Phoenix125

server manager AtlasServerUpdateUtility (ASUU). Server Manager. Blackwood. Backups, Mod Updater, Crash Detection, Discord/Twitch

@TroubleSteve44yo here 🙂  Atlas servers do not have local LAN support, like Ark and Rust do.  Therefore, you will not be able to connect unless your router specifically has NAT loopback.  Most routers don't.

A quick test is to have someone else try to connect.  If they can connect but you can't, then it's almost for sure the NAT loopback.  If NAT is the issue, there are workarounds:
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/workaround-if-you-cannot-join-your-own-dedi-server.4672/

If no one can connect, then it comes back to the basics.. which I'm sure you've troubleshooted a thousand times.

If all else fails, you can try to run the server without ASUU by running the batch file in the \Batch Files (to run Atlas manually)\ folder of the util.
Then try troubleshooting it manually.

Good luck!

V2.0.1 If there is no player in the area, the server will not find the area. Thank you.

Log (2).jpg

Log (3).jpg

I do not understand what you were saying.. sorry.
If you are wondering why it is not finding a grid, such as the [PID] -ERROR- Server 0,10 PID() NOT found...
That means that the program was unable to find that server. 
ASUU scans all running Atlas servers and gets the server location from the title of the ShooterGameServer.exe process:
altsavedir.png.f9bbf84f51aae25ea5424331274ee1e3.png

If your concern is regarding the "Starting" status, then the problem is with RCON and below is some troubleshooting tips I drafted:

What:
The "Starting" status changes to "ready" when ASUU gets a valid response from the RCON "ListPlayers" command.
- That's how it determines whether the server is ready For connections Or Not.

Why:
The cause is an error with RCON, which could include the following:
- Wrong RCON port assignments.
- Wrong RCON IP address.
- Windows Defender firewall (or any any other firewall) is blocking ports.
- No NAT loopback function with your router.
- Wrong server password or typo in password.
- The RCON ports are already assigned to another process (any other servers on same machine running same ports?).
- Avoid using ports 27000--27100 because Steam uses them:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711

The Fix:
- Change RCON IP address in the AtlasServerUpdateUtility.ini (or click "CONFIG") to your local IP (ie  192.168.1.10, or 127.0.0.1):
    RCON IP (ex. 127.0.0.1 - Leave BLANK for server IP) ###=192.168.1.8
- Change the ports.. maybe some rouge process is using them!
- In ASUU, click "TOOLS" then "Network Conn. Viewer" to display a list of all ports in use. Look for errors.
- In ASUU, click "TOOLS" then "Duplicate Port Checker" to makes sure you do not have duplicate ports assigned.
- Attempt to send an RCON command using the "Send RCON" buttons and observe the response: this might give a clue as to the cause.
- Check the "Detailed Log" for responses to sending RCON commands.
- Check the "Detailed Log" for the mcrcon.exe RCON commandline for correct port, IP, and password.
    example: 2019/08/27 14:48:16 [RCON] F:\Atlas Test Server\AtlasServerUpdateUtility\mcrcon.exe -c -H 192.168.1.30 -P 25710 -p AdMiN_PaSsWoRd "listplayers", Response:

altsavedir.png

Edited by Phoenix125
Not sure why it is requiring moderator approval. Looking for triggers :)

I checked my rcon carefully. The port is normal. I can send it to the server and execute the rcon command, but it always shows that it is starting. Thank you.

2.jpg

Edited by Yet

@Yet The only other thing I can think of, that I didn't include in my previous post, is I added a new beta way to check for online players. It works great for me, but many people are saying it doesn't work for them (I've fixed that in the next release), but check the following setting in the AtlasServerUpdateUtility.ini file or the [CONFIG] button:

Check for, and log, online players? (yes/no) ###=yes
Check for online players every _ seconds (30-600) ###=60
Check for online players on remote servers? (yes/no) ###=no
Use redis-cli for improved accuracy of online players? (yes/no) ###=no

Make sure that says No. Otherwise, I am sorry, but I'm at a loss. It is usually a NAT Loopback or firewall issue that causes that status to get stuck at "Starting"

Edited by Phoenix125

Ive had some Problems with high (full) RAM usage of the Tool. 

If this occurrs next time i provide some screenshots 

currently its runing only a blackwood map with some mods. 

Hello, these days I tested the problem of server startup stagnation, which seems to be caused by api-Unicode Rcon. Can you check the repair?

