Labs

Just an idea - Beds, fast travel, remove it - helping the little tribe

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

Like others have said, removing fast travel is not a solution. A good claiming system is the solution to many problems.

Not getting into the claiming system discussion here (which I by the way like in it's targeted concept), though it's a topic of it's own.

Removing fast travel / limit spawn options per zone would indeed though reduce a lot problems caused by mega companies, so I disagree:

I've played in both a company of 80 to 100 active people at launch and then since a few weeks with 5 friends as a small company because I wanted a change. As a mega company all we did was claim as many islands as possible in different grids, not even necessarily connected. If we got raided --> 30 ppl spawn in beds next to gear boxes - no smaller company stands a chance. Same for raiding. In the beginning we were still sailing pirate style, fully geared with 10 people per ship through 4 zones waiting to arrive at the raid. Later on, more or less one guy sailed a boat with 30 boxes full of gear there and at 9pm everyone spawned in, dropping their treasure hunts or farming mats runs on the other end of the Atlas map and annihilated some poor sod after fast travelling and gear equipping again).
From the perspective of a small company and from the game experience that I would personally want for this game, I have to say: THIS IS NOT FAIR nor the way it should be. This shouldnt be CS GO where you log in for 10 min of annihilating someone's base, weeks worth of farming, simply because you can, or better said your 100 buddies can, because you gain an unfair advantage over ppl without the numbers. As of now you (devs) didn't create a system where the amount of land equals the amount of force you need to have to "colonize it" and defend it, but where having the bigger stick - even by an inch - means you can have everything and the rest of the playerbase scraps.

My solution / suggestion:

In the other thread about this topic, it was proposed (as mentioned above) to remove fast travel, limit it to spawning to the same zone (no matter if ship or land bed) AND a "home" bed / zone of your choosing if you die in your current zone without anymore beds (cause they get destroyed or whatever).

This would mean you actually need to travel (sail!) over grids to get somewhere - this is an exploration game with combat, not  CS or PUBG, so for 10 min drop in action go play something else.
This would mean you can't respawn on the next ship of your mega company in the adjacent 20 zones when yours got sunk but "home" - which is imo how it should be.

This would solve overblown landclaims and help reduce "empty" territory claims. Large companies still will have their several or even dozen islands, but need to spread out their memberbase over them to govern and defend them, as well considering attacks more wisely, as you might leave your many claims undefended and can't just jump back and forth with all your available members.

[Edited for typos]

Edited by Tr4ckz
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tr4ckz said:

Not getting into the claiming system discussion here (which I by the way like in it's targeted concept), though it's a thread of it's own.

Removing fast travel / limit spawn options per zone would indeed though reduce a lot problems caused by mega companies, so I disagree:

I've played in both a company of 80 to 100 active people at launch and since a few weeks with 5 friends as a small company because I wanted a change. As a mega company all people did is claim as many islands as possible in different grids, not even neccisarily connected. If we got raided --> 30 ppl spawn in beds next to gear boxed - no smaller company stands a chance. Same for raiding. In the beginning we were still sailing pirate style fully geared with 10 people per ship through 4 zones waiting to arrive at the raid. Later one guys sailed one boat with gear there and at 9pm everyone spawned in, dropping their treasure hunts or farming mats runs on the other end of the Atlas map and annihilated some poor sod after fast travelling and gear equipping again).
From the perspective of a small company and from the game experience that I want for this game, I have to say: THIS IS NOT FAIR nor the way it should be. This shouldnt be CS go where you "drop in" for 10 min of annihilating someone's base, simply because you can, or better said your 100 buddies can because you gain an unfair advantage over ppl without the numbers. You don't create a system were the amount of land equals the amount of force you have to "colonize it" and defend it, but where having the bigger stick even by an inch means you can have everything and the rest scraps.

In the other thread about this topic, it was proposed (as mentionned above) to remove fast travel, limit it to spawning to the same zone (no matter if ship or land bed) AND a "home" bed / zone of your choosing if you die in your current zone without anymore beds (cause they get destroyed or whatever).

