INVALID

Creature Designer

Those left with nothing I find fine as is.

• Chicken 
  • Bear - Gather honey/saps.
  • Cow - Let them be ride-able.
  • Bull - More weight to make it the prime beast of burden for newer companies with the cargo saddle, as well as gathering thatch decently.
  • Crow
  • Razortooth - More damage, more hp, more weight. 
  • Shieldhorn - Better at gathering thatch, more weight.
  • Elephant - Would be cool to get another saddle for the elephant. More armor (in design and actual value) that doubles as a platform saddle to build cannons/ballistas/cover on. They'd be the first line of defense when pushing into bases on land. Reminiscent of https://www.treefrogtreasures.com/images/Product/medium/AG066-FL.jpg
  • Giant Pig 
  • Giraffe - Needs to be much better at gathering thatch.
  • Horse - Change how they're tamed! I loved taming horses in Ark, it was unique and a lot of fun. Knocking out and bola'ing a horse makes no sense. 
  • Lion - More hp. Maybe slightly more damage? They should be the top tier carnivorous tame below razortooth, and do more up front damage vs DoT dmg versus the tiger. They're the king of the jungle after all.
  • Monkey
  • Ostrich - Wouldn't make much sense perhaps but a gliding mechanic like terror birds in ark would be fun and make them more unique. Could tame them in the same way as horses in Ark.
  • Parrot
  • Penguin
  • Rabbit
  • Rhino - REDUCE WEIGHT OF STONE (AND POSSIBLY METAL) and gather more of it.
  • Seagull
  • Sheep
  • Tiger - Buff bleed, it does hardly anything PvE wise. Can't speak for pvp.
  • Vulture 
  • Wolf - Give them a lockjaw type ability that slows your enemies. A pack bonus to damage with multiple wolves would be neat too. Would make them a great hunting partner to go ahead of you, track down an enemy and slow them so you can close in on them.
Edited by Lupen202

Bear: I agree that bears should be able to gather honey it's what bears do.  HEY HEY BOO BOO and all that
Chicken: Chickens could maybe help with garden with scratching being able to work as tilling and their poop as fertalizer while placed on a crop plot.
Cow: ok but wish could put a saddle on it also.
Bull: could gather thatch much better
Crow: seems ok atm
Razortooth : no comment atm
Shieldhorn: no comment atm
Elephant: The elephants tusks get hung up on EVERYTHING please find a way to fix that they can't move when they do this
Giant Pig: Maybe make pigs dig up our treasure and give a buff or increase for using them??
Giraffe could gather thatch much better.
Horse :Make Passive tame on the horses or make a carrot on a stick to lure them 😛
Lion : I like the idea of it being able to grab an animal and move it for u.
Monkey : Give a climbing buff or food reduction buff.
Ostrich: more hp is all i can think of atm
Parrot: Maybe use as a way to find discoveries also allow it to be your eyes or something like that.
Penguin: Fix penguins to help with babies I tamed 10 and they didn't help once with bears.
Rabbit :Rabbits really should give some buff also, but glad they finally ride on shoulder.  Maybe they could help find certain veggies in an area?  Or as someone suggested
a lucky buff when doing treasure.
Rhino: Rhinos should get metal also from rocks like a pickaxe can and better metal from nodes i can mine more with hand than rhino can.
Seagull: I loved VEG's idea that seagulls help with fog or someone else's idea of them warning of storm...
..Someone said seagulls to send msgs or bps in this case I love this idea.  Can send maps also.
Sheep: I loved the ideas others said about it being for fiber which is technically real world what it is.
Tiger: not used enought to comment on.
Vulture: Vultures could give a buff for killing animals or something.
Wolf: Wolves need better stam period.

Just some of others ideas and some of my own.

make it so when you lvl certain aspects of shoulder pets they give a larger buff.

Love the idea to make animals ignore gathering certain items like the ankys that got changed on ark.

REALLY not animal change wise but you all had the fix for animals falling through the floors on ark please bring it over to here.
I'm so tired of demolishing floors to get an animal unstuck.  

Some animal does need to be better with gathering thatch doesn't matter if giraffe or bull or something new.

Breeding please please please infinity PLEASE fix it.  Shouldn't have to babysit it past the baby stage a 30+ hour watch is horrible.

