Phoenix125

server manager AtlasServerUpdateUtility (ASUU). Server Manager. Blackwood. Backups, Mod Updater, Crash Detection, Discord/Twitch

1 hour ago, Phoenix125 said:

@Yet The option exists to manually manage mods (or let Atlas manage them) in the AtlasServerUpdateUtility.ini file (or simply click the "CONFIG" button):

[ --------------- GAME SERVER CONFIGURATION --------------- ]
Use this util to install mods and check for mod updates (as listed in ServerGrid.json)? (yes/no) ###=no

It's down about 25-20 lines in the first section.
Thanks!

Use this util to install mods and check for mod updates=no, when updating the server version, SteamCMD seems to automatically check for updated mods. Can you disable this option?

@Yet Atlas Dedicated Servers have a built-in mod updater.  Atlas itself is causing the "SteamCMD automatically checking for updated mods".
To keep Atlas itself from updating mods, you need to add "-manualmangedmods" to command line.  I guess I should've told ya last time 🙂 Sorry about that!

In summary:
In order to completely manage the mods yourself, two changes are required: 

1. In ASUU, change the following in the config to disable ASUU's mod updater:

Use this util to install mods and check for mod updates (as listed in ServerGrid.json)? (yes/no) ###=no

2. In ASUU, add -manualmangedmods to the command line in the config to disable Atlas' mod updater:

Atlas extra commandline parameters (ex.?serverpve-pve -NoCrashDialog) ###= -log -server -servergamelog -NoBattlEye -nocrashdialog - manualmanagedmods

Edited by Phoenix125

43 minutes ago, Phoenix125 said:

@Yet Atlas Dedicated Servers have a built-in mod updater. Atlas itself is causing the "SteamCMD automatically checking for updated mods".
To keep Atlas itself from updating mods, you need to add "-manualmangedmods" to command line. I guess I should've told ya last time 🙂 Sorry about that!

In summary:

Use this util to install mods and check for mod updates (as listed in ServerGrid.json)? (yes/no) ###=no

2. In ASUU, add -manualmangedmods to the command line in the config to disable Atlas' mod updater:

Atlas extra commandline parameters (ex.?serverpve-pve -NoCrashDialog) ###= -log -server -servergamelog -NoBattlEye -nocrashdialog - manualmanagedmods

Okay thank you😀

1 hour ago, Phoenix125 said:

@Yet Atlas Dedicated Servers have a built-in mod updater. Atlas itself is causing the "SteamCMD automatically checking for updated mods".
To keep Atlas itself from updating mods, you need to add "-manualmangedmods" to command line. I guess I should've told ya last time 🙂 Sorry about that!

In summary:

2. In ASUU, add -manualmangedmods to the command line in the config to disable Atlas' mod updater:

Sorry, the command line arguments seem to be invalid1034227585_2(2).thumb.png.1fc234c923d975b2247077c3d8c44cd5.png1998619891_2(1).png.142d13f07f217f720c8f40e9f45731fa.png

6 minutes ago, Yet said:

I found the correct one seems to be: -manualmanagedmods:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Yet
  • Like 1

After my server downloaded the 1.0.5 update Windows Defender found Trojan/Win32/Azden.A!d in the Updater Utility executable.

I highly recommend everyone scan your files.

I love this tool but this security issue needs to be resolved.

-Tru

On 9/6/2019 at 12:59 AM, Phoenix125 said:

@shine brightThanks for the feedback. The util should only use around 40-50 MB of memory.
Below is a screenshot of ASUU in Task Manager on my 5x5 test server (Windows Server 2016) managing 25 grids.
If you are referring to the amount of RAM the Atlas server itself is using, unfortunately the util (ASUU) has no influence on that. The only way I know to reduce RAM usage for Atlas itself is to force Windows to cache some of the RAM to the HD using various utilities, such as Mem Reduct:
https://www.henrypp.org/product/memreduct

If ASUU is consuming a lot of RAM, please let me know. No one yet has reported a memory leak.
Thanks.

memusage.png

The memory leak seems to be caused by the update check

1.png

5 hours ago, TruWrecks said:

After my server downloaded the 1.0.5 update Windows Defender found Trojan/Win32/Azden.A!d in the Updater Utility executable.

I highly recommend everyone scan your files.

I love this tool but this security issue needs to be resolved.

-Tru

Thanks for posting. I have a whole Discord thread devoted to this subject. Here's a recent post I posted here:

Re: Virus notice: Pretty much any program written in AutoIT (the programming language that ASUU is written in) gets flagged by Windows Defender... even my 2 line mouse mover program gets flagged.  I submitted a version a few months back and Microsoft approved it within a few hours, but they said that end users will only get the exception added to Defender with next update.. approx. monthly.  The except only applied to that version, so I would have to resubmit for all versions.  Since I was putting out updates 1-2x/wk and users only updated Defender database monthly, it was pointless.  In my Discord, I have a channel dedicated to the explanation with screen shots of various other antivirus programs saying ASUU is safe.

Here's a summary of my Discord discussion:

I've had people tell me that Windows Defender reported my util to have viruses.  So I ran AtlasServerUpdateUtility_v1.7.2.exe through www.virustotal.com.
- The results were exactly the same as when I sent my tiny screen capture program, so the issue must be with AutoIT. (I've read everywhere that progs written in AutoIT cause false flags).
- Nonetheless, I ran a couple virus scans on my AutoIT installation.. to be safe!  It came back clean.

