Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

I don't feel Grapeshot values it's players time, money, or effort put into its products.

This thread was created two hours after the submission of a ticket related to a failed Company merge on a PVE network. Our Customer Service crew rarely respond to a ticket in such a short amount of time. Exceptions to this more pertain to incidences where myself or Jat step in ourselves when the issue reported is time-sensitive and has potential wide-spread consequences in regards to the overall playerbase. Along with being Community Managers, we are on the Live Services team and identifying and working to repro and resolve game breaking bugs in a broader sense are aspects of our roles along with investigating player reports and Enforcement in the more complex and far reaching cases.

Whilst our resources lie on the side of technical solutions in order to address the underlying issues and, ideally, resolve those we do view Customer Service as an intrinsic aspect of the overall player experience. We've recently expanded our Customer Service resources and we will look at that again as we progress in our development cycle.

I think it is worth noting that I advised this player that I would assist them in getting their friend's items and creatures transferred across to the new Company myself if it hadn't been resolved by our GM team by tomorrow. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

With how complicated of a game this is, just think of how much trouble g.m. could cause though, two or three companies get in discord together and decide to all report another company for exploits, you can falsify some sort of evidence and get good legit players banned. 

Even in a big mmo like wow, you might get your account hacked, but if you submit two tickets for it they usually hand you all your stuff back twice, essentially doubling your gold/accounts original value. 

Takes too much investigating for alot of situations. 

They could do a better job posting important information, like you cant die while attempting a treasure map, or you wont be able to dig the gold, or a warning for the op situation such as are you sure you want to join this tribe and lose all your stuff. 

But no trying to be gm for games like this will probably dig you in a deep hole. 

Edited by Mike L

@Wh33ls

Then take your ball and go home if you don’t have the attention span to hang with the big boys. Your ADD is not my problem and if I want to use more than a few short sentences to take your post apart piece by piece, that’s what I’ll do.

Edited by boomervoncannon

56 minutes ago, Dollie said:

This thread was created two hours after the submission of a ticket related to a failed Company merge on a PVE network. Our Customer Service crew rarely respond to a ticket in such a short amount of time. Exceptions to this more pertain to incidences where myself or Jat step in ourselves when the issue reported is time-sensitive and has potential wide-spread consequences in regards to the overall playerbase. Along with being Community Managers, we are on the Live Services team and identifying and working to repro and resolve game breaking bugs in a broader sense are aspects of our roles along with investigating player reports and Enforcement in the more complex and far reaching cases.

Whilst our resources lie on the side of technical solutions in order to address the underlying issues and, ideally, resolve those we do view Customer Service as an intrinsic aspect of the overall player experience. We've recently expanded our Customer Service resources and we will look at that again as we progress in our development cycle.

I think it is worth noting that I advised this player that I would assist them in getting their friend's items and creatures transferred across to the new Company myself if it hadn't been resolved by our GM team by tomorrow. 

@Dollie

Unfortunately, this statement is simply untrue Dollie. This has been a build-up of multiple tickets from multiple people within our community and others. While I understand you are trying to save face, your statement is simply false. As a matter of fact, I still have tickets open from weeks ago, still unanswered, which is the root of the problem. The fact you were able to reply in Discord meant you could have notified the team of the issues in order to get them resolved in a timely manner.....but simply couldn't be bothered. While we understand you are here for widespread issues, it doesn't change the sheer obvious lack in customer service at the end of the day. Which is what my post was about.

Also, I am fairly sure being locked out of your own company due to an in-game bug is a big deal. Seeing as land, tame, and ship decay timers are all running.

We PM'd you to notify you of the game breaking issue, so hopefully, it was taken seriously. Just as when I reported the Brig stuck in the middle of the ocean with full wind. With your response only being HALF the truth, it's become clear where Grapeshot stands. Your customer service is seriously lacking and needs to be fixed. 