Edited by Yet

@shine brightThanks for the feedback. The util should only use around 40-50 MB of memory.
Below is a screenshot of ASUU in Task Manager on my 5x5 test server (Windows Server 2016) managing 25 grids.
If you are referring to the amount of RAM the Atlas server itself is using, unfortunately the util (ASUU) has no influence on that.   The only way I know to reduce RAM usage for Atlas itself is to force Windows to cache some of the RAM to the HD using various utilities, such as Mem Reduct:
https://www.henrypp.org/product/memreduct

If ASUU is consuming a lot of RAM, please let me know. No one yet has reported a memory leak.
Thanks.

memusage.png

Edited by Phoenix125

@Phoenix125   I came across this interesting thread today. Dynamic Grid Starter Utility  Its a utility that allows you to statically keep 4 grids loaded. Then load the grid the server owner is in along with the 4 cardinal grids around the user. When the owner moves to a new grid, it unloads the 3 grids he moved away from and loads the next 3. Is there any chance this could be included into ASUU?  It would allow those of us with small servers to keep 4 Main base grids up for our friends, and then when the server owner is on they would be able to be in the same 5 grids loaded around them.  We are currently on Blackwood and are near end game. We'd love to try the full map but with only 5 of us renting a full set of servers is not feasible. Seeing as we are almost always within the same grid this would be an ideal solution.

On 9/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, Neitfall said:

@Phoenix125   I came across this interesting thread today. Dynamic Grid Starter Utility  Its a utility that allows you to statically keep 4 grids loaded. Then load the grid the server owner is in along with the 4 cardinal grids around the user. When the owner moves to a new grid, it unloads the 3 grids he moved away from and loads the next 3. Is there any chance this could be included into ASUU?  It would allow those of us with small servers to keep 4 Main base grids up for our friends, and then when the server owner is on they would be able to be in the same 5 grids loaded around them.  We are currently on Blackwood and are near end game. We'd love to try the full map but with only 5 of us renting a full set of servers is not feasible. Seeing as we are almost always within the same grid this would be an ideal solution.

Sorry for the late reply.. was on vacation (sorta). I have looked into this awesome idea, but there are a couple main problems:
1. Whenever someone logs out, the grid he/she was in would would have to remain running so they could log back in.  With several players, you eventually end up needed most or all servers running.
2. Atlas does an awful job or reporting which grid a player is in or was last in. Quite often, Atlas doesn't "remove" a player from a grid when they cross into another, but apparently puts that player into a "sleeping" status. This causes the player to appear in multiple grids which is very hard to track when moving back into a previous grid. I am working on using the redis to get the last known grid and last online time, which will mostly eliminate this problem, but I just haven't had time to finish that code yet.

If anyone reading this has a solution, I'd love to hear it.
Thanks for the cool idea.. just not sure I can get it to work well.

Edited by Phoenix125

11 hours ago, Phoenix125 said:

Sorry for the late reply.. was on vacation (sorta). I have looked into this awesome idea, but there are a couple main problems:
1. Whenever someone logs out, the grid he/she was in would would have to remain running so they could log back in.  With several players, you eventually end up needed most or all servers running.
2. Atlas does an awful job or reporting which grid a player is in or was last in. Quite often, Atlas doesn't "remove" a player from a grid when they cross into another, but apparently puts that player into a "sleeping" status. This causes the player to appear in multiple grids which is very hard to track when moving back into a previous grid. I am working on using the redis to get the last known grid and last online time, which will mostly eliminate this problem, but I just haven't had time to finish that code yet.

If anyone reading this has a solution, I'd love to hear it.
Thanks for the cool idea.. just not sure I can get it to work well.

@Phoenix125  No worries about the late reply.   

I do have a friend who currently has this working, running ASUU and ChromeSDK's utility in tandom. I thin he's turned off watchdog so that ASUU doesn't try to restart offline grids. Not 100% certain he has it fully working, but he had his server up over the weekend and was testing the follow feature with ASUU monitoring.

The idea is not to have every player tracked with grids loaded. ChromeSDK's tool only follows the server owner. So the plan is to have the main base grid loaded and perhaps 1 or 2 others. This means that when I am offline, players can only play in the main grid, which still gives them 4-5 island to sail to and things to do. When I'm online we group up and travel and explore. There are only 5 of us playing on my server and I think others with small servers would understand the limitations as well. Although his Version 1.9 of the util does allow you to select additional players to follow, but my server could not handle more than 9 grids at once.