Something not mentioned but maybe make more NPC's that could maybe help with raising baby's?  Help with farming they can sweep decks maybe they can till gardens or milk the cows etc?

Please make it where u can tame the animal you should be able to get it's food source within that region if not that island.

I agree with those that have said crew should be seperate from tames.

Also you have the means to have items go into a bank can we have the same happen when we buy from other players?  I'd love to be able to sell from my own land I have a western town set up and would love to have visitors there because hey they might farm while visiting.  I would also like to add i'd love to have more premade buildings we can use and be used like forge houses etc.

Edited by Irisa~moon
  • Like 3

Bear Good as is
Chicken Egs
Cow Milk
Bull Thatch
Crow Int + less fog of war (make them see sunlight as well)
Razortooth  
Shieldhorn  
Elephant Wood
Giant Pig  
Giraffe Even better at thatch
Horse fast runner/carryer
Lion stuns
Monkey gives extra hp to the carryer
Ostrich  
Parrot can scout short range areas from the air
Penguin AOE heat
Rabbit when run free, collect vegstables
Rhino Stone
Seagull  
Sheep High whool or whatever it gives
Tiger bloodlust(heal when eating victims)
Vulture  
Wolf Nightvision
Bear Good as is
Chicken Egs
Cow Milk
Bull Thatch
Crow Int + less fog of war (make them see sunlight as well)
Razortooth  
Shieldhorn  
Elephant Wood
Giant Pig  
Giraffe Even better at thatch
Horse fast runner/carryer
Lion stuns
Monkey gives extra hp to the carryer
Ostrich  
Parrot can scout short range areas from the air
Penguin AOE heat
Rabbit when run free, collect vegstables
Rhino Stone
Seagull  
Sheep High whool or whatever it gives
Tiger bloodlust(heal when eating victims)
Vulture  
Wolf Nightvision

For the love of god PLEASE make it so that raising babies isn't an insane nightmare.   As it stands you can't raise them without a team of like 15 people on shifts, because they can't be left alone for even 5 minutes without potentially dying from the temperature being too hot/cold.   At least make it so that once they are out of the actual baby phase they no longer take temperature damage.  Or anything that would allow players to walk away for more than 30 seconds. 

• Bear

Make a bear agro on players based on proximity and speed. Add small jump ability. Real bears can jump. Make them rage at 1/10th of HP with double damage. 

• Chicken

Add roosters. Rare and always aggressive, difficult to tame (some kind of mechanics required, maybe only seeds passive tame requiring sneaking behind). Can be placed to alert on hostile creatures. 

• Cow

Should be more rare. 

• Bull

Make riding on the back of it ineffective (slow and no attack just enough for parking). Make a tier 3 plow saddle to recover resources similarly to shovel. Increase weight x4 with cargo saddle. Taming should be a bull riding sport. Can be lured with wheat into a taming pen for nice sport events.  

• Crow

Should be rather renamed to Raven since it's kind of large and not in groups. Remove the walking sound. 

• Razortooth

It has too low HP. Should be an ultimate thatch farmer. 

• Elephant

Weight should be increased 4x or more but speed should scale to the weight. 1/4th weight = 50% of speed 1/2 weight = 25% speed. It should be an ultimate transport animal but super slow. 

• Giraffe

Better thatch farmer. 

• Horse

Able to be saddled with plow saddle. 

• Ostrich

Fastest mount. Ability to gather earthworms. 

• Parrot

Make the parrot speak! In addition to normal levels allow adding speak levels to the parrot and select tiered sentence it'll learn. It would be an incentive to level parrots. 

• Penguin

Protect against cold and heat weaves during breading. 

• Rabbit

Change the modle. It's ugly. Rabbits should have a high speed and be able to escape players very easily. Make a cage trap with carrot to catch. Once tamed could be a long range danger detector (like SOTD) as a shoulder pet. 

• Rhino

Make it better stone / flint / metal gatherer. 

• Seagull

Organic paste / prime meat / prime fish meat gatherer. 

• Sheep

Could also give insulation boost. 

• Wolf

Pack boost. 