Below are the www.virustotal.com results of AtlasServerUpdateUtility_v1.7.2.exe
virusscan1.png
virusscan2.png

10 / 70 reported it as suspicious... So 60 / 70 said it was safe. Rest assured.. I did NOT put anything malicious in there. I've put way too much time and pride into this thing to ruin it by adding garbage.
- As I've always said, people can look at the source and compile it themselves if they wish to be extra safe...I'd understand!
Source code on GitHub: https://github.com/phoenix125/AtlasServerUpdateUtility
AutoIT DL: www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/

Edited by Phoenix125

Thanks for responding quickly.

I'm not saying anything was done maliciously. I was just reporting what was found.

I scanned the suspected file again with Malwarebytes and it was also positive for the same infection. The previous version has no false or otherwise flags for infection. The virus may have come from something else, but it is slim because I only download tools for running my server and the infection only showed up in the update to AutoUpdate utility. It also was the only download on the server in over a week so the options are few.

-Tru

• Like 1

@Phoenix125 Another QoL suggestion. Can we have ASUU manage mods but have the option to not download them automatically. I like to shut everything down, do a back and then update mods as they sometimes tend to break stuff. But I like that ASUU checks and lets me know when a mod has updated. so maybe.

ASUU managed mods: yes/no

Check for mod updates every xx hours (1-24): 12

Install mods automatically: yes/no

If Install automatically is set to no ASUU will check for mod updates and notify that a mod update is available, but it will only download/install the update if you click the "Update Mods" button.

• Like 1

@Yet I may have an idea what is causing your memory leak thanks to AceMan reporting a "Error allocating memory" error... first time it's ever happened.
It's possible that the util is not closing a file properly after reading it.. therefore every time it reads it, it keeps adding it to the buffer.
It's the first thing I'll work on for the next release!

Thanks!

Hey Phoenix125,

your tool is very nice but i have a little question. How can i prevent the tool to make changes in my self an globally managed GUS.ini and Game.ini files? Even if i made changes in them by myself and i start grids from the tool, it changes my content of the files.
Is there an checkbox or parameter that i can use to prevent your tool making changes?
Greetings :)

@kasyhn The only time AtlasServerUpdateUtility (ASUU) makes any DIRECT changes to the GUS, Game, Engine, SG.json files is if you use the "Grid Configurator" or the Setup Wizards.
BUT!  Any changes made that can affect the command line used to start the Atlas Servers, such as password, IP, Ports, etc. will be added to the GUS, Engine. etc by Atlas itself.

Try making your GameUserSettings.ini, Game.ini, Engine.ini files and the ServerGrid.json file READ ONLY to help prevent unwanted changes being made.
Then, if you want to purposely make changes via the Grid Configurator, ASUU will ask if you want to make changes to a read-only file.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Phoenix125
  • Like 1

@Phoenix125  Yet another QoL for us small server operators. A check box beside the ALL GRIDS control section. When checked, it greys out all the controls in the ALL GRIDS section.  A few times now I have selected 4 or 5 grids to start, and then clicked "start grids" in the ALL GRIDS section. Followed by a big panic as I Task Manager to kill all running tasks before it tries to start 225 grids. lol

• Like 1

ASUU Went Non responsive with high memory usage  6000-11000MB for the first time ever. Not sure if there are any logs I can provide that can help investigate the cause?

@NeitfallThanks for the report. You are the third person to report it.  It might be related to ASUU opening a file, reading it, and not closing it... but I have not found out for sure.  I'm investigating.  Since it has never happened to me, it's hard to pinpoint. If you find something odd in the logs, let me know, but I'm guessing the logs will look normal.

Thanks.

Ummm so I clicked your download link for the manager and my server 2019 is saying it has a virus in it.. Not cool?!

Capture.JPG

23 hours ago, gnatsum39 said:

Ummm so I clicked your download link for the manager and my server 2019 is saying it has a virus in it.. Not cool?!

If you read back in this thread you will see a few others have mentioned this and also confirmation that its a false positive.

@Phoenix125  Possible clue as to the memory leak. ASSU has locked up 3x this week due to it. Today I had a bit of extra time and looked around. The last thing I see in the log at the bottom is the server announcement that backup is in progress, followed by the notification that backup atlasserver-11--7-19-14-00 or whatever is starting. So maybe its somewhere in the backups that is causing the crash?

@Phoenix125 Discovered today that ASUU does not create a backup of Defaultgame.ini nor defaultgameusersettings.ini.  Had to verify game files on server last night and it replaced those  with the default versions so I lost many settings and had to recreate them. Any chance a future update to include backing those up along with the normal save files.

I"ve found something that's definitely not cool about this program.

every time you open the app and make any change to the grids, it clears the whole "Batch Files (to run atlas manually)" folder, including files I've placed there myself. That way it also overrides the batch files I require to start my server, as I have a non-static IP and need to resolve my DNS before entering the IP in the server launch editor.

Additionally, there is no way to configure something like this in the program; it would be nice to be able to script the actual launch method of the program so additional batch commands can be executed before launching each server instance.

In my particular case, I need "for /f %%a in ('powershell Invoke-RestMethod api.ipify.org') do set PublicIP=%%a" to be executed before the server instances are started. And that "%PublicIP%" needs to be set as the SeamlessIP launch parameter.

1 hour ago, MokahTGS said:

The x64 exe file contains a trojan virus.  Not cool.

You may want to check this part of the thread first.   

Please note, I have not personally confirmed the results, just simply pointing you to a conversation on that topic.