Phoenix125

server manager AtlasServerUpdateUtility (ASUU). Server Manager. Blackwood. Backups, Mod Updater, Crash Detection, Discord/Twitch

@Joew AlabelI did a major rework of the server shutdown process and I think I accidentally duplicated a variable. I hope to release a fix tonight. If not, it may not be until Friday afternoon 😞 Sorry.  
In the meantime, you can use "Stop Server(s)" Select button to close them. Starting grids and automated restarts fortunately work fine.

@flex73The automated backups can only run every hour at most. You can choose day, month week, hours, and minutes, but only at most once and hour 😞

3 hours ago, Phoenix125 said:

@Joew AlabelI did a major rework of the server shutdown process and I think I accidentally duplicated a variable. I hope to release a fix tonight. If not, it may not be until Friday afternoon 😞 Sorry.  
In the meantime, you can use "Stop Server(s)" Select button to close them. Starting grids and automated restarts fortunately work fine.

@flex73The automated backups can only run every hour at most. You can choose day, month week, hours, and minutes, but only at most once and hour 😞

I noticed that the button Stop Server(s) works.
No problem, it isn't a big mess. I loved so much your manager, thank you!!!

1 hour ago, CapArrow said:

Is blackwood integrated?

you can set it up a Blackwood map so easily, just add some extra param to exec the server 🙂

1 hour ago, CapArrow said:

Is blackwood integrated?

No.. unfortunately I haven't had time to get that done. I plan to have it completed by the end of the weekend.  IN the meantime, here's the link to the previous post on how to get it to work with the ASUU:

v1.9.5 notes:
- Improved shutdown. Monitors save file to ensure saves started and completed.
- Added Parameters Editor (see below) to Grid Configurator. Now even easier to modify GUS, Game, Engine files.

v.1.9.6 released! Hotfixes: Fixed Restart and Stop grid buttons, error if ServerGrid.json has "Templates Section.
- Fixed: Rt-Click: "Stop Grid", "Start Grid", and "Restart Grid" were not working properly. (Thanks to Nyt, JOEW ALABEL, and others for reporting)
- Fixed: If ServerGrid.json has "  "serverTemplates": [" section, the util now ignores it completely. (Thanks to Daniel W for reporting and Daniel & Doublee for helping solve)

Starting this weekend I plan to work on easier Blackwood support. Maybe even work on the Online Players redis integration! Just have a couple more busy days to get through.

param editor.png

Edited by Phoenix125

V1.9.7 released. Critical Hotfixes! Stability release only.. no new cool stuff yet. Due to fixing these issues, I may not get the Blackwood EZ support done tomorrow.. might be Monday. Sorry.
- Shutdown sequence had several bugs.
- A few other minor stability improvements.

Edited by Phoenix125

anyone know what this error means on my server?

Fatal error!

VERSION: 218.24 
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff9ecd265f9) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UNetDriver::FindOrCreateRepChangedPropertyTracker() (0x00007ff7e5abcf0a) + 20 bytes [h:\yarkupdateblackwood\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\networkdriver.cpp:5061]
ShooterGameServer.exe!AActor::ForceReplicateNow() (0x00007ff7e5abdc80) + 15 bytes [h:\yarkupdateblackwood\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\networkdriver.cpp:5132]
ShooterGameServer.exe!FTimerManager::Tick() (0x00007ff7e5c05b7a) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdateblackwood\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\timermanager.cpp:1087]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UWorld::Tick() (0x00007ff7e5aa7a8d) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdateblackwood\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1322]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff7e5a48002) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdateblackwood\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1183]
ShooterGameServer.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff7e44e2c58) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdateblackwood\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2733]
ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff7e44dd7ad) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdateblackwood\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff7e44dd80a) + 5 bytes [h:\yarkupdateblackwood\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGameServer.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff7e44e35ca) + 17 bytes [h:\yarkupdateblackwood\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
ShooterGameServer.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff7e695241d) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff9ec847bd4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff9ecd4ce71) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff9ecd4ce71) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

thanx if you all can help

Followup: Thanks to AceMan for helping Wicked.. the problem was due to using the router's IP address... for those having the saving issue. Thanks. 

