Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

Structure spam on islands

Hi,

To the dev's: There's actually a big problem on this game, the structure spamming on lawless island prevent new players from playing.

The lower radius effect of the foundation that you made was a misstake, they just have to put 3 or 4x more (and it take 10mins to craft 100 thatch floor) and now the ground is totally covered.

You have to keep in mind that it's to you to make something, because as a player if you don't wan't shit like large wall spamming you have to spam your own foundation too, and when i see the work on server optimization on the patch note i don't think that mechanic help.

Why not adding a number cap of foundation/pillar on lawless island or something else ?

155005383567376362.jpg

15500538813563714725.jpg

• Sad 1

Originally people was not supposed to build on lawless at all besides for a temporary base to get a ship going.

They need to fix a lot of things, including the ability to actually use ships as bases.

1. Fix the claiming system.

2. Fix the ship they broke with 117 rocket science attempts to avoid griefing. Just use speed as the single penalty, never sink.

3. Apply a 14-21 days timer on lawless with a non stopping decay timer. Should be plenty to get people in a schooner, brig etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sand man said:

Why would people buy this game, when they see shit like that ???

That’s a stupid comment and you know it, or this is just sarcasm 😄 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

That’s a stupid comment and you know it, or this is just sarcasm 😄 

Ok , lets all buy a game that is nothing but Griefing then.

Any way, do the Parrot thread, its funny.

18 minutes ago, sand man said:

Why would people buy this game, when they see shit like that ???

Game hit a new low peak with 14500 people playing. I have a feeling next month with the new games we are sub 10000.

They keep trying to make this ARK 2.0 with some ships added and all the same mistakes applied. And that´s not what most people got it for.

Edited by Shintai
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shintai said:

3. Apply a 14-21 days timer on lawless with a non stopping decay timer. Should be plenty to get people in a schooner, brig etc. 

Due to the claim system many live full time on a lawless. If this went into effect, I be with the 75% that has already left the game.

And now that so many people have left the game you can remove many of these. I removed over 30 block yesterday. Go click them and see if you can delete them. Many are already at a zero timer. I agree with the auto delete on all grids but only if the owner has been away for 21 days.

The last thing we need to do is piss off the remaining 25% of the player base (more than they already are).

As far as available land. I think much will be opening shortly.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Buck Rider said:

Due to the claim system many live full time on a lawless. If this went into effect, I be with the 75% that has already left the game.

And now that so many people have left the game you can remove many of these. I removed over 30 block yesterday. Go click them and see if you can delete them. Many are already at a zero timer. I agree with the auto delete on all grids but only if the owner has been away for 21 days.

The last thing we need to do is piss off the remaining 25% of the player base (more than they already are).

As far as available land. I think much will be opening shortly.

That's what part 1 and 2 was about. If anything the current lawless kills new players entirely. And lawless people as stated cant move on due to two other broken game mechanics.

However no matter how you turn it, lawless was never designed for permanent residence.

1 hour ago, sand man said:

Ok , lets all buy a game that is nothing but Griefing then.

Any way, do the Parrot thread, its funny.

Sarcasm again? 😄 

• Haha 1

There’s 2 sides to this story! Yes, the foundation spam is annoying!! But I permanently live in lawless and I foundation spam.. 

but I am not part of the problem..

why?? 

Initially, we didn’t claim any more land than we needed, but every now and again a small group of selfish idiots will come along and build houses over metal nodes, or gate of an entire valley to keep it for themselves, as they have come and gone, we have demolished them and spammed them so the resources can be open to everyone. Now when a new group settle, we clear a space for them and co-exist peacefully! Our island is newly 50% co trolled by us but open to all. Without our make-do policing, it would not be that way. 

When I see this. I build a couple mortars or cannons bring em to the island and blow up every ship on the island that the pillar/ foundation spammer owns .

Because I can. Just like they can build those stupid things.

• Like 1

They should really allow building on lawless islands only within like 20 feet of the shore, so that the inland is always available to harvest.  they should also disallow gates/large gates to be placed within a certain radius of one another to prevent them being used to create huge walls.

4 hours ago, Shintai said:

Game hit a new low peak with 14500 people playing. I have a feeling next month with the new games we are sub 10000.

They keep trying to make this ARK 2.0 with some ships added and all the same mistakes applied. And that´s not what most people got it for.

Oh - well in that case I expect to be able to get some land of my own then instead of having to live in the lawless lands

3 hours ago, TerrorTrooper said:

There’s 2 sides to this story! Yes, the foundation spam is annoying!! But I permanently live in lawless and I foundation spam.. 

but I am not part of the problem..

why?? 

Initially, we didn’t claim any more land than we needed, but every now and again a small group of selfish idiots will come along and build houses over metal nodes, or gate of an entire valley to keep it for themselves, as they have come and gone, we have demolished them and spammed them so the resources can be open to everyone. Now when a new group settle, we clear a space for them and co-exist peacefully! Our island is newly 50% co trolled by us but open to all. Without our make-do policing, it would not be that way. 

We do the same with foundations around our base in a small area (because of this mechanic we have no choice) and demolish some when other players ask for.

The spamming foundation isn't a problem for us instead of it's horrible and so stupid, because we already have the base. But when they block the 2/3 of the island with large doors and all the ressource spawn it's different...

And to finish, with this actual claim system, no way we can't leave the lawless island

There is so much land in this game that's not used. its sad really.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JC67 said:

There is so much land in this game that's not used. its sad really.

Where? - certainly not seen any on the EU PVE server

Just now, AntonyVW said:

Where? - certainly not seen any on the EU PVE server

Claimed areas. 90 percent of claimed areas is unused land. 

• Like 1

Sorry i think you misunderstand me. i,am not talking about unclaimed land but claimed that is not being used or land that have foundation or pillars all over but no one build anything there.

There is absolutely space for a new player to build a base on the PVE lawless servers I have visited.

Are they on the coast, generally no. But there is definitely room for new players. Not everyone spams foundations. And when they do, it's really their neighbors that complain, not the newcomers.

And, for that matter, north of row 4 there aren't even enough residents to make spamming needed. Not even for the most land-selfish players. Never have been.

On 2/13/2019 at 4:34 AM, Shintai said:

ships as bases.

If they could make (pve) ships utterly invincible when anchored. it would be nice to have a "ship is your base" kind of thing going on. but as it is now it's too easy to loose them to tornados and greifers. 

• Like 1