Jatheish

Creature Designer

Question

Let's play a game! If you were a designer, what would you change about the following tamable creatures? We often hear feedback that players don't find value in most of the ones we've tamable, and I know some ideas have been shared in various threads previously but figured I'd make a giant thread where y'all can suggest. Not saying any of this is going to happen, but curious to see what you suggest.

• Bear
  • Chicken
  • Cow
  • Bull
  • Crow
  • Razortooth
  • Shieldhorn
  • Elephant
  • Giant Pig
  • Giraffe
  • Horse
  • Lion
  • Monkey
  • Ostrich
  • Parrot
  • Penguin
  • Rabbit
  • Rhino
  • Seagull
  • Sheep
  • Tiger
  • Vulture
  • Wolf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Haven't had chance to read through everything but I think it'd be cool if you can add something to the bottom of Beast Mastery skill tree that lets you share a skill with the tame on your shoulder.

Like Crow can refresh your skills instantly or make you respec.

As everyone mentioned the seagull can either fish or warn about weather conditions.

Monkey can be sent to fetch "lost" or glitched out tames if you nearby them.

I also think it would be nice to have formations for tames be it NPC Crew or Rhino's/Bears/Tigers etc. to be able to go out and adventure with a herd/pack of animals that defend you or gather what ever you are gathering. (If I have 3 Rhino's for example, Ride one and have 2 following the one I ride they mimic what ever it does with in limits)(Or if I'm on a wolf and tamed a pack they all attack incoming threats) formation example below:

(Tame) (Tame) (Tame)

(Tame) (You) (Tame)

(Tame) (Tame) (Tame)

Tier of animal should also matter more like a lvl 4 wolf shouldn't hold a candle to a lvl 4 tiger/lion. Which also covers the fact that a wolf tame dies to a sheep 2 lvls higher than it. (My wolf with a company member - Wasn't there but the message stung hard)

Lastly I saw this mentioned but an armour slot for some tames... I don't want a monkey in plate armour but a horse? Yes please!

Please please please have a perch for shoulder animals for when you log out that can also be placed on a ship... This might also help "cement" where the creature is when you log off so the don't go missing

Thanks for an Awsome game and keep up the good work. Many hours of fun has been had!

Edited by TridentSpoon
Added to th ideas

I think the elephant is the worst, needs a boost to stamina regeneration, you literally have to sit there for about 20 - 30 minutes, waiting for it to regen fully. The Wolf is fairly useless due to its low health pool,stamina and weight, i believe the worst of them is the weight, they can maybe hold 2 - 3 stacks of hide. The Bull is rather useless in general, it has no desired item collection, possibly adding it as a thatch collector would make sense? All shoulder pets need a fix as they fly off your boat when transferring servers if you forget to take them off your shoulder , which is 90% of the time. Penguins could use a boost to Area of effect insulation, as the range is terrible, and i currently have about 30 penguins which seem to do almost nothing for breeding, and eat fish like a humpback whale. Rhino could use a weight beef, is annoying only being able to carry a small amount of stone or metal. Also i currently take advantage of this myself, but i can see an issue becoming of allowing people to leave animals in the freeport, i currently have a an elephant a bear and 2 wolfs sitting in the freeport, i keep them there so i dont have to carry the extra weight back and forth, but i can see it becoming an issue with a very high decay timer, it is no problem for me to even log into that freeport once a day to make sure my timer gets reset and my animals do not die of starvation :D. essentially it gives me a free safezone for my farming animals, that other players will never be able to kill, not sure that is the intention but it most definitely works :D.

Id like to see a tame that can go fetch fishes. Like a seagull or maybe the penguin. Wouldn't it be awesome if they brought the fishes in their mouth to a location of your choosing 😄

• Like 1

Ok I know it will never happen but I would love to harvesting done a bit different. 