I'm not certain how ChromeSDK handles the server owner logging off and then back into an offline grid. His thread for his utility is here on the forums (linked in my post above)...maybe a collaboration project between the 2 of you?? 😉  have this as an optional add-on to ASUU with credits to CromeSDK? 

• Thanks 1

****NOTE**** Latest version of ASUU shows a trojan in the 32-bit manager. The 64bit exe seems clean. May need to look into that.

I've managed to get ASUU running in tandom with Chromes server Manager utility.  I have 5 static grids running, and 5 grids around me startup and shut down as I move around the map.  ASUU is great for managing and updating config changes on the grids.  The only challenge I am having is that ASUU only seems to check for running servers at startup. After that it's only checking for online players etc on the active grids.  So as Grids are brought online its not seeing them. Would it be possible to add an option to also have it rescan for active servers on an interval?  That would allow it to see new grids as they come up.  Would also need to have a way to disable the Crash watchdog  so it does not restart grids that are being shutdown by Chromes utility.

Thanks

Chrome's util in the background with 4 servers started. You can start /stop servers by clicking a grid, or it will follow me and keep 5 servers active around me.

image.thumb.png.a1bb7dd9543f2daffb5918a0100f96d1.png

Not sure what Im doing wrong, but in the Blackwood Wizard I put in 2 mods, 1631196617,1634023936  and a server password, but it doesnt save that info..
When I start server, its not passworded and the mods not installed ..

On 9/30/2019 at 12:00 AM, Neitfall said:

****NOTE**** Latest version of ASUU shows a trojan in the 32-bit manager. The 64bit exe seems clean. May need to look into that.

I've managed to get ASUU running in tandom with Chromes server Manager utility.  I have 5 static grids running, and 5 grids around me startup and shut down as I move around the map.  ASUU is great for managing and updating config changes on the grids.  The only challenge I am having is that ASUU only seems to check for running servers at startup. After that it's only checking for online players etc on the active grids.  So as Grids are brought online its not seeing them. Would it be possible to add an option to also have it rescan for active servers on an interval?  That would allow it to see new grids as they come up.  Would also need to have a way to disable the Crash watchdog  so it does not restart grids that are being shutdown by Chromes utility.

Thanks

Chrome's util in the background with 4 servers started. You can start /stop servers by clicking a grid, or it will follow me and keep 5 servers active around me.

image.thumb.png.a1bb7dd9543f2daffb5918a0100f96d1.png

Again, sorry for delay in my response. Started a new job this week and has taken up pretty all my time. Anyway...

Thanks for the update on running ASUU with ChromeSDK's prog... pretty neat that you were able to get them working simulataeously! .. Well, mostly 🙂

Re: Virus notice: Pretty much any program written in AutoIT (the programming language that ASUU is written in) gets flagged by Windows Defender... even my 2 line mouse mover program gets flagged.  I submitted a version a few months back and Microsoft approved it within a few hours, but they said that end users will only get the exception added to Defender with next update.. approx. monthly.  The except only applied to that version, so I would have to resubmit for all versions.  Since I was putting out updates 1-2x/wk and users only updated Defender database monthly, it was pointless.  In my Discord, I have a channel dedicated to the explanation with screen shots of various other antivirus programs saying ASUU is safe.

As for the Crash Watchdog... I could easily add an option to have it NOT restart grids shutdown by ChromeSDK's prog.  I've added it to my "Wish List". Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 1:53 AM, Wartai said:

Not sure what Im doing wrong, but in the Blackwood Wizard I put in 2 mods, 1631196617,1634023936  and a server password, but it doesnt save that info..
When I start server, its not passworded and the mods not installed ..

Sorry for delayed response.  I am not sure why it is not working for you.  I will do further testing.  

You can look at the util's log file and see if the mods / password are causing errors, although not likely.  ASUU gets the modIDs and assigns the password in the GameUserSettings.ini.  You can look there for errors. Easiest way to get to the GUS.ini is using ASUU's Grid Configurator.

11 hours ago, Phoenix125 said:

Sorry for delayed response.  I am not sure why it is not working for you.  I will do further testing.  

You can look at the util's log file and see if the mods / password are causing errors, although not likely.  ASUU gets the modIDs and assigns the password in the GameUserSettings.ini.  You can look there for errors. Easiest way to get to the GUS.ini is using ASUU's Grid Configurator.

Yea, I put the info in manually and its working, just not with the Manager ..

