INVALID

Creature Designer

1 hour ago, Robotukas said:

Is not only need to address to Tax Bank but also for animals itself. If you try to harvest resources in thundra you will notice that 80% of harvesting time I spend to get rid fruits and vegetables from animal itself. 

That is what they are saying, they are thinking about making the animal inventory look like the tax bank, where you drag an item into the "exempt" folder and it wont collect what is in there... O.o

Seconding the suggestion to filter gathering options. Nothing like swiping with a bear or elephant and picking up thousands of berries at a time.  The inventory management mini game of using those two tames for gathering fiber / wood is just tedious. 

Also not seeing much use for bulls right now. Maybe add a cargo harness that actually moves cargo? Maybe have it require two bulls hooked together, like an ox cart for moving heavy items. Could also be used for horses. 

Are we supposed to be able to shear sheep? Tried using scissors on them, didn't work. If this isn't an option, adding it would add definite value to sheep tames. 

Also definitely need to increase the thatch gathering capabilites of whichever tame you intended to be good at gathering thatch. Giraffes seem to be the consensus, but they gather less than the player with a pick axe. 

I think regional paints on the animals would be sweet. Like all tundra bears should be white (polar bears). Horses in the desert zones should be painted  zebras. 

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:
  • Bear
    • can collect Bamboo
    • collect only less food
  • Cow
    • get a saddle for better steering (follow is horrobile if you want to put them in stable)
  • Bull
    • gets a weight cart
    • Thatch Collector?
  • Crow
    • passive tame
  • Elephant
    • change movement behavior from stego to a more direct one. All pets should be able to turn without moving forward.
    • slightly increese stamina
  • Giant Pig
    • stimberry mechanic? Feed them to poop?
  • Giraffe
    • Thatch Collector?
  • Horse
    • they moving around and get scared by players and tamed pets or blocking their movent. Reduce their hyperactivity.
  • Lion
    • they dont release you from grab, if you hit them with melee. this shlould be fixes. grap itself seems to be useles for pve players.
  • Ostrich
    • more HP
    • Seed Collector?
  • Parrot
    • passive tame
  • Rhino
    • Ore from normal rocks (pickaxe)
  • Wolf
    • more HP
    • more stamina (The wolf is a very enduring animal. check his hunting methods)

• Like 1

• Chicken, let my chickens fight each other
  • Bull, Transport saddle with lot of space
  • Giraffe, thatch animal please
  • Horse, passive tame
  • Monkey, Needs a jacket
  • Ostrich, passive tame
  • Rhino, Metal from Stone with Metalnodes
  • Seagull, can direct you to Islands
  • Vulture, eats your enemy, get cosmetic skulls and bones

2 hours ago, Veg said:

seagul- reveal more fog of war in open seas and maybe show trails of the ships ?
vulture- show health of every living thing around you?
bull- carry more weight

-giraffe gather more thatch

-bear should be able to gather honey

and please add ignore item list to the animal inventory like in the bank

and more agressive options to animals like : attack only players and tamed creatures. i want animals protect my base not to chase a seagul to the open seas

im gonna go with this 

One of the animals (preferably more) need to be able to gather thatch from trees at a higher rate than a metal pick. Yes the bear can pickup reed and leaves that count as thatch but not all biomes have them which means that you have to travel fairly far to get one of the most used materials in the game.

Breeding needs a rework so they eat even when your offline and the only threats are temperature and predators. The timer itself would be less of a pain if i could atleast log off for an hour before they "starved" to death with full inventories and trough within range.
After the initial "baby" stage breeding should get slightly easier in terms of temperatures that they can handle, most biomes have fairly large swings in temperatures which means that its going to be almost impossible to get them to full maturation without babysitting for the entire maturation.

Dont nerf any of the animals more because of PvP, most of them are already useless or have hidden effects that are almost impossible to find without doing weird testing (like someone said crows make you take way less fall damage).

For specific changes to animals:
- Cows
Have a stat that lets you get more milk

- Sheep
Change the harvestable wool to something that is more used (at this point im fairly certain that most players are swimming in hide).

- Elephant
Make its stamina regen faster, at its current speed its less atrocious for me to run around farming on my own and dropping wood on it than it is to farm with the elephant, wait for stamina and farm again.

- Rhino
Let it get metal at the same rate as with a pick, right now it basically removes the metal from the stones and only picks up the stone+flint.

- Penguins
Their current AoE insolation needs to become an actual buff (instead of silently adding to the values) and it needs to affect baby animals (if it currently does its not noticable).

