Sign in to follow this  
CookieJar

Disable Option for SoD

Since Official began to feel like a full-time job despite being with a large crew, me and a friend simply switched over to play on a private server. Though what I've noticed is that Ship of the Damned, are literally everywhere on the private server. We have noticed that the smaller the amount of grids, the more Ship of the Damned are centered in area's. The server admin is getting tired of them too, and he's been looking into either disabling or just decreasing their spawn rate. But he says this option is not implemented (yet), same goes for hurricanes that literally spawn ontop of you in a storm. 

My question would be to ask for a way to disable, or decrease ship of the damned spawn rate and hurricanes. This doesn't have to be implemented for official, obviously. But for private servers, it would be great. Because currently, the smaller the amount of grids, the more ship of the damned you will encounter and that shouldn't have to happen. Especially low level people who just get started. And nothing admins can do about it.

It is already in there, but not an ini like you think.   It is a server customization in the .json or island editor.   It is used on official for damned in polar and powerstone grids.

Not sure how number of grids has to do with it as it is a grid specific setting.  More likely is their spawn was balanced for the larger population expected to be killing them on official, unofficial has smaller populations thus less killing means more ships. 

Here is an old post on it. 

on 

Edited by krazmuze
  • Like 1