Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

I'm about done with the bugs, lack of content, and lack of customer service!

Question

Just found yet another game breaking bug. I was climbing my own stone tower to paint it after all my hard work making it, I just randomly died for no reason while climbing picking up. My body is NOWHERE to be found, not even a green light left behind. I just lost my maxed out Legendary Carbine and Fur Armor..... I just wasted a week of gathering resources to make a single fucking leg carbine and leg fur armor set to lose it due to game breaking bugs, that you guys refuse to address, or refund items. Because you refuse to properly fund a sizeable enough team to properly address customer service and bug patches in a timely manner.

If BP's didn't revolve around complete RNG and a grindy unfun material drain... It would be a different story... If someone had killed me in PvP and took it, then fine, so be it... But a fucking bug with climbing picks on my own buildings.... I'm sorry no!

@Jatheish Not that ANYONE on the dev team actually cares, which was made clear on my post yesterday. Why bother putting in a ticket, when it takes 3+ weeks to get an answer. Then wonder why player numbers went from 60,000+ to less than 13,000 now.

Edited by Tiberius_theron
  • Like 4

11 answers to this question

I can confirm this is a bug. A few times this has happen to my group going for treasure maps. Each and everytime we were using climbing picks and instant death and you will not find your body. Also if you have a shoulder pet it will also have an instant death.

Welcome to Alpha 

To be fair your last topic was flamed to heck and back.

But I'm pretty sure everyone knows about the climbing pick bug, dont know if anyone has felt the need to report it, but the team should have been aware by now.

• Like 1

Actually, I have never heard of this bug until now. Will have to remember that when using the climbing picks to take everything off just in case. Thanks for bringing this to light!

Don't go climbing with gear on has been our new company motto. We actually have been able to find our bodies a few times. The light isn't there, but if you can get to the same place again you can get your stuff.

Its an issue that has had a few reports about on a couple of the forums. Basically, if the climbing pick takes you a route that has your body clip into anything, insta-death, and your body is hidden somewhere in the mesh. I see it most often on cliffs with lots of protrusions. If you anchor to the vertical wall above one of the protrusions, and it makes your body clip in...you be dead.

Its EA man, its full of bugs. We all have to deal with the bugs. Its not a finished game, but yes your right about it all. Deal with it, that's all we can do.

1 hour ago, Tiberius_theron said:

Just found yet another game breaking bug. I was climbing my own stone tower to paint it after all my hard work making it, I just randomly died for no reason while climbing picking up. My body is NOWHERE to be found, not even a green light left behind. I just lost my maxed out Legendary Carbine and Fur Armor..... I just wasted a week of gathering resources to make a single fucking leg carbine and leg fur armor set to lose it due to game breaking bugs, that you guys refuse to address, or refund items. Because you refuse to properly fund a sizeable enough team to properly address customer service and bug patches in a timely manner.

If BP's didn't revolve around complete RNG and a grindy unfun material drain... It would be a different story... If someone had killed me in PvP and took it, then fine, so be it... But a fucking bug with climbing picks on my own buildings.... I'm sorry no!

@Jatheish Not that ANYONE on the dev team actually cares, which was made clear on my post yesterday. Why bother putting in a ticket, when it takes 3+ weeks to get an answer. Then wonder why player numbers went from 60,000+ to less than 13,000 now.

Why is this kid still posting... we get it man... you want to play a released game with GM support... its not this one man... this is early access.. and they don't give a shit about you... you specifically... I'm dead ass.... 

They care about the game as a whole; a complete product... they got 2 years to iron this crap out... and your lil nooby ass is helping a ton by posting your rage stories.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Why is this kid still posting... we get it man... you want to play a released game with GM support... its not this one man... this is early access.. and they don't give a shit about you... you specifically... I'm dead ass.... 

They care about the game as a whole; a complete product... they got 2 years to iron this crap out... and your lil nooby ass is helping a ton by posting your rage stories.

cant wait for the mature players to start playing in a year or two

• Like 1

I'd give the OP a like if he could make a thread title that actually matches what he is talking about and post it in the right section. This is actually a bug, one that has already been reported. Or maybe it is just a rant, not sure 🙂

In regards to this bug, it's something the team are aware of and we're looking into. We've got quite a few things we'd like to tackle varying from the design of the game, to bugs/exploits, balance concerns, and server performance and stability. Not everything can be resolved immediately, and as stated in previous posts, we've provided insight into how our customer service requests are being handled and managed with our small team through Early Access. If it's not something you have the patience. I recommend stepping away and giving us a go at another time when we're further in our development process, as that might be a more enjoyable experience for you. 

• Like 1