Chester2766

Attention Paragon company

11 hours ago, Aeonness Mernher said:

Paragon is not currently relinquishing any flags. We are willing to negotiate rental agreements, as well as mergers but at this time we are not selling flags. 

Top rank on leader board.....only get that way being the greediest hoarders in the game. That would make sense in pvp but it just promotes greed and griefing in pve.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

Top rank on leader board.....only get that way being the greediest hoarders in the game. That would make sense in pvp but it just promotes greed and griefing in pve.

pve rank is the biggest mistake made , it needs removing has no place in pve , 

• Like 4

Most of us "top rank" companies are a bunch of good people.  Without Divide uses all our land if not for building its for resources (mostly because those zones are not livable).  I would recommend a merge so a top companies land becomes your land.  Thats just me doesn't make sense to remain stubborn when top companies are offering it freely to members.

16 hours ago, SirRedHawk said:

Most of us "top rank" companies are a bunch of good people.  Without Divide uses all our land if not for building its for resources (mostly because those zones are not livable).  I would recommend a merge so a top companies land becomes your land.  Thats just me doesn't make sense to remain stubborn when top companies are offering it freely to members.

Top companies dont mean better players. Means they got there first and cohersed more ppl to join and there is now way in hell any of those top 10 utilize the amount of claims they have. It is nothing more than a greedy grab for an ego boost that cost most of the other "PAYING CUSTOMERS" from being able to own a fair share. Justify it all u want but ppl play free world type games to be e free and do what they want not pay bullshit taxes to ppl who either have too much time on their hands or happened to flag spam first, or some of the top potentially even worse used dirty tactics to take it. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Top companies dont mean better players. Means they got there first and cohersed more ppl to join and there is now way in hell any of those top 10 utilize the amount of claims they have. It is nothing more than a greedy grab for an ego boost that cost most of the other "PAYING CUSTOMERS" from being able to own a fair share. Justify it all u want but ppl play free world type games to be e free and do what they want not pay bullshit taxes to ppl who either have too much time on their hands or happened to flag spam first, or some of the top potentially even worse used dirty tactics to take it. 

I find your response to be pretty toxic and ignorant.  To me its the small 1 person companies with claims on an entire island not large companies with many active members that are a problem.  You do realize that to declaim and claim land it takes our company over 4 hours?  At the vary least upkeep isn't an issue due to how we are set up and our active member base.  So we have a lot of land we have a lot of members to use that land.  As far as taxes are concerned if you don't own the land then why not pay a tax for taking resources the owners could have used for their own purposes.  I only see people living in lawless regions complaining of this mechanic.   You talk about ego but you're the one berating top companies without being provoked.  Clearly you lack something and wish to have what you don't.  

5 hours ago, SirRedHawk said:

I find your response to be pretty toxic and ignorant.  To me its the small 1 person companies with claims on an entire island not large companies with many active members that are a problem.  You do realize that to declaim and claim land it takes our company over 4 hours?  At the vary least upkeep isn't an issue due to how we are set up and our active member base.  So we have a lot of land we have a lot of members to use that land.  As far as taxes are concerned if you don't own the land then why not pay a tax for taking resources the owners could have used for their own purposes.  I only see people living in lawless regions complaining of this mechanic.   You talk about ego but you're the one berating top companies without being provoked.  Clearly you lack something and wish to have what you don't.  

There is no way even those large companies could utilize all that land. And there are soo many living in lawless bc there are those who started playing the game and flagged up, or exploited ppl off ect and amassed way more land than is neccessary leaving scraps for the remaining player base. In pvp sure thats fine you can go to war and take it. In pve it just promotes greedy land grab. Im sure top companies have designate bed hopping routes ect just o keep all of it refreshed and make it impossible for others to get that land. We have about 5 claims on one section of land. It has little resources and a high pred spawn. So at best ot is good for leaving ships where they dont decay as fast, and we were lucky to get that. Then we go over places like i7 and i8 and see one or two comps with massive entire islands with tons of locations ppl could build a seaport base. And yall keep saying just rent an area....really as toxic as ppl are in this game you expect ppl to want to one pay in game taxes when we already paid for the game, two u want us to trust that these greedy ppl wont decide hey i think i will take that area and use it myself now and simply turn the flag to company only....there is no protection for ppl to trust even renting. Id like to see some numbers. How many claims and how many members those top companies have. If it is anywhere close to over 5-10 per member it just proves the point that it is just greed to feed "top company"  egos

