INVALID

Creature Designer

I propose the following changes.

1. Cages for tames on ships. Small, Medium and Large. Low weight or no weight. Mandatory if you want to transport animals except for money, bird, chicken or other small critter.
2. Allow taming on Freeports. Put dev constructed taming bids on the beaches.
3. Reduce or eliminate all damage taken by players when attempting to tame. This has seriously hurt the entire game (as a whole).
4. New feature - bird cages with bait. Make it easier for us to tame birds.
5. Fix fishing so that it's actually useful. Rare items, that don't spoil, needed for taming certain creature. Fish A only gives X. Fish B only gives Z.
6. Incorporate the animal process into the building process. Cows are needed to pull ropes for pulleys to lift heavy objects. Cows and horses needed for farming. 
7. Allow us to build something in the game that eliminates the gold cost of human AI characters on land.

8. Focus a LOT more attention on human AI's. 
   A) Allow us to make a true pirate crew in the skill tree. 
   B) Allow us to substantially increase their weight limit for weapons/armor and their health so that they can be used as sentries at our bases.
   C) Max out the human AI count per player to encourage guild recruitment.
   D) Completely eliminate and rebuild the guild system. Let guilds level up. Doing so gives human AI benefits and new abilities.
   E) Allow players that devote a significant amount of time to the game train their human AI's. Make this personal effort so valuable that guilds will seek them out. No respecs on this.
   F) Human AI specific armor and weapons. Weightless and multi tiered.

Edited by Stabby

How about a fix for the rampant clipping issues that tames have? Can't walk passed a tame w/o clipping into it and getting stuck but when you scroll out and look nothings touching the tame but yet I'm still stuck. How about a fix for the pathing AI when they're set to follow and get stuck on/inside each other, rocks,  trees and any other random invisible pieces of environment? How about a fix for tames just randomly sinking into the world and getting stuck while they're being rode?

How about adding in a /stuck command that moves 1) the player and mount being rode, 2) the target under the reticule, or 3) the player if no other viable target within range with a 5 min cooldown and a low AoE to prevent spamming and exploiting. 

Every day this week I've had to tear apart half my base to get tames out of the foundations. Maybe the order in which the games loads assets in needs to be looked at. Load the world, then structures, then tames and players and put some sanity checks in place to make sure tames and players aren't loading under/in stuff. This is the bear I was riding when it just sunk under the world mesh with me on it. The only way I got off and out from under the world mesh was to keep spamming dismount/mount until it spit me out enough to get on another bear I had with me. Fozzie is still stuck under the world mesh.

undertheworld.JPG

Edited by Casey.Ambraelle

Put the lasso in the game. It gets so hard to move cows into the position I want them to be in cause there's no proper way to move them other than the follow command. Fix the way dismounting is on sheep. I can't count how many times I tried to dismount a sheep and gotten stuck behind them in this falling loophole. Fix my tames getting trapped underneath foundations. Make the pigs poop intervals shorter or have them be like in ark if I feed them berries they constantly shoot poop out. I don't know if this one is just in my part or the game, but make all bird tames able to get grappled and dragged into a cage. I've tried this method and only seem to get it working on the parrot only. Crow and Seagulls don't work with this method. Make Lions and Tigers gather more meat. With the cooked meat added back into the cooking recipes and the fact that some tames only eat raw meat as a food source. A way to gather an abundance of meat would be great. Having a seagull mounted on your shoulder can give you a seafood harvest buff to get more fish meat out of fish when harvesting. 

This is all coming from a chef's POV. 

Giraffe still need a second buff for gather thatch.

My 130% Blueprint metal pick still gather doubble thatch then a lvl 40 Giraffe!!!

On 2/13/2019 at 1:40 PM, Jatheish said:

Let's play a game! If you were a designer, what would you change about the following tamable creatures? We often hear feedback that players don't find value in most of the ones we've tamable, and I know some ideas have been shared in various threads previously but figured I'd make a giant thread where y'all can suggest. Not saying any of this is going to happen, but curious to see what you suggest.

• Bear
  • Chicken
  • Cow
  • Bull
  • Crow
  • Razortooth
  • Shieldhorn
  • Elephant
  • Giant Pig
  • Giraffe
  • Horse
  • Lion
  • Monkey
  • Ostrich
  • Parrot
  • Penguin
  • Rabbit
  • Rhino
  • Seagull
  • Sheep
  • Tiger
  • Vulture
  • Wolf
  • Bear- allow to harvest specific recourses, I'm tired of berries 😄
  • Chicken-Warn you for weather changes
  • Cow-keep the same
  • Bull-boost weight, needs a carriage saddle too
  • Crow
  • Razortooth
  • Shieldhorn
  • Elephant- U know how Persians had platforms on  their elephants? Would be cool to see that here 😛
  • Giant Pig
  • Giraffe
  • Horse-Make it faster, make it inflict damage when going trough an enemy, allow some special attacks with the sword from it's back.
  • Lion-king of the jungle... give it a roar that makes the wild animals around come on your side for some time (give this ability a big cooldown)
  • Monkey
  • Ostrich
  • Parrot
  • Penguin
  • Rabbit
  • Rhino
  • Seagull-Notices if someone is nearby and warns you (like parasaur in ark)
  • Sheep
  • Tiger
  • Vulture - If someone/something is low on health, shows you where he/it is.
  • Wolf- Pack buff

