Long John Screw Off

Constructive Criticism

2 minutes ago, MisterMyztik said:

The thing I'm starting to wonder about is these kind of responses lead me to believe we are alpha testers.. and yet they ban for exploits, there have been no wipes and resource gathering is minimal...

If we are testing, should we not be given tools to test & break things and then report our findings openly so that the developers can fix those things and we move onto trying to break the next thing?

I'm honestly confused as to what my role is in this game currently, I'm expected to act like a player, yet i'm treated like a tester and given zero player support.. it really isn't making sense to me and I say this as a bit of a fanboi.

If you find the bug, report it. Don't use it to grief people. 

2 minutes ago, Wh33ls said:

If you find the bug, report it. Don't use it to grief people. 

Of course.

But they're treating the game/playerbase like the game is released.

The rates dont allow for experimentation, heck once you hit 60 you cant even experiment with your build anymore except for change it once a week maybe? 

The "permanent" nature of the game as it stands right now is troublesome if we are testers. 

I don't have answers I'm just basically confused as to what we are actually doing.

1 minute ago, MisterMyztik said:

Of course.

But they're treating the game/playerbase like the game is released.

The rates dont allow for experimentation, heck once you hit 60 you cant even experiment with your build anymore except for change it once a week maybe? 

The "permanent" nature of the game as it stands right now is troublesome if we are testers. 

I don't have answers I'm just basically confused as to what we are actually doing.

I agree, but if they gave us free (or extremely easy) everything it would be extremely had to balance the game. A wipe would be a touchy subject, piss off the ones who have been here throughout and maintained their claims to satisfy new players. Escape from Tarkov handles that fairly well, they inform of a wipe (generally at a major update) and usually have events leading up the wipe (this has also bit them as well, some haven't been as smooth). This gives a chance for some of the casuals to run around with endgame gear they wouldn't normally have access too, and get the data on the widespread use of that gear.

The claims need work as well, many different ideas floating around on how to fix/help the issue. Just hard to know the exact path without time. 

A half released game where we are treated like alpha testers in terms of support is only going to burn out the population. 

The claim system needs work of course, I've spent over 250 hours personally contesting/claiming land. I personally have no dramas with wipes particularly in early access.

The problem I'm running into at this point is that I (and the majority of my company who have wound back some incredibly huge active hours down to less than a dozen per week) DONT want to grind as hard as this grind is to construct when its clear that the game is not in a release state and will 100% require wiping at some point.. 

They are nowhere near the "balancing" stage of this game's development.

45 minutes ago, Wh33ls said:

Sexual battery? I don't think you know what that term means. 

Good boy... exaggeration. You caught it. Kinda like saying that cleaning the guns implies gun violence. You're smarter than you sound.

4 minutes ago, MisterMyztik said:

A half released game where we are treated like alpha testers in terms of support is only going to burn out the population. 

The claim system needs work of course, I've spent over 250 hours personally contesting/claiming land. I personally have no dramas with wipes particularly in early access.

The problem I'm running into at this point is that I (and the majority of my company who have wound back some incredibly huge active hours down to less than a dozen per week) DONT want to grind as hard as this grind is to construct when its clear that the game is not in a release state and will 100% require wiping at some point.. 

They are nowhere near the "balancing" stage of this game's development.

Same here, I'm at ~430 hours. I wouldn't not be against a wipe, give me something to do again. But, I'm sure there would be a large outcry if one was announced. 

They have worked at some balance issues (I'm not going to start down the rabbit hole if they are in the right direction or not). Tames, alphas (damage and spawn rate), weapon damage, armor effectiveness, storms (water spouts), SotD, Kracken, and others. They are working on new content as well.

Lose players to griefing, lose players to bugs, lose players to lack of content, lose players to whatever else. They have to use their resources as effectively as possible and fix the glaring issues. Have they been 100% correct on their choices, no. 

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Good boy... exaggeration. You caught it. Kinda like saying that cleaning the guns implies gun violence. You're smarter than you sound.

Not exaggeration. Not sure you know what that term means either. 

There is a logical path from I'm mad I'm going to go clean my guns and gun violence. No such path between slap a baby and a sexual act. 

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

Straight from the steam page where you purchased it. What Jat stated was staring you in the face before you purchased it

17 minutes ago, DilBert said:

Straight from the steam page where you purchased it. What Jat stated was staring you in the face before you purchased it

Thats the problem, we're straddling a divide here, are we players or are we testers? If we're testers we need more tools.. If we're players we need more support.

7 minutes ago, MisterMyztik said:

Thats the problem, we're straddling a divide here, are we players or are we testers? If we're testers we need more tools.. If we're players we need more support.

Yes, that is a problem with any testing. How many tools do they give us to test the game in a way that gives data for balancing. If you want console commands opened up so you can spawn stuff in, reach max level in 20 hours, 20x harvesting, doubt that will happen on live servers. However, dedicated servers (or rent one) have those options. 

Jat has already explained their thought process. They have a team of devs and a team of GM's. As the game is more stable with more content and closer to launch, they will step down the dev team and increase the GM team. 

• Like 1