Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Yarrr

The egocentricness of some companies...

8 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

All the pillaring and foundation claims on Lawless areas. 

It's ARK allover.

Utterly ridiculous.

What is really ridiculous is that the devs are virtually forcing people to do this as they take zero action. I advise anyone on lawless to do this as it is the only defense you have to stop companies from potentially griefing you as they have many of us. It seems that the only way to play is be an AHole first and save yourself some time and anguish later.

• Like 1

What they should do in lawless areas on a PVE server is have blocks decay much faster, say two hours, if it is not connected to anything. The spamming of floors on lawless islands is ridiculous. Lawless areas are perfect for solo players or small groups. If you want to own an island, put a flag down on other servers!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

What they should do in lawless areas on a PVE server is have blocks decay much faster, say two hours, if it is not connected to anything. The spamming of floors on lawless islands is ridiculous. Lawless areas are perfect for solo players or small groups. If you want to own an island, put a flag down on other servers!

I couldn't agree any less.

Well put.

23 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

All that is gonna do is make it worse. Now people will have 2  connected,  if that gets changed then they will connect 3 and so on.

why ppl live in lawless? cause no claim anywhere

fix claim problem solved

there more ppl playing in lawless than the rest of the world...

6 hours ago, haseo said:

why ppl live in lawless? cause no claim anywhere

fix claim problem solved

there more ppl playing in lawless than the rest of the world...

There are claims popping up left and right to steal. There is plenty of land if you take the time to look. People keep spreading the myth that there is no land, so people stay in lawless. Why go look if there isn't any? Bob said there was no land, so we will just stay here instead of wasting our time sailing and looking....

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bryan said:

There are claims popping up left and right to steal. There is plenty of land if you take the time to look. People keep spreading the myth that there is no land, so people stay in lawless. Why go look if there isn't any? Bob said there was no land, so we will just stay here instead of wasting our time sailing and looking....

how you can claim if you cant put a flag even when the timer at 0? or in negatvie number? 

Edited by haseo

I just had a run in with a company (I shall not call it here, but will be if there's no action taken) at H7 (EU PvE). Hundreds of pillars and foundations everywhere. I asked in a nice way if they could remover them to make some space, but all i get are blocks.

Can we have an admin here to clean up the place?

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

33 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

I just had a run in with a company (I shall not call it here, but will be if there's no action taken) at H7 (EU PvE). Hundreds of pillars and foundations everywhere. I asked in a nice way if they could remover them to make some space, but all i get are blocks.

Can we have an admin here to clean up the place?

The company in question made space for us here.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:37 PM, Anne Wildcat said:

Instead of changing the decay timer they should limit the amount foundations that can be placed, set it to something like 100 (just a random even number) that is a 10*10 block of foundations  which should be enough for a small - medium company to build a main base, it won't stop foundation spamming but it will limit it severely. It would also help discourage people from living in the lawless for the entire duration of the game. Its not meant to be a permanent home, its meant to be a starting base for people coming out of the free ports.

22 hours ago, shadeslayer224 said:

Instead of changing the decay timer they should limit the amount foundations that can be placed, set it to something like 100 (just a random even number) that is a 10*10 block of foundations  which should be enough for a small - medium company to build a main base, it won't stop foundation spamming but it will limit it severely. It would also help discourage people from living in the lawless for the entire duration of the game. Its not meant to be a permanent home, its meant to be a starting base for people coming out of the free ports.

I think your idea has merit but I don't agree when you say lawless isn't suppose to be a permanent home. Yes, it shouldn't be our permanent home technically but the current claim system is forcing people to live in lawless areas because finding land to claim is very hard. After I lost my one claim I've been looking for a new claim for a long time. Finding land has been made even harder with the long timers (something I agree is needed due to people having lives) but without a limit or upkeep systems, a handful of people have control of most of the land. This is forcing most of the community into living in the lawless area. As for renting land nice concept but it doesn't work. There is no protection or punishment for evicting renter without warning. They need to fix the claiming system so a greater percentage of the remaining population can actually find a claim to live on.