This would mean you actually need to travel over grids to get somewhere - this is an exploration game with combat, not PUBG, for 10 min drop in action play something else.
This would mean you can't respawn on the next ship of your mega company in the adjacent 20 zones when yours got sunk but "home" - that's how it should be.

This would solve overblown landclaims and help reduce "empty" territory claims. Large companies still will have their several or even dozen islands, but need to spread out their memberbase over them to govern and defend them, as well considering attacks more wisely, as you might leave your many claims undefended and can't just jump back and forth with all your available members.

Wish I can like this x100 more times

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tr4ckz said:

Not getting into the claiming system discussion here (which I by the way like in it's targeted concept), though it's a topic of it's own.

I've played in both a company of 80 to 100 active people at launch and then since a few weeks with 5 friends as a small company because I wanted a change. As a mega company all we did was claim as many islands as possible in different grids, not even necessarily connected. If we got raided --> 30 ppl spawn in beds next to gear boxes - no smaller company stands a chance. Same for raiding. In the beginning we were still sailing pirate style, fully geared with 10 people per ship through 4 zones waiting to arrive at the raid. Later on, more or less one guy sailed a boat with 30 boxes full of gear there and at 9pm everyone spawned in, dropping their treasure hunts or farming mats runs on the other end of the Atlas map and annihilated some poor sod after fast travelling and gear equipping again).
From the perspective of a small company and from the game experience that I would personally want for this game, I have to say: THIS IS NOT FAIR nor the way it should be. This shouldnt be CS GO where you log in for 10 min of annihilating someone's base, weeks worth of farming, simply because you can, or better said your 100 buddies can, because you gain an unfair advantage over ppl without the numbers. As of now you (devs) didn't create a system where the amount of land equals the amount of force you need to have to "colonize it" and defend it, but where having the bigger stick - even by an inch - means you can have everything and the rest of the playerbase scraps.

In the other thread about this topic, it was proposed (as mentioned above) to remove fast travel, limit it to spawning to the same zone (no matter if ship or land bed) AND a "home" bed / zone of your choosing if you die in your current zone without anymore beds (cause they get destroyed or whatever).

This would mean you actually need to travel (sail!) over grids to get somewhere - this is an exploration game with combat, not  CS or PUBG, so for 10 min drop in action go play something else.
This would mean you can't respawn on the next ship of your mega company in the adjacent 20 zones when yours got sunk but "home" - which is imo how it should be.

[Edited for typos]

If you've played in big companies you would know its not possible to have 30 people spawn into another server grids. There is a hard limit thats really small and a LONG timer before the next set can go, specifically to avoid this sort of thing.

I play in a medium to smallish company, we own 2 islands and are the largest guild in our server.  Mega tribes are not nearly the problem everyone makes them out to be and 90% of these silly ass posts are people in tiny groups who are the 'have nots' just whining because they want things given to them without the work associated.  If you don't want to form a larger guild to be able to TAKE the land claims, don't want to try to merge with other guilds, don't want to make alliances, think everyone is entitled to having land claims, etc.  If you are unable to take a land claim in allllll the open and undefended claims everywhere then you probably don't deserve to have one anyway.  Just like if you cant put the time in to build, use and lose a galleon you probably shouldn't be sailing one.  

This is a game of conquest, war, politics and deception.  You don't NEED to own claims to enjoy it nor do megas prevent you from doing all the normal game play things.  You can farm mats, gold, etc regardless of who owns it, you can ask permission if you don't want to risk being sneaky, you can go to lawless and freeports for mats,  you can dig gold pretty easily as well and most companies will let you because they get a cut on the taxes.  What you CANT do is own land claims if you're too small to take one from someone else through some means and tax someone else.  There are tons and tons of undefended claims out there if you look.  We run across them every single day just sailing around waging war on a nearby alliance.  We've had claims stick in the middle of damn near empty islands for a week with none of us even going there before the enemy notices and takes it back.  

You can make alliances with the mega alliances.  They have nice 'no hit list' spreadsheets of alllllll the guilds that are part of the alliance but outside the in game limited alliance system.  They also offer up places for smaller guilds to live on their claims if you want to build.  Just about all the big alliances do it.  But again, small guys just want to own a claim for 2 people and not pay taxes.  Fighting the system with entitlement they can't back up with game play.

tl;dr this isn't nearly as big of an issue as people love to make it out to be.  

