Phoenix125

server manager AtlasServerUpdateUtility (ASUU). Server Manager. Blackwood. Backups, Mod Updater, Crash Detection, Discord/Twitch

Patcher: So far v1.4.7 seems to be.  It has gone through 3 or 4 patches without any reported problems (except one, but he thinks it was something else that caused his issues).

FYI: In future releases, I will be releasing beta versions first and will convert them to stable when enough people have reported them to be stable.  I know reliability is very important.  I cannot test every situation, but luckily people have been reporting problems.

Edited by Phoenix125

1 hour ago, Phoenix125 said:

Patcher: So far v1.4.7 seems to be.  It has gone through 3 or 4 patches without any reported problems (except one, but he thinks it was something else that caused his issues).

FYI: In future releases, I will be releasing beta versions first and will convert them to stable when enough people have reported them to be stable.  I know reliability is very important.  I cannot test every situation, but luckily people have been reporting problems.

Thank you for your work.

New BETA version available!  I recommended to use on test servers only as features are only tested by me.
v1.5.0(beta1) (2019-03-17)
- Added: Window showing online users. Updates every 60 seconds by default, but is user definable.
- Fixed: Tray icon is much more responsive.
- Added: Tray icon turns grey when util is busy. 
- Added: Discord announcement and display notification when servers online and ready for connection.
- Added: Logs when users come online or go offline in new log file AtlasServerUpdateUtilityOnlineUserLog.txt.
- Added: Pause Utility. Pauses all functions.
- Added: Disable Server Update Check tray menu option.
- Added: Force Server Update Check tray menu option.
- Added: Beta version and Stable version selectability.

New config parameters:
- Check for online players every _ seconds (30-600) ###=60
- Send Discord message when all servers are back online (yes/no) ###=yes
- AtlasServerUpdateUtility version: (0)Stable, (1)Beta ###=1
- Announcement Servers back online ###=Atlas server online and ready for connection.

Download link: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/AtlasServerUpdateUtilityBeta.zip
Future versions will be able to download themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix125 said:

New BETA version available!  I recommended to use on test servers only as features are only tested by me.
v1.5.0(beta1) (2019-03-17)
- Added: Window showing online users. Updates every 60 seconds by default, but is user definable.
- Fixed: Tray icon is much more responsive.
- Added: Tray icon turns grey when util is busy. 
- Added: Discord announcement and display notification when servers online and ready for connection.
- Added: Logs when users come online or go offline in new log file AtlasServerUpdateUtilityOnlineUserLog.txt.
- Added: Pause Utility. Pauses all functions.
- Added: Disable Server Update Check tray menu option.
- Added: Force Server Update Check tray menu option.
- Added: Beta version and Stable version selectability.

New config parameters:
- Check for online players every _ seconds (30-600) ###=60
- Send Discord message when all servers are back online (yes/no) ###=yes
- AtlasServerUpdateUtility version: (0)Stable, (1)Beta ###=1
- Announcement Servers back online ###=Atlas server online and ready for connection.

Download link: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/AtlasServerUpdateUtilityBeta.zip
Future versions will be able to download themselves.

Have you thought about adding more of a GUI? Something like ARK server manager where you can adjust settings.

12 minutes ago, Patcher said:

Have you thought about adding more of a GUI? Something like ARK server manager where you can adjust settings.

Yeah.. that's the eventual goal.  The GUI will take a while to get going, so for now I've focused on adding features.

• Like 1

Minor BETA version update released (2019-03-25)
AtlasServerUpdateUtility_v1.5.0(beta3)
- Fixed: Online Users window no longer displays all previous values with each update.
- Added: Option to disable Online Users check (for window and log file).
- Added: SteamID to Online Users window and logfile.
- Added: Restart Server Now tray option.
- Changed: Increased theoretical grid limit from 100 to 400 (20x20).
Download link: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/AtlasServerUpdateUtilityBeta.zip or if already using the beta version, Select "Check for utility update" in tray icon.
Thanks! -Phoenix125

COMING SOON!  GUI Interface 
- The utility seems to be stable enough for me to focus my attention to creating a graphical interface!  
- I hope to have it ready by mid April.

