Sign in to follow this  
ljbendele

Lighthouse buff to adress offline raiding

Lighthouse would give buffs to any ship in x range that reduces fire damage by 99% and explosive barrel damage by 99%. 

one lighthouse allowed per land claim

ship cannons could still damage ships  allowing any sinking of ships to be logged. 

enemy players would have to destroy lighthouse first to be able to offline anchored ships with the buff. 

this solution would make it take more effort and energy to offline raid ships without nerfing oil pots, barrels and grenades

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Wow, its actually nice idea m8. It would totally help to solve this offline bullshit. 

Edited by Willard

2 hours ago, ljbendele said:

Lighthouse would give buffs to any ship in x range that reduces fire damage by 99% and explosive barrel damage by 99%. 

one lighthouse allowed per land claim

ship cannons could still damage ships  allowing any sinking of ships to be logged. 

enemy players would have to destroy lighthouse first to be able to offline anchored ships with the buff. 

this solution would make it take more effort and energy to offline raid ships without nerfing oil pots, barrels and grenades

Not saying this is a good or bad idea but per claim is a bit much.

maybe so, but also have to remember most guilds dont put a boat harbor at every claim. 

many ways to adjust for this, one lighthouse per guild allowed.

or one per island forcing inhabitants of an island to work together.

devs could work all that out. main point is giving lighthouses a useful function that reduces offline raiding being so easy.

This is not a terrible idea... AS LONG AS they take out the de-spawning of resources from within its circle as well. I agree with 1 per company, again with the premise that they do no harm to resources because having more than 1 on an island area could easily decimate the resource spawning. I'd also be in favor or reducing the size of the lighthouse by around 40% in height and width. I think the model is way too large.

Edited by Cantore

if the crew can fire from the ship and have the 99% damage buff at the same time this will not work it would be abused instead of building towers around your island people will park semi-invincible ships 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 3:11 PM, Cantore said:

I'd also be in favor or reducing the size of the lighthouse by around 40% in height and width. I think the model is way too large.

Agreed 100%