Sign in to follow this  
Murreth

Yetis vs. Bears

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has any experience using Bears to attack Yetis, just curious if they hold their own against them or if it's just a waste of a bear.

Thanks for your time.

I tried it and it is efficent, bear will push yeti back so he is hitting not every attack. I used bear lvl 60 and it took me 1/5 health to bring down one yeti

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murreth said:

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has any experience using Bears to attack Yetis, just curious if they hold their own against them or if it's just a waste of a bear.

Thanks for your time.

Yup, bears work just fine. If you have the taming perks, taking on 2 or 3 at a time with a 50'ish lvl bear is doable.  It just takes a while as yeti have a lot of hp.  The trick is to get the bear to higher ground so it knocks the yeti back further when it attacks.  The biggest problem is when a yeti decides to run.  Chasing them down can be interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murreth said:

Thanks for your time.

Just put a cannon cart on your bear with an npc and some grapeshot.  It like 1-2 shots everything.  Just run around let the npc kill everything

• Like 1

Even a mid level bear will take out an alpha if you park the bear on a slope and keep hitting the bear with the right timing.  It'll take a while, but definitely doable.  The bear has a great knockback with each attack.

• Like 1