Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf007

Dont use Barrel Bombs anymore!!!!

The last update made barrel bombs meaningless. It says the damage went down by 20% when in reality it looks more like 60%. You can no longer put barrels in the center of the ship underwater and get both sides of the ship. The damage will only register to one side on ships larger than a sloop. If you place 4+ barrels to get enough damage to break planks it throws the ship to one side meaning a second set at the same time will miss.

The damage I get on barrels is 1800 a barrel, thats 600 more than a oil jar, that's not even looking at the fact to use a barrel you have to be in claimed water. Save your blasting powder, and just use oil pots.

Also, don't split your stack in your inventory, the split stack will disappear.

In order to take multiple barrels from a storage one at a time, or say 1 more than half a stack, you have to pull the half stack, put it in a separate container, pull 1, put it in the container with the ones you want, and then take the stack. This whole you can only have 1 stack, they screwed up the system for it.

Right, people are zerging with barrel bombs atm, your argument not valid. They are shredding through boats and bases. Takes 2 well places barrels to take out a brig

Edited by Bad News Bear

58 minutes ago, Notorious said:

So what your saying is the oil jar needs nerfed that way the barrel is more meaningful   😃 lol

*tackles him and stuffs a gag in his mouth to keep him from putting ideas in the devs heads*

I got it folks. 

We're good. 

Just don't let him go on like that when I go to get lunch. 😛

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Haha 1

no, barrel bombs are really only usefull in lawless. If you build in lawless for the faster respawn, you put yourself in danger. Barrel bombs shouldnt have been nerfed that bad because lawless was meant to be a lot more dangerous anyway. Additionally it also means barrel bombs are useless in other zones until you take a flag. What does that mean? It means super small companies shouldnt be claiming entire islands that they can't properly defend, which frees up real estate. It's crowded, there are still companies looking for a home, and or allies, but everyone has been in so many pvp skirmishes nobody trusts the new guy with a land claim anymore. Hell they made it so they could make claims neutral, but people wont even allow that for fear they just gave a possible enemy a bed spawn on their land.

But i digress, you do not use barrels anymore, "Especially" on bases !!   it's loud, and because of the damage nerf it's easier to farm oil than traveling to separate sites for other resources you might need. Additionally, if nobody is within render, they can't hear an oil jar go off. Sadly the new meta for lawless has become place a land claim down near a building and use a cannon. SOOOO much cheaper than barrels. And if they show up to defend and you're really just trying to be a dick, you repeat the process elsewhere on the island. Oh, and I only started doing all this solo zerging myself and learning some of these things because they've been done to me. It all comes around.

They actually said lawless was meant to be a jumping platform for new players from freeports to eventually reach claimable land. Now the player base and even myself thought lawless was what it has become. 

Flame arrows were the meta. Then Barrel Bombs by glitching through the hull and oil jars. Now it's just Oil jars... Don't worry it's neutering is surely on the way which isn't  a bad thing. the game needs to be balanced out. It's far to easy for a few players hell a single player to cause absolute havoc on huge area with very little effort.