[616]RexFortis

How Ironic, Atlas Is a Sinking Ship

Player population continues to sink.  In the beginning you had TEN times as many players searching desperately for land to colonize but NOTHING!  Absolutely NOTHING was available and we complained, and complained, and yet you did not listen, so in the words of Conan the Barbarian "Crom, if you do not listen, then to hell with you!"

• Like 1

You make a troll post and cant wait 4 minutes for someone to respond...I hope you don't pee yourself when you see this reply...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Player populationďťż continuesďťż to sinkďťżďťżďťż.ďťżďťż

can't believe my eyes... i keep thinking, this has to stabilize somewhere? but it's been a constant rate of decline for four weeks. is the population really going to be 0 the first week of march?

Mostly because the devs don't listen and bad at communication.

They have allowed the Chinese exploiters to remain and raid people in PVE by bringing SOTD in.

It doesn't surprise me at all. Don't get me wrong at this moment I enjoy it but as soon as the Chinese turn up and raid me with SOTD that's it for me, not even bothering with a ticket, what's the point?

I view this game as having fun while it lasts, I have no hope for it in the future that's for sure.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

You make a trollďťż post and cant wait 4 minutes for someone to respond...I hope you don't pee yourself when you see this reply...

"troll" is a term used by the mentally inferior when they are at a loss of words.

22 hours ago, strawman said:

can't believe my eyes... i keep thinking, this has to stabilize somewhere? but it's been a constant rate of decline for four weeks. is the population really going to be 0 the first week of march?

Nah, it is a curve, not a straight line. I predict is is almost at its lowest point now. The devs have been fighting all the bugs mostly up until now. That has been to make the game playable. Soon they will start adding some interesting features. That will bring a few players back and eventually the number leaving and the number coming back will be about the same. I don't expect the number of players to go up much anytime soon though, we have a long ways to go before this game is out of EA.

There is a lot of work to do. GSG has acknowledged that things are kinda screwed right now, and they need to change. I would like to see the changes happen more quickly, but at least they have acknowledged it. Can they pull it off? All we can do is wait and see. Constant posts of "The numbers keep dropping!!" aren't helping anything or fostering any kind of discussion.

The players know its broke, GSG knows its broke. You're not shouting some unseen truth that is going to make people say "Oh, wait, this game sucks" The people who like it, are going to like it until some change happens that they don't like. The people who hate it are going to hate it, until some change happens they like.

Wildbill is right, if they make the needed changes to pull the people back in, in the next few weeks,  it will theoretically bottom out at 7-10k hardcores, and hopefully start climbing again as they make changes. Not even counting new sales, the people who bought at launch or shortly after put more time in than the refund limit, and a good portion of them will come back after a few patches that fix some of the most glaring issues. 

Theres always going to be a bottom limit of the hardcore people playing, if only for a bit here and there, so using the graph as absolutes is pointless. You can't just say "50k at launch, 25k a month later, 14k 3 weeks later. Wow, if we continue this rate, by the third week of march, there will be...uh... roughly negative 21000 people playing."

It was 40 degrees at 6pm...it was 30 degrees at 9pm...it's now midnight and 20 degrees. By my calculations, we should experience the heat death of the universe around 3pm next Tuesday...

Edited by MeatSammich
  • Like 1

The lowest of the low will be 5K, then all the serious bugs will be worked out, itll rise to about 7 again then something will break. Itll go back down to that 5k for the people leaving (either again or for the first tine) where as the few remaining players will be those who returned and are happy with the changes and the people who are here for the long haul.

In about 8 months there will be a HUGE game change that will bring the numbers back up to about 11-15k and then it will dwindle again until console release. Itll rise again and possibly even more than seen recently and then it will die down with the console focus.

This is just how these games work, its predictable.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:55 PM, strawman said:

It continues to surprise me, the game has been steadily losing 4-6k players a week for weeks, you'd expect this to form a curve - a percentile loss over time, but no, just a straight 5k average.

If that pattern continues the would be literally no players in 4 weeks; of course that isn't how it'll work... In theory... But in theory the player churn should have slowed by now too, and it has not.

