Phoenix125

server manager AtlasServerUpdateUtility (ASUU). Server Manager. Blackwood. Backups, Mod Updater, Crash Detection, Discord/Twitch

v1.5.0(beta18) (2019-04-15) CRITICAL Hotfix!  Fixed Atlas Auto-Updater (and more!)
- Fixed: Auto Atlas updater was not updating.
- Added: New _start_AtlasServerUpdateUtility.bat file that updates with each util update. If desired, add a shortcut of this file to your startup folder.
- Fixed: Log Ticker would stop updating.
- Fixed: You can now edit files in the File Editor/Viewer window. Colorized version coming soon!
- Fixed: "Start Servers" and "Stop Servers" buttons working.
- Added: Small delay after deleting Server_Summary.txt file. This will hopefully fix a lockup.
- Fixed: Improved the utility's recognition of running servers at startup.

To update, just click "Check for util update" in the utility's tray icon. Thanks!
Download link: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/AtlasServerUpdateUtilityBeta.zip

Edited by Phoenix125
  • Thanks 1

I'm excited about this one! Hopefully it runs well and will become the next stable version.
New beta!   v1.5.0(beta21) (2019-04-20) New Setup Wizard! EZ Update! No config changes needed. Simply click update!
- Added: Setup Wizard. It is now much easier now for new users to start using this utility.
- Added: New default AltSaveDIR naming scheme: A1,A2,A3,B1,B2,B3,C1,etc.
- Fixed: No more extra servers being started! Fixed a couple instances where Redis and Server PIDs were not saving correctly when utility exited prematurely.
- Added: Config updates will now update automatically without user input, unless a required parameter is added.
- Fixed: (Hopefully) Utility updater should restart without errors.

wizard1.jpg.3fe514325397b037022c3a8bb13f65c5.jpg

Edited by Phoenix125
  • Like 1

New Beta! v1.5.0(beta24) (201-04-25)  Minor bug fixes and a new scheduler!
- Added: CPU usage is now operational for each grid (total CPU usage does not always work yet).
- Added: Scheduled events: Send RCON commands to All or Local grids or run any file at scheduled times. (Thanks to Norlinri for requesting)
- Added: Util now creates backup Server and Redis PID files to help prevent duplicate servers from being started.
- Fixed: The util would freeze and eventually crash if SteamCMD locked up during update check. A 20 second shutdown timer was added to task kill SteamCMD if it locks up.
- Fixed: The util would freeze and eventually crash if errors occurred when checking current installed server version. A new method was implemented to hopefully prevent further lock ups.

To update, just click "Check for util update" in the utility's tray icon.
Download link: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/AtlasServerUpdateUtilityBeta.zip

Edited by Phoenix125
  • Like 1

v1.5.0 (2019-04-28) New STABLE Version with GUI Interface!
(For those running beta24, the only new feature in this version is the Total CPU is fixed).
- Added: GUI INTERFACE for server info only... no config GUI window yet. (Still incomplete). The util can still run without the GUI for minimalists.
- Added: Works with up to 400 grids (20x20).
- Added: Setup Wizard. It is now MUCH easier now for new users to start using this utility.
- Added: New default AltSaveDIR naming scheme: A1,A2,A3,B1,B2,B3,C1,etc.
- Added: Send custom command lines PER GRID during server startup.
- Added: Separate log files for Basic logging and Full logging (formerly debug).
- Added: Option to send RCON commands/messages to select servers only.
- Added: New "_start_AtlasServerUpdateUtility.bat" file that updates with each util update. If desired, add a shortcut of this file to your startup folder.
- Added: Displays memory & CPU usage for each server grid.
- Added: New window for viewing and/or editing log files, config files, ServerGrid.json, DefaultGame.ini, DefaultGameUserSettings.ini, DefaultEngine.ini files.
- Changed: Util will now default to 64 bit version (was 32 bit only). The ZIP file includes the 32 bit version for compatibility.
- Fixed: Tray icon is much more responsive.
- Added: Discord announcement and display notification when servers online and ready for connection.
- Added: Logs when users come online or go offline in new log file "AtlasServerUpdateUtility_OnlineUserLog.txt".
- Added: Beta version and Stable version selectability.
- Added: Config updates will now update automatically without user input, unless a required parameter is added.
- Added: SteamID to Online Users window and logfile.
- Added: Restart Server Now tray option.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
BETA Version: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/AtlasServerUpdateUtilityBeta.zip
Stable Version: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/AtlasServerUpdateUtility.zip
Previous Versions: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/atlashistory/
Readme.txt: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/readme.txt