Every Animal should have a purpose. They shouldn't just exist as stepping stones to other creatures, in addition the once that are mounts should have a type of gathering ability. Going through the list, there's still a few animals with little purpose. For some reason the herbivores are bad at thatch and bad at wood by default which makes Thatch very difficult to harvest. First off, upgrade the Cargo Saddle to carry things. There's multiple ways to do it, choose whichever is easiest. You could have it upgrade the animals carry weight straight up, or it could be a new placeable item. One that reduces the weight of things inside it, and allow it to be placed on the cart where only gun mounts and cannons can go at the moment. You could also go more complicated and let it be a 1x1 floor and build on it like ships and have even more options but that's unnecessary. 

Tier 1 Riding: Fix this. Right now only 1 creature can even use a tier 1 saddle, sheep. It's a useless item. 

Bull: It can breed with cows. That's about it. Let it pull the Cargo Saddle, and also make it a multi-purpose gatherer. Give it a medium amount gather for Fiber, Thatch, Wood, Flint, Stone, and Metal. 

Horse: The bear does everything it does better except for running speed and turning ability. I suggest making them easier to tame and add the Lasso back in. If the Cargo Saddle is upgraded then it'll be good. Let it use a tier 1 as well as tier 2 saddle. Also, saw a great idea others had. Add its damage bonus to the melee weapon that the rider wields to Pseudo simulate the cavalry charge. 

Ostrich: Make it easier to tame like the horse. Any animals that are mainly for travel should be super easy to tame. Like the Bull/Horse let it use a tier 1 as well as tier 2 saddle

Wolf: Too weak. Make it easier to tame and then give it a pack buff like the Allosaurus. Alternatively, it could also be cool to have a sort of herding power. Give it a command to keep Sheep, Cows, Pigs, or Chickens within a certain range of it. The only problem is we'd also want the herded animals to stay group up tight, so a 'go to' command for animals of a certain type could do it.

Penguin: Make the insulation work on baby animals.

Giraffe: Give it good thatch gathering, having a tall multi mount is pretty useless. The elephant can seat more, carry more, and actually gather/carry wood.

Rhino: Need these to stop disappearing into the ground because of their huge and unusual hit box. 

Last off, it would be nice to encourage the animals that humans actually used. It would be nice to see mostly the animals we actually tamed being the mainstays of player use.  Chicken, Sheep, Horses, Cows/Bulls, and Pigs.  They should all get reduced taming difficulty(faster progress, easier to bola), as well as much faster maturation times for breeding. If they're very easy to breed it would make sense to just make tons of them rather than having to tame every single animal from scratch. Having many of them would make them less valuable and more widespread, it would also make it more convenient to breed them for food(which only the chicken/cow fulfills atm with eggs/milk).

Edited by Virilitas
  • Like 2

If feel something need to be done about the taming process. stop vultures instantly killing the tames as soon as they get tamed, why do we need to bola elephants rhinos bear and that why can't we just feed them they don't try and kill us and they dont run away like horse so i don't really see the point of hurting them to bola them

• Like 2

cargo carts increase weight of animal its equipped on and allow storage containers to be put on them to carry large loads

• Like 2

Docile Animals

overall have docile animals that are there mostly for providing food easier breed while tamed.

Chicken

Breeding/ egg laying:

Have structures for chicken to breed and lay eggs into, if a box is present the chicken try to lay there eggs into the boxes and depending on the type of box either breed fertilized eggs or lay them into a storage box:

• Breeding Box for chicken to breed eggs raise and feed children (as long a filled feeding trough is available), if a box is nearby they automatically try to inhabit it to raise the children. (usage culling for meat and eggs)
  • Egg Box for chicken to lay there eggs into and collect it automatically into its inventory

Rabbit

generally the same as for chicken:

Breeding:

• Breeding Box to automatically raise and feed children as long as a feeding through is filled with vegetables, when gestating rabbids are near a breading box they try to inhabit it to raise there children automatically (usage: culling for meat)

Cow

Breeding:

• breeding stable to put in gestating cows in  where it will raise the calfes on their own. cows have to be put in the stable manually

Sheep

Breeding:

• breeding stable to put in gestating sheep to raise children on their own. again for meat and wool to gather

Wild Animals

Bear

Nerf Stick:

Bears at the moment feel too strong and versatile, they are good combat mounts, gatherer are pretty fast and carry a lot

• Reduce the top speed to be below a wolf/lion/tiger but still faster or equal to than a human players

Behaviour:

• Terretorial behaviour: make bears behaviour more defensive against players, so when a player comes within maybe half the aggro range the bear grunts and stands on two legs allerting the player that he is in potential danger, and attack the players either when they move  in closer after the warning or attacks the bear.