I would love for harvesting animals to be more of an attach a different saddle with the difference in tiers being more about weight the animal can carry and how well it can defend against predators.. So if you want to harvest fibre you attach a sickle mower, rocks or metal attach a rock breaker and you get the idea. Horses and bulls would become your main harvesting options. 

I would remove rhinos and bears as harvesting options and make them purely the tank combat tames.

Ostrich and giraffe would be utility tames, giraffe would need some love, most of the utility tames need love, I don't really have any suggestions some of the suggestions in the other replies are decent.

Also slightly removed from tames but still fairly relevant,  remove swivels and cannons from carts. Add a field cannon that can be moved at ~ walking pace by a tame or multiple players manning it at the same time. 

Had a new Idea!

Bee Keeping!

So... I was gathering honey to take advantage of the wonderful 3x taming... and it crossed my mind that it would be cool as all get out if we could bee keep. Not like the bees in Ark, I'm over that. But full on bee keeping. Having to hit the honey comb until you get a queen and a mini game of catching her in a jar? You'd have to build a hive for them, and when you wanted to collect you'd have a smoker with a mini-game and if you messed up you'd get stung unless there was a bee keeping suit maybe? Maybe no suit cause that'd be funny to watch, mess your team mates up on purpose and watch them run, being chased by bees....

I haven't read any above comments so there may be overlapping suggestions. Bare in mind, tames are not y'alls focus, but some of us came just for that. I am one such fan base. I don't like ocean/sailing, fighting. I like farming and breeding. I followed friends over to Atlas and we have tons of fun even with me not being involved in the "pirate" aspects. Beyond playing with a mortar for kicks and giggles. :3

Bear - Honestly love it, though it'd be nice to have an option to select what I gather. Going for fiber and have to drop 5k berry s every few seconds gets old fast. And not just the bear, just about every other gathering tame. It is slow lumbering but that's understandable, and I love that it eats berry's along with meat.

Wolf - Oh my holy no. My poor wolves attack EVERYTHING. Its nearly impossible to get one, let alone a prime leveled one. IF you can find one not attacking something and ergo getting killed, (cause the nerf has rendered them impotent), then you have to hope you can get it to a trap without it aggroing to something. And if you get it tamed, then it just sits in your base, useless. It can't hold a candle to the tiger and bear.

Bulls- I wish they had more of a use beyond impregnating my cows and eating all the food. Lol, lazy bums. I'd say thatch but I really want Giraffes to do that and I'd cry if they became more useless. ( Addition, what about have farms that after being laid, could be 2X2 size? Has to ACTUALLY need to be plowed, and you have the cows on wander fertilizing it.... though in real life they'd eat it all... so maybe you can make farm land that lines up and plant grass/hay that could continue growing/feeding the cows as they made fertilizer that would gather in the plot, then you'd take it out and go use it on your vegetable/fruit plots...)

Elephant - Love the weight, hate the stamina. Not only does it blow through it quick it takes a horribly long time to get it back. Also another creature that I wish I could have an option to opt out of berry's when gathering wood.

Pig - I actually like the pigs, they look neat and the tusks are awesome. But, they have no purpose beyond fertilizer. Real life hogs are dangerous and can gore you with tusks and are known to be quite good at finding mushrooms/truffles.

Giraffe - Change nothing beyond the berry option thing. LOVE THEM! So beautiful. Though I wish all the tames were easier to paint more complex designs on, everything gets all blurry and mushed in the transfer. Can you imagine a galaxy painted giraffe? I legit paid $20 for a galaxy painted tiger. I would for a giraffe the moment it came out.

Horse - love them except the AI when trying to chase them down to tame. They always go for water. Maybe if you could grapple them with multiple people or use a lasso to passive tame it or bola it?

Lion - I adore Lions, except that its just for how they look. They don't have bleed like Tigers, and they don't have knock back like Bears, so mine mainly sit around. No real use.

Ostrich - I love them except they have no purpose beyond running around, which I use a horse for since their weight is AMAZING. So Ostrich is just for a pretty bird. Maybe if the had a nest to incubate eggs for you?

