Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

I don't feel Grapeshot values it's players time, money, or effort put into its products.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

You quoted the entire chain chronologicially, leaving your own responses out and then attempted to frame things that were my responses to things you initiated as reversals, backtracking or mental gymnastics on my part. THAT is distortion. You're further distorting here by mischaracterizing me here:

"Well I’ll tell you what my acceptable level of CS doesn’t include: support members knowingly making factual misrepresentations in their communications to the playerbase. I don’t have any evidence in hand one way or the other, but the OP is saying clearly that Dollie’s post is not truthful and accurate"

You reference this but deliberately omit the contingent third sentence:

"If that turns out to be the case, I don’t think any reasonable person could call that great or amazing."

IF

If is the important contingent qualifier you conveniantly ignore. I am acknowledging no evidence in hand, which is fair minded, without ignoring a troubling accusation. The OP has not been throwing a temper tantrum as if his hair is on fire. Even when he calls Dollie out, he does so in clear measured tones, so no, I'm not inclined to dismiss his assertions out of hand as just baseless bs. Let me ask you this:

IF his assertions prove to have merit, would you continue to assert that the CS provided is amazing? I'm perfectly happy to acknowledge good CS when it's provided, and as I've stated it's what I'd prefer to do. Are you willing to not support bad CS, if that proves to be the case?

Nope, my responses were also quoted. 

atlas.thumb.jpg.30c33cf3ab6452d69d0ecaa853302d88.jpg

So you make a statement saying this is unacceptable, but if it's not true that's ok. Backtrack some more dude. 

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I'd also love to see the full conversation. More information usually leads to a greater understanding of the truth. In the absence of evidence absolutely either way, you will have to forgive me if I remain skeptical given WildCard's poor track record of CS with Ark, and GrapeShot being run by the same decision makers.

Yup, I bet the execs at Grapeshot have specifically told their CS team to be assholes to the customers and lie to the playerbase on the forums. 

1 minute ago, Wh33ls said:

Nope, my responses were also quoted. 

atlas.thumb.jpg.30c33cf3ab6452d69d0ecaa853302d88.jpg

So you make a statement saying this is unacceptable, but if it's not true that's ok. Backtrack some more dude. 

No I'm just going to let people read these statements for themselves and decide who they think is distorting what. You are quite clearly locked into a view of things that cannot be reasoned with and I grow tired of having to repeat the same logical statements to you and then having you not follow the logic and try to twist it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

No I'm just going to let people read these statements for themselves and decide who they think is distorting what. You are quite clearly locked into a view of things that cannot be reasoned with and I grow tired of having to repeat the same logical statements to you and then having you not follow the logic and try to twist it. 

Yup, don't let me muddle up your good story with the truth. 

Just now, Wh33ls said:

Yup, don't let me muddle up your good story with the truth. 

Then we both agree that others can judge for themselves what has transpired here. You can proclaim yourself the bearer of truth til the cows come home. I am content to let others decide for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this thread is getting a little out of hand. You're welcome to believe what you'd like about our team. Here's the deal with how we'd like to handle customer service for the time being:

When someone opens a ticket, that ticket is automatically closed with an auto response. Our GM team will then look into it to see if it's one we are currently supporting if so they'll begin investigating and may open the ticket to ask for further information. This more or less was always the situation, we'd close tickets we weren't supporting and just deal with key issues. We've just automated that part of the process. 

I understand that this isn't ideal. In an ideal situation, we'd be able to support every single ticket that comes in and deal with it from either a technical or customer service point of view. However, at this time in our development phase, we're going to be using this system to identify game issues and trends so that we can tackle them from a technical/development point of view. The team have determined that this is the most efficient use of our resources and will ensure that we're able to resolve problems quickly and for a larger amount of players. It will also ensure that we can avoid those problems existing in the future, the alternative would be tackling them more slowly and risking more players having to deal with game breaking issues. 

Yes, having a large and super responsive GM team would certainly be helpful, and I would love it but as is recruiting programmers and engineers to work on core problems which will have much more of an impact on the entire player base. The goal is to solve problems so that they do not exist overall. However, this doesn't mean we won't be doing any GM/ticketing work. We still plan to take action against rule breakers, hackers/cheaters, people who are harassing each other, resolving company problems, etc using the report system and the tools we have available to us.

We've been pretty transparent about this from the beginning, it was mentioned in the initial Captain's Log, it was included in an announcement on our Official Discord, and our automated response when opening a ticket also makes clear what the primary function behind it is for. It's not a matter of not valuing your time, it's a matter of recognizing how we can best utilize the resources we have available to us and what practically is the best way for our team to fix problems with the game and that players are experiencing on a day to day basis.

Over time, the process will improve. We'll have a larger team, who will be equipped with better tools and information to tackle problems via tickets and we'll have dealt with a lot of the current issues which are plaguing the game, resulting in tickets being created. We believe that this plan of action will inevitably lead to a better game, a better experience for players, and in the long term a better customer support service.

I understand that you may feel frustrated with this in the meantime, and I am sympathetic to you, however, this is how are going to proceed going forward. Everything is a process, and as we make strides in our development resolving issues, that will clear up the response rate. Additionally, as the game grows and the project gets further into its development cycle, the team will grow too. That will lead to having more active GMs, readily available to handle tickets. 

Going to shut down this topic, in future please be more civil with one another when discussing topics.

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3