Make a dolphin jump boost luck instead of straight intelligence. Luck would give 10% chance of crafted item being seriously OP. Something like a roll of crafting bonus 0-50% but will only add it if it reaches 45-50%. Make a dolphin jump only if raw meat is dropped in the water and at the same time increase agro range of sharks. 

I just lost a tiger near level 80 that I have had for almost a month and have invested well over 100 hours into it and it died because it appeared underwater on the ocean floor I whistled it back onto the boat and around 10 seconds later it died to nothing. This needs to be fixed now and animals replaced because I dont want to spend over 100 hours because some bug that should have been fixed a long time ago!

Bears can fight. Fine!
Bears can carry canons. Fine!

Bears can carry Swivel guns. Still fine!

Ride a bear that kills everything in melee, while healing it while it carrying a swivel gun with npc that is oneshotting everything else and call THAT PvP? Not fine! xD

This Tame System is sooo interwoven with all the other mechanics. Looking at it disconnected from other mechanics doesn't make any sense.

I’ll definitely go into this in much more detail on a dedicated post, but for the long-term health and longevity of this game I think it’s imperative that all skills, (and in this specific case, Taming and Breeding) have significantly more depth and breadth to them so that they can continue to surprise and delight players who’ve been playing a long time and reward them for time invested, making them want to keep coming back.

As general broad suggestions I would like to put forth:

-Rare Variants that have a percentage chance to spawn in certain regions or when the system spawns in a max lvl wild

-Rare Colorations tied to region or lvl

-Rare Cosmetic Features

-Crossbreeding

-Speciation

-A fourth and obscenely expensive Tier for the absolute best Taming and Breeding skills and their related creatures.

As to the creatures you’re wanting feedback on…

·         Bear

– In my opinion Bears are currently the best tame in the game, they have the widest breadth of skills and abilities and can be easily specced for Combat or Utility. They have a large health pool, natural resistance to headshots, high damage output, high stamina and travel speed, and they are found virtually everywhere. They are not particularly difficult to tame either. As such I think their statistics need some long hard thinking and some steep adjustments in certain areas, or they need to be moved up to Tier 3, they are simply too damn good for a Tier 2 Tame.

-Suggestion: Rare Regional/Cosmetic Variant: Polar Bear, larger and lankier with additional colors such as blues and pinks, no need for stat adjustments I don’t think.

• Chicken

-Chickens are at a really good place, they provide a steady stream of eggs which is logically increased through mate boosts and they’re not too terribly difficult to tame. My main suggestion would be to add a stacking buff to Roosters up to a certain number of Hens that enables them to fight-off predators that may reach their Brood.

Suggestion: Rare Max Lvl Variant: Ducks, functions identically except lays green eggs that act as a third source of Vitamin D apart from Fish and Milk.

• Cow

-Also in an excellent place, I don’t believe any adjustments are necessary.

Suggestion: Rare Max Lvl Variant: Yaks, provides a Vitamin A Milk and AoE Insulation

• Bull

-This creature is horribly implemented right now, it serves no purpose once tamed as it does not even keep its Gore Debuff and its other stats leave much to be desired. I would suggest some sort of buff based on the number of female cows in its herd and some kind of utility such as Thatch farming. (Even if it’s not the best at it, just some functionality in that area.)

Suggestion: Rare Max Lvl Variant: Yaks, male version has much higher AoE Insulation and can be sheered like Sheep for Hair.

• Crow

-I like the way Crows are now and I think their Intelligence Buff scaling is well balanced, however… I think Intelligence itself needs some adjustment, it is a little too unreliable.

-Suggestion: Rare Max Lvl Variant: Owl, provides a higher Intelligence Buff and a slight natural Gamma adjustment buff.

• Razortooth

-I have not personally tamed or used one, but I have seen them used. My thoughts are a modest health and stamina boost and a slight increase to attack rate. Also obviously elevating them to Tier 4 if that were implemented.

• Shieldhorn

-Again, haven’t personally gotten to one of these yet, but based on what I’ve seen they need a crap ton more stamina and a bump to Tier 4. Bullet Reflect and Armor are cool touches.

• Elephant

-Good place IMO, perhaps a bump to Tier 4 if it were implemented.