Wolf

Buff Stick:

I dont want to see the wolves back to their "former glory" but i think at the moment they are a bit to weak:

• Wolf Pack passive: when wolves are in a pack of at least 3 or more they all get a defensive bonus and take less damage. so attacking a pack is more dangerous

Behaviour:

• Terretorial behaviour:
    Similar to the Bear behaviour: defensive against players, so when a player comes within maybe half the aggro range the wolves howl and grnarl allerting the player that he is in potential danger, and attack the players either when they move in closer by a considrable ammount after the warning or attacks the one wolf nearby.
  • Aggresive againts docile animal: the wolves attack pigs, horses, cows and smaller pray (chicken, rabbids, etc.) with the normal aggro range

Giant Pig

Behaviour:

• Terretorial behaviour: Pigs to have a verry small warning range meaning you need to get really close before they start grunting and turning towards and have a chance to run away.

Lions

Buff Stick:

Lions are not very good player mounts at the moment for my taste they can't carry enought to compensate for their speed and the tier 3 requirement always makes me feel like its not worth it and id rather take out a bear for every part i would take out a lion

• Add grapple skill for tamed lions to pin down small and medium creatures
  • increase weight to mach the average of human carry weight cap
  • maybe reduce requirement for tier 3 riding to tier 2 equal to wolves and bears

Elephant:

Only thing to say for the elephant is: Gates that are just high and broad enough to fit a elephant

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:40 AM, Jatheish said:

Let's play a game! If you were a designer, what would you change about the following tamable creatures? We often hear feedback that players don't find value in most of the ones we've tamable, and I know some ideas have been shared in various threads previously but figured I'd make a giant thread where y'all can suggest. Not saying any of this is going to happen, but curious to see what you suggest.

• Bear
  • Chicken
  • Cow
  • Bull
  • Crow
  • Razortooth
  • Shieldhorn
  • Elephant
  • Giant Pig
  • Giraffe
  • Horse
  • Lion
  • Monkey
  • Ostrich
  • Parrot
  • Penguin
  • Rabbit
  • Rhino
  • Seagull
  • Sheep
  • Tiger
  • Vulture
  • Wolf

I love the all the tame in the game, currently the problem I find is smaller tribes are un able to get to claimed zones and have to live in  lawless areas, so are un able to breed the tames, which is one of the things I love most of the game, is there anything that can be done to cool tames while living in lawless desert zones, any reply would be appreciated

On 2/13/2019 at 7:59 AM, Pax said:

@Jatheish

Theres a million things i could ask for but only asking for 2

We need something to gather thatch. nothing gathers thatch better than a player with a pick right now.

ALSO. While we are taking about animals..

Tier 3 breeding please enable.

Breeding in general NEEDS to be fixed. Baby heat/cold will kill them like crazy BUT the biggest problem is they will not eat if your not in render range.. 42 hours on a bear 58 on a horse and i loose them when i take a 4 hour nap IRL..

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP I'm literally begging... 

Will give you my first Atlas born child if you do.

Pretty much point 2. You basically have to commit 48hrs straight to raising a baby and it's just not worth it right now.

Bear - It’s clear that the bear is the popular choice for best all-around tame. I think that the bear’s combat ability is where other offensive tames should be. In addition to all that strength and health..and stamina..and carry weight, which makes sense because it’s a bear, their strongest attack also has a conic radius and they are unmatched at gathering underbrush resources; and their bite or swipe gives you the ability to gather meat or hide at various rates. They can run fairly quickly at top speed, but easily bump into things and lose their momentum. Their biggest negatives are that they can’t jump and are not very nimble, so backing up or making sharp turns can be slightly difficult; but their swipe is conic so that’s usually not a problem in combat. Most people are pretty happy with the bear and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. I think it really shines because it doesn’t have much competition; by that I mean that most other tames feel fairly useless in general. I can only think of two reasonable things to change about the bear without painfully nerfing its stats. Make it T3 and lower its attack speed. Attack speed is the huge thing here. It would lower its ability to both attack in combat and gather at a high rate without making it too weak at anything it’s currently good at.

Chicken - It gives you eggs. Not worth breeding.

Cow - It gives you milk. Not worth breeding. If anything, add the ability to ride it without a saddle like the pig simply for a quality of life improvement.