Penguin - Cute, snuggle crazy but apparently don't help temps when raising baby's so that's all they're good for.

Rabbit - please give these a purpose, insulation, a buff anything. I love them, and have a severe hoarding issue with them but with them being useless my company mates are not amused. And maybe nerf their size? It's very distracting seeing a rabbit the size of a dog awkwardly sitting atop my shoulder though it has tempted me to see if my dog would be able to perform such a feat.

A few possible creature additions along with a more detailed explanation of painting possibilities. Tames/Mobs:

Deer - could act as a passive tame, and passive gathering or a passive heal ability

Foxes - Cute, popular, passive tame, could "fetch" things, or act as an insulator. Would be exceedingly neat if they could wrap around a players neck like an Otter.

Dogs - many breeds to choose from but I could easily see a type of herding dog, Pyrenees to help herd animals, Wolfhound to help hunt wolves and other large creatures, or German Shepard's as attack dogs.

Cats - could use to hunt rats, could also act as a insulator, could use as a small creature to snag other small animals, (kind of like a living bola).

Rats - Mob, aggressive, small and hard to hit, could infect with diseases

Goats - Good for milk and butter, passive tame, could be carried on shoulders.

Ferrets/Weasel - could fetch, dig and be worn for insulation.

Peacock - Shoulder pet, passive, could add a cooling affect, or a stat buff.

Hawk - Attack buff, also could be used as an attack pet to heckle other players or wild creatures.

Owl - Could also be used as a living bola, hunt rats, and add a cooling buff.

Game Content for Tames:

Blankets - could be used to warm baby animals or players could soak in water barrels to cool off baby animals.

Hay - used as bedding for baby animals to keep warm.

Fan - could be held by player and used to cool off baby animals.

Bottle - could use cows or goats milk to feed baby animals to increase imprint and to also emphasize the usefulness of tames.

Brush - could be used on horses and sheep alike, to increase affection points?, and also to groom the sheep to get higher quality wool.

Armor for Tames - could implement many different kinds of armor for tames, making them customizable with paints, and different quality's for designs. This could really make a MMO feeling, in my favorite MMO's the thing I loved most was customization. Yeah we all had the same tools to design our characters BUT what made it yours was finding that color combo, that armor, and for our companions that armor, that really made it OURS.

Affection Points - could have an affection meter for tames, not just imprint on them for a buff, but an active meter to pet, groom and feed your tame for a lasting affection boost. I realize this would make for a difficult build but it would give an edge over Ark while still allowing those of us into the more docile side of Atlas find a niche all our own.

FOY potion for tames - a potion made in the the FOY used on tames to reverse them to their baby stage and enable them to be carried on your shoulders. Only select tames, and make it a complicated recipe.

Edited by CypressFrost
ADDED MORE CONTENT
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Rhino

Rhino should gather metal from regular stones as well. It's silly that you can get metal from a regular rock, but a metal gatherer can't.

• Like 1

I feel the same as most about all the animals too.

Think, you could add a Great White Buffalo as a rare animal.

I BELIEVE IN A NEW DYNAMIC CHANGE FOR ATLAS LARGE TAMES!

I think on all large animals they shouldn't (should NOT), be bolo tames, instead large animals should be protecting a baby or sibling from predators and somehow tricked into losing there baby.  The large herbivores should be great and powerful, and smart; not a predator should be able to come to close to taking out the large herbivores.  Therefore if some dynamic were introduced to attain a baby something rather from the parents and raised by players and it was truly difficult to kill large herbivores for even players it would change into something a little different than ARK has done. Maybe if you brought the now adult back to possible still living parents or brothers or sisters you could somehow temporarily use the original family to take on something really big but NOT keep. 

