INVALID

Creature Designer

Let's play a game! If you were a designer, what would you change about the following tamable creatures? We often hear feedback that players don't find value in most of the ones we've tamable, and I know some ideas have been shared in various threads previously but figured I'd make a giant thread where y'all can suggest. Not saying any of this is going to happen, but curious to see what you suggest.

• Bear
  • Chicken
  • Cow
  • Bull
  • Crow
  • Razortooth
  • Shieldhorn
  • Elephant
  • Giant Pig
  • Giraffe
  • Horse
  • Lion
  • Monkey
  • Ostrich
  • Parrot
  • Penguin
  • Rabbit
  • Rhino
  • Seagull
  • Sheep
  • Tiger
  • Vulture
  • Wolf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Biggest thing making them not valuable is how easily they can be killed within a house or fall through the floor foundations. I have 7-8 chickens under my house in the foundations for weeks now.

• Bear - Fine
  • Chicken - Fine but falls through the floor.
  • Cow - Make milk more useful in cooking, more recipes, better food
  • Bull - Give it more damage to be a low tier mount with higher weight for hauling
  • Crow - So hard to tame right now, even trapping one in a cage they fly out. Int doesn't give you much anyways inregards to craftin buff. I believe the issue lies with the taming method & usefulness of Int rather than the animal itself.
  • Razortooth - Can't comment
  • Shieldhorn - Can't comment
  • Elephant - Fine
  • Giant Pig - Can't think of a reason to ever want one unless they drop a meat that gives taming buff or if they poo often or being force fed makes them poo. Something to let you make fertiliser easily.
  • Giraffe - Let them gather thatch better than anything else.
  • Horse - Seem okay, taming process is harder than the reward tho.
  • Lion - So so weak right now, It should be the hardest/strongest predator.
  • Monkey - Lets you consume less Stamina while running/jumping
  • Ostrich - Its okay where it is, nice fun mid tier mount.
  • Parrot - Fine.
  • Penguin - Fine
  • Rabbit - Fine
  • Rhino - Fine
  • Seagull - Warning system to when a SOD is near?
  • Sheep - Too much hassle to tame one of these and keep it alive vs just killing them and harvesting them in the wild. Let shaving them give a unique kind of fur (Clean wool) rather than the fur you get from killing (Dirty wool)
  • Tiger - Same as Lion.
  • Vulture - Their hit boxs are really weird and with lag they just don't hit. I think they're fine but with high ping/lag they do become useless
  • Wolf - Also very weak but overall seems fine in terms of the job it does.
Edited by Bradley1928
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Change how to play/farm :

Make cow or atleast bull able to "use" the cargo saddle.
And able us to put on it a chest that make ressource to weight less. And so, make the cargo saddle a cargo, and not just a mounted gun 🙂

The wool from sheeps should be a material that can work either as Hide or Fiber (or only fiber).
Actually, hide isn't a ressource that we farm a lot. Fiber is one we do, so people would tame many to gather there wool to farm Fibers, as an alternative way 🙂 

Bear need to be less effective. Actually it's the best transporter, it harvests fiber/fruit, it is the best mount, can put a cargo with canon on it, super fast. It needs to be less good everywhere.

Better experience :
An animal that help for breeding (I know penguin provide heat). But something that is a bit better ? Or an other animal that provide cold ?

Why not ?
Make the seagull able to "fish" as on Ark. With a similary bonus.
I really like the idea from Symptom too. Make them really usefull

20 hours ago, Symptom said:

-Seagull warns you about rain and storms.

Make the vulture able to harvest a rare meat ? That can't be obtainable with other animals. A meat that can be use to tame or recipe maybe ?

Edited by globytheoldpirate
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Same, lost a bear yesterday... that just vanished in front of my eyes. Only useful mount at very harsh island. 

1 minute ago, Bradley1928 said:

Biggest thing making them not valuable is how easily they can be killed within a house or fall through the floor foundations. I have 7-8 chickens under my house in the foundations for weeks now.

Yup, I feel ya. This bug is a priority for us to resolve asap. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

2 Things that I can think of on the spot is a thatch animal while there are several animals that gather thatch none do it well or worth taming for. Also with all the nerfs that have come to predators mainly wolves which I understand it could be frustrating to get attacked by a pack of wolves and insta killed. Tamed wolves have become kinda useless because of how weak they are damage wise so maybe return tamed wolf values to original or just buff them in general. 🙂 Also some breeding love would be great alot of us dont have time to micromanage animals for 16 hours so they dont die.

Edited by Prestige
  • Like 2

Bulls need a cargo harness that moves weight.

