Special Notice regarding stacking cannons in gunports Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
[A1] Steel

Transitioning from a region you are allowed in to a region you are not allowed in

Good Day!

As per always thank you for everything you do!

I encountered this specific 'bug' that's not really a bug while testing some new mechanics earlier today. Our community has been trying to come up with some creative solutions to PVE / PVP being on the same map. One of these solutions includes using different white lists for pvp and pve. The problem then arises that when you do this and if you transition from a region you are allowed to a region you are not allowed it locks you out of the server permanently because your character is then stuck attempting to login to the disallowed region.

Obviously this can only happen if you're running multiple machines with different playerallowednocheck files (or bannedlist files).

Is there anyway we could have is so if a player is banned from a particular region they either see a red wall of death and cannot enter OR they just transition to the next allowed zone. (I understand that the latter request is prohibitively complex)

Thank you for your time on this specialized issue. I really hope a solution can be worked in 'soon' as this would lead to some awesome PVPVE mechanics for us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1