• Like 1

Can we finally have tier 3 breeding? The skill is useless if it's not implemented into the game. Maybe add a few more creatures as well. The list is a little lack luster

Edited by BloodRayne

• Bear
    • Move to Tier 3 this tame outclasses the tiger and lion easily.  
  • Chicken
    • No changes to them just would like to have a structure to put them in that I can pay a gold cost to have auto collect turned on for them.  Otherwise it's an all day job to collect their eggs which is only fun for so long.
  • Cow
    • Same as chicken no changes just a structure that can automate the collection of their resources(milk) for a gold cost.
  • Bull
    • Increase thatch harvest rate a bit.
  • Crow
    • Fix collision issues when taming, right now they are a bit glitchy  with structures when you try to tame them.
  • Razortooth
    • These things are weak, these should feel like a threat and they really don't.
  • Shieldhorn
    • This is literally a trike from Ark.  Movement style everything matches right up.  A few changes to make it a bit more unique than that and move away from the berry gatherer that it is.  
  • Elephant
    • Good as it is, gathers a ton of wood so that makes construction of ships easier.
  • Giant Pig
    • Honestly not sure on this one, I've tamed it and it doesn't really seem worth the waste of maize to tame let alone berries.  It's weak and stamina deficient and can poop command, other than that it's one job of berry gathering is outclassed by most other tames in it's tier currently.   It needs a job to be useful or at least enable the saddle option(don't require it) so that it can get some armor.
  • Giraffe
    • This things pretty awesome as it is.
  • Horse
    • Good as it is
  • Lion
    • Weak as it gets, needs buffed or reduced in class or simply made untameable and used as an aggressive mob that we have to just deal with. Also remove the grab from the damn alpha that's just ridiculously OP.
  • Monkey
    • The healing buff is pretty OP, doesn't quite outclass the medikits but does a good job on it's own.
  • Ostrich
    • Super fast, perhaps a bit more HP(~5%) and reduced weight.  Otherwise this thing is a great travel mount.
  • Parrot
    • Good as it is, collision issues need fixed just like the crow.
  • Penguin
    • Has no affect on breeding, if they are intended to help with this then they definitely need to have expanded range on their ability and impact tames.
  • Rabbit
    • Has no ability, is currently just a cute shoulder pet(I personally like them).  It seems like it would make sense to give this thing something related to either luck or it's ears being used as a weather radar though since I'm not sure how "luck" is currently calculated.  Perhaps a mild luck bonus for treasure hunting.
  • Rhino
    • Good as it is.
  • Seagull
    • Good as it is, collision issues need fixed just like the crow.
  • Sheep
    • Same as chicken no changes just a structure that can automate the collection of their resources(fleece) for a gold cost.
  • Tiger
    • Same as lion, this thing is super weak, needs either buffed or made into a lower class(tier 2).  
  • Vulture
    • Haven't tamed but it's a bird so probably has the same collision issues.
  • Wolf
    • This thing got nerfed to hell and gets used as a chew toy for almost everything else.  You might as well drop it into Tier 1.

Cargo Saddle - Add the ability to have a storage box/resource chest added to this so that we can transport cargo around.  Have it affect the weight of the hauling tame by 25% but the weight of a boat by 100%.

Saddle Blueprints - Add in higher quality or at least make the common ones upgradable so that we can protect tames better.

For everyone shouting "This game isn't supposed to be about tames"

1. We have mythical creatures that can kill players in 1-2 hits at best.
  2. We have alpha creatures that can tear you to bits in again 1-2 hits.
  3. We have super low weight to be carrying around tons of materials

This is an MMO survival game that includes very few of the MMO aspects and many of the Survival ones, The few MMO ones that it has seem to be mobs that are fairly high in power and we keep getting nerfed at the player level due to PVP.

• Like 1

id do nothing with any of them instead id quit spamming content the way ark did and failed...dont go down arks path and fix the basic playability first which they never did cos the money was rolling in,is this gonna be another cash cow?Tell us why on eu pvp there can be only 10 players in a server from all over the world but all get 255 ping massive rubber bands and cant play on a daily and weekly basis d^ you have ignored all other reports and done zero so we just spam it where we can now ,maybe the basics will get fixed after the money flow stops ayyyy

I think the thing all animals need the most is the ability to "make them sit" on some sort of "animal stall" so you can guarentee they don't fall through floors on platforms, into foundations, or off of ships. much like crewmen do where you can make them sit on a chair or sit on the sails.

