Labs

Just an idea - Beds, fast travel, remove it - helping the little tribe

4 minutes ago, Labs said:

And you are more than welcome to show a video of not being able to transfer over your entire guild within 15-30 mins. Like I said before. Never stayed the systems you say are in the game arent. I've clearly said time and time again that they are nothing more than a minor inconveniences. 

If things in this game have been so smooth, why do we see forums and reddt flooded with issues like land claiming, ect. All you are doing is trying to disprove that there is no issue when the facts show there clearly is. 

If someone makes claims about mechanics that are untrue I'm going to call them on it plain and simple, especially when its a thread to rally to remove a feature all because they just don't understand it.  Whether you feel its a minor inconvenience or not is irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, mndfreeze said:

I don't think the claim system is that bad.  Unlike most of the people who post the kind of threads demanding megas be disbanded and they should be handed everything on a platter because they refused to play with more than 3 people we actually learned how to make the mechanics work for us.  Claims could use some tweaks, some better incentives perhaps, but they are not the end all massive enemy the children on this forum want to make it out to be, just like beds are not the end all terrible issue, because just like this bed thread, its someone with a skewed viewpoint who doesn't even understand the mechanics complaining about it.

Why the hell are you so damn salty all the time? It's exhausting to read...
Apart from your phrasing I agree on this point. I like the general idea behind the claim system, having a stronger company leasing out the land to smaller company for small taxes and offering protection or whatever in return.
That this system doesn't work so well currently has quite a few reasons, in the opinions of the topic owner and me (and I presume a few others), fast travel is among these reasons.

4 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

I also don't feel that just because someone refuses to join a larger group and insists on playing in a smaller group that they should be given special benefits or favors to 'help them compete'.  This is a competitive pvp game. People who play it better should be "winning".  Playing it better in Atlas's case is running a bigger guild, joining an alliance, working together to slaughter your enemies, owning more land, taxing more small guilds who are not able to do this.

This one though... IDK what to say to people like you. ATLAS is not specifically a game for mega companies. With this you are basically saying, join a large company or go play single player. This is neither how this game was advertised, nor how it should be, but a complex world experience, housing the most different playstyles and company sizes in it, having each their place and potentially benefitting each other (e.g. taxation system as an attempt to achieve that). You are basically saying "sod off"...

Ah screw it, you are just a salty troll, who is unable to read or comprehend 90% of an argument, picks one line he can actually say something in return and keeps juggling his balls while ignoring the rest. Done discussing with someone like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

I don't think the claim system is that bad.  Unlike most of the people who post the kind of threads demanding megas be disbanded and they should be handed everything on a platter because they refused to play with more than 3 people we actually learned how to make the mechanics work for us.  Claims could use some tweaks, some better incentives perhaps, but they are not the end all massive enemy the children on this forum want to make it out to be, just like beds are not the end all terrible issue, because just like this bed thread, its someone with a skewed viewpoint who doesn't even understand the mechanics complaining about it.

Getting your boats offlined sucks.  Happens to us every single day.  We built an array of puckle towers at the foot of each boat and that has worked out pretty well.  Now, if we can do it in a fairly smallish-medium group, why can't everyone else?  But yeah, boats were too weak too guerrilla tactics, which, sadly for the small guys, is BETTER for the megas with this patch.  They just made it even harder for the small guy to fight back. Hurray or something.

A tiny group will NEVER be able to play on an even field with a larger group, no matter what changes are made.  24 hour survival games that are resource based run purely on player attrition.  Those who can be on more, doing more, win, the end.  No amount of claim change will fix that. No amount of removing bed spawns, no amount of raid protection.  I also don't feel that just because someone refuses to join a larger group and insists on playing in a smaller group that they should be given special benefits or favors to 'help them compete'.  This is a competitive pvp game. People who play it better should be "winning".  Playing it better in Atlas's case is running a bigger guild, joining an alliance, working together to slaughter your enemies, owning more land, taxing more small guilds who are not able to do this.

Its getting really hard to take you serious when you keep reverting to comments like children, ect. You are also clearly not reading anything anyone is saying since you still think we are all apart of 3 man tribes wanting things handed to us as a platter. You are putting words in our mouth with things we've never said and non stop assuming what we want. 

Here are some facts, 
They want this game to be a big open world. Nothing makes a big open world feel small when you can fast travel across it. 
They want a healthy land claiming system for BIG tribes and SMALL tribes. There is nothing healthy in this current system for the small tribe. Your only response to this is 'play my style of teaming up with the mega tribe'(this is actually 100% what my tribe ended up doing and we do enjoy it), but that isn't a fix for everyone, nor should it be. 
The population of this game, even though its in alpha is very unhealthy from where it started and mega tribes having MASS amount of empty land is one of the reasons. Since the average majority of tribe sizes aren't able to take, and/or hold it with the current system unless they play the 2 mega tribes games. 