1 hour ago, mndfreeze said:

If you've played in big companies you would know its not possible to have 30 people spawn into another server grids. There is a hard limit thats really small and a LONG timer before the next set can go, specifically to avoid this sort of thing.

I don't know where you getting that from, but at least in early January it was safely possible to have 20 to 30 people transfer in half an hour to a single grid. So whatever "hard limit" you are talking about, I've never encountered that.

Meanwhile the rest of your post is more or less completely obscurring the topic and missing the point. What most people are saying who are advocating a fast travel removal is that a feature like this renders having a large world with space in between and a territory concept useless, as it makes it possible to move your "army" anywhere around the globe in an instant. All these features you claim to be supported like alliances and politics... you are actually irradicating them like this. We are in defensive alliances with all our neighbouring islands right now. Being 20 people online and allied doesn't help though, if you are being attacked by someone who  can have a whole army drop in with a single message...
And the reality is that most larger land claims are held by major companies, specifically NOT welcoming smaller companies for taxation and so on. We've only encountered that on "smaller" more diverse company grids.
And all I've experienced from top10 tribes so far was either disregard towards small companies or seeing them as prey. Politics only happened between the "big guys" in my corner of the world right now and not in a manor that smaller companies are welcomed as tax payers or subjects if you will. All supported by the current fast travel system to close the argument.

• Like 1

Labs I'm  with you on this, make it hard it's a survival  game with pirates I play this and eve online  I'm in a alliance of 27k people in eve online  yes we jump clone to other systems  but yet instead we watch timers and mobilize massive war fleets and destroy everything in our way to reinforce a structure you have a massive  company  cool it shouldn't be hard to mobilize  and protect your lands like real gamers would. fast travel is lazy and a cowards way. respawning is a super easy fix. Respawn in that zone you died in. if your bed got destroyed  and then you can either respawn at Freeport or another grid that you have a bed in. All I see when people saying let's not remove fast travel  well you are complaining and in truth your company is weak. I rather them remove this feature of fast travel it free up the servers of loading issues than use it

Edited by Fafnir
  • Like 1

Here has been my experience with the large mega tribes, most are looking for people to defend their land claims. Coming in and trying to steal them is an act of war and will most likely be defended against and that is true of most companies large and small. If you talk to the company admins and try diplomacy you will find that some are reasonable and will allocate you some land to build on and some are more generous and will allow you to own said land and others will allow you to claim sections of land containing resources. Some will view you as farming slaves others as allies to watch their back and help them hold there territory and will help you defend yours. There are far too many cry babies that want to be able to come in on day one build a ship sail off and claim a section of land in contested. There is a place for that it’s called a PVE server although I have no experience with playing on one it does sound like the current mechanics aren’t ideal for that gameplay. PVP on the other hand I really see very few issues other than being able to close up gaps in claims. On the NA PVP server there are large amounts of abandoned claims and claims that the companies cannot affectively defend because either they claimed it during a battle and haven’t been able to recruit enough members to staff it or they have had member losses that spread them too thin. In either case most are willing to fill those voids with good players that are willing to step up and defend the territory and help watch their back. 

14 hours ago, wildbill said:

Ya, like I said, try and explain why spawning on your bed is so complicated to the new player while they rage quit 🙂

A new player is not going to have more than one ship, maybe one bed somewhere on the map.

Much simpler to just leave fast travel alone. Fast travel is not the problem, it is the age old problem of mega tribes dominating over smaller tribes.

Honestly, I wouldn't care at all if they would make a change like this to only PvP servers, but I know how it goes, PvP players complain, and then it is changed for all server types whether it is relevant to PvE or not, which really sucks in my opinion. Of course the opposite also happens. PvE players compain and they also change the feature for PvP servers.

A new player wont be traveling to multiple zones until he is established.

Remove or limit fast travel, DON'T fix the claim system or avoid big companies to have more land.

