Fopfumaster

Fix for tempature/wheather?

When will the temperature/weather be fixed. Since Day one this has been a issue. I am in a tropical region and it gets to about 120 daily a lot of the time it hits 147F. Death Valley does not even get that hot. It is hotter in the tropical region than it is desert regions. We basically stopped eating since as soon as the day hits we are going to die from the heat anyways. The day is basically wasted due to the heat killing us. Do not say put more in fortitude cause i already have my fortitude at 84 just to hopefully make it through the day time.

I would rather have fixes/balances than more forced play content. I am going to have to do the FoY again already and it has only been week since I did it last. Did it last weekend and I am already 65. The whole aging is thing is broken and having to do the insanely hard FoY or loose you character and everything you have worked to build is well just plan stupid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Don't forget the heatwaves that start at night and are gone by morning 😄

oh and the 60F heat waves and of course there is the 147F heat wave that goes to 58F in a minute as well

22 minutes ago, Fopfumaster said:

The whole aging is thing is broken and having to do the insanely hard FoY or loose you character and everything you have worked to build is well just plan stupid.

I'm not sure where you got the notion that not doing FOY leads to losing your character. I have been playing since the first week, have not done FOY yet, and just have the debuff for being over 90. My character has been 100 for weeks. It would be nice to get rid of the debuff, but tbh it's far from crippling. I function just fine. You should absolutely consider FOY optional with a minor debuff penalty when over age 90 if you choose not to.

Edited by boomervoncannon

3 hours ago, Fopfumaster said:

When will the temperature/weather be fixed. Since Day one this has been a issue. I am in a tropical region and it gets to about 120 daily a lot of the time it hits 147F. Death Valley does not even get that hot. It is hotter in the tropical region than it is desert regions. We basically stopped eating since as soon as the day hits we are going to die from the heat anyways. The day is basically wasted due to the heat killing us. Do not say put more in fortitude cause i already have my fortitude at 84 just to hopefully make it through the day time.

I would rather have fixes/balances than more forced play content. I am going to have to do the FoY again already and it has only been week since I did it last. Did it last weekend and I am already 65. The whole aging is thing is broken and having to do the insanely hard FoY or loose you character and everything you have worked to build is well just plan stupid.

I agree about the weather, it really seems broken. Dying of heat stroke during the day even if you're submerged in water and dying to hypothermia at night in the same zone. Admittedly the cold is easier to deal with, you can light a fire and wear warmer clothes, but the heat is so extreme sometimes all you can do is die or hope the heat wave ends before your health bar runs out. 

As to the FoY, yeah the whole thing is ridiculous and I won't touch it until it gets addressed. As to losing your character, that's not a thing that currently happens. I've been 100 for a good couple of weeks. I guess it's almost been a month now actually. But honestly, I'd rather die and restart than deal with that cluster**** of a FoY quest. I'd just get reinvited to my company and get all my stuff back so then it would just be a matter of leveling again. No big deal there.