-Rare Regional/Cosmetic Variant: Mammoth, obviously fur and maybe four tusks…

• Giant Pig

-Serves a logical and useful function, so no problems here.

• Giraffe

-I do like these, as they have fantastic weight capacity, sprint speed, and hit like a truck with AoE to boot. I would suggest that the Fog of War Buff be more clearly explained or more practical… It’s not really something that will get a lot of use I don’t think.

• Horse

-In an excellent place I think, adequately fast, long sprinter, and a handy torpor attack for taming utility.

-Suggestion: Rare Mythical Variant: Unicorn, cures curses upon successful tame

-Suggestion: Two potential Speciation Variants after 4th or 5th generation of breeding:

-          Clyde: A larger breed with much higher health and weight, but much less stamina. A Work Horse in every sense of the word.

-          Mule: A smaller breed that is incapable of sprinting but can move at normal walking pace even when over encumbered. Item Count would be its only limiter.

• Lion

-I like Lions, but mostly for vanity reasons, they need to have higher base health to compete with Bears, and their grab needs some utility adjustments such as a way to hold things indefinitely under certain circumstances. P.S:: Their sprint sound effect is absolutely awful, please change.

Suggestion: Rare Regional Variant: Snow Leopard, less health but greater stamina and a Pin attack for smaller animals.

Suggestion: Crossbred Variant for Max Lvl Tames: Liger, requires a tiger of corresponding lvl and opposite gender. Larger, slower, less stamina and health, but hits like a boulder to the face.

Suggestion: Red Coloration chance past lvl 25.

• Monkey

-Fine as they are, I think.

• Ostrich

-Also fine, though they could maybe have an escape kick that allows them to launch off of and out of groups of predators in case they get pinned.

• Parrot

-Higher Insulation Buff would be my main suggestion, and perhaps a Music and Dance related utility.

• Penguin

-As a Tier 2 region specific tame, I think we deserve both Hyper and Hypo Thermal Insulation from these guys.

• Rabbit

-Allow its predator detection radius to be visible when ‘H’ key is held and provide some kind of luck buff for treasure or resource harvesting (perhaps a very low chance to yield an additional resource type per hit.)

• Rhino

-Good place, IMO.

• Seagull

-Seagull needs its buffs transferred to a new creature type without Oxygen such as a Giant Salamander or Otter, it’s fruitless and counter-intuitive to have a shoulder mount that gives bonus Swim Speed and Oxygen but drowns before you can make full use of it. Instead I would suggest a weather prediction buff or a treasure map quality detection function.

• Sheep

-No problems here.

• Tiger

-Only suggestion would be to beef it up a bit so it’s more on par with Bears and make its bleed tick faster without increasing its output. Tigers should be the premier carnivorous mount apart from the Razortooth.

-Rare Regional/Cosmetic Variant: Saber-Tooth: Higher health and greater bleed damage but less stamina and base damage.

Suggestion: Crossbred Variant for Max Lvl Tames: Liger, requires a tiger of corresponding lvl and opposite gender. Larger, slower, less stamina and health, but hits like a boulder to the face.

• Vulture

-Does this even do anything? If it does, it is not clear…

-Rare Max Lvl Variant: Hawk or Falcon, highlights nearby creatures and buffs ranged damage.

• Wolf

-Only suggestion is to massively buff stamina, if they’re not tanky and not high in damage output they should at least have high endurance.

-Suggestion: Two potential Speciation Variants after 4th or 5th generation of breeding:

-          Timber Wolf: A smaller breed that gains a pack buff when with others of its kind, no health or damage resistance buff, just damage output.

-          Shepherd Hound: A more domesticated breed that gains a stacking buff when it has livestock to protect nearby. Excels at chasing off wild predators even if it can’t overpower them.

And that’s that. As I said I will be doing a much more comprehensive and detailed review/critique of the current Taming and Breeding system along with more nuanced suggestions and explanations.

Happy Game Designing Grapeshot!

-Cyanic

Edited by CyanicEmber

As it stands, you currently cannot breed bears in the polar regions, and wolves at all; which frankly seems absurd as they abundantly spawn here more than anywhere.

Please allow breeding of bears in the north/south- it adds to the continuity that you would be able to breed where they naturally exist. Are spawns with sexual properties born from asexual creatures? or do the bears migrate multiple tiles, have their young, and bring them back with none of us seeing?