• Like 1

Maybe the rest of us are missing the hints. They are not doing anything now about ppl blocking boats in, griefing with foundation spam, kiting sotd or blocking access. Maybe the real intent is that pve is actually still a ruthless pirate game and means fighting on pve anyhow. So maybe the real intent is if somebody like these "top comps" have what you want then you are supposed to use whatever means is neccessary to take it. I mean blocking ports is a real pirate method. Maybe the top comps list is actually intended as a target list instead for those that have nothing to go after and take something. If this is not the intent then top company and taxation have no business being in the pve version of the game.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:00 PM, bigfishrob said:

Maybe the rest of us are missing the hints. They are not doing anything now about ppl blocking boats in, griefing with foundation spam, kiting sotd or blocking access. Maybe the real intent is that pve is actually still a ruthless pirate game and means fighting on pve anyhow. So maybe the real intent is if somebody like these "top comps" have what you want then you are supposed to use whatever means is neccessary to take it. I mean blocking ports is a real pirate method. Maybe the top comps list is actually intended as a target list instead for those that have nothing to go after and take something. If this is not the intent then top company and taxation have no business being in the pve version of the game.

An interesting theory but then it would no longer be PvE.  I don't think that kind of interpersonal drama and incessant stress is something a vast majority of PvE players want, or they'd be on PvP servers where it makes more sense.

Finance talks though.  I'd be curious if the business model can survive on PvP alone.  In my experience, that has not remotely been the case in other games I've played.  In fact, ignoring PvE while focusing of PvP has largely led to irreparable financial damage.  Maybe this game is different, but still a serious consideration.

On the bright side, some unofficial servers have found viable solutions.  For example, one has a limit of 5 flags per company per sector.  I only spend time in one sector, but it does seem to have helped.  We no longer have as many Tax Flags put down purely to steal materials from people as they gather.  This limit includes both sea and land flags, btw, and frankly seems to work just fine.

Question though:

What in the world is the point of being a "Top Company?"  Who cares?  Are there perks?  Can't say I've ever seen any value in such leaderboards.  Granted I'm a little old to brag in the school cafeteria, but surely there's actually a point?

On 2/16/2019 at 7:15 PM, Aeonness Mernher said:

Paragon is not currently relinquishing any flags. We are willing to negotiate rental agreements, as well as mergers but at this time we are not selling flags. 

Damn i really hope dev will make a Claim Limiatation for PVE server !! just with honesty how many claim your Compagny have ? people are Greedy, people are Selfish 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kveldulf said:

An interesting theory but then it would no longer be PvE.  I don't think that kind of interpersonal drama and incessant stress is something a vast majority of PvE players want, or they'd be on PvP servers where it makes more sense.

Finance talks though.  I'd be curious if the business model can survive on PvP alone.  In my experience, that has not remotely been the case in other games I've played.  In fact, ignoring PvE while focusing of PvP has largely led to irreparable financial damage.  Maybe this game is different, but still a serious consideration.

On the bright side, some unofficial servers have found viable solutions.  For example, one has a limit of 5 flags per company per sector.  I only spend time in one sector, but it does seem to have helped.  We no longer have as many Tax Flags put down purely to steal materials from people as they gather.  This limit includes both sea and land flags, btw, and frankly seems to work just fine.

Question though:

What in the world is the point of being a "Top Company?"  Who cares?  Are there perks?  Can't say I've ever seen any value in such leaderboards.  Granted I'm a little old to brag in the school cafeteria, but surely there's actually a point?

If it were not the intent then grape would appropriately limit flags, not promote top company and actually do something about griefing. 

I feel like it's worth pointing out that top companies are not solely ranked on number of claims. Even my old relatively small company with 30 claims made it onto the top ten just by having 11 people online late at night, even with us not having increased the number of flags we owned. We were even ranked higher than a company with four times as many flags.

The ranking seems to be more based on number of players online than anything, and you can see that happening throughout the day where the top companies are trading positions on an hourly basis. After a patch, if you're the first person on the game even your company can be ranked number one briefly.

1 hour ago, Kidori said:

After a patch, if you're the first person on the game even your company can be ranked number one briefly.

I still don't understand what this gets you though :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Kveldulf said:

I still don't understand what this gets you though :classic_biggrin:

A fancy icon next to your name in chat, a figurehead that disappears when your rank changes and a screenshot to remember fondly that time that you were number one

5 hours ago, Kidori said:

I feel like it's worth pointing out that top companies are not solely ranked on number of claims. Even my old relatively small company with 30 claims made it onto the top ten just by having 11 people online late at night, even with us not having increased the number of flags we owned. We were even ranked higher than a company with four times as many flags.