Bull - Please enable the use of cargo saddles for bulls. Increased carry weight and possibly buff damage. I would really like the bull to be useful for something. I think it would be great to give it the ability to gather materials that currently do not seem to be gathered at increased rates by any other tames, such as tree fibers like bamboo and silk as well as secondary resources from trees such as cocoa and limes.

Crow - It buffs intelligence at a decent value. Definitely the most useful shoulder pet. It’s not the Crow’s fault that intelligence rolls blueprint bonuses on a percentile and simply increases your maximum while doing nothing about the minimum, still letting you roll a natural 1, so that almost no one bothers to put their stat points into it when they could use those points for something more concrete. Or that it’s only semi-useful when crafting special blueprints and absolutely nothing else like gathering rates or something. Please increase the spoil timers on worms because birds are hard enough to tame already.

Razortooth - I’ve heard it’s a picky eater so I really haven’t tried to tame one yet. But I’d definitely be upset if something I traveled so far into the most dangerous territory in the game for and worked so hard to tame died because it’s squishy. It’s not even in a tier, so it should be that strong and scary.

Shieldhorn - I heard it stops bullets which is pretty cool. I see a lot of people saying to buff its stamina so I’m going to assume it needs that. Again, it’s difficult to get to and tame so it should be better than T3. Definitely seems like the tank tame so I’m hoping it has very high health.

Elephant - Elephants are great. They gather wood and can kind of stomp on things. I love the carry weight buffs. But I think it needs a couple changes to really shine. Something so big and heavy shouldn’t get stuck on snakes and and puppies. If it’s possible, adding some sort of collision change that lets you push creatures out of the way or walk over them more effectively would be fantastic. Please remove the collision from their tusks though because they get stuck on literally everything and you can barely even walk around them.

Giant Pig - Everybody poops. You can ride it. But you can’t make it poop while riding it. I tried.

Giraffe - I love the recent changes to weight and thatch gathering. Exactly what this tame needed.

Horse - They’re very fast and can carry a decent amount of weight, as well as gather seeds and some berries and vegetables if you need them. Useful for exploring new places and traveling in general. They are so ridiculously annoying to catch though. Taming them is easy, if you can catch them. Basically, you either make a trap and hope one decides to fall in or you chase it down with another tame and somehow trap them between a rock and a hard place and hope they don’t get free in-between bolas. That’s if they don’t run into the ocean and swim around in circles until a shark eats them first. Please lower their movement speed, preferably only while wild if that’s possible, or make them semi-aggressive so they only run away at a certain health threshold.

Lion - Good at killing things, but they should be stronger than bears. Please buff their carry weight and stamina so they can be a little more useful for other things as well. I’d like it if they didn’t sound like rubbing sandpaper while running around too.

Monkey - Health regeneration is cool, though it’s not much so I think this should be increased. Making their buff more noticeable would make them more desirable for map hunts and Golden Age Ruins runs. They throw poop at things too, but that’s about as useful as a ball of poop. The Monkey is small, but it’s quite nimble and reflexive so I think it could use a little more health for survivability.

Ostrich - The ostrich is one of my favorites because I love the temperature regulation buffs. It is by far the most annoying tame to be around though, so please lower the interval at which it makes that horrible vocal noise. It’s smaller than a horse so it can’t carry as much weight, but it also seems to have lower health which makes the horse a more desirable choice for a travel mount in any biome but the desert; or maybe a heat wave in the tropics. The hyperthermic regulation is great, though obviously only useful in warmer climates so it’s very situational. I think that it needs a slight buff to compete with the horse, either movement speed or jump strength to make up for the difference in health and carrying capacity.

Parrot - By far my favorite avian. The available color schemes for this tame makes it kind of fun to seek out. I love the fortitude buff, but it’s such a small amount that it’s hardly worth the effort. Taming any of the avians can be fairly challenging, and they all have very low health values so they can die easily if anything goes wrong. I think the fortitude value should be greatly increased, by at least 4-5x. Currently a decent level parrot doesn’t even provide you with a third of what you get just from balancing your vitamins, and even the vitamin buff doesn’t make a huge difference honestly. Bird tames aren’t designed to fight or gather, their only value lies in that buff they provide when on your shoulder. Currently not worth the effort to tame or take with you on your travels, especially when zone changes cause shoulder-mounted pets to get lost in transition and tames in general fall off or clip through boats so easily. Not even worth the crew slot it takes to bring them with you.

