member with some map or item you need logged out.