The way this was responded to has been eye-opening, to say the least. So as I understand it, we purchased the game in EA. But simply shouldn't expect support in a timely manner, if at all. I guess it's no wonder you guys were so shocked on your live stream by all the negative feedback and simply had to start ignoring it.

P.S.

What I find even more HILARIOUS is the fact you know there is an issue, and see the tickets submitted. But simply refuse to address it, until tomorrow. When you could have once again, already made sure it was addressed. And we all know the ticket will not be answered anytime soon. So I'll be holding you to your word to resolve it personally first thing tomorrow.

Edited by Tiberius_theron
  • Like 1

@Tiberius_theron

You need to relax mate - we're a couple months in and this is an early-access game. Things are going to stuff up, bug out, and you will lose everything. If you are not interested or have the tenacity for that, come back later when the game is more firmly developed. 

You actually already got responses from Jat and Dollie; these two are Community Managers and they are actually going out of their way to give you a response on tickets when, essentially, it's not their job. Even Dollie responded in this thread 

This thread was created two hours after the submission of a ticket related to a failed Company merge on a PVE network.

You stuffed up a merge and want a fix in 2 hours? Pull the other one buddy. 

Responses from Customer Support can take days, even weeks, that is just how it is - i'd assume most of the resources of the studio are being focused towards development of the game and fixing bugs / exploits - hence the 'Early Access'. Even when you get a response, there's no guarantee items will be replaced. In ARK i went through many many characters due to deletion bugs. I had a whinge sure (not on the general forums though), but then just re-leveled and rebuilt again because the game is in development and shit is going to go wrong. 

Harden up princess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@scoffy

Oh, look a troll on a newly made account...meant for trolling. I'd actually not be surprised if this Dollie on a 2nd account....lol.

I've never played a game since 1997 that the customer service team took days or weeks to resolve in-game issues. If it did no one would want to play them, hence this game.

Also, if I pay for something EA or not...I expect proper timely friendly customer service. PERIOD. If you say you don't you are simply being dishonest.

Now fuck off.

Just now, Tiberius_theron said:

@scoffy

Oh, look a troll on a newly made account...meant for trolling. 

I've never played a game since 1997 that the customer service team took days or weeks to resolve in-game issues. If it did no one would want to play them, hence this game.

Also, if I pay for something EA or not...I expect proper timely friendly customer service. PERIOD. If you say you don't you are simply being dishonest.

Now fuck off.

I dont think they had EA back in 1997 princess.

I'm not being dishonest, i fully expected when i bought this game that if and when i had issues (and in your case probably caused by user error), they may or may not be resolved - and i may or may not lose everything i had created at any time. 

But then I guess i'm not as precious as you

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius_theron said:

@scoffy

Oh, look a troll on a newly made account...meant for trolling. 

Now fuck off.

He's not worth it mate. I wouldn't be surprised if its 1 of the team on an original account, I really wouldn't.

I get why you're upset about it, they are out of their depth with this game, just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

@scoffy

Ok kid, take your little troll made account elsewhere. You fanboys are such fucking snowflakes when someone points out CLEAR issues with your precious developers. I would actually bet real money you are one of the team, if not Dollie, here trying to make the points made here look false. 

@DannyUK

Ya, not responding any further to him. It wouldn't surprise me to find out it was one of the dev team either hiding behind a newly made account. And you are completely right, the Dev team is completely out of there own depth and drowning.

9 minutes ago, Tiberius_theron said:

@scoffy

Ok kid, take your little troll made account elsewhere. You fanboys are such fucking snowflakes when someone points out CLEAR issues with your precious developers. I would actually bet real money you are one of the team, if not Dollie, here trying to make the points made here look false. 

Kid? Ironic consider you're the one here crying over spilt pixels. And i'm no fanboy - i have been critical in the past of development decisions made by Wildcard. edit - but, because im not a prima donna, I didnt start crying on the forums and harassing staff on discord. 

I had a forum account on playARK but lost it after i was globally banned, woops. Never bothered to make one for playATLAS till i saw this absolute drivel of a thread and was so moved to speak out. 