Penguin - Adorable and cuddly. They help keep you warm in the coldest of climates but restrict your actions while doing so. They’re slow, weak and only eat fish which makes them extremely high maintenance. Currently not worth the effort for any tamer or breeder unless you’re simply trying to stay alive in your own home during a polar cold snap. But even then, you might as well just save the ironwood in your grills, give in and wait until it’s over. You already have to travel to the most dangerous waters outside of Golden Age Ruins just to get to the polar biome where penguins live, through high level ships of the damned and aggressive whales waiting to destroy half your planks with a single tail sweep, to the harshest biome of the game with dozens of the most dangerous non-mythic creatures around every corner, waiting to punch you in the face. Their buff should be applied in a small radius with a proper icon, specifically for tamers willing to handle the nightmare of breeding and are wishing to raise baby animals. Penguins should be able to eat regular meat too. For our sanity, please.

Rabbit - Cute, squishy, I guess they warn me of danger. Kind of useless. They should provide a movement speed buff that scales with level.

Rhino - Rocks are heavy, metal is heavier. The rhino needs more carry weight than the elephant honestly, especially since the elephant handles easier for some reason. Currently only useful for destroying player structures on PvP, but even then it would probably just get shot.

Seagull - Definitely the most useless tame so far. Why an animal that can’t breathe underwater provides you with a buff to oxygen and swim speed, I don’t know. Maybe so I can swim one second faster to the shore from an anchoring point 20 meters away, or I could just use a dinghy if it’s really cold or something. And it only eats fish? No way am I going fishing every day just for that. Making it so aggressive creatures won’t go after PCs in a diving suit has made it somewhat viable. But please, if it can’t breathe underwater, at least give it so much oxygen that it won’t need to; without having to waste all its stat points by putting them into oxygen. I’d rather put them into food so I won’t have to fish as much to feed this thing. Seagulls basically eat anything in real life, so I don’t really understand the fish-only thing. Please buff oxygen and let it eat regular meat if not berries and vegetables as well.

Sheep - It gives you fleece, so that’s cool. Or I could just ride my bear around and kill all the sheep to get even more fleece. More fleece is always good.

Tiger - The tiger is my favorite tame overall. Not because it’s great, I just like large cats. The bleed attack is amazing and actually makes it viable to take on stronger enemies, albeit in a sort of kamikaze way since elementals and most other mythics pretty much decimate anything in their path. Needs a stamina and carry weight buff, like the lion, for a quality of life improvement. It should also, like the lion, do more damage than a bear without relying on the bleed; especially since it has significantly lower health, is designed solely for combat and not to gather much of anything at all. Not sounding like wet leather while running would be a very appealing change as well.

Vulture - For such a biome-specific and annoying creature to tame, I was disappointed to find out that vultures do absolutely nothing at all. If you attack one, all of the vultures in the area aggro to you; as if trying to tame avians wasn’t difficult enough. They only eat rotten meat, which is kind of silly. I get it, they’re vultures. But why would they only eat rotten meat and not regular meat? Do they sit around and wait for a corpse to decompose into filth before coming at it like flying piranhas? No, they dive right down and eat anything and everything in their way. They desperately need something to make them desirable to players. All of the birds are completely useless in combat, even the vulture. Buffing its health and damage to make it at least usable as an attack pet would be a good start. It’s bigger, tougher and more aggressive than any of the other avians but their stats don’t reflect that at all. Still, a vulture could never kill a wolf one-on-one, and I wouldn’t expect them to be able to. But being able to provide support damage and possibly buffing their carry weight and hide or keratinoid gathering rate could make them somewhat useful to bring along. Even if you added all that, I still think it would need some sort of player buff while shoulder-mounted to really make anyone want one. What buff exactly though, I’m not sure. Perhaps a melee damage buff that scales with level to make for a great partnership.

Wolf - Lastly, and certainly least, the wolf. It was my second favorite, right after the tiger. That was until I found out there was no pack buff, then their health and damage got nerfed so significantly that they became only just slightly more dangerous than a dog with a chew toy. They’re about as useful as a warm blanket. They keep you warm, but they have such low stamina that you can’t run anywhere with them, such low damage that they can’t properly defend themselves and such low health that they die quite quickly after you find out that they can neither run away from nor fight anything even remotely dangerous because all of their stats are so poor. You can’t carry anything while riding them and they don’t even get a secondary attack. Just some howl that you think might actually do something but it does nothing at all. With Nature’s Roar, my wolf was still doing less damage than my bear’s normal attack. I get it, wolves were scary at first and a lot of people probably cried about it because they’re aggressive and are in many more biomes than other aggressive animals, and they can chase you down unlike the rattlesnakes, cobras and crocodiles that you can just run away from. Lowering their aggro range was a good idea, but lowering their damage and health made them completely useless as a tame. They weren’t even all that useful before. Keep their health the way it is, that’s fine. But buff their damage back to something reasonable and give them significantly more stamina. Add a bit more carry weight, at least enough so that they can carry some hide and give them 2x rates for hide and keratinoid. This will make them desirable and useful for travel and hunting across all biomes, but not too dangerous in the wild. Turning their howl into a timed pack buff that scales with the number of your own wolves in range would also be a welcome addition.