Edited by Phoenix125

I don't know if you've heard about it before (I didn't read the thread, so apologies if it's the case). I'm setting 00:00 for daily restarts but it doesn't seem to work. It works for other minutes though. Any idea?

51 minutes ago, Norlinri said:

I don't know if you've heard about it before (I didn't read the thread, so apologies if it's the case). I'm setting 00:00 for daily restarts but it doesn't seem to work. It works for other minutes though. Any idea?

You are the only one to report that problem, but I just tested it and my system worked appropriately. Here are the .ini settings I used:

Use scheduled restarts? (yes/no) ###=yes
Restart days (comma separated 0-Everyday 1-Sunday 7-Saturday 0-7 ex.2,4,6) ###=0
Restart hours (comma separated 00-23 ex.04,16) ###=00
Restart minute (00-59) ###=00

I tested it on my v1.5.0(beta5) version, but I have not made any changes to the scheduler part of the util in a long time, so it should be the same on all recent versions.

If you like, PM me your AtlasServerUpdateUility.ini and the .log file (you can hide pwd info if you like) and I'll look into it.

Thanks for reporting.

Edited by Phoenix125

I'll send you it tomorrow 🙂

Have you tried with a value other than 0? We want to restart at midnight on Saturdays and Mondays (Fri/Sat night and Sun/Mon night).

I'll put something for tonight and see if it reboots, too 🙂

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Norlinri said:

I'll send you it tomorrow 🙂

Have you tried with a value other than 0? We want to restart at midnight on Saturdays and Mondays (Fri/Sat night and Sun/Mon night).

I'll put something for tonight and see if it reboots, too 🙂

Thanks!

I had tested this in the past, but just re-tested. It worked as it should.  I set my test server's clock to minutes before midnight and first tried:

Restart days (comma separated 0-Everyday 1-Sunday 7-Saturday 0-7 ex.2,4,6) ###=3

It restarted as it should for midnight Wednesday (3 4)  morning. (edited.. I had days wrong!)

I then changed the settings to:

Restart days (comma separated 0-Everyday 1-Sunday 7-Saturday 0-7 ex.2,4,6) ###=2,4

And it did NOT attempt to restart, since I told it to restart on Tues (2 3) and Thurs (4 5).  So it worked as it should for me! (edited.. I had days wrong!)

FYI: It begins the restart process x minutes before the restart time, where x represents the last number in "Announcement _ minutes before DAILY reboot (comma separated 0-60) ###=1,2,5,10,15" in the .ini.  Therefore, to test, I had to set my server's time to 11:45pm for it to initiate the restart process (15 minutes before the sched time of midnight). 

Edited by Phoenix125

40 minutes ago, Phoenix125 said:

I had tested this in the past, but just re-tested. It worked as it should.  I set my test server's clock to minutes before midnight and first tried:

Restart days (comma separated 0-Everyday 1-Sunday 7-Saturday 0-7 ex.2,4,6) ###=3

It restarted as it should for midnight Wednesday (3) morning.

I then changed the settings to:

Restart days (comma separated 0-Everyday 1-Sunday 7-Saturday 0-7 ex.2,4,6) ###=2,4

And it did NOT attempt to restart, since I told it to restart on Tues (2) and Thurs (4).  So it worked as it should for me!

FYI: It begins the restart process x minutes before the restart time, where x represents the last number in "Announcement _ minutes before DAILY reboot (comma separated 0-60) ###=1,2,5,10,15" in the .ini.  Therefore, to test, I had to set my server's time to 11:45pm for it to initiate the restart process (15 minutes before the sched time of midnight). 

Thanks for testing.

I thought with 1 being Sunday, 4 would be Wednesday, which is what I set it to, to try if it would reboot at midnight tonight.

So, is 00:00 considered part of the day you want it shut down? If I want it shut down tonight, shall I put 4 (Wed) or 3 (Tue)?