Also, i am willing to take that bet for 'real money', please private me your details and we can try sort something out.  

Edited by Scoffy
  • Haha 1

Wow, I understand the frustration but seriously, you got your wish. Got a response and to me a commitment to make things right. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they back burnered your problem. Alot of us would have been extremely grateful to the response one way or the other. Acting like this won't do you, or any other ticket creater any good. 

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

@Wh33ls

Then take your ball and go home if you don’t have the attention span to hang with the big boys. Your ADD is not my problem and if I want to use more than a few short sentences to take your post apart piece by piece, that’s what I’ll do.

You took nothing apart. Your original comment was how their customer service is shit. Yet, Dolly responded to the original ticket, and to this thread within hours.

Seems like some decent response time to me. 

8 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

The minute one pays for a product, one has the right to expect to be treated like a customer. Testers in free alpha and beta trials of times gone by could not reasonably expect support. In a paid EA, one should certainly expect to encounter bugs and glitches, but to say that one should expect unprofessional levels of CS response times just because it is EA is ignoring the difference between free trials and paid. If Wildshot™ does not want to provide reasonable levels of CS support during EA, let them make EA free. They are not broke, sitting on 3 years of Top 10 steam levels of revenue from Ark. Failing to provide professional levels of CS in a paid product, EA or no, is not excusable.

7 hours ago, Wh33ls said:

They had support, Jat replied and explained their reasoning for not giving back individual items. They could have a team of 1,000 GM's giving back all the items people "lost" in game due to bugs and nothing would would ever get fixed. So instead, they are fixing the bugs that cause the problems. 

[9:01 AM]JAT:

GMs may provide more immediate gratification, but it's our development team that is going to fix the issues with our game in the long term

7 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Notice how I never argued that GM’s should give back items. My statements were about reasonable levels of CS support or lack therof. Nothing you just said invalidates or changes my statements. Ark had a lousy track record of CS responsiveness and as I explained Atlas’s core differences mean CS responsibilities are less easily offloaded onto private server owners.

7 hours ago, Wh33ls said:

Then what is a reasonable level of customer service? In the first example he said, "just this morning", and he has already posted Dollies reply. That seems like a pretty quick response time. 

7 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Ummm, reread the Op’s post. Dollie’s response didn’t resolve the issue, merely advised that at some unspecified point in the future a GM would address it. No disrespect to Dollie but this isn’t a true response unless you consider hearing “please continue to hold, your call is important to us” to be a response.

6 hours ago, Wh33ls said:

I didn't say she resolved it, I said she responded. I'm fine hearing that if I am getting transferred to someone who can fix my problem. Dollie's job is not* GM or dev, so I doubt she has the ability to fix in game problems. 

6 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

You are splitting hairs by using the word response when what matters is not response but resolution. Acceptable levels of CS are 10% response time and 90% resolution time. It is nice that Dollie at least let him know they were aware of the issue in a timely manner, but only extraordinarily incompetent levels of CS fail to do this bare minimum. If you consider this a fully acceptable level of CS on its own I pray you’re never the CS rep I get stuck dealing with anywhere.

This would be piss poor CS, and given this companies track record, this is directly analogous to the concern being expressed by the Op, which you seem intent on dismissing on grounds I do not agree are acceptable.

Dude, you literally backtracked 4 times on the first page of posts. 

You - Shit response times

Me - They responded quickly

You - I didn't say give stuff back, I said responsiveness. 

Me - They responded quickly.

You - But they didn't resolve

Me - I said respond not resolve

You - You are splitting hairs by using the word response when what matters is not response but resolution.

How  could they resolve the issue without giving their stuff back and therefore invalidating your "I didn't say give stuff back" response?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wh33ls said:

You took nothing apart. Your original comment was how their customer service is shit. Yet, Dolly responded to the original ticket, and to this thread within hours.

Seems like some decent response time to me. 

You wouldn’t know what I took apart because your ADD keeps you from reading a novel remember?  