Some additional notes, please fix the things like….tames falling through floors, falling off boats, flying off into the sky, getting lost in the abyss during zone transitions, floating or clipping after anchoring, falling through the back of the boat when porting between decks, wild animals spawning inside player structures and attacking all our tames. Thank you. Also please add saddle blueprints that are better than regular saddles. War saddles would be really cool too, like they weigh a ton but provide much more armor than a regular saddle. Nerf fire elementals. If you’ve read all this, thank you for your time.

• Like 3

I would think a perk known as Birds Eye View would be nice. This allows you to scout the area for resources and animals using your bird. The perk could help find materials on the top of cliffs without wasting time climbing to a point that has absolutely nothing. You could also mark a point for friends to see and know what you are looking at in the area. This would use the birds stamina and have a limits range. Hope this helps with future ideas. Thank you for reading my post.

make a few server maps that are somewhat large and arid, put in camels and the abilities to mount stuff to them. 

camels are considered desert ships right?

honestly i think the breeding needs a whole rework or least make it so you don't have to sit there for hours on end just watching them then the die all of a sudden because the temperature is to hot or cold 

seagul : needs to be able to let you see in the fog when on your shoulder

parrots : should give you a good treasure yield when on shoulder 

monkey : needs to be breedable it is a really good tame to have 

there needs to be a metal gathering tame and a tame that makes it so more treasure maps appear  and have better quality 

the bug that make it so no female babies  come out needs to be fixed 

Just tamed shieldhorns so can speak more on this. Boy where do I begin...

Abysmal weight abysmal stam abysmal hp abysmal melee.

300 weight for a (granted lower lvl) DINOSAUR is ridiculous. Should have at least enough to carry player and gear with some wiggle room. Shouldn't run out of stam after running two feet. HP is less of an issue if melee was buffed slightly. Should def be "decent" at both wood and thatch, so it doesn't take over job of elephant/giraffe but can do the job. Maybe a fully charged charge could stun target on impact? Sort of like a cyclops club.

Edit: Tamed a razortooth as well. Once again horrible hp stam weight. It's a dinosaur it should have at least 500 weight at lvl 1, and 500 hp. Melee doesn't seem horrible though nothing special either. I think ability wise it's fine if stats are adjusted.

Edited by Lupen202

as

are more creatures going to be breedable? specifically vultures? 

Edited by overtyped

All the below is my personal opinions and may not reflect the views of other players.

