Sign in to follow this  
Littlelucifer

Need for a thatch animal

One thing this game needs is a animal designed for thatch, they said giraffe but giraffe truly bites, you can use pickaxe for thats, If anything the bull or giraffee be best if they could work on giraffe asap that would help alot.  The other thing is a weightless animal for resources. I dont agree with adding weight instead of reducing weight of animals such as elephant etc. these animals are deigned to do certain jobs and should hence have materials they get have a huge weight loss 

• Like 1

Bear and find the dead leaf patches.  Can get thousands super easy in freeports and other locations all over the place.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Remcott said:

Bear and find the dead leaf patches.  Can get thousands super easy in freeports and other locations all over the place.  

boring , sick of seeing this reply when player post about thatch not everyone has those plants close , so stop with the bear go farm dead leaf patches , 

we need a dedicated thatch animal either giraffe or male bull , would be ideal for this ...

1 hour ago, Littlelucifer said:

One thing this game needs is a animal designed for thatch, they said giraffe but giraffe truly bites, you can use pickaxe for thats, If anything the bull or giraffee be best if they could work on giraffe asap that would help alot.  The other thing is a weightless animal for resources. I dont agree with adding weight instead of reducing weight of animals such as elephant etc. these animals are deigned to do certain jobs and should hence have materials they get have a huge weight loss 

the weight added to anmals instead of weight reduction , was to stop players lading them with 10s of thousands of weight an placing them on boats where the weight didnt affect the boats speed , 

To be fair, bears work on tons of different types of thatch bushes, not just the dead leaf ones... I even have them out in the desert.
However, I agree. I liked it where Ark had 3 different dino's for the 3 main supplies.

12 minutes ago, UDO said:

boring , sick of seeing this reply when player post about thatch not everyone has those plants close , so stop with the bear go farm dead leaf patches , 

I'm sick of seeing people whine about perfectly valid solutions to their problems because they're too damned lazy or too full of self-entitlement.  I built an entire castle... in the tundra... on and island with no fiber and no paste... with nothing but hand tools and a horse.  You want thatch?  Chop chop.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, UDO said:

we need a dedicated thatch animal either giraffe or male bull , would be ideal for this ...

the weight added to anmals instead of weight reduction , was to stop players lading them with 10s of thousands of weight an placing them on boats where the weight didnt affect the boats speed , 

Doesnt matter if it is a animal or not depends what people put on a boat. People weigh down boats as it is with metal and wood etc even now so that cant be the main reason they changed it . it is a suggestion and a another reason for wanting that animal and another reason people had for breeding animals trying to get some who can carry  more weight it was a challenge. Not everyone lives in areas with leaves but it is nice seeing animals that can do certain things. 

Bear works fine in all freeports and desert area’s. I’m sure you have one around, just gather 50K thatch in a few hours and you’re good for a little bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Caldrin said:

They need to start reducing the dependence on tames.. 

They won’t, when they did that, the forums were full of PvE’ers wanting it changed. It’s sad, but they won’t change it back. We just have to live with the fact people can solo a gally in 1 day 😄 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I'm sick of seeing people whine about perfectly valid solutions to their problems because they're too damned lazy or too full of self-entitlement.  I built an entire castle... in the tundra... on and island with no fiber and no paste... with nothing but hand tools and a horse.  You want thatch?  Chop chop.

and again another reply that reeks of bitterness and oh look what i did without a tame for thatch , i and everyone else so far who played the game 

not every grid has what’s needed for a bear to get thatch , the answer isn’t go do what i did as i managed , players want to cut down on farming times .

as op pointed out we need a dedicated thatch farming tame to speed up thatch farming ,end of ,there is nothing else that is needed or any suggestions to get around it as we all know that using pick is the fastest way available at the moment .

like everyone else  farming thatch by hand allowed us to build what we needed ,but a faster way is needed so we can cut down the time on land and go out and explore the grids get the discovery points needed , better bps etc etc 

i

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

They won’t, when they did that, the forums were full of PvE’ers wanting it changed. It’s sad, but they won’t change it back. We just have to live with the fact people can solo a gally in 1 day 😄 

They could just buff the useless and lazy crew properly, that they can do more than sit lazily on the ship. They can not carry anything, they have to less HP, the pathfinding is stupid and they hang everywhere. They can not handle tools either.