Fast travel it's the only way that small companies and lonely-wolf players have to travel, explore, gather resources and more from a huge distance. For example, it cost me a lot to sail across 6 or 7 servers with my sloop, to find ONE spot in a different lawless zones, to build a 4x4 base, and gather resources that i don't have in my other base. So, eventually, i'm gathering resources in one zone, and then, save all those resources, go to fast travel to the other base, gather different resources, and took my sloop and sail back to my other base. I save 1 journey, and like 2 hours of saling simulator.

So, Next idea please. 👌

Edited by JotaCe
  • Like 1

I disagree within a week I had multiple beds in different servers so I could respawn in the areas I was exploring trying to decide where I wanted to setup shop and got to know some of the people playing in those areas. 

Edited by natclanwy

9 hours ago, Labs said:

Once again, someone trying to defend their stance with false facts. Don't assume I'm a new player, and don't assume I don't own land, because both of your assumptions are wrong. 
Please come back to this conversation when you have actual facts to state why my stance is rubbish instead of false assumptions. 

if you actually read anything that was stated in this conversation you'd see that someone brought up that you should be able to fast travel between boats. Which is something I agree with as well.

you want fast travel removed BUT LEFT  on boats ? u need to make your mind up as if its not removed on boats then all that happens is boats will be placed all over map even more so than they are now , 

make your mind up and stick to it ,it cant be removed but left on boats , it cant be removed and left to choose spawn on death , its either in or out , 

fast travel needs to stay for players to be able to fast travel to their vatious outposts instead of spending 100's of tedious noring hours sailing from grid 1 to grid 15 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tr4ckz said:

I don't know where you getting that from, but at least in early January it was safely possible to have 20 to 30 people transfer in half an hour to a single grid. So whatever "hard limit" you are talking about, I've never encountered that.

Meanwhile the rest of your post is more or less completely obscurring the topic and missing the point. What most people are saying who are advocating a fast travel removal is that a feature like this renders having a large world with space in between and a territory concept useless, as it makes it possible to move your "army" anywhere around the globe in an instant. All these features you claim to be supported like alliances and politics... you are actually irradicating them like this. We are in defensive alliances with all our neighbouring islands right now. Being 20 people online and allied doesn't help though, if you are being attacked by someone who  can have a whole army drop in with a single message...
And the reality is that most larger land claims are held by major companies, specifically NOT welcoming smaller companies for taxation and so on. We've only encountered that on "smaller" more diverse company grids.
And all I've experienced from top10 tribes so far was either disregard towards small companies or seeing them as prey. Politics only happened between the "big guys" in my corner of the world right now and not in a manor that smaller companies are welcomed as tax payers or subjects if you will. All supported by the current fast travel system to close the argument.

"possible to move your "army" anywhere around the globe in an instant."

Except you can't.  Go ahead and try it.  By all means post a video of 30 people trying to all rush another grid via fast travel.  You can TRICKLE into another grid slowly over time, you most definitely cannot just fast travel an army instantly.  You are inflating your numbers I imagine due to lack of actual experience trying to do it.  It's not possible.  We've had issues moving just a handful of people to another grid.  Know how we found out?  Doing the fountain of youth.  We sent a few boats there to park and tried to get about 20 people over there.  It took FOREVER for those beds to open up.  It literally locks out spawns on ANY BED OUTSIDE OF THE SERVER YOU ARE ON, even if you die once a few people have crossed border lines.  This is SPECIFICALLY to address the issues you claim to exist.  Like most of the small guild posts I see in here, its based on incorrect information, assumption and hyperbole.

And  your reality is only that, your specific reality. My reality has been the opposite of what your experiencing.  I'm not in a mega either and we've had no issues allying with our server, taking land, raiding people, joining bigger alliances and small alliances, giving and receiving build privs, or taxation.  If the people around you suck perhaps it's time to move or join up with the other small people who also have issues with them and go to war.   We war with some pretty big alliances all by ourselves every day.  We literally send out 5 people and do insane damage and get raided in return.  During those raids we drop claims (and have claims dropped against us) and shockingly like I said those mega corps don't actually have the numbers you think they do and if you are smart you could easily take claims from them, fortify and withstand their assaults.  