Removing fast travel and changing it to only zones AND to a guild selected respawn point  would fix a majority of the stated above issues. 
It would make a game that is intended to be big feel big.
It would make ANY tribe, big or small have to truly pick where they want to be and defend it because if they venture to far, they could easily lose it all due to travel. 
A lot more of the population would of probably stayed because they would of been able to take and/or hold (for a lot longer) land. 

Now before you go on again with what you keep saying, yes there is limits to mass amounts of players fast travelling to a zone, yes there is cooldowns to follow, but no it doesn't do anything to stop the current system besides being a minor inconvenience. 

Now if you are just going to go on and assume who I am, what kind of guild i'm in or its size, and my age just move on. You are doing yourself a disservice in a conversation with people trying to look for problems and come up with solutions. 

Not sure how much you read these forums, but the children comment very much applies with reason. 

My response was definitely NOT 'play my style'  It was "learn to play within the mechanics given to you by the devs and stop asking for silly changes based on mechanics you don't even understand'  This topic was about beds and fast travel remember? Other people brought up the claims and I just added in my 2 cents on it, being I'm not in a mega but somehow have managed to do all these things everyone constantly complains about.  Guess my guild is just the 'lucky ones'.  

And again, I have stated this before and I'll state it again. We have taken claims from mega tribes on empty islands with no issues and kept them for over a week WITHOUT EVER once attempting to defend it, build on it, etc.  It just sat there.  Mega tribes most of the time have more land then they can defend and regardless of whether you want to listen to this assumption or not, its because all these smaller tribes who are too busy complaining they are not handed easy mode claims don't go and try for them.  The problem is not the megas.  The problem is casual small groups expecting to get the same things as the megas without putting forth the effort to do it.  You know how many posts we had about 'I cant find land annywherree its all taken!" then that day I'm sailing down in the tundra, population 5, entire islands with no one living there and no claims.... HMMM.  

Then there are the posts about how no megas want to let people build on their land. Also untrue.  Reddit has had a post getting posted almost daily for the last few weeks of one of the megas ASKING for people to come live on their island, complete with built bases and defenses, and get protection and minimal to no tax.  JUST because they need more people to defend the land they can't defend themselves.  i.e. working as intended.

But again, this thread was about beds and the other shit was just responses to other people bringing it up because they are trying to justify the reason for removing a functional and working fast travel system as somehow being tied to the claim and mega problem.  tldr. The beds are not the problem and if anything, they are more of a hindrance to the megas then they are for smaller guilds.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:31 PM, Labs said:

I'd like to see fast travel removed. Make it so you can only spawn on a bed in the zone you are in. 

Mega tribes own all this land and majority of it is empty. They are able to defend empty land because they can port from where ever they are in seconds and be there to defend. Remove that, you remove the amount of land any tribe can own and it would, in my mind, let the little guy have claim and be able to hold it.

Here is why, for obvious clarification, why I assume you are NOT in a mega tribe and therefore, a small one.  This thread started on "remove X working feature to accomodate my specific needs for something else I don't like".  This is pretty much a cookie cutter thread in here where you can just generically replace beds with whatever and add something about small guilds and megas, then a bunch of people jump in with inane comments about how terrible big guilds are and how they are destroying everything, when the reality is far different.

The claim system needs to be tweaked which it is going to be and the devs have clearly stated it.  Removing a functional mechanic (that some people argued to death in this thread over that don't even know how it works) is silly especially when your initial argument was obviously supposed to be in favor of small guilds and against megas, but this change would actually hurt small guilds more, and the current system in place hurts megas more.  

The only valid solution to what you are stating is that they limit the amount of flags a company can put down.  500+ flags is just moronic.  No company needs that much land.  The limit should be like 15 or 20 claim flags, this would also include the stupid water buoys.  That would free up an ungodly amount of land that could now be claimed by smaller companies and force a better system of trade.

More flags = exponentially faster contesting/steal timers = go steal a flag of theirs they are not defending.  If you are unable to do that then it might be time to look for someone who will give you build rights in exchange for tax.

14 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

Here is why, for obvious clarification, why I assume you are NOT in a mega tribe and therefore, a small one.  This thread started on "remove X working feature to accomodate my specific needs for something else I don't like".  This is pretty much a cookie cutter thread in here where you can just generically replace beds with whatever and add something about small guilds and megas, then a bunch of people jump in with inane comments about how terrible big guilds are and how they are destroying everything, when the reality is far different.