Edited by Phoenix125

v1.5.1 (2019-04-30) Minor Hotfixes   🍸 **EZ Update!** 🍸 No config changes needed. Simply click update!
- Fixed: The Setup Wizard had several bugs that were fixed.
- Added: The util now creates batch files (in folder "Batch Files (to run Atlas manually)") to manually run and update your Atlas servers in case of SHTF (utility failure!)
- Fixed: When new mod(s) are added/discovered, the util previously did nothing. It will now restart the servers (with announcements if servers were already running).
- Changed: 32-bit (x86) version of the utility is once again the default. I received a couple reports of instability possibly related to the 64-bit (x64) version.
- Fixed: Update Mod button now disables if no mods are used or if "Use this util to install mods and check for mod updates (as listed in ServerGrid.json)? (yes/no) ###=no" (Thanks to funtimes for reporting)

I post regular updates to my Discord channel, but here are the most recent added features:
v1.5.2 - v1.6.1
(2019-05-19) Several Hotfixes and new features!  🍸 **EZ Update!** 🍸 No config changes needed. Simply click update!
- Added: Startup delay between grids can now be grid-specific in the GridStartSelect.ini. (Thanks to Kara for requesting).
- Added: ExportData folder containing the latest Online Players count and all the data from the main GUI table.
- Added: New option to force update Atlas with -validate. (Thanks to Doublee for requesting)
- Added: If servers are to be started, a new 10 second window appears allowing the ability to cancel: helpful to prevent duplicate server starts. (Thanks to Norlinri for requesting)
- Added: Update icon in main window now shows exclamation point if utility update is available.
- Added: New "Send Discord" program was added for announcements and former method is used as a backup)
- Added: KeepUtilAlive: An optional second program is now executed to restart util if util crashes.
- Added: Network Connections Viewer in Tools section. Displays all ports used by the local computer.
- Added: New warning message when more than one instance of the util is running.
- Added: There are now two download sources for all files... in case my main website is ever down.
- Added: New Tools Button. Moved Duplicate Port Checker, Setup Wizard, Create Batch Files, Create Server Summary File to Tools menu.
- Added: Responses to RCON commands and Broadcast messages are now displayed.
- Added: Default grid naming scheme options for Announcements and Util/Log: (1) 00 01 (2) A1 A2 (3) 0,0 0,1
- Added: Shut down all or select servers with/without announcement to Discord/Twitch/In-Game.
- Added: Optional automatic util update download and install with no user input. (Default is disabled).
- Added: Port duplicate checker: Checks for duplicate ports assigned in ServerGrid.json & RCON ports in .ini or GUS.ini files.
- Added: Option to start all servers minimized. Added to config.ini: "Start servers minimized (for a cleaner look)? (yes/no) ###=yes"  (Thanks to Infiniti for requesting).
- Added: Server PID check: When started,  util checks to make sure assigned PIDs are actually Atlas servers.

Latest Update summary:

I post regular updates to my Discord channel, but here are the most recent added features:
v1.6.2 - v1.7.3
 (2019-06-11) Several Hotfixes and new features!  🍸 **EZ Update!** 🍸 No config changes needed. Simply click update!
NOTICE!! Config files were moved to "\Config" Folder!!
- Added: Atlas Backup with Scheduler. Still a Work In Progress: It only backs up at this time.
- Added: Grid Configurator Phase I: Easily view and edit common grid files. *Phase II (lower half of screenshot) will have configurable common Atlas settings.
- Added: You can now set the approximate duration that messages sent in-game will be displayed.
- Changed: After checking for Online Players, if any failed, the util now waits one second then tries the failed grid(s) once more.
- Added: Added a third option for checking for mod updates using wget.exe to hopefully eliminate the "IE Enhanced Security Configuration" error.
- Added: Select All, Select None, Invert added to main GUI (Thanks to Shadowsong & Doublee for requesting).
- Added: Many new options for the Event Scheduler: Run multiple RCON commands, execute files, schedule daily, weekly, by date, 

Edited by Phoenix125

v1.7.4 - v1.7.7 (2019-06-20) Grid Configurator Phase II Done!
- Added: Finished the Grid Configurator!  You can now quickly see/edit popular parameters and copy them to all/some grids.
- Fixed: KeepUtilAlive could activate during grid startups.
- Fixed: If no players are online, now makes a one-time announce to Discord/Twitch before restarting servers (to alert players wanting to connect).