Sorry maybe I watch to much David Attenborough, he is a big deal, and even though it's a video game ultimately I have just a small bit of draw to all my tames as if they were real lol, so that's already a good designer that has tricked me into an affinity to my bear Yogi, Poo, Horses (buckskin) Thad, (Black) Black Stallion, (another black one) Black beauty, Cows Opera Winfree, Momma Cass (Cass Elliot) Snake rescued cow Carnie Wilson. A lot of our animals are rescued from snakes, and deserting neighbors.

We are only a company of 2 and got land through long hours and persistence, and luck animals too.

So, I'd like to not see the big ones so dominated and knocked down and tortured so bad. There are more videogame human ways to attain tames that big if the designers want to truly captivate us all. I'd be a great feat of enginerding. 

3 minutes ago, Jay8454 said:

I feel the same as most about all the animals too.

Think, you could add a Great White Buffalo as a rare animal.

I BELIEVE IN A NEW DYNAMIC CHANGE FOR ATLAS LARGE TAMES!

I think on all large animals they shouldn't (should NOT), be bolo tames, instead large animals should be protecting a baby or sibling from predators and somehow tricked into losing there baby.  The large herbivores should be great and powerful, and smart; not a predator should be able to come to close to taking out the large herbivores.  Therefore if some dynamic were introduced to attain a baby something rather from the parents and raised by players and it was truly difficult to kill large herbivores for even players it would change into something a little different than ARK has done. Maybe if you brought the now adult back to possible still living parents or brothers or sisters you could somehow temporarily use the original family to take on something really big. 

Sorry maybe I watch to much David Attenborough, he is a big deal, and even though it's a video game ultimately I have just a small bit of draw to all my tames as if they were real lol, so that's already a good designer that has tricked me into an affinity to my bear Yogi, Poo, Horses (buckskin) Thad, (Black) Black Stallion, (another black one) Black beauty, Cows Opera Winfree, Momma Cass (Cass Elliot) Snake rescued cow Carnie Wilson. A lot of our animals are rescued from snakes, and deserting neighbors.

We are only a company of 2 and got land through long hours and persistence, and luck animals too.

So, I'd like to not see the big ones so dominated and knocked down and tortured so bad. There are more videogame human ways to attain tames that big if the designers want to truly captivate us all. I'd be a great feat of enginerding. 

I got bumped cause I was doing my stupid taxes for uncle Sam that never existed.

Edited by Jay8454

My biggest concern regarding the animals is them falling through the ceilings and foundations in buildings. I have also experienced a problem with them floating away into the nether and never returning or dying. Anything thing that would be cool concerning tames is the ability to create some other type of cart (or updating the current cart) to allow the animals to carry more. Also making the cart available to attach to other tames other than tier 2. I would love to have a tiger carrying a cart around.

Another issue I have seen regarding mostly tigers and lions (might regard other animals, but I have only seen it in tigers and lions) is their behavior when wild. Sometimes they will aggro on you instantly, and other times they will run away. This makes it very difficult to trap them when you want to tame them. There needs to be a reason for them running away, otherwise it's just really annoying.

A few improvements I would like to see with individual animals just has to do with having a reason to tame them. Most of them have something they can gather, or they give a buff. But the ones that are suppose to be good in battle, are not good at all. I can't even bring my tamed tigers or lions out, because I know they will just get killed. I saw some really good ideas for other things the small animals could do above such as: the seagull giving a warning for a storm or being able to see more in the fog, and the vulture allowing the player to see health bars of every creature and person around them. I would also love to see the parrots be able to learn phrases from the players and also a perch that we can put them on.

Breeding is another issue all together that needs work. I think it's fine to have to babysit the babies, but there needs to be some major improvements on how to keep the temperature stable (a new object that can be created late game?). Also could be knock them out as well? Bola is fine for beginning tames, but I think it would be nice if in late game we could create something to knock the animals out to tame them.