And my original comment wasn’t about how their customer service is shit. It was about how paying customers have the right to expect CS regardless of whether the game is EA or not. That applies to all games, not just Atlas. If Atlas’s team is able to provide reasonable levels of CS I will applaud them for it and would prefer it since I’m one of their customers. If they do not and someone raises the issue I take exception to anyone trying dismiss the issue with the excuse of “it’s EA”

Some folks whinge about things they should expect as part of the EA process. When they do so I call them out for whinging. But some things are legitimate complaints. CS for paying customers is one of them.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wh33ls said:

Dude, you literally backtracked 4 times on the first page of posts. 

You - Shit response times

Me - They responded quickly

You - I didn't say give stuff back, I said responsiveness. 

Me - They responded quickly.

You - But they didn't resolve

Me - I said respond not resolve

You - You are splitting hairs by using the word response when what matters is not response but resolution.

How  could they resolve the issue without giving their stuff back and therefore invalidating your "I didn't say give stuff back" response?

This is simple and I shouldn’t need to walk you through this. Dollie responding to say “a gm will address it” is a response but not resolution. You were splitting hairs over the word response when what matters is resolution. This was already covered. You were treating response as if it was resolution. It is not, and that is why I said “ I didn’t say give stuff back” I was addressing the difference between response and resolution that you conflated.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Thanks 1

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

You wouldn’t know what I took apart because your ADD keeps you from reading a novel remember?  

And my original comment wasn’t about how their customer service is shit. It was about how paying customers have the right to expect CS regardless of whether the game is EA or not. That applies to all games, not just Atlas. If Atlas’s team is able to provide reasonable levels of CS I will applaud them for it and would prefer it since I’m one of their customers. If they do not and someone raises the issue I take exception to anyone trying dismiss the issue with the excuse of “it’s EA”

Some folks whinge about things they should expect as part of the EA process. When they do so I call them out for whinging. But some things are legitimate complaints. CS for paying customers is one of them.

There is customer service, your acceptable level is different than my acceptable level. I'm playing an EA game and I think the customer service is great, hell I think it's amazing @Jathal and @Dollie actually respond to DM's and forum posts. 

I think whine, and whining are the words you are looking for.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

This is simple and I shouldn’t need to walk you through this. Dollie responding to say “a gm will address it” is a response but not resolution. You were splitting hairs over the word response when what matters is resolution. This was already covered. You were treating response as if it was resolution. It is not, and that is why I said “ I didn’t say give stuff back” I was addressing the difference between response and resolution that you conflated.

So you were arguing that they were not responsive, then you argued you didn't say get their stuff back, then you argued response and resolve are different, then you argued to resolve they need their stuff because responding wasn't enough, then you argued they needed a resolution. 

*SLOW CLAP* That is some Grade A mental gymnastics. 

6 minutes ago, Wh33ls said:

There is customer service, your acceptable level is different than my acceptable level. I'm playing an EA game and I think the customer service is great, hell I think it's amazing @Jathal and @Dollie actually respond to DM's and forum posts. 

I think whine, and whining are the words you are looking for.

Well I’ll tell you what my acceptable level of CS doesn’t include: support members knowingly making factual misrepresentations in their communications to the playerbase. I don’t have any evidence in hand one way or the other, but the OP is saying clearly that Dollie’s post is not truthful and accurate. If that turns out to be the case, I don’t think any reasonable person could call that great or amazing. I do think we have different ideas about what constitutes acceptable CS and whether EA puts CS on a sliding scale or not. EA for small indie developers just trying to get a product out will understandably grant them a lot of slack where having the resources to provide CS is concerned. This stopped being a category that Wildcard and by extension Grapeshot belonged to some time ago.