Grid Configurator Notes:
- Parameters can be modified to fit your needs and shared with your friends.
- To revert back to default values (the ones I put in), just delete or rename GridParameters.csv and the util will create the default one.
- Add all your custom parameters to easily view the parameter settings on all your grids.
**- Parameter text in green=has a value set.  Gray=No value set for that grid.**

- File: "\_Config\GridParameters.csv". Edit with a spreadsheet (Excel) for easy view or use any text editor. Comma separated values.
------------------------------------------
 AtlasServerUpdateUtility Grid Parameters
 Tip: Edit with a spreadsheet (Excel) for easy view/edit or use any text editor. Comma separated values !
 Key: [Highlight] [ParamName] [Value] [File] [HeadingInFile] [Description]
    [Highlight] Highlight / Select parameter
    [ParamName] Name of Parameter
 [DefaultValue] Default value for parameter
         [File] File the paramater is in. (0)Command line entry  (1)ServerGrid.json (2)GameUserSettings.ini (3)Game.ini (4)Engine.ini
[HeadingInFile] The heading the parameter is under / follows
  [Description] Description displayed when hovering mouse over parameter name
  ! WARNING !   NO COMMAS allowed in any part of any parameter.  It will cause glitches.
   Example: "True,Message,Welcome to your favorite Atlas server!,3,[MessageOfTheDay],Set message of the day (MOTD)"

Edited by Phoenix125

Is it normal that it get's stuck on starting and doesn't get to running. Forwarded ports, start the server the cmd pops up goes through everything and says server started "map name" etc, but program says still starting , and can't see it in atlas server list

Edit: Forgot to mention i've also let it sit and waited for over 10 minutes without change still starting. Even basic 1x1 grids.

Edited by purplesnorlax
more info

Hi Purplesnorlax..  v1.8.4 had a bug that would cause the status "Starting" to show if "Poll Online Players" is not checked/enabled.  I released v1.8.5 today which fixed that (and several other things).

BUT I'm guessing the problem is with the RCON ports or the "RCON IP (ex. 127.0.0.1 - Leave BLANK for server IP) ###=" in the main AtlasServerUpdateUtil.ini file.
- To check for a "ready" server, the util checks the RCON response to "ListPlayers". If no response, the util assumes the grid is offline/not ready.
- Check the config or the Server_Summary.txt file for proper RCON port assignment.

As for the server not showing up on the server lists.. unfortunately that could be many things.
- Leave a gap between port assignments. ex. 28500, 28502,28504, etc.
- I forward any port number plus 1 in the router.  So if a port is 28500, I also forward port 28501.

Looking at other posts might be helpful for troubleshooting the "can't see it in atlas server list" problem.

Good luck,

-Phoenix125

Edited by Phoenix125

v1.7.8 - v1.9.4 (2019-07-22) Highlights
- Added: Crash Watchdog: Monitors for crashed, stuck, or closed servers and restarts them automatically.
- Added: Right-Click Menu: easy access to grid-specific features.
- Added: Improved Shutdown: Faster and more reliable shut down with game save.
- Added: Freeports now start first
- Added: 3 Discord webhooks: Now can send log, crash reports, grid status changes, and normal announcements to any or all of 3 webhooks.
- Added: Backup: now includes full Atlas backups, if desired, every __ backups.. user defined.
- Fixed: Setup Wizard: Many improvements. Now even easier to set up new server or add your existing server.
- Added: Multi-Manager Support: Now run one copy of manager for your main server and another instance for your test server.
- Added: Restart Grid options (with or without announcements).
- Added: Server Detection at startup.. no more duplicate starts!
- Fixed: Now truly supports up to a 20x20 server since v1.9.4. If ServerGrid.json file was very large, the util used to crash.
- Fixed: Many minor bugs.
- Added: Windows priority: Optionally lower priority on empty grids and, of course, return priority to normal when someone connects.

Rt-Click.png

Edited by Phoenix125

i have a problem 

13:47:42 [Server B2 started (PID: 3912)]
13:47:39 [Server] Sending shutdown (DoExit) command to Server:B2
13:47:38 [Crash] Grid (B2) had No RCON response in 5 minutes. Grid restarted.

How can i disable this?

Every 5min the server restarts.

All ports r free in Router and firewall

@flex73The Crash Watchdog is restarting your servers. That usually occurs when the RCON ports are not forwarded or some other RCON issue.  Basically, if the util gets no response to the "ListPlayers" command for 5 minutes, it assumes the grid crashed and will restart it.