Giraffe: seems to be a weird scout/passenger thing? not terribly useful in the game of boats. However if you made them "not get agro" from other creatures even from alphas i could see them used in maps. maybe make them farm thatch good?

Pig: The pig is annoying to guide around with it's super low carry weight (riding it takes some levels).

Bull: seems to have terrible health. it's very "hard" to tame it because you accidentally kill it.

Also i know you didn't ask for this feedback but: 

Yeti: let us tame some form of yeti. i adored ark yeti for it's play control, compact might, and ability to zipline. fun stuff.

There should be an animal that gathers thatch as a primary resources, also allow breeding in any biome if temp is right, breeding shouldn't be biome locked.

• Bull - Should be able to pull carts
  • Giraffe - Currently pretty useless
  • Horse - Would love a tighter turn radius, and also they should be a passive tame, or we need lassos.
  • Penguin - Temp regulation should work on tames, I've heard it doesn't.
  • Seagull - Somebody mentioned a weather alert system, I love that idea. +1
  • Wolf - Nerfed way too much. They need a weight, health, and damage buff, they're hardly usable and not at all worth taming anymore. Which stinks because they'd be my favorite otherwise.
Edited by EloraDonovan

Leave animal the way they are, theres honestly nothing wrong with them, there ai is wonky af but theres not a damn thing wrong with animals.although i do agree there isnt a great thatch gatherer. i have lived on an island where a single swing with a bear would yield 3-4k thatch. so, i think people are just trying to complain ..

Maybe for Sheeps (or only male sheeps): ride on them and climbing mountains

And breeding system is really broken at the moment. It's just impossible!!!

Edited by Tenosch

Here my feedback to each with comment on: quality of interaction / function i use it for

• Bear: well implemented / fiber
  • Chicken: well implemented / eggs
  • Cow: well implemented / milk
  • Bull: no use atm... not enough thatch, can't carry enough, no cargo
  • Crow: taming horrible (circling makes bola throws a nightmare) / post tame use good - crafting skill
  • Elephant: taming horribly (hit / feed spots too small) - wood gathering is fine though stamina so low....
  • Giant Pig: well implemented / poop (maybe add seed gathering?)
  • Giraffe: well implemented / carry & transport
  • Horse: used it once in early, not mus use after
  • Monkey: well implemented / health regen and poop machine gun
  • Ostrich: well implemented / travel mount
  • Parrot: taming horrible (circling makes bola throws a nightmare) / post tame use not given,  buff too small to matter
  • Rabbit: no use (dection neither works nor is useful atm, not like parasaur in ark)
  • Rhino: taming horribly (hit / feed spots too small), doesnt gather metal properly (no other animal does either?), stamina low, other uses are fine / stone + flint
  • Sheep: well implemented / wool shearing
  • Tiger: well implemented / meat + leather
Edited by Tr4ckz
  • Like 1

First of all,
Scrap the system first.
Put for each Taming the same skill.
But upon activation each tame;
Depending on which creature you have.
Has a different ability.

For example ; The bear is a level 2 Tier.
So it has Plate armor around upon activation.

It also has a counter on its level 2 tier.
Which could be a lion.

Lions could have a sharp tooth activation.
So thus it has more damage for a short amount of time.

For level 1 tiers you could have more ground abilities.
For level 3 tiers you could have more build/combat abilities.

For level 1 tiers in example; 

Crows could warn you if danger comes nearby.
(just like in ark scorched earth) 
Monkeys could loot stuff from other players,
Making pvp a lot worse (also more fun for the tamers)
Seagulls could look for shiny objects in the sky.
Like metal and other hard materials.

Parrot could look for enemies in the sky upon activation. (usefull for ship raidings)

For level 3 tiers.

The rhino already has a rampage ability. 
But make the rhino more vast to pvp.
And you could have that rhino does more damage towards buildings/litterally wipe out the buildings.
They are also more harder to tame this way then.