I did see another issue I am having, Server msg's are not working, everything else is for me..
I can manually use Send RCON and use Broadcast fine, using Send Msg doesnt work....
Its annoying when theres an update or daily restart and server shuts down with out getting a warning.
Logs shows that it does, just nothing in game..

Edit:

Posted this issue in Discord as well

Edited by Wartai

Where does ASUU save the backup? Does it overwrite the last save or save the latest with a different file name so there'll be numerous backups with time stamps? 

When changing files, such as ServerGrid.json or GameUserSettings.ini, ASUU creates and saves backups in the same folder as the file being backup'd.
For the Backup feature (backup save and other Atlas folders), it saves them in /[utilfolder]/Backups folder. It creates a new file for each backup.  You can set how many backups to keep.

Edited by Phoenix125
  • Like 1

Update! v.2.0.4 Bug Fixes and a couple new things.
NOTICE! The Redis Integration for Online Players is temporarily disabled until I get it working for people other than me 🙂
- Added: Optionally disable Grid Memory and CPU reporting.
- Added: Disable grid process crash detection (for using util with ChromeSDK's Atlas Server Controller). (Thanks to @Neitfall for requesting)
                 *WARNING! **Disabling crash watchdog is Extreme BETA!** For now, it will NOT RESTART grids after ANY shutdown, including daily restarts, mod/server updates, etc.*
                 *In future release, I will have it detect running grids and restart those during daily restarts, mod/server updates, and skip polling online players for "crashed" grids.*
- Fixed: Line 39838 Error.
- Fixed: Line 39857 Error.
- Fixed: Send Msg to ALL GRIDS was not working.
- Fixed: Grid Configurator: AltSaveDIR was only accepting numbers.
- Fixed: 64-bit version batch file wasn't updating properly. (Thanks to @Visual for reporting)

• Like 1

Thanks for the recent updates @Phoenix125

Another QoL request when you are next working on an update. Is it possible to add an "online" button to the None/All/Invert etc Check mark servers button. So that it will check mark only your currently running servers. 

Not a critical need, but would be a nice to have.

Thank you so much!

@Phoenix125 I'm getting error, could you help me, please?

I'm using the latest version of the manager. Stoped the server and I clicked the buttons: Update Util, Update Atlas Server (i forced a verification) and updated mods too. Started server again.
I got this msg on the logs:

16:04:05 [Mod] Mods are Up to Date.
16:03:45 [Util] AtlasServerUpdateUtility up to date. Version: v2.0.4

But i can't join my server. I got error that mod could be outdated:
zbNP61D.jpg

Any help how fix it, please?

Ty!!!

i have a problem when i install i have WinDefender alerte with : Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl for file: F:\AtlasJoR\AtlasServerUpdateUtilityKeepAlive_v1.5.exe

@Neitfall Great idea!  I'll add it to my list.

@Joew Alabel The util pulls the latest mod version number from the following website: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/[ModID]
Sometimes the mod developer does not update their mods properly or it's also possible that your gaming PC is not updating the mod properly.
No one else has reported issues with the mod updater, but if your problem continues, let me know.
Post the ModIDs and I can test here.

@ReilanT I completely understand your concern! Almost any software written in AutoIT (the programming language ASUU is written in) gets flagged as a virus by Windows Defender... even my 2 line mouse move prog gets flagged.
- I submitted an exception to Microsoft and they added that version of ASUU to their SAFE list, but it only applied to that version and it would only take affect when people do their monthly virus definition update.  Since I release updates far more often than monthly, it's essentially pointless for me to keep submitting to Microsoft.
- In my Discord server, I have a channel dedicated to this subject: I have screen shots showing that the util is found safe by 60/70 virus scanners.
- For those that are very skeptical, I post my source code to GitHub. Anyone can review the code and compile it for themselves 🙂
https://github.com/phoenix125/AtlasServerUpdateUtility

Thanks!

• Like 2

Hello, can you add an option to completely turn off mod auto update? It seems more convenient to use manual update files, thank you

@Yet The option exists to manually manage mods (or let Atlas manage them) in the AtlasServerUpdateUtility.ini file (or simply click the "CONFIG" button):

[ --------------- GAME SERVER CONFIGURATION --------------- ]
Use this util to install mods and check for mod updates (as listed in ServerGrid.json)? (yes/no) ###=no

It's down about 25-20 lines in the first section.
Thanks!

Edited by Phoenix125