The fast travel system is fine.  It has important uses beyond just raid defense and isn't nearly as useful for raiding as people make it out to be.  If you are raiding someone else it's a lot more effective to send ships and war parties with supplies, take land and make a FOB in the server  you want to attack than it is to just teleport across the map with no gear.  As for defense, the devs clearly stated that they will always side with the defenders and having bed spawns all around your land is part of that.  If you can't figure out how to raid someone, remove their beds and take a claim then you probably aren't good enough to hold it anyway and should stay on lawless.

45 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

"possible to move your "army" anywhere around the globe in an instant."

Except you can't.  Go ahead and try it.  By all means post a video of 30 people trying to all rush another grid via fast travel.  You can TRICKLE into another grid slowly over time, you most definitely cannot just fast travel an army instantly.  You are inflating your numbers I imagine due to lack of actual experience trying to do it.  It's not possible.  We've had issues moving just a handful of people to another grid.  Know how we found out?  Doing the fountain of youth.  We sent a few boats there to park and tried to get about 20 people over there.  It took FOREVER for those beds to open up.  It literally locks out spawns on ANY BED OUTSIDE OF THE SERVER YOU ARE ON, even if you die once a few people have crossed border lines.  This is SPECIFICALLY to address the issues you claim to exist.  Like most of the small guild posts I see in here, its based on incorrect information, assumption and hyperbole.

And  your reality is only that, your specific reality. My reality has been the opposite of what your experiencing.  I'm not in a mega either and we've had no issues allying with our server, taking land, raiding people, joining bigger alliances and small alliances, giving and receiving build privs, or taxation.  If the people around you suck perhaps it's time to move or join up with the other small people who also have issues with them and go to war.   We war with some pretty big alliances all by ourselves every day.  We literally send out 5 people and do insane damage and get raided in return.  During those raids we drop claims (and have claims dropped against us) and shockingly like I said those mega corps don't actually have the numbers you think they do and if you are smart you could easily take claims from them, fortify and withstand their assaults.  

The fast travel system is fine.  It has important uses beyond just raid defense and isn't nearly as useful for raiding as people make it out to be.  If you are raiding someone else it's a lot more effective to send ships and war parties with supplies, take land and make a FOB in the server  you want to attack than it is to just teleport across the map with no gear.  As for defense, the devs clearly stated that they will always side with the defenders and having bed spawns all around your land is part of that.  If you can't figure out how to raid someone, remove their beds and take a claim then you probably aren't good enough to hold it anyway and should stay on lawless.

You might not be able to drop 30 people in one travel but it doesn't take long to get that 30 people over even with the cooldowns. You are by far over exaggerating how hard it actually is to portal that many people over. Probably due to being in a mega tribe that has the endless amounts of land and can only defend it because of the current fast travel system. 

I used to play in a active 50 man primetime tribe. We had no issues fast travelling people over within about 30 mins or so when we needed to get the majority of people over to defend an actual base raid. As for raiding others we had no issues abusing the system(within legal means) on being able to move that many people over in one go. I will not share our means of that though 😉 as we still use it but I can promise you we can have our full tribe over to a base within minutes. 

If they want to keep the current claim system, then the only way to let the smaller tribes and stop this endless emptiness of land that is trending is to change the fast travel. 

Edited by Labs

I literally just said I'm not in a mega tribe.  

Going to have to just call bullshit on the rest of your claims.  

2 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

I literally just said I'm not in a mega tribe.  

Going to have to just call bullshit on the rest of your claims. 

Did you type that while sitting alt tabbed in your mega tribes base? 

Found the 12 year old.

Continue on with your lies and hyperbole young child I'm sure it will get you far.

Just an idea - Ignore this thread .

From what i see , OP problem is that he can't find a land due to flag have long timer and people live there .

Go find a place where you can rent and not all island is claimed .

Why not just make it so you can’t spawn in a remote bed that’s far away from your current grid unless another member of your company is in close proximity to it (5 tiles away) that would mean if you weren’t already in the “fight” you can’t just respawn and fight immediately unless your team “holds the ground” near your spawns.

This may mean a mega company will have 5,10, whatever number of people spawn in to combat assuming one of their players is in proximity to the bed. But if a smaller company is better at PvP they should technically have a chance to  win if they kill all the bed campers on the other team. 