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Well I’ll tell you what my acceptable level of CS doesn’t include: support members knowingly making factual misrepresentations in their communications to the playerbase. I don’t have any evidence in hand one way or the other, but the OP is saying clearly that Dollie’s post is not truthful and accurate. If that turns out to be the case, I don’t think any reasonable person could call that great or amazing. I do think we have different ideas about what constitutes acceptable CS and whether EA puts CS on a sliding scale or not. EA for small indie developers just trying to get a product out will understandably grant them a lot of slack where having the resources to provide CS is concerned. This stopped being a category that Wildcard and by extension Grapeshot belonged to some time ago.

Well, your second sentence completely invalidates your first. I don't have proof, but I'm going to shape my opinion on that lack of proof. Love it. 

9 minutes ago, Wh33ls said:

So you were arguing that they were not responsive, then you argued you didn't say get their stuff back, then you argued response and resolve are different, then you argued to resolve they need their stuff because responding wasn't enough, then you argued they needed a resolution. 

*SLOW CLAP* That is some Grade A mental gymnastics. 

Oh stop. This is a deliberate distortion.

1. I argued that CS is a reasonable expectation EA or not. YOU conflated response and resolution , and I clarified that quick response is not equal to quick resolution. This was clearly stated before and what you’re doing now is deliberate distortion of my statements. What that resolution might be is not something I ever specified and frankly isn’t getmaine to the point being made as long as the resolution meets generally acceptable standards.

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yes, i'm sure a disgruntled and angry player, who just lost a bunch of their / friends' stuff, is completely telling the truth, and the Assistant Community Manager is lying on the Official Forums.

In the original post @Tiberius_therononly selected a couple of lines from his conversations - I'd actually love to see the full conversation to see just how little "Grapeshot values it's players".

Distortion, I quoted the entire chain, chronologically. 

The generally accepted resolution in the OP's case was to get their stuff back. 

Keep going though, I'm thoroughly enjoying this. 

19 minutes ago, Wh33ls said:

Well, your second sentence completely invalidates your first. I don't have proof, but I'm going to shape my opinion on that lack of proof. Love it. 

3 minutes ago, Wh33ls said:

Distortion, I quoted the entire chain, chronologically. 

The generally accepted resolution in the OP's case was to get their stuff back. 

Keep going though, I'm thoroughly enjoying this. 

You quoted the entire chain chronologicially, leaving your own responses out and then attempted to frame things that were my responses to things you initiated as reversals, backtracking or mental gymnastics on my part. THAT is distortion. You're further distorting here by mischaracterizing me here:

"Well I’ll tell you what my acceptable level of CS doesn’t include: support members knowingly making factual misrepresentations in their communications to the playerbase. I don’t have any evidence in hand one way or the other, but the OP is saying clearly that Dollie’s post is not truthful and accurate"

You reference this but deliberately omit the contingent third sentence:

"If that turns out to be the case, I don’t think any reasonable person could call that great or amazing."

IF

If is the important contingent qualifier you conveniantly ignore. I am acknowledging no evidence in hand, which is fair minded, without ignoring a troubling accusation. The OP has not been throwing a temper tantrum as if his hair is on fire. Even when he calls Dollie out, he does so in clear measured tones, so no, I'm not inclined to dismiss his assertions out of hand as just baseless bs. Let me ask you this:

IF his assertions prove to have merit, would you continue to assert that the CS provided is amazing? I'm perfectly happy to acknowledge good CS when it's provided, and as I've stated it's what I'd prefer to do. Are you willing to not support bad CS, if that proves to be the case?

15 minutes ago, Scoffy said:

Yes, i'm sure a disgruntled and angry player, who just lost a bunch of their / friends' stuff, is completely telling the truth, and the Assistant Community Manager is lying on the Official Forums.

In the original post @Tiberius_therononly selected a couple of lines from his conversations - I'd actually love to see the full conversation to see just how little "Grapeshot values it's players".

I'd also love to see the full conversation. More information usually leads to a greater understanding of the truth. In the absence of evidence absolutely either way, you will have to forgive me if I remain skeptical given WildCard's poor track record of CS with Ark, and GrapeShot being run by the same decision makers.