hiddenftw

new quetzal in atlas

I understand its EA but lets be honest elepfants bug out of boat and keep going up in the sky till it just vanish 🙂

2F0FA534B7C7B57544CA0D1D798BDEFDB3F74CF7

A487027BA79C47AC978EB79CEC22537E0D845ED8

• Like 1

Deja vu. Someone posted an almost identical picture like this a couple of weeks ago. This really needs to be fixed.

I think most agree this happens when you use the radial menu "move to ship" sometimes, although it has never happened to me, mine just disappear and less than 30 seconds later I get a death message.

I don't use that menu anymore, I just get on the ship, then whistle follow (T) and the tame follows me up to the deck of the ship.

• Thanks 1

yesterday I moved a bear into schooner never saw him again just vanished . today changing server to L11 got a error when I come back 1 plank get destroyed and from behind sotd . so I replace the plank to don't aggro the sotd and I start sail he just went in heaven within 1 min XD

I never got a death message also not on logs aswell

Edited by hiddenftw

49 minutes ago, hiddenftw said:

I understand its EA but lets be honest elepfants bug out of boat and keep going up in the sky till it just vanish 🙂

2F0FA534B7C7B57544CA0D1D798BDEFDB3F74CF7

A487027BA79C47AC978EB79CEC22537E0D845ED8

Its just a cross-promotion that Grapeshot Games has going on with the new Dumbo movie coming out. Next stage is we get to play while completely hammered and seeing pink elephants, with racist crows yelling at us the whole time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

Its just a cross-promotion that Grapeshot Games has going on with the new Dumbo movie coming out. Next stage is we get to play while completely hammered and seeing pink elephants, with racist crows yelling at us the whole time.

I think you are thinking they may change the rabbits to be more like this:

Same happened with my bear about 2 weeks ago, it's nothing new. I was sailing on the boat and all of a sudden my bear bounces up and down until it gets so high in the sky you can't see it, it floats off into the distance.

Still don't know what happened to it to this day but there is no death in the log, poor thing will be starving. 

51 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I think you are thinking they may change the rabbits to be more like this:

If the treasure maps are guarded by skeleton knights who say Ni, I may actually do some.

55 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

If the treasure maps are guarded by skeleton knights who say Ni, I may actually do some.

LOL, that would be so funny if you encountered the Nights that say Ni instead of the army of the dead 🙂

Really though, would be more interesting to do the maps if there were different kinds of defenders instead of just more and higher level ones for the higher level maps.

I wonder..... The Atlas servers function just like the ARK servers for NPCs and creatures;  if they’re not in render distance for somebody, then they’re in hibernation.

Since the only flying mount is the drake, it’s possible that up in the sky, out of render range, there are dozens of tames just sitting there, waiting, They won’t starve because they’re in hibernation, which may be why you don’t see the message of their death in the logs.

Anybody got 40,000 gold to test this theory? Actually, next double gold event I may just do a bunch of treasure maps to try this myself. Kuma, our bear, may be saved yet!

Edited by Salty Del
Autocorrect thought I meant games instead of tames. And tried to do it again in the edit.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Salty Del said:

I wonder..... The Atlas servers function just like the ARK servers for NPCs and creatures;  if they’re not in render distance for somebody, then they’re in hibernation.

Since the only flying mount is the drake, it’s possible that up in the sky, out of render range, there are dozens of tames just sitting there, waiting, They won’t starve because they’re in hibernation, which may be why you don’t see the message of their death in the logs.

Anybody got 40,000 gold to test this theory? Actually, next double gold event I may just do a bunch of treasure maps to try this myself. Kuma, our bear, may be saved yet!

Alternately, it could trigger them all to come out of hibernation and gravity effect them again. Its rainin' tames, hallelujah!

• Haha 1

So, a theory on what is happening. Few years back in Ark, there was an issue where tames would randomly fall into/through the mesh and drown. If you caught them when they were only partway through, you could pull them out, but once they went all the way through, it was solid, so they were screwed. 

I'm guessing they implemented a system where if they were sinking through the mesh, or in some cases a structure, the game would go into a loop, popping them up higher and higher til they were out of the mesh. Something is screwy with the detection side, though, and the 'standing on solid surface' detection never kicks in, or detects correctly in some cases, so the game keeps popping them up higher and higher, until, I assume, they hit the ceiling.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeatSammich said:

So, a theory on what is happening. Few years back in Ark, there was an issue where tames would randomly fall into/through the mesh and drown. If you caught them when they were only partway through, you could pull them out, but once they went all the way through, it was solid, so they were screwed. 

I'm guessing they implemented a system where if they were sinking through the mesh, or in some cases a structure, the game would go into a loop, popping them up higher and higher til they were out of the mesh. Something is screwy with the detection side, though, and the 'standing on solid surface' detection never kicks in, or detects correctly in some cases, so the game keeps popping them up higher and higher, until, I assume, they hit the ceiling.

Yes, this is my theory too. 

Also what kills them is I think there must be code to kill stuff that is under (or over) the mesh. People are getting killed using climbing picks. I think they are going through the mess and the game kills them, similar to what happens to these tames. I'm sure it is there to prevent exploits, but at the same time, it is killing stuff where it should just be moving them to a valid location.