This idea in conjunction with respawn timers on beds will give the actual impression that you are “winning the fight due to spawn attrition” rather than fighting a never ending Zerg that can spawn on 10+ beds around you without any end in sight. 

If you lose the fight in PvP you shouldn’t just have to wait 1 minute to respawn. It should have an actual effect on the flow of a fight rather than just sitting there spamming respawn.

When you die in PVP you get a respawn timer that grows larger and larger every time you die.  So technically it does affect the flow of the fight and you can't just respawn in an endless zerg.  There was (is?) a bug with it though where if you die to a PVE creature it resets the pvp timer for your next death.  Not sure if they fixed that yet or not though.  You still can't use death to cheat the server crossing limit though as it locks out beds all the same whether you fast travel via bed click or die and try to spawn elsewhere.

If you make it so people can't spawn to remote beds then people will be even less prone to leave their base and the turtle more than they already do.  Really the bed spawning is fine and OP just doesn't understand all the mechanics, is in a small tribe that doesn't want to put the work into finding a claim they can steal, etc.

The current mechanics of spawning/teleporting is actually in the small groups favors and altering it or removing it would just be a bigger boon to the large guilds, who can amass a force of geared people and boats easier.  Many large and medium guilds are really just a bunch of small groups of friends who do their own thing and just join in on the overall bigger wars so most pvp is like 5 dudes on a boat or two going raiding.  Making it harder for small groups to move around would mean people would be less inclined to do it unless its for maximum reward and would start going in large groups with mass ships.  So now those 5 guys is 50 guys and they are going to wipe your island clean instead of just go pvp and sink a few ships and run away or die.

6 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

You are inflating your numbers I imagine due to lack of actual experience trying to do it.  It's not possible.  We've had issues moving just a handful of people to another grid.  Know how we found out?  Doing the fountain of youth.  We sent a few boats there to park and tried to get about 20 people over there.  It took FOREVER for those beds to open up.  It literally locks out spawns on ANY BED OUTSIDE OF THE SERVER YOU ARE ON, even if you die once a few people have crossed border lines.  This is SPECIFICALLY to address the issues you claim to exist.  Like most of the small guild posts I see in here, its based on incorrect information, assumption and hyperbole.

Busy the last days, so here my belated reply to that: As stated my actual (!) experience is from early January and numbers between 20 to 30 people.
Of course we haven't pop them all in, within 30 sec, but a manner of minutes. ANd of course you don't do that on a single bed. We had two schooners leveled on accomodations only with a dozen or more beds on it, just for that purpose.
About the FOY example of yours I can either only imagine that you had but one or two beds (CD on beds go up if someone spawns in them, no matter if same player or additional personal PVP timer), so that might be an explanation. Otherwise there might be a limitation regarding server cap, which was constantly exceeded on the first day of FOY introduction and respective zones.

I'm not really gonna get into the haggeling afterwards between you guys in this post about the details, but the essence of my post remains: removing fast travel would benefit the game experience a lot and reduce problems of "empty" lands.

And the situation which some posters have stated as an advantage of the fast travel, having "farming bases" all over, is exactly part of what I consider a problem. Why should you have farming bases which you jump in between and long distances, if you don't actually live there most of the time but go there twice a week in total for an hour or two in total?

In my current "small tribe" situation (sorry for the ARK term), we have 80% of the needed resources on our island and for the missing other 20% we need to go on specific farming runs over 1 to 2 grids and fill up our cargo ship, go allied islands which have the needed resources, farm there and come back once a week. And that's imho how it should be... No empty base duplication, cause you can artifically jump over there.

Edited by Tr4ckz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

Just an idea - Ignore this thread .

From what i see , OP problem is that he can't find a land due to flag have long timer and people live there .

Go find a place where you can rent and not all island is claimed .

doing very well with our plot of lands, thank you very much. Try again though. 

2 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Found the 12 year old.

Continue on with your lies and hyperbole young child I'm sure it will get you far.

coming from the guy that has been skim reading peoples comments or just ignoring the things they say, making assumptions of what they have when they have stated it already. Just was making a few comments like you are sir. Gets a tad annoying when people don't read a thing you type but yet comment on the thread. 