The ranking seems to be more based on number of players online than anything, and you can see that happening throughout the day where the top companies are trading positions on an hourly basis. After a patch, if you're the first person on the game even your company can be ranked number one briefly.

If that were actually true then some companies need to start tossing some land free, but i think u are wrong.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:15 AM, Aeonness Mernher said:

I play with my wife a she likes the island and asked me to find out if we could  trade something for one flag, just one so we could have a summer home away from the tundra lol.  Is their any way we can work something out?

@chester2766 please contact me on discord to discuss your unique flag situation. Pending information on the upcoming flag upkeep changes Paragon will be revisiting our flag policy, however at this time we will not be relinquishing flags until further information is released.  Yes we are aware that we have alot of flags, however this does not mean that there is no land available for other players.  We manage to continue to increase our land claim every day, which means that any other company could as well.  I encourage those of you that are complaining about no land being available to sail out and discover available land, because i assure you it is out there. There are company flags dropping everyday that are available for claim as well. Go out and discover new places. 

On 2/19/2019 at 11:27 PM, Kidori said:

I feel like it's worth pointing out that top companies are not solely ranked on number of claims.

No, it's claims only.

The only thing being a top company says about the members in PVE is 1. the are the greedy ones 2. they like easy mode gaming. Nothing to be proud of.

Edited by FruitBatCat

5 hours ago, Aeonness Mernher said:

I encourage those of you that are complaining about no land being available to sail out and discover available land, because i assure you it is out there. There are company flags dropping everyday that are available for claim as well. Go out and discover new places. 

I'm tired of hearing "stop complaining, go look". No one is sitting in lawless "complaining", they are out looking. It's possible that a company with 50 members spread over ALL the grids is able to pinpoint the claims coming up for expiration. But solo/small company players are searching as best they can. 

I have my eye on 4 claims on 4 different islands that have a 4-day or less timer. If i get them, i will give away to Lawless hobo players.. But most of the time, i see another company ship parked within the claim, prolly with NPC's to contest until they can claim it. And most of the time, they have other land on the island, and are also watching the timer.

A claim up for grabs right now has 2 different companies NPC's parked on it.... there is no way to get it claimed until they both move. But neither will move, cause then the other could claim... lol. 

The fact is, the "Most owned land claims" metric for "Top company" is flawed. I have seen entire Grids, ghost grids, claimed by a company... no one is there... no one farming... just a wasted grid

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Aeonness Mernher said:

Yes we are aware that we have alot of flags, however this does not mean that there is no land available for other players.  We manage to continue to increase our land claim every day, which means that any other company could as well.  I encourage those of you that are complaining about no land being available to sail out and discover available land, because i assure you it is out there. There are company flags dropping everyday that are available for claim as well. Go out and discover new places.

In other words, you're proud of being greedy and selfish.

As for "we can do it, so can you", please elaborate how a husband/wife team can cover even a fraction of the same scouting area as a company with dozens or more people.  I would love to hear how you think this is in any way not an asshole thing to tell someone.

You can assure us it's out there because you have dozens of people out there looking, which allows you to cover vastly more ground than someone who is playing solo or in a small group.

How about instead of being greedy pricks you let go of some of the land you're clearly never going to use.  Or would that hurt your ego too much since you wouldn't be on the Leaderboard anymore?  At this point, the Leaderboard for PvE is just a list of the most selfish people currently playing.

• Like 1

i would just like to say that without divide is a good company, they dont interfere with any of your stuff if you merge, as a company with a decent amount of claims in our grid one of the leaders approached us and asked if we would like to merge, we talked we merged and not a single person from the whole company has interfered with our stuff since then. the most anyone has done in our territory since merging was anchoring a ship and saving it from sinking when i lost internet one day. if you need land consider joining a big company if solo , most of them dont interfere once youve worked out stuff

@CazzT How about instead of being greedy pricks you let go of some of the land you're clearly never going to use.  Or would that hurt your ego too much since you wouldn't be on the Leaderboard anymore?  At this point, the Leaderboard for PvE is just a list of the most selfish people currently playing.

alot of our personal company territory  before merging was taken from another chinese company and is overlapped, 90% of it cant be relinquished to others without dropping 5-10 flags and that is the same for alot of other companies, without a way to stop overlapping there is alot of land that cant be relinquished

Edited by wakkytabbaky
added stuff

Good thing the claim system is being revamped, then.  Though the overlapping issue isn't an excuse for covering an entire island and not letting anyone have a piece of it while you're only using about 10% of it.  You're just defending your selfishness.