Chester2766

Attention Paragon company

Without Divide is one of the more reasonable top companies. They do a lot of merges to gain land, and are generally good folks.

I don't really blame them, Paragon, Atlas Shrugged... they are all just trying to work a broken system and climb the only scoreboard there is. Hopefully with the claim system revamp, things will change... 

The overlapping is an issue. I was going to give away 3 claims to a new company, and when we showed up, someone had claimed a sea claim on the very edge to overlap all 3.. so now i cannot pull up the flags to give away

Edited by Crete21

I feel like people are making alot of assumptions on how we get so many flags. maybe we have 1 guy that sails around and records all the flag timers, maybe leaves a boat on the island. with a bed so he can check it. and then does that cause he finds it fun. 

1 hour ago, Aeonness Mernher said:

I feel like people are making alot of assumptions on how we get so many flags. maybe we have 1 guy that sails around and records all the flag timers, maybe leaves a boat on the island. with a bed so he can check it. and then does that cause he finds it fun. 

I don't think anyone has a problem with how it is done. It is the fact that it CAN be done with so many claims already.

Again no one blames you for it, you are just playing the game as designed. However, the design is flawed. Every flag you plant, is a flag that someone who has no claims would make use of and appreciate. But to the top land owners, it is just wasted space.

• Like 1

Even to the top clans, no land is wasted space, even pointless claims have a point. Resources and taxes are valuable assets in the game. And yes, it may sound greedy, but I love not having to farm all the time, just sail around and collect bank resources to build things i want to build.

2 minutes ago, Aeonness Mernher said:

Even to the top clans, no land is wasted space, even pointless claims have a point. Resources and taxes are valuable assets in the game.

This is absolute BS.  You will not convince anyone that you need an entire island's 30% taxes for anything you're doing.  You certainly don't need an entire ZONE's islands at 30% taxes.

4 minutes ago, Aeonness Mernher said:

And yes, it may sound greedy, but I love not having to farm all the time, just sail around and collect bank resources to build things i want to build.

At least you're honest.  I can respect a greedy prick if they're at least honest and self aware about their greediness.  Doesn't change my negative opinion about you, but I can at least respect the honesty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CazzT said:

This is absolute BS.  You will not convince anyone that you need an entire island's 30% taxes for anything you're doing.  You certainly don't need an entire ZONE's islands at 30% taxes.

At least you're honest.  I can respect a greedy prick if they're at least honest and self aware about their greediness.  Doesn't change my negative opinion about you, but I can at least respect the honesty.

Our tax rate is usually 15% a few places 20%

We have lots of spaces for rent.... just have to contact us..  and you don't' have to worry about losing the claim, we do

3 hours ago, Aeonness Mernher said:

Even to the top clans, no land is wasted space, even pointless claims have a point. Resources and taxes are valuable assets in the game.

I'm sorry, but in B11 no one is collecting taxes anymore. East India owns 2 whole islands, and no one is stopping by to farm a Temperate with 30% tax. And the third Island is Paragon, with maybe 5 carve outs for randos. And on the Paragon Island, the randos are walled off of Paragons land BY Paragon... so no taxes there....

The only reason you would have so much land that is not collecting taxes, and not being built on, and not being farmed.... is for the leaderboard.

I hope the upkeep is an aggressive steep increase:

1 claim = 1gold a day

2 claims = 2 gold a day on each

3 claims = 4 gold a day on each

8 claims = 128 gold a day on each

10 claims = 512 gold a day on each

and just keep doubling it until infinity. No max claims... 

i mean, 1 gold you can dig up in sand with a shovel. or grab some floatsam and be good for a week... 10 claims.. big companies should be able to do 5k gold a day. of course that means 20 claims, at 524k each... there might be a line there. But it needs to be aggressive. That way if they want to keep the "Most claims" metric, then its actually hard to do

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Crete21 said:

A steep curve, but not linear doubling.  But I do like your suggestion.  As someone who generally plays survival games solo, I could easily handle having 2 or 3 flags on my own.  And with a steep curve increase, big companies would still get to fight for leaderboard spots (lame as that is).

On 2/17/2019 at 4:00 PM, bigfishrob said:

Top rank on leader board.....only get that way being the greediest hoarders in the game. That would make sense in pvp but it just promotes greed and griefing in pve.

Griefing?

Long bow youve drawn there

I don't know why you think b11 has no tax. B11 has quite a few tax farms on it. And Dreary was not walled off from randos. there is only a small section of the island that is walled off and there is a reason behind it. even if you don't know what it is. I understand that you have a personal issue with Paragon, and that is fine. But at least be honest and say its a personal issue with Paragon. I don't see you attacking Lotus, or Atlas Shrugged, or Without Divide. Only Paragon. I'm sorry no one has asked you to join if thats it. Here, Would you like to join and become number 1 and enjoy all the benefits that it brings? Did that make you happy?

2 hours ago, Crete21 said:

I'm sorry, but in B11 no one is collecting taxes anymore. East India owns 2 whole islands, and no one is stopping by to farm a Temperate with 30% tax. And the third Island is Paragon, with maybe 5 carve outs for randos. And on the Paragon Island, the randos are walled off of Paragons land BY Paragon... so no taxes there....

The only reason you would have so much land that is not collecting taxes, and not being built on, and not being farmed.... is for the leaderboard.

I hope the upkeep is an aggressive steep increase:

1 claim = 1gold a day

2 claims = 2 gold a day on each

3 claims = 4 gold a day on each

8 claims = 128 gold a day on each

10 claims = 512 gold a day on each

i mean, 1 gold you can dig up in sand with a shovel. or grab some floatsam and be good for a week... 10 claims.. big companies should be able to do 5k gold a day. of course that means 20 claims, at 524k each... there might be a line there. But it needs to be aggressive. That way if they want to keep the "Most claims" metric, then its actually hard to do

land rate at 30% tax and you can have 1000 flags that the gold already comes out of the taxes that will make the treasures to your property

11 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

Griefing?

Long bow youve drawn there

How so? They dont ban griefers just select exploiters. There is no check nd balances to the system it is troll with no reprocussions in pve....therefore promoting griefing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aeonness Mernher said:

there is only a small section of the island that is walled off and there is a reason behind it. even if you don't know what it is. I understand that you have a personal issue with Paragon, and that is fine.

It is about 100 large gates laid across the whole chunk of island. that is NOT a "small section". Maybe if you own the whole island, and 400 other claims it may seem small... but that is a large section cut off from farming...

I don't have anything personally against Paragon, you are just the big company in my area, along with East India Trading. I simply report what I see. 

I do keep asking myself these questions though when i see more big company claims pop up:

"Don't you have enough claims? Do you really need more?"

"Why would you say 'we are not relinquishing any flags'."

The finality of  that statement angers me slightly. Like there is NOTHING you could give to make us give up even ONE flag. 

The words may as well say: "We are comfortable keeping others from being able to enjoy this game. We are ok with that. They may join us, but otherwise fk them. If they can't find land it is their fault. Even though we claim 10 more flags a day, that could be 10 ppls only permanent claim, its their fault for not finding them first. They must be lazy af."

Edit: Edited "Paragon" claims into "large company claims", because they are not the only ones i see getting more claims than they need

Edited by Crete21
  • Like 1