I don't think breeding in general should be limited to biome at all- you've already given the players the tools and tames to manipulate temperature- if we can already simulate and manipulate the temperatures they would be comfortable in, that's all the animal/s should be concerned with. The undesirable biome mechanic is what is counter-intuitive. Having to regulate extreme temperature should be the challenge accepted by the player, and what makes breeding desirable for the tames.

I am fairly certain based on the data acquired from many confirmed sources that this is not currently possible in polar regions on official servers due to the "undesirable biome" hard-cap. Maybe an unofficial server with custom temperature ranges. If I'm mistaken, please share more information, because all currently performed experimentation proves otherwise.

For example, currently horses can't be bred in desert due to "undesirable biome" hardcap, even if you submerge them in cold water and get them to a temperature they would be OK with. Horses have been bred in the deserts of egypt and the middle east for thousands of years. While you can manipulate their temperature to a desirable one where they would breed in another region, you are restricted by the hard-cap, which is counter-intuitive to having tools and tames that allow you regulate temperature.

These 2 screenshots show that we can in fact make them warm enough, but the undesirable biome never goes away:

While too cold (Notice the mountain of snow):

http://puu.sh/CHewT/368d00f87a.png

While content with temperature (Notice undesirable biome still is present, but the mountain of snow is gone):

http://puu.sh/CHewr/83af1f9887.png

u/Jatheish - Please also take into consideration that the scaling of votes on this topic scales with the population of tamers/breeders/beastmasters that encompass the game currently. This is a serious balance issue when other biomes are not accessible in the same grid/server as it was possible in Ark, and only actual Tamers/Breeders will have insight on what is being explained.

So the way this works from testing is as follows:

There are currently hard cap (biome) restrictions that cannot be modified by manual variance of temperature, to the point a player is "hot" in a polar biome, the hard cap of "undesired biome" cannot be altered.

There are soft cap restrictions that allow you to modify the temperature in "similar" biomes (where the base temperature of the biome meets "desirable" requirements). In "similar biomes" is where you can alter the temps manually to successfully breed/maturate.

Penguins work as insulators (in tight areas). This is severely limited by their overall level. The higher level penguins, the higher their aoe insulation gets. There is quite a difference from a level 30 penguin to a level 70+, then you factor in the multiplier (how many penguins you have).

The problem is, while this worked in Ark due to the majority of biomes being local (minus expansions), some players have to travel multiple grids and then commit to hours of breeding. It's very unrealistic, and un-friendly to solo/small-group players. Overall it just adds to an already time consuming experience that is unnecessary. If the player has the intuition to manipulate the temperature given the tames and tools available to them, the hard caps should not be present. It de-incentivizes advanced thinking, and breeding as a whole, solo and Mega alike.

You have created a disparity in balance where one region is the majority tame region (As depicted in tove's research) and anyone controlling those regions pretty much controls breeding.

No. Not with an aspect of the game that should be universally accessible.

Even with universal access- there will still be a market for tames/breeds. Not everyone wants to breed, but not every breeder should be relegated to one climate for the majority of his/her work.

Resources !== Taming.

While resources may have a few skills in the tree, Beastmastery is it's own entire skill arc. Having to travel or trade for other material types is one thing- and I appreciate the distribution of them to generate economy. Beastmastery though as a whole, should not be hard-capped in the fashion they are currently imposing.

Freeports also enable you to freely grab resources of any region without regard for the control status of the player run regions around them. This does not work for breeding.

If they didn't intend breeding to be a proponent in the game, why does it occupy its own parent skill tree?

Breeding in polar would still be difficult and time consuming without the undesirable hard-cap. What is being advocated is the equal ability to regulate temps as every other region has access to. One or two regions shouldn't be completely cut off and excluded from the mechanic of being able to manipulate temperatures and successfully breed as every other region seemingly does for the most part. We can make it hot/cold enough, even in extreme temp regions- the game just ignores that we've accomplished that based on the hard-cap parameters. That is what is wrong with the system.

I don't understand why we should be punished for already living in harsher conditions. If anything, the difficulty of living in extreme regions should be incentivized further to promote their growth, and alleviate the overpopulation/stress of the more casual biomes.