That's all I can think of for now, I hope some of these suggestions are implemented into the game. :)

7 hours ago, Archsenex said:

Crewmember - Right now JUST serves as an AI to man your turrets, cannons, etc.  Doesn't make your life easier in any  other way.  Add the ability to use crewmembers on land for anything, particularly in terms of resourcing.  Let me build a Forrester station and the crewmember gathers wood while I'm not around.  Let me build a mining station and they gather stone and metal.  Basically, let me hire crew to not NEED all the other tames, if that's what I want to do.  Right now, tames are SO ESSENTIAL THERE IS NO POINT PLAYING THE GAME IF YOU DON'T USE THEM

This. Also, I'm pretty sure the only useful stats they have to level up are health, and maybe a bit of weight to hold armor. This would put their other stats into play.

8 hours ago, Ratthew Rattson said:

Sheep - Make their scissor harvest into fiber, not hide.

Excellent idea

Can you reduce the volume of the shieldhorn's scream when it defecates?

I Honestly don't care what each animal does just fix it so the tigers, lions and other aggressive tames, don't aggro across the island and so they don't deal more damage than I can take in one hit. it makes no sense that 5 tigers spawn in and destroy you and whatever tame your on its absolutely absurd 

Thanks for all the responses guys. Will be going through it all with the team 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So far pretty happy I do noticed that some  animals got huge hit box so taming can be really hard like a elephant is keeps push and kill and its hard to get a feed on  I really really hope that y all never bring flyer's tho that will ruin the game oooh and fix the boat bug !!!! Animals keep glitch under boat and die ! Crew same the disapear and die  pls fix asp it can be game breaking if you keep lose high levels  us breeding need to be better we can't plan 8 hours to grow a pet lolz

Edited by tamtjabo

50 minutes ago, Bashka said:

Just a few quick thoughts for now:

1. Bear- left click attack is basically useless (unless I am missing something)- it is much slower and does lower damage than the right click, doesn't harvest anything (except hide and meat, but this is also doable with the right click and that way you get more). I think, that because of it being slower than the right-click it could have higher damage output (at higher stamina cost?). It could also be a "sickle" attack for harvesting fiber and ignoring berries. I understand that the idea of making berry nodes separate from the fiber nodes was to allow you to harvest one without the other, but the reality is that these nodes are usually mixed together or very close to each other, so it is very hard (or at some locations impossible) to harvest them that way, so a dedicated fiber harvester could be very useful, especially considering how important and widely used this resource is.

Left click is used to harvest fish in the water. You can not use the right click in the water, just the left click, so not useless.

11 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Let's play a game! If you were a designer, what would you change about the following tamable creatures? We often hear feedback that players don't find value in most of the ones we've tamable, and I know some ideas have been shared in various threads previously but figured I'd make a giant thread where y'all can suggest. Not saying any of this is going to happen, but curious to see what you suggest.

• Bear
  • Chicken
  • Cow
  • Bull
  • Crow
  • Razortooth
  • Shieldhorn
  • Elephant
  • Giant Pig
  • Giraffe
  • Horse
  • Lion
  • Monkey
  • Ostrich
  • Parrot
  • Penguin
  • Rabbit
  • Rhino
  • Seagull
  • Sheep
  • Tiger
  • Vulture
  • Wolf

STOP my animals from glitching through floors and animals from killing them through walls... please!

• Like 1

General:
Alot of them need improvements to their Hit boxes so you dont get stuck/teleported back in invisible walls when trying to pass them.Allow the building of cargo elevators on large ships so you can store animals inside like in an arc, improve the way they get abord ships so they dont get stuck in dinghy attachments as often. Add a way to reset the position of animals on a ship to be able to free them from such stuck positions. Give Male versions of animals that have females that produce something like Milk or Eggs something as a bonus to balance them out. For example there is hardly any reason to bother taming a rooster compared to chickens. Maybe have them providing an aoe buff to production or something like that. I would also suggest to remove all knockback effects from wild animals unless their attack would suggest it would happen naturally like when a rhino hits you with a charge attack.  Also consider having lions/tigers attack the tamed animal like all others rather then dismounting/focusing the rider, or  at the very least decrease the numbers of them on an island. 

