Sign in to follow this  
Mutantgun

Atlas Unofficial Island Resource Question

Hey Everyone,

So I'm playing on an unofficial 4x4 server and need some help with locating metal... Below you will find pictures of what the island looks like on the map and what the entrance looks like as the island comes in many different variants. I've had a chat with the map designer and admin about the metal spawn on that island type and he says it should have dedicated metal nodes, but all I find is traces... I've looked around and on top of all the mountains and still can't find it... All I get are metal traces in other rocks at the beach and then graphite and quartz nodes around the mountains... The traces of metal are cobalt.

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

PS: Yes that is the entrance to that C cup shown on the map image... I really want to sue it as it's really good for PvP, but need to find the metal spawns...

entrance_img.png

map_img.png

The best i can come up with is if you find the island and biome that was used for it, you may be able to find the same island on official and know what you’re looking for.

I don’t know of any resource maps detailed enough to show where nodes are on an island yet, but going to the island on official you could ask people there if they know the metal node locations.

Alternatively, if resource rates are higher you can just farm normal stone and throw away the stone and flint.

Nobody can tell you where metal nodes are on your unofficial server. You will need to look 🙂 If there are rocks on the beach, run around the entire beach looking for tin. Most of the time it is easy to find, since there will be other different colored rocks in the area. If you start seeing weird rocks near other rocks and they do not look like they belong, look closer and you may find some tin or silver. Also go near mountains. Same holds true there. If you see a bunch of rocks at the bottom of a mountain, look around for other rocks. Finding different rocks in an area is a sign there may be metal near. By the mountains it is iron.

Edited by Bryan

There are no metal nodes on those bay islands, sorry man. If you want a map with all the resources in the game, you can PM me so I can give you a 2x2 that had atleast all the resources available. You can place all those islands in yours. 

Edited by Percieval