A month from now we can safely say the game will be at its floor number, maybe as little as 500-1000 players peak if this trend continues. Once the player count gets there it'll be MUCH harder for the game to recover as they will no longer be trying to preserve the existing base, but win back deserters who quit, and attract new blood, in an already poisoned environment (See steam reviews).

The game was on sale last week and even reduced price failed to make a dent in the falling numbers

Edited by RyuujinZERO

Mostly see complaints from the pve crowd, on pvp the systems actually work pretty nicely

It is NOT the PvE Crowd that is shouting the most, I have to say the PvP is screaming louder. But that doesn't matter, everyone as a collective wants changes made for a better game play, it's that simple. Stop trying to make a divide between PvE and PvP players and let's stand as a whole and try to get things changed for the better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zlax said:

Mostly see complaints from the pve crowd, on pvp the systems actually work pretty nicely

Yeah... Then you meet an aimbot 😛

2 hours ago, Ivah BlackWater said:

It is NOT the PvE Crowd that is shouting the most, I have to say the PvP is screaming louder. But that doesn't matter, everyone as a collective wants changes made for a better game play, it's that simple. Stop trying to make a divide between PvE and PvP players and let's stand as a whole and try to get things changed for the better.

Both groups just want different things.   They qant different exploits fixed etc.  But overall,  both are whining.

I only have two real bugs that I consider truly critical,  and as pve would like the sotd exploit fix tightened up,  but if we fell victim it wouldn't be the end of the world because in large part we store our stuff in inland bases

New CiV 6 Expansion was released yesterday so that will be what im doing for a couple of weeks, however i will login in evert 3rd day as i dont want to lose my claim for when they game is fixed 😛

Are you guys sure is players leaving the game or is the game have so many problems and people can't login like I can't, I got kicked out after i download a new patch last week and until today I can't join, today I could see my guy just for fill sec before game freeze or crash, 1 hour ago I got a massive list of problems when I login the game .

SO FOR ME IS THE GAME NOT LETTING PEOPLE IN AND PEOPLE IS QUITTING LIKE I WILL DO SOON.

On 2/14/2019 at 2:33 AM, [616]RexFortis said:

Player population continues to sink.  In the beginning you had TEN times as many players searching desperately for land to colonize but NOTHING!  Absolutely NOTHING was available and we complained, and complained, and yet you did not listen, so in the words of Conan the Barbarian "Crom, if you do not listen, then to hell with you!"

That's the best feedback i have ever read in this forum. Now, close the door behind you quietly.

NA PVP is still a blast for us. Just wish they would start squashing the Cheaters/Hackers/Exploiters.  If that is not priority and for the love of the gods, please,, please fix the rending distance and speed.

• Like 1

It is not subscription based. They got your money. You can be sure there will be a few bones tossed your way before the next DLC 😛

Game will drop below 10000 before or in next month.

There are 2 big issues in Atlas, one is the obvious massive cheating. Second is they made it ARK 2.0 despite saying it wouldn´t be ARK. And if people want to play ARK there is a lot better game out there and it is called ARK.

Right now I don´t think the Devs even know what to do. They are too rooted in techniques they know, yet doesn't work in a new game. You can see they try to do all the exact ARK moves again. But this just isn't ARK or sold to be the ARK experience.

Edited by Shintai
  • Like 1

The most simplest thing they could do and help is banning the grievers quickly. The most players could life with bugs but not with exploiters and grievers. That are the reason they quit. 

They need to adres bugs but have to place bans on those exploiters and grievers then the players base have the feeling the listen to them.

It's ea and bugs need to be reported by players. Players that not report them but exploite them needs to be banned. Those kind of players do not helping the game forward.

Edited by awakatanka

13 hours ago, [616]RexFortis said:

"troll" is a term used by the mentally inferior when they are at a loss of words.

Just like “white knight” “fanboy” “hater” “kiddo” and all other pejorative terms used to put people you disagree with in convenient boxes for the sake of dismissing them without actually bothering to confront any legitimate point they may be making.

• Like 1