Ostrich: Make Female Ostriches lay large eggs. Increase the amount of wood and tatch gained to metal tool levels to
make picking at a tree not totally useless. Improve hitting area upon attack, it has trouble hitting cobras because they crawl under it for example.

Sheep: Make Hair/Wool to Fiber on both sheep and Human hair. Make Female Sheeps milkable but give less Milk then cows.

Horse: Increase base carry weight and speed a little, improve the animations so it looks less stiff , make the cargo sattle actually carry cargo.

Elephant: The Stamina bar seems to deplete too fast when collecting wood, even when you put skill points in it while the Food bar never seems to deplete. Either make the stamina reserves huge so an elephant can fill up its entire inventory with one stamina bar but needs a long time to refill/rest before he can go out for another farm run, or increase the stamina recovery speed at the cost of more food consumption. But the ladder variant fits more for small agile animals in my opinion.

Rhino: Needs serious improvements to its attack area, it seems to be unable to hit Vultures or Bees attacking if from above. Needs large increases to its carry weight of metal to be more competitive against the elephants carrying potential.

Birds: Are very hard/annoying to catch with bolas when they are not trapped in your ship or something compared to the rather small buffs they offer, specially considering that they take up a crew slot on ships.
I would suggest to make those small animals not count as crew anymore so ppl dont feel bad having a parrot on their shoulder when they are on a ship. They could provide a +1 crew buff to the ship that doesnt stack so you cant put 500 parrots on ships. 

Wolf: Seems to be underpowered as a tame since the wild wolf nerfs compared to others like a bear. I would suggest increasing their hp and carry weight a bit while leaving the damage as it is to make them more competitive with the mobility of lions. Maybe give them get an aoe buff thats boosts their dmg and defense when they act together with other wolfes. That way you could have them roaming around on aggressive defending your sheeps and cows for example, specially if you paint them to look like german shepherds. Seems to have trouble hitting crocodiles because of hitbox issues.

I think i had some more but i cant remember it at the moment, hope you like the ideas.

Where is the OCTOPUS that hugs you and keeps you warm, or constricts your under water movement (like encumbered)

I definently think that a cow/bull etc should be able to pull a heavily laden cart to help transport materials for trade etc further inland.

Seagulls would be great if they could fly around your boat and alert you to shipwrecks in your area, as well as land.

Crow would be interesting if it had an additional perk to maybe find odd shiny objects or detect objects you could gather with a shovel.

The biggest thing i would like fixed is when a creature enters your boat they sometimes get stuck in a falling animation which requjres me to usually break apart half my boat or risk teleporting it onto another boat which can cause them to insta die or fly into the sky.

#1 I'd change the way we tame. I don't know about you crazy devs but when I get a new pet I don't kick the living shit out of it and then feed it over and over and over again. It doesn't make sense.

#2 Give us an animal that's good at farming thatch, like it's that animal's #1 priority. Maybe the wiki is lying but it seems to me there's no animal that primarys thatch, which is odd since it's one of the 3 most basic resources. Each resource in the world should have a tame that specializes in harvesting it.

#3 Make the Rhino get metal when it mines rocks that you get stone/flint/metal from when using a pick.

#4 Give us a command that allows the elephant to move to a location we point out, drop all of its inventory into a container and then return to where it was. So we can farm stuff, send the elephant back to base to drop off our load while we continue to farm. (Also, give us something like the hopper from Minecraft and allow us to craft while pulling from containers we're standing next to, so if i'm standing next to a box with wood, thatch and fiber in it I should be able to craft building components without having to move them to my inventory first.)

#5 According to the wiki the rabbit is supposed to warn you about dangerous creatures, but it either doesn't work or the creatures are like monster level ones. It should warn you about any nearby predator.

