gumbyc

Claiming system is still broken

yea, i'd really have liked to have seen an atlas where each human can place one flag. or maybe one sea one land, or maybe 3 flags total overall. 

I'm enjoying polar life, but i also really liked some temperate island i saw that were controlled by literally one person.

Well I'm amazed. Thank you IVAH for the heat map. Very interesting but will take some time to find out how best to use the information, other than the obvious. My problem is I like to play not spend time strategizing, but times are changing. AND how does the average player even find out something like that even exists ? What else is out there that we don't know of ?

The other thing that Meatsammich brings up is a great point. With round claim circles you have to overlap several  to protect your area. WHY are they round ? We have a square map, square grids, and for the most part, square buildings. Would it make more sense to have a square land claiming system ? Does anyone plan their base on a round area ? Here's a newsflash DEV'S, MAKE CLAIMING AREAS SQUARE, NOT ROUND.

Edited by gumbyc
added thoughts

What I would like to see done is a first come first serve type system. The round is weird I'll admit, but I'd prefer the claims stop at each line when placed so they dont overlap in the first place.

21 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

Well I'm amazed. Thank you IVAH for the heat map. Very interesting but will take some time to find out how best to use the information, other than the obvious. My problem is I like to play not spend time strategizing, but times are changing. AND how does the average player even find out something like that even exists ? What else is out there that we don't know of ?

The other thing that Meatsammich brings up is a great point. With round claim circles you have to overlap several  to protect your area. WHY are they round ? We have a square map, square grids, and for the most part, square buildings. Would it make more sense to have a square land claiming system ? Does anyone plan their base on a round area ? Here's a newsflash DEV'S, MAKE CLAIMING AREAS SQUARE, NOT ROUND.

Aye, if, and when we get a wipe, I'd love for them to implement a system of preset grids, or better yet, hexes, that a flag in that area claims just the area it is in. I could see trying to implement it without a wipe, but that would cause havoc for people whose bases could be straddling the new, preset grid lines.

Although, if they did something like they did in Ark when they added/changed biomes, with a week or two of the overlay showing where the new area borders would be so you could move your stuff, and just ceded control of those areas to the people who had the flag there, ignoring sea claims,  it could be workable - just a helluva lot more work for the devs.

I love the claim system in theory, because without it, you get what you had in Ark, and to an extent on a good chunk of Lawless here, with pillars and foundations everywhere, blocking spawns, etc. I think eliminating the overlap, and shrinking claim areas by about 10% - literally a foundation width around the outer edge of the claim circle - would solve a good chunk of the issues. It would free up space for people to rent (once they fix the landlord system being able to screw over the tenant whenever, and the decay timer problem), and if it didn't necessarily free up space immediately, it would force people to have more flags, thus decreasing the time before they're claimable, and increase maintainance costs when/if that happens - which would force some people to completely give up claims faster, to get to what is manageable for their playstyle.

Edited by MeatSammich
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ivah BlackWater said:

It's not the fact of to many players not enough land.. the issue is companies being complete hogs and taking whole islands and many islands for themselves because they wanna be assholes about it. And a lot stems from the stupid wanting to be "top company" crap..

The dev's only have themselves to blame for creating a leader board based on who has the most flags and this is the games downfall from the start. Over 100 players or more have left the lawless island I was on and everyone of them quit for the same reason, no land because its all been hogged by mega's and not wanting to become their slave or pay tax to them.

Also spending 4-5 hours to make a ship that chinese offliners can destroy in 5 minutes.

I'm sorry I was playing and traveling across the grids and came across this claim flag. I hope this doesn't violate and posting rules, but this needs to be seen.

876548312_highclaims.jpg.45abdad6013aba4b41ac52561a8df209.jpg

How can someone have 1,047 Claim Flags ? !!! This is also on "The Frozen Reef" a small island. in G9. The answer is obvious, they are not all there.

• Confused 1

That is nothing there was someone gloating on reddit earlier they have 3000 flags.

17 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

I'm sorry I was playing and traveling across the grids and came across this claim flag. I hope this doesn't violate and posting rules, but this needs to be seen.

876548312_highclaims.jpg.45abdad6013aba4b41ac52561a8df209.jpg

How can someone have 1,047 Claim Flags ? !!! This is also on "The Frozen Reef" a small island. in G9. The answer is obvious, they are not all there.

Paragon is only the #5 company on NA PVE. That means theres 4 more companies with more flags...

What I don't get is that East India is the #6 company. I have one of their bases near me on my island. It only shows them having 120 or so flags....Top 5 have over 1k flags each, and #6 has...120?

The other issue with that is that it seems that anything over 100 flags or so is at a 4 day claim time.  East India has the same 4 day claim timer. I thought it was supposed to scale down the more flags you had, not scale to 100 flags, and then after that, its just a flat 4 day.

Edited by MeatSammich

2 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

Paragon is only the #5 company on NA PVE. That means theres 4 more companies with more flags...

The biggest issue with that is that it seems that anything over 100 flags or so is at a 4 day claim time. My neighbor of the island is a top 10 company, they got about 120 flags...and they have the same 4 day claim timer. I thought it was supposed to scale down the more flags you had, not scale down to 100 flags, and then after that, its just a flat 4 day.

idk if you have the same issue on na pve, but when the time go to 0, you cant claim, it goes in negative number >< idk if its visual or not

1 minute ago, haseo said:

idk if you have the same issue on na pve, but when the time go to 0, you cant claim, it goes in negative number >< idk if its visual or not

Not sure, no one in our grid has lapsed yet to see. Which, in itself is kind of annoying, we got about 16 companies in the grid, and see Maybe 15 people peak, ever - usually hovers around 4-8. I would love to see some new blood and active players in the grid. I've even been trying to rearrange my handful of flags to free up a claim or two, but the overlap is screwing with that idea.

I don't understand the negative day numbers on the claim flags. I found one with -30 on it and said I couldn't place my flag. Can anyone explain the negative timers that show up on the claim flags ?

Edited by gumbyc
clarification

Done :). I hope everyone who reads this thread votes, regardless of how they feel about the claiming process. I guess by your bug report that our suppose to be able to do something when the flags are at negative numbers. That information would be good to know.