Make a medium gate that fits elephants. Behe gates are stupid

Edited by Pallist
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 3

seagul- reveal more fog of war in open seas and maybe show trails of the ships ?
vulture- show health of every living thing around you?
bull- carry more weight

-giraffe gather more thatch

-bear should be able to gather honey

and please add ignore item list to the animal inventory like in the bank

and more agressive options to animals like : attack only players and tamed creatures. i want animals protect my base not to chase a seagul to the open seas

Edited by Veg
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Bulls are horrible and pretty useless all round, how about make them reward-able by being a good thatch farming animal or at the least being able to pull a cart like the bears? Also  Shieldhorns feel borderline useless too considering how horrible they are to tame and  I've heard  the  same  about the Razortooth, increase damage and survivability to make them a viable animal against Power Stone Island creatures? (Speaking from a PvE perspective.)

• Like 9

Penguin should help with breeding more, help prevent babies from getting too cold or too hot, seeing as we have no way to cool things down easily.

Rabbits should do.... something... other than breed fast. Maybe increase jump height slightly.

Would help if pigs could be used to dig in the ground similar to a shovel, because I need more worms to tame my crows. On that note, digging should be applicable to the 2x events....

Crows should be able to attack on command, you can command them to attack currently, but they dont actually attack. Unless I am doing something wrong.

Edited by Jormungand
additional suggestions, gramatical error
  • Like 6

Shoulder pets could have alert systems on like in aberration to warn of enemy players, whales, max level tames ect

Most important thing is to split harvesting materials from food collection. At the moment when I harvesting with bear for fibre I alway get tons and tons berries and so on. I don’t know why fruits and vegetables a called Resourses. Could make another option like disable food harvesting. Thanks

• Like 26

- Add an extra Option Menu to animals for farming: for example for elephants -> only farm wood so you can deactivated farming berrys and other stuff you won't farm at the moment

- giraffe needs a second 2x buff for gather thatch

Edited by Tenosch
  • Like 9

Make a thatch animal please,

Make cargo saddles not just for PVPE, and for domestic use (like cargo), I personally don't care (and company either) if it increases the cost of them. 

I understand predators needed to be nerfed in wild, but now the tamed ones are jokes that get laughed at by farming tames. 

PLEASE - Make a carriage type that uses 2 of same animal, essentially increasing hit box, seats and weight capacity. Would be super cool 😃 (personal want hah) 

Edited by Whitebeard
Addition
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Fix the tier issue, apex predators should be a tier 3, you can breed bears at tier 2 but you can’t breed lions at tier 3, wolves are weak now and only at a tier 2. 

There is nothing worth taming for harvest reasons on thatch, pickaxe does it faster.

give rabbit a perk like what monkeys and seagulls give, at the moment rabbit does nothing when you have it with you, give it a luck boost for treasure chest rewards going by the whole lucky rabbit foot idea

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Robotukas said:

Most important thing is to split harvesting materials from food collection. At the moment when I harvesting with bear for fibre I alway get tons and tons berries and so on. I don’t know why fruits and vegetables a called Resourses. Could make another option like disable food harvesting. Thanks

We're going to be looking at moving over the tax-bank item-restrict functionality over to tames.

Thanks for the feedback folks, keep em coming 🙂

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

Its not that they are missing something....animals only have so many tricks.  However QoL. Changes could include more hotbar skills to use while riding that would increase their need.  

Example would be maybe the cargo saddle thing being a weight reduction skills that last maybe 3min while you are soecifically farming.

Or a sprint skill on the mounted rider thype animals.  Increased/decreased aggro toggles on certain sneaky types like tiger or wolf.

And far left. Go for something like using the flying creatures to give birdeye view toggle with camera distance at equal to the tallest mast on large sails.

make giraffes actually gather at a a decent rate, pretty useless. most the tames are completely useless for many larger company's because the tame cap. need to separate crew from tames. can only have couple ships on a map decked out, and then they expect us to defend it with more crew? and then to have a couple farm tames? need to just separate the two.

Edited by Nerva666
  • Like 1

Pigs could be good for farming seeds, or cooking ingredients.

place a lasso in the game for things that are passive flee in order to tame

• Like 9

• Crow - Perhaps give the ability to teach the crow to go pick up maps without having you interact with the bottle yourself... Crows are very good at learning...
  • Monkey - Perhaps give the ability to pick up small items... Perhaps make it possible to throw him through an open window into a base and then have him raid something off of the sleeping characters body...
  • Parrot - Perhaps give it an ability to sing along with a song you play which then gives an extra boost to the timer or buff %...
  • Seagull - Perhaps have it make a sound to indicate a storm is coming... 
  • Like 6