Elephant is for wood/sugarcane.
Upon activation; A horn that whistles all agressive dino's for help against the certain individual.
Or a trample (your choice) 

• Bear - In a good place ATM
  • Chicken - In a good place ATM
  • Cow - The only complaint is that I can't ride them to move them around. make it so that you need the sheltered buff to ride them. just to make my OCD happy 🙂
  • Bull - Needs to gather thatch from trees the way a pickaxe does. an elephant mimics the hatchet, you need an animal that mimics the pickaxe in terms of gathering.
  • Crow - Let the crow have a small chance to pick locks of boxes without the shelter buff. Would love to see what's inside those lonely large boxes all over lawless islands.
  • Razortooth - Can't comment
  • Shieldhorn - Can't comment
  • Elephant - The only complaint is that its stamina regen is a little too low. it needs to regen like the bear or rhino.
  • Giant Pig - Truffle hunt while on wander. make any recipe with truffles and have the buff be 2x longer.
  • Giraffe - Can't comment
  • Horse - Slow it down just a little. make a horse a passive tame. shouldn't have to get a horse stuck somewhere to tame it.
  • Lion - buff damage a little to bring it in line with the predator type tames.
  • Monkey - make the monkey do secure trades for traders. not make him carry a ton but some mechanic to help traders feel a little bit safer.
  • Ostrich - Can't comment
  • Parrot - give a gold buff when digging in open ground. not for treasure maps but make digging with the shovel a little more interesting.
  • Penguin - insulate better. there needs to be an animal that works like a temperature regulator as the AC did in ark. I think the penguin would fit that perfectly.
  • Rabbit - give it a run speed increase. to make the rabbit like the jerboa from SE was a good idea but it needs to be worth taming. 
  • Rhino - make it reduce stone/flint/metal weight a little. right now the rhino is decent but it needs a little help.
  • Seagull - remove fog of war or reduce fog
  • Sheep - works fine IMO
  • Tiger - needs to be almost as fast as a horse but faster than a wolf. should have a stealth buff against wild animals
  • Vulture - should gather meat for you within a reasonable radius
  • Wolf - give the wolves a pack buff. make it worth it to travel with 2 or 3.

Across the board, tames need to be breedable. I know it has been stated that this will be looked at but I really feel like this should be a little easier. sitting in a house and turning on/off fires and grills for 48 hours to breed a bear is not worth it right now. I would rather suck it up and go hunt for a 29 or 30 wild bear and tame on a 2x weekend. 

Give the AI crew the ability to automate some of the base daily tasks, milk cows, shear sheep, collect eggs and/or poop. this QOL change would help a ton of companies make the game feel less like farmville and more like an MMO.

The tames should something that players want to use and not curse every day they log in to feed them.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to the players. we definitely appreciate that! 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

As a note to this I do not play on officials at present, I am not a PvP enthusiast so I am not overly aware of the current climate of PvP and tames. And from an outside looking in perspective it is difficult to offer insight on individual pieces without seeing the larger puzzle or knowing future plans.

• Bear - Either this creature is where the bar should be set for mountable creatures or it needs adjusted. The bear seems to be the most useful mount in game due to versatility.
  • Chicken - Good as is for vitamin production.
  • Cow - Good as is for vitamin/drink production. Possible slaughter option for high quantities of prime meat?
  • Bull - Possible thatch farmer, add cargo saddle usability to carry additional weight.
  • Crow - Int doesn't seem particularly viable at the moment. Consider int buff for later creature? Perhaps increased range weapon damage buff while on shoulder?
  • Razortooth - Should be a strong combat mount, possibly add demoralizing roar that lowers damage of wild creatures or somehow interacts with power stone island creatures to make them more manageable.
  • Shieldhorn - People keep suggesting this as a thatch farmer but I don't think something you get from a power stone island should be a resource gatherer. Perhaps make it a tank like role that may also provide damage reduction to its rider and nearby allies?
  • Elephant - In a good place if we are happy with its current weight.
  • Giant Pig - Serves its purpose for fertilizer. Possible QoL change would be increase its food consumption but make it auto generate fertilizer value for nearby crops while on wander?
  • Giraffe - Would make more sense imo for this to be the prime thatch farmer over anything else currently in game. Otherwise maybe somehow just for the lols turn it into a siege tower mount somehow. 😉
  • Horse - Again as the bull give the ability to equip a cargo saddle to carry additional weight.
  • Lion - Enable the ability to hold things in its mouth once tamed or change its right click to a pounce with a small stun using a ground reticle for targeting. Bring general combat viability up possibly as I'm seeing a number of people complain about their survivability. Another possible option is give it a prowl feature that severely reduces agro radius of wild creatures. Perhaps include the pounce feature as an ambush ability to start combat.
  • Monkey - Good for poo throw.  Possible change to effect would be instead of dot and slow make like dilo spit.
  • Ostrich - Add glide similar to terror birds or limited range targeted leap that may allow rider to easier reach heights.
  • Parrot - This is the quintessential pirate pet. Make it piraty. Perhaps increased gold earned from treasure maps while on shoulder or higher quality blueprints? Perhaps reduced vitamin depletion while at sea?
  • Penguin - Adorable to hold but having to hold them to get a better insulation buff isn't a fun mechanic. Possibly just make their AoE insulation a larger range so that bases  in cold regions could have them distributed in order to make QoL better without needing to force fortitude stat pumping.
  • Rabbit - Some form of breeding bonus perhaps a reduction in gestation time or cd between mating? Who knows what's in store for the heir system later maybe for lols  make them do something with that too. O.O
  • Rhino - In a good place if we are happy with its current weight.
  • Seagull - Whereas I see the use in increased swim speed and oxygen use reduction perhaps a later creature could be used for that? Some form of adorable amphibious shoulder pet at a later date? Instead perhaps increased sight in fog, increased fog of war reveal, or a Jerboa like early detection system for weather since things like fog, rain, cyclones, etc... are very dangerous at sea.
  • Sheep - I mean hide production is nice but getting hide isn't a difficult task as it stands now. I keep seeing alternative to fiber instead but I'd imagine giving how the resources presently are that would be moderately annoying to change. So I'd say increase the cap on how much fleece you get from it to make it less laborious because 100 fleece cap isn't very high and easily out farmed just through killing creatures. Possible slaughter option for high quantities of prime meat?
  • Tiger - Like the lion perhaps rebalance per community request. Bleed effect seems either very niche or not strong enough imo. Possibly rebalance the bleed or like the lion if the pounce feature doesn't feel good for them consider swapping it to the tiger.
  • Vulture - Perhaps making them similar to dimorphodons people seemed to like those in ARK. Otherwise maybe give them some sort of pestilence like ability that can cause players hit to cough for a time similar to the vitamin deficiency.
  • Wolf - Haven't played around with these in a while, they were originally very powerful in game. Ensure combat mounts like lions, tigers, bears, and wolves are on similar  footing. Perhaps include a pack bonus like ARK or add in a stamina regenerating howl for nearby allies.