• Bear - As much as I hate to admit it, this is kind of the super animal atm for me. And that either means the others need bringing up to the same level or it needs nerfing.
  • Chicken - I want to shoulder mount my chickens, and since chickens eat bugs IRL they could be a Bee/Ant deterrent when shoulder mounted.
  • Cow - I kind of like that you can not mount the cow, I have never seen someone ride a cow, but can you please add a leash or something similar to help manoeuvre them.
  • Bull - Currently annoying to tame and useless once acquired. Needs a purpose and then needs that purpose enhanced. Could it have a charge that knocks players/animals unconscious? Like a bull rush.
  • Crow - Look awesome, sadly I find intelligence a very lacking stat and so find myself not desiring a buff to it. Perhaps intelligence needs a boost to make the crow more desirable.
  • Razortooth - Have not acquired one of these yet to have any thoughts.
  • Shieldhorn - Have not acquired one of these yet to have any thoughts.
  • Elephant - Recent weight changes were good, I find my elephant much more useful now, however, the turning circle is awful in many cases, and it spazzes out on many inclines making it impossible to manoeuvre except in direct reverse. Just needs some handling tweaks IMO.
  • Giant Pig - Handy little pooper, useful that it doesn't need a saddle. Seems to fit the pooper and basic mount role well I think, don't see a need to alter it atm.
  • Giraffe - Have not tamed one yet because of the reports that it isn't actually very good and its intended purpose of gathering thatch. I go through a lot of thatch and so I would want it to be significantly better than other means. (such as a bear gathering low lying thatch, rushes I think)
  • Horse - People don't like taming horses due to the process. I think a different approach would be good, something more in line with breaking in wild horses. If the leash I suggested for cows was usable on wild horses then you mount the horse and do something (maybe some of those mini-games you guys like) to break the horse in with a risk of being thrown off if you fail.
  • Lion - The grab is too annoying on wild Lions. When they spawn in packs of 2 or more you can not avoid being grabbed and dying. It is a mechanic that is unique to them so we should keep it, but I would suggest that the player doesn't take so much (or any) damage from the lion while grabbed. You would still be open to other lions and predators attacking you so it wouldn't remove all the risk. And the annoyance of being dismounted if you were mounted when grabbed remains (and unmounted tames are not as deadly as mounted ones).
  • Monkey - I think the monkey is ok atm.
  • Ostrich - I have not tried the Ostrich, there have never been many where I have settled.
  • Parrot - I think the parrot is ok atm. I don't know exactly what degree of heat protection it currently provides but I think it should give outright protection from overheating when shoulder mounted (completely block the overheated state that causes health damage).
  • Penguin - Similar to the parrot, I don't know exactly what degree of cold protection the penguin currently provides but I think it should give outright protection from freezing when being hugged (completely block the freezing state that causes health damage).
  • Rabbit - Is there any use for rabbits beyond a hide source on freeports?
  • Rhino - I have limited time with a rhino. As long as they are much better at their gathering purpose than other methods then it is fine. Do they gather metal and stone well from the respective nodes or better at one and mediocre at the other?
  • Seagull - I have not tamed one of these and don't feel any desire to. I believe they increase the viewable fog of war area? It is not enough to make me want one.
  • Sheep - Except for late tier blueprints needing an extra hide source they are essentially useless IMO. I would never tame one, I would just slaughter wild ones for fleece. Perhaps they could have a flock area buff that has a positive effect for all nearby tames and crew. Something along the lines of having a flock of sheep makes the area feel more secure and safe (because you wouldn't have a flock of sheep where they could be mauled of course). And this could boost tame and crew resistance which would have a positive impact on base defence and encourage players to have flocks of sheep at their bases and thus improve their general aesthetic.
  • Tiger - A bit weak. I have lost L70+ tamed tigers to L4 wild solo lions so fast, even after recent tamed animal adjustments. They need a health boost, especially as a T3 tame. I would like to see Tigers become the preferred mount for treasure hunting over bears. Also, their carry weight base is ridiculous, it should be able to carry at least the players base carry weight by default.
  • Vulture - Annoying, but I think that is working as intended lol.
  • Wolf - An easy animal to skip when seeking mounts. Would only tame one if it was convenient, would certainly not go out of my way to acquire a wolf. They need something to make them desirable. When I think of wolves I think of them prowling in the night. So maybe a stealth feature so you are less detectable to other animals and/or players when riding a wolf.

As a fellow gamedesigner (seeking for a job) I had my own mind set on the taming. Regardless of the quality this is my first quick tought regarding the role of taming in atlas:

- Rhino: Better pickaxe to gather metals and stone. Perhaps also some more rare stones which cant be destroyed by a normal pickaxe? Or giving a slight chance to gather some rare materials as gems/crystals when hitting the rocks. (1% chance) 

-Horse: Give a saddle with more carriage. Or make it able to add a chest to the carriage cart so the horse can extend its weigth limit.

-Ostrich: Let it wander around you sticking its head into the dirt trying to find hidden treasures. And they are super fast travelers as they can run crazy fast (in real life)

- Monkey: Place them in trees where they will alert when players/dangerous animals get close and trow sticks/poo as a base defence? 

- Cow: Milk + They craze the fields at which you can collect the thatch and fibers?

-Chicken: Get the features of chicken to use for special items such as gear. (featherd pirate hats for example, or just simple as a kind of hide) And perhaps make them warn for dangerous animals that are closeby.

-Giant Pig: Make a pit where they will eat people who are trapped (trap floor). Or respecting they are monsterous flesh eaters (haniball), perhaps their crap is super powerfull when they ate certain meats? Or you can use it to make gas granades or use their stank as a debuff defence slowing enemy's nearby and making them sick. Would be cool so you can make a fenced area with pigs who make a gassed defence by feeding meat.

-Sheep: Fur + perhaps special isolation made from the fur with some other materials to make your house / boat on snow biomes a bit warmer (and colder on heated places)?? 

-- For all flying animals: perhaps you can make like a "crowsnest". Just a nest where you can attach your bird to. So on a ship you can attach him to the nest and from there your group can active the special ability's or when for example the seagull fly's around it will return to the nest with the gatherings (fish).

-Seagull: Seagull can scout the seas for danger. Perhaps you can send him in a direction and when he gets back he shortly maps out the enemy ship locations and upcoming storm fronts? Second the seagull flys around your ship when sailing to gather random fish. (Perhaps seagull or crow could also highlight better shipwreckage boxes in the water, by setting it to find legend only or something. Or when close enough it will take the loot so you wont have to stop?)

-Parrot: Boosts your crew stats. (maybe for fun let you select a voice morpher for when you talk and instead of you, the parot talks?) 

-Vulture: Will Circle around dead body and mark it. Also random dead body's that can be found to get some random loot. And it might be able to circle around the target you are attacking being able to finish the player of when at (5% or less) health? 