45 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

When you die in PVP you get a respawn timer that grows larger and larger every time you die.  So technically it does affect the flow of the fight and you can't just respawn in an endless zerg.  There was (is?) a bug with it though where if you die to a PVE creature it resets the pvp timer for your next death.  Not sure if they fixed that yet or not though.  You still can't use death to cheat the server crossing limit though as it locks out beds all the same whether you fast travel via bed click or die and try to spawn elsewhere.

the things you bring up are absolutely in the game but they are nothing more than a minor inconveniences.   

Some of the biggest complaints that go on with this game is waking up to boats being destroyed, not being able to get land, and the bugs. They are trying to fix the boat issue with todays patch(will see how well it works) but they still need to fix the land issue. With the way things are going there will be no game for anyone to play. Please tell me what you think needs to happen, from where I stand you are just defending means of defending for mega tribes. So please, instead of saying how wrong this idea is, please give us something that would fix this issue.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tr4ckz said:

Busy the last days, so here my belated reply to that: As stated my actual (!) experience is from early January and numbers between 20 to 30 people.
Of course we haven't pop them all in, within 30 sec, but a manner of minutes. ANd of course you don't do that on a single bed. We had two schooners leveled on accomodations only with a dozen or more beds on it, just for that purpose.
About the FOY example of yours I can either only imagine that you had but one or two beds (CD on beds go up if someone spawns in them, no matter if same player or additional personal PVP timer), so that might be an explanation. Otherwise there might be a limitation regarding server cap, which was constantly exceeded on the first day of FOY introduction and respective zones.

I'm not really gonna get into the haggeling afterwards between you guys in this post about the details, but the essence of my post remains: removing fast travel would benefit the game experience a lot and reduce problems of "empty" lands.

And the situation which some posters have stated as an advantage of the fast travel, having "farming bases" all over, is exactly part of what I consider a problem. Why should you have farming bases which you jump in between and long distances, if you don't actually live there most of the time but go there twice a week in total for an hour or two in total?

In my current "small tribe" situation (sorry for the ARK term), we have 80% of the needed resources on our island and for the missing other 20% we need to go on specific farming runs over 1 to 2 grids and fill up our cargo ship, go allied islands which have the needed resources, farm there and come back once a week. And that's imho how it should be... No empty base duplication, cause you can artifically jump over there.

The number of beds has nothing to do with the server transfer timer.  It locks out ALL BEDS OUTSIDE OF THE REGION YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN and even puts up a message about the company travel limit being exceeded.  You are just making shit up at this point.  It doesn't matter if you have 30 galleons all maxed out on accommodations.  Additionally the cool down for re spawning for pvp in the same server is separate from the cross server transfer spawning.  Server cap also has nothing to do with it because we have the same issue when trying to spawn back home, to our nearly empty server of average ~15 people when leaving whatever we are doing.   By all means try it again if you actually believe what you are saying.  Take some video and lets see it.  I know for a fact you are completely wrong here because I deal with this issue every few days.  You can only spawn a few people across server lines (either by bed or by death) before it locks the beds out with somewhere around a 4 to 5 minute timer, then another one can spawn, then locked again, then another one, then locked again.  It is in the game specifically to stop big guilds from mass spawning onto islands to raid them.  It's literally rate limiting for it.

As for the farming bases, go take them if you don't think they should own em or can defend em.  If they don't live there then defenses will be weak and you should have minimal issues if you do it right.  They won't get notifications if you destroy their walls unless they are actively watching their company log.  Cannon bear your way in, destroy their beds, put a claim flag, profit.  Easy peasy.

2 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

The number of beds has nothing to do with the server transfer timer.  It locks out ALL BEDS OUTSIDE OF THE REGION YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN and even puts up a message about the company travel limit being exceeded.  You are just making shit up at this point.  It doesn't matter if you have 30 galleons all maxed out on accommodations.  Additionally the cool down for re spawning for pvp in the same server is separate from the cross server transfer spawning.  Server cap also has nothing to do with it because we have the same issue when trying to spawn back home, to our nearly empty server of average ~15 people when leaving whatever we are doing.   By all means try it again if you actually believe what you are saying.  Take some video and lets see it.  I know for a fact you are completely wrong here because I deal with this issue every few days.  You can only spawn a few people across server lines (either by bed or by death) before it locks the beds out with somewhere around a 4 to 5 minute timer, then another one can spawn, then locked again, then another one, then locked again.  It is in the game specifically to stop big guilds from mass spawning onto islands to raid them.  It's literally rate limiting for it.