Make the crew more productive than the animals, then you do not have to tame them anymore. If they can not do that, we do not need to discuss the topic any further.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

3 hours ago, Caldrin said:

They need to start reducing the dependence on tames.. 

^^ This.

1 minute ago, Coggage said:

I thought the Bear was Fiber, not Thatch?  I must be getting confused.

Bear can do both, including wood for that matter. In short the bear harvest what you would with hand/sickle.

Ah, right.  I rarely take the bear out because I usually have way too much Fiber.  I must make a few trips and hit some trees.  🙂

52 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

They could just buff the useless and lazy crew properly, that they can do more than sit lazily on the ship. They can not carry anything, they have to less HP, the pathfinding is stupid and they hang everywhere. They can not handle tools either.

Make the crew more productive than the animals, then you do not have to tame them anymore. If they can not do that, we do not need to discuss the topic any further.

Well I’m all up for the ‘age of empires’ woodcutting and such, just have a building where you can place NPC’s in that gather wood for you. Does mean they will deplete food faster and cost a lot, but that’s worth it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Well I’m all up for the ‘age of empires’ woodcutting and such, just have a building where you can place NPC’s in that gather wood for you. Does mean they will deplete food faster and cost a lot, but that’s worth it. 

This is what Atlas should have been from the start. Not the idiotic ARK 2.0 concept.

5 hours ago, Littlelucifer said:

... that cant be the main reason they changed it . 

It is the only reason they opted to remove weight reduction. The mechanic could be used to bypass ship limits. It completely makes sense and buffing base was a nice middle ground. This is not ARK it is not about the tames but I do agree that we need an animal (like the giraffe) that clearly out performs the bear.

There is no reason to have the bear be good for both all fibers and "These specific thatch nodes"

Edited by Nari

43 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Bear can do both, including wood for that matter. In short the bear harvest what you would with hand/sickle.

With a common pick/sickle*

2 hours ago, uli said:

not every grid has what’s needed for a bear to get thatch , the answer isn’t go do what i did as i managed , players want to cut down on farming times .

My Grid doesn't have metal nodes. NONE. Do you know what I do? I get on my ship and go gather and bring it back to my base. Pain in the ass sure, but that's the choice I made when I built where I did. As far as gathering thatch, I grab my elephant, put him on follow and use him as a wagon while I run through a pocket full of pick axes. Get creative and have fun!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shintai said:

This is what Atlas should have been from the start. Not the idiotic ARK 2.0 concept.

"Why is it that when I bought a game from the developers of ark it's like ark and not age of empires".

1 hour ago, Nari said:

With a common pick/sickle*

Being frank, I never once harvested multiple fiber plants in one swing for 150+ fiber with a sickle like I do with a bear.

1 hour ago, Captain Scotch said:

My Grid doesn't have metal nodes. NONE. Do you know what I do? I get on my ship and go gather and bring it back to my base. Pain in the ass sure, but that's the choice I made when I built where I did. As far as gathering thatch, I grab my elephant, put him on follow and use him as a wagon while I run through a pocket full of pick axes. Get creative and have fun!

The slow speed that you must gather at would make me punt myself.

7 minutes ago, gadefence said:

"Why is it that when I bought a game from the developers of ark it's like ark and not age of empires".

That's the worst excuse ever. Other studios can make different games.

3 hours ago, uli said:

and again another reply that reeks of bitterness and oh look what i did without a tame for thatch , i and everyone else so far who played the game 

as op pointed out we need a dedicated thatch farming tame to speed up thatch farming ,end of ,there is nothing else that is needed or any suggestions to get around it as we all know that using pick is the fastest way available at the moment .

like everyone else  farming thatch by hand allowed us to build what we needed ,but a faster way is needed so we can cut down the time on land and go out and explore the grids get the discovery points needed , better bps etc etc 

Bitter? No, sarcastic. The game is less than 2 months old and people keep crying because they haven't gotten to that end-game content and 'won' yet. You have a tame that farms thatch. You're just too lazy to 'go out and explore the grids' and find places where the bear does it well.

• Like 1