@Phoenix125 1.9.8 BUGs!

I've updated from 1.9.4 but now with 1.9.8 version

1) AtlasSaveDIR isn't accepting letters, it says error:

Unacceptable Character
You can only type a number here.

My saved folder is A1, so it isn't loading any config file inside A1 folder: GameUseuSettings.ini , Game.ini , Engine.ini
The program created a blank new ones.
And it isn't loading my save  -.-
It cerates a new folder: 0 instead of using the right folder A1.

2)
 50cTxN1.png

3) It lost some configs like as Config file, where you set it up the Map.
I noticed that after started my server because it started ocean map, instead of Blackwoods.
So I clicked on Config button, and noticed that Map=ocean . For some reason it changed this value.

Could you fix it, please?

Thank you very much!

Edited by Joew Alabel

@Joew Alabel

The utility is not yet ready for Blackwood. Most people have been able to get it to work using instructions posted previously, but I am working on the Blackwood Wizard now and plan to release it tomorrow. It has become a much bigger undertaking than I anticipated, but I wanted to make sure I do it right.

So for now, just use the default AltSaveDIR naming scheme. If you need to, rename your existing folder.
.. or just wait until later tomorrow and try the new version 🙂

Thank you!

New update... with Balckwood support!!! (finally!)
v.1.9.9 New Blackwood Wizard! Try the new Blackwood map!

v1.9.5 - v1.9.9 Highlights
- New Blackwood Wizard! Start a Blackwood server the easy way. Automatically updates server and mods with Discord announcements.
- Improved shutdown. Monitors save file to ensure saves started and completed.
- Added Parameters Editor to Grid Configurator. Now even easier to modify GUS, Game, Engine files.
- Several stability and bug fixes.
- New startup logo.

blackwood3.png

Edited by Phoenix125

@Phoenix125  I just downloaded ver 1.9.9. The tools still show Blackwood as a "Coming Soon Preview" and when I click "Import settings" it does not appear to be importing any of my settings. Server Name, Admin Password, Server Password, etc all require manual entry. Should these be pulling from the existing configs?   My save dir is the default A1, the CommandLine text is showing Altsavedir as "Blackwood"

Do I need to move everything into a Blackwood folder?

Thanks

***EDIT*** That seems to have done the trick. On first running ASUU it looks like it did delete my servergrid.json in the Saved folder. Mind you I was messing around with both the Blackwood setup, and the Import existing server setup so that may have contributed.  I had backed up my entire Saved folder so no problem. I renamed my A1 folder to Blackwood. Then copied my servergrid.json back into the saved folder. I then ran the Blackwood setup and all settings are there without the need to click the import button.

Looking good so far.

Edited by Neitfall
More info

@Neitfall Thanks for the feedback. I'll add a "AltSaveDIR" option... Good idea. And I completely forgot to change the text on the wizard select window... Lol.

As for the ServerGrid.json file: Since Atlas Blackwood does not use the SG file (ASUU does, but not Atlas), I do not have it backup an existing SG file when installing/importing a Blackwood server (it DOES backup when switching from ocean to Blackwood). I didn't even think of adding the backup. I'll add one just in case. Thanks again.

Edited by Phoenix125

@Phoenix125  NP. So I thought i had everything working, but I am encountering the same challenge I had when I tried getting Blackwood working via the previous tricks. The Server starts ups, everything looks good, and then in about a minute something goes sideways and it tries to send a shutdown command, which fails. It then sends an ALT-F4 to kill the process, and then the keep alive restarts the server. This continues endlessly. If I start the server via batch file, it runs normally.

Looks like its not getting any response from RCON.

NM. N00b issue. Typo in my RCON port forwarding rules. /sigh. Everything's working great. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Edited by Neitfall
removed Error log

Another update: v.1.9.9a Minor tweaks.
- Added: Blackwood Wizard: Added "AltSaveDIR" option. (Thanks to @Neitfall for requesting)
- Changed: Wizard: Changed the "Coming Soon!" description for Blackwood to the intended text. (Thanks to @Neitfall for reporting)
- Fixed: Util Update: The util wasn't completing the shutdown before running updated util. (Unfortunately, this won't help until NEXT update.)
- Added: Added Blackwood icon to "Select Wizard".