-Crow: 1 will scout the island for rare resources in a nearby proximity (looking for the shiny) & perhaps can find hidden gold? 2: anothing use could be that a crow takes certain loot from dead body's. Think of it as a fight breaks out and while fighting your crow starts gathering shiny objects from dead body's as gold, (rings/necklaces that give certain stat boosts? or can be sold at a merchant for gold?). 

As a fellow gamedesigner (seeking for a job) I had my own mind set on the taming. Regardless of the quality this is my first quick tought regarding the role of taming in atlas:

- Rhino: Better pickaxe to gather metals and stone. Perhaps also some more rare stones which cant be destroyed by a normal pickaxe? Or giving a slight chance to gather some rare materials as gems/crystals when hitting the rocks. (1% chance) 

-Horse: Give a saddle with more carriage. Or make it able to add a chest to the carriage cart so the horse can extend its weigth limit.

-Ostrich: Let it wander around you sticking its head into the dirt trying to find hidden treasures. And they are super fast travelers as they can run crazy fast (in real life)

- Monkey: Place them in trees where they will alert when players/dangerous animals get close and trow sticks/poo as a base defence? 

- Cow: Milk + They craze the fields at which you can collect the thatch and fibers?

-Chicken: Get the features of chicken to use for special items such as gear. (featherd pirate hats for example, or just simple as a kind of hide) And perhaps make them warn for dangerous animals that are closeby.

-Giant Pig: Make a pit where they will eat people who are trapped (trap floor). Or respecting they are monsterous flesh eaters (haniball), perhaps their crap is super powerfull when they ate certain meats? Or you can use it to make gas granades or use their stank as a debuff defence slowing enemy's nearby and making them sick. Would be cool so you can make a fenced area with pigs who make a gassed defence by feeding meat.

-Sheep: Fur + perhaps special isolation made from the fur with some other materials to make your house / boat on snow biomes a bit warmer (and colder on heated places)?? 

-- For all flying animals: perhaps you can make like a "crowsnest". Just a nest where you can attach your bird to. So on a ship you can attach him to the nest and from there your group can active the special ability's or when for example the seagull fly's around it will return to the nest with the gatherings (fish).

-Seagull: Seagull can scout the seas for danger. Perhaps you can send him in a direction and when he gets back he shortly maps out the enemy ship locations and upcoming storm fronts? Second the seagull flys around your ship when sailing to gather random fish. (Perhaps seagull or crow could also highlight better shipwreckage boxes in the water, by setting it to find legend only or something. Or when close enough it will take the loot so you wont have to stop?)

-Parrot: Boosts your crew stats. (maybe for fun let you select a voice morpher for when you talk and instead of you, the parot talks?) 

-Vulture: Will Circle around dead body and mark it. Also random dead body's that can be found to get some random loot. And it might be able to circle around the target you are attacking being able to finish the player of when at (5% or less) health? 

-Crow: 1 will scout the island for rare resources in a nearby proximity (looking for the shiny) & perhaps can find hidden gold? 2: anothing use could be that a crow takes certain loot from dead body's. Think of it as a fight breaks out and while fighting your crow starts gathering shiny objects from dead body's as gold, (rings/necklaces that give certain stat boosts? or can be sold at a merchant for gold?). 

You will crucify me, but I would remove the opportunity to ride on predators. No tiger or lion will ride on horseback. Now this accumulation of animals, turns the romance of sailboats and piracy in addition to the ARC. People are building ugly boxes again and storing animals in them.

• Thanks 1

I have a few problems with some tames , namely :

Rabbit - make its predator warning call more obvious , as of now when it start to bark usually it is too late .Make it mark the location of predators . Or , make it predict weather , that would be great .

Bull - This tame do nothing but being a source of prime meat . Suggestion , make it a bit tougher than horse , slower , carry more weights , deal extra damage against carnivores and can have cargo saddle .

Lion - The main feature of its - grabbing attack - is disabled on PVE , making it it a poor man tiger at best , the lion should only able to grab small animal and human , also give them pack bonus to reflect real life lion being pack hunter .  

Bear - Nerf its HP more and move to tier 3 instead of tier 2 .

Razortooth - taming it is very problematic and the stats are not reflecting its status of being a freaking dinosaur , bear can beat it easily , buff its HP more and have better Stamina regen , increase fear roar debuff immunity timer so that no one can keep using razor roar ability to scare everyone .

Edited by kampfer91

On 2/13/2019 at 11:46 AM, Pallist said:

Bulls need a cargo harness that moves weight.

Make a medium gate that fits elephants. Behe gates are stupid

i would second that and also have different sized doors in terms of width and height - even some stable doors for smaller animals would do. 

Unpopular opinion: I'm not a huge fan of how dependent we are in using tames to gather. It should help provide a small bonus maybe but not one as big as it all currently is.