I put 4 and 00 00 in my config right now and to my understanding it should restart. Except if the days aren't as I think 🙂

4 hours ago, Norlinri said:

Thanks for testing.

I thought with 1 being Sunday, 4 would be Wednesday, which is what I set it to, to try if it would reboot at midnight tonight.

So, is 00:00 considered part of the day you want it shut down? If I want it shut down tonight, shall I put 4 (Wed) or 3 (Tue)?

I put 4 and 00 00 in my config right now and to my understanding it should restart. Except if the days aren't as I think 🙂

Well, I'm embarrassed lol. You are correct.  The days are as follows:  1 = Sunday, 2 = Monday, 3 = Tuesday, 4 = Wednesday, 5 = Thursday, 6 = Friday, 7 = Saturday.

My testing was flawed and my utility is flawed.  In my util, I adjusted the reboot time to account for the announcement lead time, but I forgot to have it adjust the day when the time overlaps after midnight. 

I will make that correction in the next release of my utility.  Thanks for noticing and reporting!  In the meantime, you will have to adjust your days by one. So for  Saturdays and Mondays, it will temporarily be: "Restart days (comma separated 0-Everyday 1-Sunday 7-Saturday 0-7 ex.2,4,6) ###=1,6"  

Sorry!

6 minutes ago, Phoenix125 said:

Well, I'm embarrassed lol. You are correct.  The days are as follows:  1 = Sunday, 2 = Monday, 3 = Tuesday, 4 = Wednesday, 5 = Thursday, 6 = Friday, 7 = Saturday.

My testing was flawed and my utility is flawed.  In my util, I adjusted the reboot time to account for the announcement lead time, but I forgot to have it adjust the day when the time overlaps after midnight. 

I will make that correction in the next release of my utility.  Thanks for noticing and reporting!  In the meantime, you will have to adjust your days by one. So for  Saturdays and Mondays, it will temporarily be: "Restart days (comma separated 0-Everyday 1-Sunday 7-Saturday 0-7 ex.2,4,6) ###=1,6"  

Sorry!

No worries at all 🙂 I guess most people reboot daily so it wouldn't have been noticeable!

Take your time, there's no rush 😄

(For you, Norlinri!)

v1.5.0(beta6)
- Fixed: When restart time is set to midnight, the restart days was off by one (unless daily chosen). It now restarts on days as scheduled. (Thanks Norlinri for reporting).
- Improved: The Online Players window is now fully resizable.

Known Issues:
- When the text is clicked on, the Online Users window will show the initial load text and the scroll bars don't always work.

http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/AtlasServerUpdateUtilityBeta.zip
or just click "Check for util update" in the utility's tray icon (if using a beta version).

• Like 1

atlasv1_5_0_(Beta8).jpg.8ecb0b20624700c354d8df22be18fb08.jpgNew BETA version available!
AtlasServerUpdateUtility v1.5.0(beta8) (2019-04-07) GUI BABY!!!!  Still very limited function, but it's a good start!  Much more to come!

New features / fixes
- Added: GUI INTERFACE for server info only... no config GUI window yet. (Still incomplete). The util can still run without the GUI for minimalists.
- Added: Option to keep redis running when rebooting or shutting down the utility.
- Added: Separate log files for Basic logging and Full logging (formerly debug).
- Added: Option to send RCON commands/messages to select servers only.
- Added: Button and config option to poll Remote Servers for online players and whether online.
- Added: Upon starting, the util skips the update checks if the time since last server update check is less than the update check interval for a much faster util restart.
- Added: Displays memory usage for each server grid.
- Added: Log entry when a server crashes.
- Changed: Added date to log files and moved them to "_Log" folder.
- Changed: All log files are now automatically deleted if older than user specified number of days.
- Changed: Moved all temp and work files into "\AtlasUtilFiles" folder.
- Changed: Moved all log files into "_Log" folder.
- Changed: Removed "Server Name", "Debug", "SteamDIR", "Rotate Log Files", from config.
- Changed: Hard-coded SteamCMD folder as "\SteamCMD". to simplify installation and because sharing SteamCMD with other programs can cause issues.
- Changed: During Online Players check, if server is not ready, the util will report "-" instead of "-1" or "0".
- Fixed: Online Players log now has consistent formatting.
- Fixed: Online Players window should update without having to refresh every time.