As for the farming bases, go take them if you don't think they should own em or can defend em.  If they don't live there then defenses will be weak and you should have minimal issues if you do it right.  They won't get notifications if you destroy their walls unless they are actively watching their company log.  Cannon bear your way in, destroy their beds, put a claim flag, profit.  Easy peasy.

And you are more than welcome to show a video of not being able to transfer over your entire guild within 15-30 mins. Like I said before. Never stayed the systems you say are in the game arent. I've clearly said time and time again that they are nothing more than a minor inconveniences. 

If things in this game have been so smooth, why do we see forums and reddt flooded with issues like land claiming, ect. All you are doing is trying to disprove that there is no issue when the facts show there clearly is. 

19 minutes ago, Labs said:

the things you bring up are absolutely in the game but they are nothing more than a minor inconveniences.   

Some of the biggest complaints that go on with this game is waking up to boats being destroyed, not being able to get land, and the bugs. They are trying to fix the boat issue with todays patch(will see how well it works) but they still need to fix the land issue. With the way things are going there will be no game for anyone to play. Please tell me what you think needs to happen, from where I stand you are just defending means of defending for mega tribes. So please, instead of saying how wrong this idea is, please give us something that would fix this issue.  

I don't think the claim system is that bad.  Unlike most of the people who post the kind of threads demanding megas be disbanded and they should be handed everything on a platter because they refused to play with more than 3 people we actually learned how to make the mechanics work for us.  Claims could use some tweaks, some better incentives perhaps, but they are not the end all massive enemy the children on this forum want to make it out to be, just like beds are not the end all terrible issue, because just like this bed thread, its someone with a skewed viewpoint who doesn't even understand the mechanics complaining about it.

Getting your boats offlined sucks.  Happens to us every single day.  We built an array of puckle towers at the foot of each boat and that has worked out pretty well.  Now, if we can do it in a fairly smallish-medium group, why can't everyone else?  But yeah, boats were too weak too guerrilla tactics, which, sadly for the small guys, is BETTER for the megas with this patch.  They just made it even harder for the small guy to fight back. Hurray or something.

A tiny group will NEVER be able to play on an even field with a larger group, no matter what changes are made.  24 hour survival games that are resource based run purely on player attrition.  Those who can be on more, doing more, win, the end.  No amount of claim change will fix that. No amount of removing bed spawns, no amount of raid protection.  I also don't feel that just because someone refuses to join a larger group and insists on playing in a smaller group that they should be given special benefits or favors to 'help them compete'.  This is a competitive pvp game. People who play it better should be "winning".  Playing it better in Atlas's case is running a bigger guild, joining an alliance, working together to slaughter your enemies, owning more land, taxing more small guilds who are not able to do this.

All I can say is it worked back then, though I specifically emphasized that my info is several weeks old. How about not calling BS about everything first, but consider changes have been made instead? That would help a discussion much more that borderline insulting everyone else.
Back to topic: so the point of "instantly" spawning in seems to be fixed then (apologies for outdated info). I presume a "trickle" will still work though, which still makes it possible in some manners to jump around on the map and not predictable army movements.

Your point about the farming bases is that typical view from a position of power. Most small companies don't have the resources to just try conquer something, as you have a 50:50 chance it is actually someone's proper base or part of an alliance willing to defend it. And if you start out and don't have land to settle, loosing even a schooner hurts way too much to risk it.
And you get the notification as soon as someone tries to claim it. Even if that goes through, the 50:50 chance remainsthat you will be killed again (having nothing to defend as you start out) and it's all gone the next day.
So again you are missing the point: it's not about being able to being lucky to snatch something from someone, for a few people that might work. It's about land being artifically scarce because there are useless. mostly unused bases all over which can only be kept alive because people can fast travel. Try to stick to the issue please