Lastly, Penguins AoE insulation currently does not affect tames. This should be one of the "tools" at our disposal to help regulate the temperature for breeding- but as the insulation does not apply currently to tames- they can't be utilized as such.

Edited by Teach

make animals farm small amount of materials when wondering. like chicken berries, pig some tatch, cow grass, etc. Also introduce armor that animals could wear which should boost some stats or just for cosmetics. Also be able to assign animals to protect certain spots, or people, like set a tiger to protect an npc, another animal, or a structure

Edited by Akemi

Personally, I would change the birds taming to not include the bola... maybe i'm just mad cause bad, but I spent the better part of valentines day chasing a crow in an effort to tame it. between them being fast flying creatures and the fact that hit registration is only server side, I ended up not being able to damage the thing for most of the time, and when I could I ended up killing them a lot... It would be hard enough to tame them if you just chase them around and force feed them like you do monkeys or chickens, since neither of those 2 animals can fly away from you.

Can we set permissions for animals to eat specific items in the trough? Or settings for creature groups that only allows certain groups to access certain troughs? I'm tired of my bears eating all the meat gathered for wolves when they have plenty of berries. Or literally all the omnivore/carnivore animals eating the fish gathered for my penguins. I have to put it in penguin inventory. Then it expires fast. 😕

All animal sounds be fixed , animals falling through floors , and breeding .... fix the babies dieing to fast .... I understand it needs to be a challange and love the way we have to tame things BUT breeding is way to much when they die that fast....the only other concern i would say is increase the amount of stuff that type of animal harvest like thatch is always a huge one ... Keep up the great work , love the game 

Monkey: Stamina buff when on shoulder. Would help w/ those climbing discoveries
Rabbit: Speed buff. Sometimes i like to farm fast
Sheep: 25-50 wool per trim. would justify more people moving to polars
bear: jump
horse: passive tame

would be nice to have some variety in meat so pigs (pork), cows (beef), and chickens (poultry) can be more in demand. then, it would add value to the cooking tree w/ more potential.

pig: bigger poop

vulture: decrease spoil timer aoe

Elephant, or for most tames w/ 4 legs: improve the movement

also seconding the separation of food, seeds from resources

this reply: better grammar and structure

@Jatheish Please please please  change the harvest attack, so we don't have to keep rarpidly clicking to harvest like pick or axe. Don't need any more RSI 

Edited by Fez

On 2/13/2019 at 5:40 AM, Jatheish said:
  • Bear- Think this tame is in a good place maybe less damage from a balance perspective.
  • Chicken- mechanically in a good place. Would say change the males model to a rooster.
  • Cow- nothing i would change.
  • Bull-i like the above stated suggestions of making the cargo saddle an actual cargo cart. Otherwise maybe some increase to thatch gathering. Something needs to be added because unless you are breeding this tame is pretty much useless.
  • Crow- Like where this tame is.
  • Razortooth- haven't tamed so no comment.
  • Shieldhorn- haven't tamed so no comment.
  • Elephant- Stamina has been increased but even before that i was happy with where they were at.
  • Giant Pig- Pretty good the force poop helps our farmers out a lot.
  • Giraffe- after the patch notes i will be quite happy with this tame. We had been forgoing taming these as they would have just taken up room in our barn.
  • Horse- Change their AI around to avoid water more often. Passive taming wouldn't be horrible but we tame these fairly easily without. Cart would be nice for multiple tames and hauling.
  • Lion- need to have some kind of durability maybe some dodge mechanic or a pounce that stuns. The bite attack doesn't work in PvE official as far as i have been able to see. Maybe add that back in to the game otherwise the tiger outshines this mount.
  • Monkey- pretty happy with the monkey.
  • Ostrich- pretty happy with these. They are the all around best scouting mount that i have seen.
  • Parrot- Some of the above suggestions for these would not be bad. Warning system or a homing message sender. Otherwise good as the are.
  • Penguin- WE gave a couple of these but they are mostly for those that find them cute. Maybe change it so that if placed on wander and someone nearby is cold player or baby they immediately walk over and give them the fortitude buff.
  • Rabbit- Pretty useless tame from what i can see. Cant think of any real use for them sadly.
  • Rhino- Pretty happy with them after the newest patch. Gathering metal from rocks would be a great addition to their usefulness. They need a better turn base because it is atrocious.
  • Seagull- haven't tamed so no comment.
  • Sheep- Fairly useless tame i mean hide is so easy to come by for almost all regions. I would change the wool from hide to its own item which can be converted to fiber in the loom.
  • Tiger- Pretty happy with these so far i haven't had a lot of experience just found some recently and was able to tame them. My company members that have used them are very happy with them.
  • Vulture- haven't tamed so no comment.
  • Wolf - they need a buff overall i think the main issue wasn't their power level but their spawn rate which is in a good place IMO. I would give them their attack power back because right now they are fairly useless tames. Or if not add the previously mentioned pack buff up to a maximum amount so only so many wolves will stack.