The claim system needs to be tweaked which it is going to be and the devs have clearly stated it.  Removing a functional mechanic (that some people argued to death in this thread over that don't even know how it works) is silly especially when your initial argument was obviously supposed to be in favor of small guilds and against megas, but this change would actually hurt small guilds more, and the current system in place hurts megas more.  

if you read what I've said, you'd know the exact size of my guild. Keep trying though. 

13 minutes ago, bitemyass said:

The only valid solution to what you are stating is that they limit the amount of flags a company can put down.  500+ flags is just moronic.  No company needs that much land.  The limit should be like 15 or 20 claim flags, this would also include the stupid water buoys.  That would free up an ungodly amount of land that could now be claimed by smaller companies and force a better system of trade.

removal of fast travel to me, was more than just for the emptiness of lands and how easy it is for mega tribes/alliances to defend them. Even though they can't portal 30 people over in that exact moment, they are able to do so within 15 or so, depending on how many they wanted to bring over. Been in many situations myself with the tribe I was in, while being raided we got cock blocked by this system but it was only a minor inconveniences cuz it was only a matter of time we had everyone back at base. 

the removal of the current fast travel system would also make the game truly feel big because once you have your outposts, ect. You are able to travel pretty fast across this map as we currently do. 

They want to create an economy with this game, have tribes trading, ect. That will fail if tribes are able to gather everything themselves because of fast traveling across the map, ect. Even though you still have to bring it to a central point after, its still a lot father to travel to xx map, get on a boat there, moe the stuff back to the central crafting point. If they remove the fast travel system, it would open up more trading between tribes across the world for resources instead of getting it yourself. There hasn't been 1 thing in this game we needed to trade for yet cuz we have enough stations for up to 4 to 5 different resources.

Plus the claim system as is, is a huge part of how they rank the top guilds in the game right now. As much as I would love to see a overall cap to the claim system, I'm more on the side of removal of the current fast travel system.  

• Like 1

The fast travel system helps out small tribes far more than it would ever hinder a mega tribe.  a small tribe will generally be close to any territory they have claimed, as such they should be able to defend easier.  a mega may have people on the other side of the map that they are trying to coordinate with.  there shouldn't be any ranking in this game to be honest. at least not just based off of how much land you have.  there never should have been any "prize" or "reward" for such either. that was a stupid mechanic to put in.  limiting the amount of territory a company can have would increase the trade factor, the reason for companies to work together, etc.  removing fast travel would do none of this.  all that would do is force the people to be tied down to a specific area and go nowhere else for fear of losing that territory.

1 hour ago, bitemyass said:

The fast travel system helps out small tribes far more than it would ever hinder a mega tribe.  a small tribe will generally be close to any territory they have claimed, as such they should be able to defend easier.  a mega may have people on the other side of the map that they are trying to coordinate with.  there shouldn't be any ranking in this game to be honest. at least not just based off of how much land you have.  there never should have been any "prize" or "reward" for such either. that was a stupid mechanic to put in.  limiting the amount of territory a company can have would increase the trade factor, the reason for companies to work together, etc.  removing fast travel would do none of this.  all that would do is force the people to be tied down to a specific area and go nowhere else for fear of losing that territory.

Why traid if I can fast travel.... where are the big boat battles. Now it is the same as ark with a bit more water. 

If there is no fast traveling then there is more tactics. Company x is attacking company a, ok cool that means there base is weak I as company y attack the base of x. 

Our spies telling big fleet underway. And we going to intercept the fleet.  A battle like Midway.

Fast traveling only in grid not map wide

• Like 2

Get rid of fast travel. I’m in a mega company. I prefer big fights at sea. I don’t give a shit about raiding. Raiding is usually just offline PvP against stone walls. I want people to actually be there to fight back. The main way the devs can force this is by making people truley care about their claims. My company has been top 3 since launch. We sail around and drop claim flags everywhere we go. When we raid(offline or not) we claim because that is how the game ranks companies. I don’t agree with this.

Gold should be the measure of any pirate’s wealth/power. If my company wants to hire a smaller one to go greif a group then it should cost my company gold to do. Fast travelling is an easy mode way of playing this game. It detracts from the fear of dying in PvP. If my company wants to pvp then we should need to play to live. Not just play to win.

The Chinese run out naked and try to punch players to death and die in so many times I can’t count. There is no penalty in the game for that because the know they can just fast travel or respawn easily. 

A lot of people in this thread have a lot of good ideas. 

• Like 1