Sign in to follow this  
Notorious

Living in lawless going on holidays

Lawless life sucks......

So what options do I have as I'll be gone for 5 days soon. Odds  are my land will be stolen, was thinking of putting my valuables in my ship and just see what happens when I return. Base is pretty big as I been there since launch.

Saw someone say I can put storage boxes on the ground and they last 16 days. Question is if I put like 50 storage boxes all around will it atleast save my land? Sad to see base destroyed. I play with the same buddies for years and we always go winter camping same time every year. So my whole crew is gone lol.

I can leave my animals on my boats so they are off the ground . If they starve at least we tried lol. We don't want to move to land as we have enjoyed our lawless base and is our home. Any other ideas how I might be able to save my land? 

Trying to find options so my crew continues to play after we return and not feel like hundreds of hours are wasted.  Maybe we just delete whole base and save what materials we got and spam 20 rafts around our boats to save land . Not sure what other option we have. As we really don't want to lose the spot we have. 

So question is how can I save the land in lawless that we have now so we have something to come back to after our boys  winter camping trip?

Do you know anyone else who would be willing to make an account, join your company for the interim, and log in to base-sit, as it were?  I bought the game for my brother on steam and sent it to him as a gift, just so that he could log in if I am going to be away.  Kind of like finding a cat-sitter or something.  Who knows, maybe if he logs in a few times, he might like it and play more often?  It's not ideal, but just a thought.  Good luck!

Put a lot of storage boxes around your base, save there all your valuable stuff, don't let anything important inside your base.

Maybe, when you came back, you will found your base demolished (maybe not all), they enter and find nothing valuable, they leave and you will keep your land.

OK, you will need to build again, but, who cares, it will be a minimal damage.

Your ships will be safe as long as they are anchored (well unless someone griefs with sotds). I'd put your valuable in storage boxes around your base on the ground. Worse case your base gets deleted but your valuables would be safe and hopefully the storage boxes keep people from stealing your spot.

Load up a trough with food just before you leave and most of your animals should be good. Veggies last a long time in troughs. My neighbors moved away (or quit) and left their base and animals and their animals went over 6 days till someone demolished the base and the animals ended up being killed by alphas.

Edited by jabnlab

All your stuff is safe if you put them on ship or in boxes but as for the base itself, the structures that will be gone more than likely when you return. You can hope that people see it as to big and can't be bothered going around demolishing it all, you might be lucky and find it is all there, that's the chance you take.

As for the ships, I would be careful when leaving them, make sure you have enough resources in the chest and NPC onboard to do repairs because any hurricane will do damage, I'm not sure if it does damage if they are anchored, I think they do but maybe someone can clarify but sure they decay over time.

If I was you I'd just put everything in storage and hope for the best on your return, nobody at home who can just log in once? That's all it will take, don't have to run around just log in at base and log out. Hope it's still there on your return though, fingers crossed for you.

17 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

All your stuff is safe if you put them on ship or in boxes but as for the base itself, the structures that will be gone more than likely when you return. You can hope that people see it as to big and can't be bothered going around demolishing it all, you might be lucky and find it is all there, that's the chance you take.

As for the ships, I would be careful when leaving them, make sure you have enough resources in the chest and NPC onboard to do repairs because any hurricane will do damage, I'm not sure if it does damage if they are anchored, I think they do but maybe someone can clarify but sure they decay over time.

If I was you I'd just put everything in storage and hope for the best on your return, nobody at home who can just log in once? That's all it will take, don't have to run around just log in at base and log out. Hope it's still there on your return though, fingers crossed for you.

No it's a thing we do every year, ladies go one way and the men go the other way.  We gonna try storage boxes and see what happens. I feel after a combined  3k hours of the company and much support on the forums that our days are numbered. We shall see, got a week to figure this out still.

Here goes the weird mechanics.... foundations, walls and ceilings can be demolished after a few days, but not crafting stations or containers. Bad news is that if someone demolishes the foundation the smithy or resource chest is on, it breaks that as well. Nothing valuable inside your house or inside any container that is on top of a wall or ceiling.

Your base may or may not be demolished. It depends on how active your neighbors are. This is a pirate game and it is all about the booty. I myself run around lawless looking for bases to demolish for booty. I am not alone in this.

I have no idea if this works in lawless since there isn't technically a claim flag to contest, but it's worth a try at least. Put an NPC, Larder, and Ship Resource box in your house and see if they will keep the demolish timer refreshed. You need food in the larder and gold in the resource box to last your vacation (also NPC with leveled up stomach is best).

• Like 1

I have a few limited beach spots that I'm looking to sale.  DM me and I'm sure we can work something out so you can make sure your things are safe on territory that is your own.

sorry for that. but if u r on napve, i can allow u guys build on my land and the tax is low, just 6.6%. hope u can have a goid time.