Edited by Phoenix125
  • Like 2

Hi

Can someone help me, why can not i see the server even if i opened all the ports? Is there a special setting in asuu i should be aware of?

Thnx

Edited by TroubleSteve

Same problem as Steve

Have all my ports forwarded, used https://check-host.net/check-udp to them. Server start perfectly with no errors, but for the life of me it wont show up. 😞

*edit* I noticed in my resource manager the ports were listening on UDP and I only had TCP forwarded, so I opted for redundancy and did both in and out. And so as my resource monitor pointed out. I only get a reply on UDP. Does any1 know if this is correct ?

Edited by 1ceMan_Za

Redis-Server will not start automatically after v1.9.9c.
Has anyone else ever met? Or the problem I set up?

@TroubleSteve @1ceMan_Za There are several reasons that an Atlas server won't show up on the server list.
- The main reason is as you stated.. ports not being forwarded properly.
- Avoid using any ports in the 27000 - 270100 range... Steam uses 27015 and 27030-27037 for its own purposes.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711
 If you're using Blackwood, all clients (players) have to select "Non-Atlas" servers when searching for the server.
@Yet Thanks for reporting that. I will look into it and post a fix this evening (I have a long day at work today).

Edited by Phoenix125

All your settings look good. FYI: "IsHomeServer" is not used by Blackwood... I should disable that option in the util for Non-Seamless servers 🙂
The likely problem is that players need to select "Non-Atlas" servers when searching for the server.
If other people can connect but you can't, then the issue is a lack of "NAT Loopback" from your router.

Edited by Phoenix125

@Phoenix125  Not sure if bug or user error.  I added 4 mods into the mod line using the Blackwood Wizard. If I then close and reopen the Blackwood Wizard there are no mods listed.  I re-enetered the mod ID's, then without closing the Wizard clicked "Update Mods" on the main screen. The mods did download and install into the Mods folder under Shootergame > Content (Note Blackwood is also a "mod" in this folder)  Closing and reopening the Blackwood Wizard again has a blank Mod List. I was expecting to see them in the list to know which mods are installed.

Not if is this is how its supposed to work, and not certain if the mods will be available on the server. (I'm updating remotely and wont be able t log in until I'm home to see if they are present on the Blackwood map)

**EDIT** I've manually added "ActiveMods=123456,7891011" etc to GameUserSettins.ini (it was not there) and now the mods do show in the mods line on the Blackwood Wizard. Possible bug with it not saving the mods to the .ini file?

Edited by Neitfall
More testing completed

Thanks everyone for the bug reports. Hopefully the latest version here will fix them!

Just released! v2.0.1 (2019-08-28) STABLE and BETA branches being used again! Bug fixes (for real this time!).
- Fixed: Still couldn't change the "Fast Discord" and "Use Redis for online players." (Thanks to Nyt for reporting)
- Fixed: Redis-Server will not start automatically after v1.9.9c. (Thanks to @Yet for requesting)
- Fixed: Line 42024 Error: Occurred when mod list in GUS was edited on Blackwood server instead of using wizard. (Thanks to XCITE and @Neitfallfor reporting)
- Fixed: Blackwood: If mods were changed in the GUS.ini, the util didn't update the mod list.
- Fixed: If ModList was changed in ServerGrid.json, the util would error. 
- Added: If status stuck at "Starting..." then util now displays a notice and opens a help file in default text viewer.
- Added: If "Fast Method" of Discord causes error, the log now shows a recommendation to disable the "Fast Method"

Edited by Phoenix125

I am hosting a rust server right now, and i did an Ark server as well just fine with this same setup. And yes i did tick non atlas servers so i could list all blackwood ones.

And i tried to put it on steam favorites, but it says server not responding.... Im totally out of ideas.... Im 40 but after theese few days of desperate trying i feel 100....  🙂