Ideally, try to find out what is causing the RCON problem, but you can also just disable the crash watchdog. In the Config (AtlasServerUpdateUtility.ini file or "CONFIG" button in main window), change the following to zero (0):
[--------------- CRASH WATCHDOG ---------------]
Number of failed RCON attempts (after grid had responded at least once) before restarting grid (0-Disable, 0-5) (Default is 2) ###=0
Minutes to wait for RCON response before restarting grid (0-Disable, 0-10) (Default is 5) ###=0
Number of crashes before disabling grid (0-Disable, 0-5) (Default is 3) ###=0

If you want, you can look for the response when you send "ListPlayers" via RCON using the "Send RCON" button. It may give a clue as to why the RCON was/is failing.

Edited by Phoenix125

i have the same config running without ur tool and teh server works.

I will try to disable watchdog.
Seems thats the prob

@merlin66676 It works with Blackwood if you do the following.  I will be updating it for easier integration, but it might be a few days. Here's a post I placed on my Discord server:

For those wanting to use the new Blackwood Single Player, do the following until I update the util:
1. Use the wizard to install your server (even if an existing server.. this will create the temp ServerGrid.json file).
2. After Atlas installation has completed, make the following changes to the ASUU.ini file:
[ --------------- GAME SERVER CONFIGURATION --------------- ]
Atlas extra command line parameters (ex.?serverpve-pve -NoCrashDialog) ###= -log -server -NoSeamlessServer
Map Name ###=Blackwood
Import RCON ports from GameUserSettings.ini files? (yes/no) ###=no
Server RCON Port(s) (comma separated, grid order as in ServerGrid.json, ignore if importing RCON ports) ###=25710

3. Then restart the util. When you get the following popup, select NO (to the prompt posted below).
(Thanks Aceman, noelpy, and others for the info)
4. (Optional) Copy the \AtlasUtilFiles\ServerGrid.json file to the \Atlas Server\ShooterGame\ folder.

JustSayNo.png

Edited by Phoenix125

@flex73The util has an automated backup option. It backs up the \ShooterGame\Saved\ folder (minus the ocean.A1.1500.atlas backup files), the redis folder, and the util's config files. It can also do full backups of your Atlas installation and any other folders you wish to add.

Edited by Phoenix125

Hello. Can you adjust Map Name \\ Ocean / Blackwood to Atlas Server Update Utility GridStartSelect. ini with each grid set separately? That way I can start a Blackwood directly in my existing grid.
1.94/1.95 version program will crash after shutting down the server when executing automatic update or daily automatic restart command, so it can not start the server.
Thank you

@Yet I had never considered running Blackwood simulatenously with an existing map.  I planned for running two instances of the util instead.  I'll consider adding that.. thanks!
As for your program crashing: I haven't had anyone report that before. Do you mind PMing me your AtlasServerUpdateUtility_LogFull_[date].txt file so I can try to troubleshoot? Thanks.

程序崩溃日记

Edited by Yet

Thank you for the logs, but unfortunately the log was not very helpful since the program appeared to simply crash as you stated. I noticed, though, that the KeepAlive is noticing the crash but failing to restart ASUU (AtlasServerUpdateUtility).
The KeepAlive log:
   2019/08/06 09:28:41 WARNING! D:\AtlasServerUpdateUtility\AtlasServerUpdateUtility_v1.9.5.exe closed unexpectedly. Restarting program.
   2019/08/06 09:28:41 AtlasServerUpdateUtility_v1.9.5.exe PID(0) started.

Notice the PID(0). It's acting like it cannot find the file.  Here's an example if what it should look like:
   2019/08/06 23:09:49 AtlasServerUpdateUtility_v1.9.5.exe PID(36480) started.
It's possible that Windows Defender or another antivirus is blocking. If not done so already, try adding the AtlasServerUpdateUtility folder your Windows Defender Allow list.
It's also possible that the Windows Region (English vs Chinese) is causing issues, although I know of a couple other people in China using the program.
If these solutions do not help, let me know.
Thank you.

Edited by Phoenix125

On 8/5/2019 at 5:45 PM, Phoenix125 said:

@flex73The util has an automated backup option. It backs up the \ShooterGame\Saved\ folder (minus the ocean.A1.1500.atlas backup files), the redis folder, and the util's config files. It can also do full backups of your Atlas installation and any other folders you wish to add.

can i create an automatic backup every 30min?

Edited by flex73

@Phoenix125 Thank you for this manager, its so nice!!!

But i got a problem with the latest 1.9.5 build:

It just stop working the function to stop server.
I click on Stop Server, no matter with i choose to announce or not, it sent the do command exit, but the server don't shutdown.

I tested the rcon: sent msg to the server (thinking that it was a rcon bug), but it successfully broadcast the message to the server.

I'm using just one grid with Blackwood map.

Any idea how to fix it, please?

ty!

Edited by Joew Alabel