#6 The cargo saddle should actually allow us to put cargo in it, with a much higher weight limit. That's the whole point of the invention of the wheel, to move things that are much heavier than we ordinarily would be able to.

#7 Wolves are underpowered compared to bears. The only reason I'd ever use a wolf right now is for the warming buff, also they need more base stamina.

#8 Make one of the birds able to deliver message notes to allies, sort of like carrier pigeons or the ravens in Game of Thrones. (for that matter, add a note item and a mailbox item so we can leave messages in the actual game for people)

#9 FIX. BREEDING. Breeding right now takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I have no problem with it being challenging, I do have a problem with breeding taking as long as a full time shift at a job.

#10 Allow us to craft a higher tier feeding trough that allows preserving salt to be put into it to increase the shelf life of the food.

#11 Make chicken eggs give you meat vitamins instead of veggie.

#12 Parrots can talk, right? So allow us to "teach" it a saying to say randomly using text to speech. This is a pretty low priority idea but it'd be funny.

That's all I got off the top of my head.

• Like 1

If i were redesigning tames, i would look at how they help you both on offence/defence and as a utility helping you progress into an automated base system.

The core concept of taming and riding is fine, but is pretty limited in its application in its current design. Part of the reason i love this game is that as you spend more time, you learn to become more efficient and progress your base/farming/ship building capability. At the moment farming on a tame gets you more resources, however we're now at a point where it feels like a grind. The 2x resource rates are fantastic, however it stops us from exploring as we feel like its wasted as we should be back home farming. In the early stages of the game, you are focused on harvesting basic materials to build up your base, and your basic ships for exploration and pirating. From there you start to shift to requiring gold and exotic materials. 

I would suggest you implement a different use for NPC's, give them the ability to automatically harvest basic materials within your claim. Unlocking this ability will  require a skill or by placing an new item in their inventory, you will also have to pay your crew so the requirement for gold should be able to help ensure that this is not just free resources. This should be an mid to late game ability that has risk and reward components. This would then change the way we run our bases, freeing up more time for the real game aspects, but still requiring you to design your base and implement defences from wild element and other players.

As for the tames themselves, give them a variance of passive buffs that can help you with either improve how you run your base, or how they help with offence/defence/exploration.

Add different equipables for tame, and please introduce a weight carrying cargo harness that allows us to put materials in.

Lotus’s post above has some amazing suggestions that align with the above.

- Cargo saddles need to either increase tame carry capacity, or have their own inventory with their own carry capacity separate from the tame pulling them, we should be able to load a cart up with all the loot from our ships to tow it all to our base without needing to use 10 horses or do 10 trips

- Bulls should have substantially higher carry weights, higher than horses or bears but lower than elephants. This gives them a use in the game as cargo haulers that can carry more than a horse or bear but are slower.

- There needs to be an additional method/tool for taming neutral animals that flee as it is currently substantially harder to tame a horse than a bear because it's easier to injure and bola an animal that is chasing you than one that's fleeing. Give us a lasso that works like a grappling hook does on soft targets - once lassoed a target behaves like they do when grappled (unable to walk away and can be pulled closer with RMB), but if they are a neutral tame they can be fed as if they were bola'd while they are lassoed. This would make tames like horses easier than bears while still being a bit more difficult/skill-based and resource intensive than the fully passive tames like sheep

- The logic for tames boarding ships needs some serious work. So many times I've tried to bring a bear or horse onto a ship only for it to teleport half way into a wall and get stuck. When boarding a ship tames should never be teleported to a position where they are trapped. There needs to be a check before teleporting that only passes if the target location has a path for the tame to get off the ship, if the check fails then another spot on the ship needs to be checked until a spot is found where the tame isn't stuck

- Vultures should have a passive ability to loot any nearby corpses, returning their items to your inventory

- Pigs should have an active "dig" ability that works like a shovel

Edited by wyqydsyq