To update, just click "Check for util update" in the utility's tray icon (if running any beta version.. otherwise use link below).  Thanks!

Edited by Phoenix125
  • Like 1

v1.5.0(beta12) (2019-04-09) Several hotfixes and a few new features added.
Fixes
- "Line 37176" or "37178" errors: related ServerPID.tmp changes that were made with beta7 (which were undone!).
- Cleaned up the notification windows: they don't flicker anymore... it's actually starting to look like a reputable program!  Thanks for your help and patience!
- Log file, ini file, and notification windows now show correct version when running beta. (Thanks to AceMan for reporting!).
- Mod updater now correctly shows the current mod it is updating/checking for update.
- Server Names now show correctly

Added
- Added: Option to leave redis running during shut downs.
- Added: Send custom command line parameters PER GRID during server startup in the GridServerSelect.ini file.
- Many small improvements to notification windows and status indicator.

Changes
- Changed: Removed the hard stop for config changes (no need to restart the program), but added hard stop for GridServerSelect.ini file (To allow for disabling servers before they get run).
- Changed: Once the GUI came online, it now puts the Online Players window on top.

To update, just click "Check for util update" in the utility's tray icon.

Edited by Phoenix125

beta14main2.jpgWe're now on version AtlasServerUpdateUtility v1.5.0(beta14) (2019-04-09)... hopefully this version will be the next stable version.

HIGHLIGHTS of v1.5.0(beta7) to (beta14)
- Added: GUI INTERFACE for server info only... no config GUI window yet. (Still incomplete). The util can still run without the GUI for minimalists.
- Added: Option to send RCON commands/messages to select servers only.
- Added: Option to leave redis running during shut downs.
- Added: Send custom command line parameters PER GRID during server startup in the GridServerSelect.ini file. (Great for mixed PVP/PVE servers!)
- Added: Separate log files for Basic logging and Full logging (formerly debug).
- Added: Button and config option to poll Remote Servers for online players and whether server is online.
- Added: Log entry when a server crashes.
- Added: Much faster restart load time: Upon starting, the util skips the update checks if the time since last server update check is less than the update check interval.
- Added: Displays memory usage for each server grid.
- Fixed: Remote Restart now checks for proper shutdown and will send shutdown command five times or until closed.
- Fixed: Cleaned up the notification windows: they don't flicker anymore!
- Changed: Removed the hard stop for config changes (no need to restart the program), but added hard stop for GridServerSelect.ini file (To allow for disabling servers before they get run).
- Fixed: Online Players window updates without having to refresh every time.

To update, just click "Check for util update" in the utility's tray icon.
Download link: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/atlas/AtlasServerUpdateUtilityBeta.zip

Edited by Phoenix125

Online Players windows shows number of players, user name, and steamID for each grid. 
- The util also logs all changes in Online Players.
- The - (hyphen/dash) after server number indicates the server is offline or crashed.  In this example, it was a remote server that I did not have online.

beta14player.jpg

Edited by Phoenix125

I would like to see the ability to post messages to more than one discord added   exp Admin only discord and a community discord

Edited by Linearburn
added more

5 hours ago, Linearburn said:

I would like to see the ability to post messages to more than one discord added   exp Admin only discord and a community discord

I just replied to your PM, but for everyone else, too:

Eventually I plan to add an admin DIscord channel to send the basic log to, but it will be a month or two until I get that in probably.

Edited by Phoenix125

Might be able to do it easier by using a proper discord bot running in a loop in the server manager instead of a webhook would add more functionality also like a reboot from discord chat ect...   but that would add more complexity and i dont know what lauange your using for this