2 hours ago, Vurmis said:

I have no idea if this works in lawless since there isn't technically a claim flag to contest, but it's worth a try at least. Put an NPC, Larder, and Ship Resource box in your house and see if they will keep the demolish timer refreshed. You need food in the larder and gold in the resource box to last your vacation (also NPC with leveled up stomach is best).

I'd give this a shot, like he said the NPC's are supposed to be able to contest claims so in theory he should be able to refresh the timer on a lawless base.  And if you have a resource box and larder stocked with berries or cooked food (not sure on the spoil time of cooked food in the larder) you should be able to supply him enough to last a full week without issue.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that NPCs don't work to reset the timers in the lawless area but if they did work that would be great. I've been looking for claim land "lost the one spot I had" for a while but I've had no luck. I've currently been living in the lawless area but haven't invested too much into my site for fear of losing it all if an emergency comes up and I have to leave town. I think they should add the feature if it's not in the game so people could use NPC to protect their land within lawless areas or they could fix the claiming system at least on PVE. Right now a few people are hoarding massive amounts of land due to flag spamming.  I don't feel it fair to punish people for living in the lawless areas.

P.S please report back and let us know if the NPC work

Edited by TheSeer
forgot line

10 hours ago, TheSeer said:

I was under the impression that NPCs don't work to reset the timers in the lawless area but if they did work that would be great. I've been looking for claim land "lost the one spot I had" for a while but I've had no luck. I've currently been living in the lawless area but haven't invested too much into my site for fear of losing it all if an emergency comes up and I have to leave town. I think they should add the feature if it's not in the game so people could use NPC to protect their land within lawless areas or they could fix the claiming system at least on PVE. Right now a few people are hoarding massive amounts of land due to flag spamming.  I don't feel it fair to punish people for living in the lawless areas.

P.S please report back and let us know if the NPC work

I could be way off base, but I don't think that NPCs will reset the claim timers in Lawless. At least on claims, they just count as contesting claims, and don't do anything to pause or reset the timers. Additionally, NPCs have a claim timer of their own, like tames, so it would be kinda weird to have a timer being reset by something with its own claim timer, because that would then would reset its own claim timer. Unfortunately, I think that the only thing that resets any of the timers is a company member zoning in.

Can you recruit a trusted neighbor on the island, if only for a few days, to reset for you in the meantime?

Edited by MeatSammich

Lots of options, end of the day we are just gonna spam storage boxes and are deleting base, sad but this is how it goes. Can't play some games and have a life. Seems if we spam the storage boxes on the ground with a few smithy's we can save the land. We are gonna line up our ships and back them in and hope for the best. 

At least new update made it harder to sink anchoured ships. But warning to you all living in lawless....If you have any type of life be ready to do the same thing as we are. Also want to say thanks for added info on how to solve this problem we had. 

We don't want to count on outside help as in the past we have been burnt. Also we don't want to rent land as we have already been burnt by this system and our stuff stolen. But we thank you all for the offers. We be sailing again when we return . 

Also we tried the NPC idea and it doesn't work. If your going away pack up your shit and hope for the best when you return or count on other people to hold your stuff the choice is yours.  Your ships are pretty safe now . We don't need land to enjoy this game anyway. 

Already in fishing mode ........let the beers and whiskey flow with painted pictures in the snow. 😎

On 2/16/2019 at 7:56 PM, Notorious said:

Lots of options, end of the day we are just gonna spam storage boxes and are deleting base, sad but this is how it goes. Can't play some games and have a life. Seems if we spam the storage boxes on the ground with a few smithy's we can save the land. We are gonna line up our ships and back them in and hope for the best. 

At least new update made it harder to sink anchoured ships. But warning to you all living in lawless....If you have any type of life be ready to do the same thing as we are. Also want to say thanks for added info on how to solve this problem we had. 

We don't want to count on outside help as in the past we have been burnt. Also we don't want to rent land as we have already been burnt by this system and our stuff stolen. But we thank you all for the offers. We be sailing again when we return . 

Also we tried the NPC idea and it doesn't work. If your going away pack up your shit and hope for the best when you return or count on other people to hold your stuff the choice is yours.  Your ships are pretty safe now . We don't need land to enjoy this game anyway. 

Already in fishing mode ........let the beers and whiskey flow with painted pictures in the snow. 😎

Yes i know how you feel about letting others in, I've also be burnt.

I find it very hard trusting people straight away as you don't know them. I'm a genuine honest person who would help someone out but I don't expect people to believe it without knowing me, i get it.

Luckily i have a nice neighbour who can be trusted. Anyway hope you enjoy the holiday and drink plenty to make up for it.