i'd take blue out of the giraffe color palette (also either make it's neck shorter like an okapi, or longer like a giraffe.. now it's all out of proportions )
although i see a lot of suggestions to increase weight, i wouldn't add weight to pack mules, leave that to a cart or harness addition. 

it's probably a concession to prevent having to render all drops individually when they drop after harvest, but i had some hope storing non-edibles inside a utility animal would've been a thing of the past (the "dino era" 😉 ) with the release of atlas. (there's still time before end of EA ^^ )

• Bear: Already one of the most used tames, doesn't need any help.
  • Chicken: Simple recipe (steak and eggs) for new players.
  • Cow: Maybe some type of herd buff, so raising cattle would have a point. 
  • Bull: This is a big one, Bull should gather thatch well. Why in the world is Thatch a choke point in this game lol. 
  • Crow: Maybe a buff that finds dead bodies in the nearby area, since crows irl are kinda sketchy creatures. But with the intelligence buff they already have, not totally needed. 
  • Razortooth: No change needed, they are pretty good as is.
  • Shieldhorn: Should be the epic Thatch gatherer!
  • Elephant: Already pretty good as is.
  • Giant Pig: New phiomia is fine.
  • Giraffe: A pve buff would be nice, otherwise there isnt really a need to see other peoples territory markers farther out. Even on PVP who really uses that feature...
  • Horse: Already pretty good, but would be nice to see something like the lasso from Ark to make it more fun.
  • Lion: Seriously, the grab attack doesn't work on PVE.
  • Monkey: Again, doesn't throw poop on PVE, maybe some sort of passive buff would be nice. (Side note, people rarely use shoulder mounts because they die so easy)
  • Ostrich: Pretty good mount as is.
  • Parrot: Fine as is.
  • Penguin: Fine as is, I don't expect much from a penguin. 
  • Rabbit: SOMETHING, this needs a buff, or reason to have this evil looking creature on your shoulder. Maybe it would be easy to breed them, for noob food or something. 
  • Rhino: Should get some metal from normal nodes, just like you do with a pickaxe. 
  • Seagull: Should have a sea buff, so you really want one on your shoulder out at sea. Otherwise no one tames these.
  • Sheep: Pretty good as is, more stam though.
  • Tiger: Slight faster would be nice, but otherwise good.
  • Vulture: An ability that goes along with corpses, or maybe you get a buff when you feed it spoiled meat. Something.
  • Wolf: Not too bad, but should really have the pack buffs/abilities from Ark. That was awesome. 

Why do not you return to the strict adjustment around the beginning?