Other than that i think most of the tames are in good places. I cant wait for the giant crab and whatever else you add in for the game. I would like to see more aquatic tames.

Making breeding automatic instead of a chore would open up breeding animals for food and hides. Nobody would possibly do that now.

Horse: make passive tame. It's a good animal just so annoying to tame that people rarely want to bother.

Sheep: should harvest fiber (I mean wool is literally fiber. You're not skinning it. Unless you kill it.)

Bull: improve carry capacity. Maybe give it a right click charge-with-knockback. Should be a go-to pack animal.

Wolf: make the howl do something. Buff other nearby wolves? Accumulates so 1 wolf is weak but 5 are deadly?

Parrot: extra gold buff when digging chests. Because pirate.

Vulture: when on shoulder, puts a beam over ALL corpses, friend and foe alike. Helpful for finding that dead friend who died in the bushes and can't get back quickly or the dead enemy you wanted to loot but can't find. Maybe increases all dead animal harvesting too ("hey you missed a bit, perfectly good eating right there").

Pig: I feel like this should be a fun riding pet somehow. Maybe it buffs your bow shot and melee when ridden? Warg riders!

as i play a small character i also do like the pig a lot, so they already gather thatch so maybe let them gather more of it than now?
and i dont mind that it cant have a saddle, but i would love the option to use a saddle, maybe with some bonus,
and my 1 priority for the Pig, please make it not use up all of stamin in like 5 secs, cant run with it, i always need to have it run after me if i am to keep up with my friends and they are on bears, but i cant keep up since the stamina goes away like in 5\10 seconds when you run.
and a attack bird would be awesome ;-)

saddles should show what they give (atm you cant see how much armor they provide until equiped on an animal should be seen before crafting)

If I was a dev, I would add the ability for Shieldhorns to project a shield at a 45 degree angle from their faces, at the cost of stamina. WOuld be amazingly useful in PvP and PvE.

Just incase posting it here helps - Revert the changes to wolves (tames not wild) hp + dmg pls or at the very least hp as lvl 70+ with less then 300hp is so poor.

Bear-give the  ear the ability to collect honey,  be because....  it's a bear!

Bull-return the ability to gather thatch.

Elephant, Giraffe, Rhino- because of the size of these animals I would like to see some type of rear attack to help defend against mobs that come up from behind

Horse- gives a damage buff to bows and spears (or all throwing weapon's, or all weapon's) when used when mounted.  you could base the buff off of the horse melee power. (Can we get a javelin!)

Crow, parrot, monkey, - all smaller shoulder pets that give a buff when on your shoulder.  make the buff an AoE buff when you have a pair of them together and tamed. 

General improvements 

remove all tier 1 non-combat, non-riding tames from adding to the player count on ships.

Add an behavior mod to disable collecting Berry's.

From the E: commands you have an ability to move pet to ship,  once on a ship add command to move pet off ship

Komodo dragon, make it seem mostly harmless but, will defend itself or randomly leaves you alone.  (Some of the scripts you use for the seagull might work. Because you hit it, bring it down to red, it takes off and, comes back and attacks you again.)

But when it bites it doesn't damage you it does torpor chunk over time as would a real Komodo Dragon would but, you run away and your torpor starts to rise rapidly and here come the Dragon to eat you.  Your only defense is to kill it or find a large rock to climb up! "Too bad you couldn't climb a tree"